Four Hours: The Nürburgring 4Hr Companion & Competition

• Thread starter Famine
  • 989 comments
My first try was this car:Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06...... My fuel ENDS:tdown:. One by one they pass me. In the end i was 10. :) .....

Ps. there were only 47km in mines car distance after this race?? it really should been more.

Welcome aboard opelman!

Ouch! on the fuel situation!

What car will you use for your next attempt?

When you mention 47km's on your car, do you mean that this is all the game thinks that you drove during the race?

Normally for this 26 lap race, my cars are putting on about 393 miles (or 629 km's), and need an oil change by the end. I haven't seen anything before about the game thinking we drove only 47 km's.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Welcome aboard opelman!

Ouch! on the fuel situation!

What car will you use for your next attempt?

When you mention 47km's on your car, do you mean that this is all the game thinks that you drove during the race?

Normally for this 26 lap race, my cars are putting on about 393 miles (or 629 km's), and need an oil change by the end. I haven't seen anything before about the game thinking we drove only 47 km's.

Respectfully,
GTsail
yeap. Game put nothing on the distance on my car this 4hours race. I can't even change the oil. Because it was so good condition. Dunno yet what car use next time :)

I am currently 11 laps into another 'Ring race and ran into another anomaly:

On lap # 9 the split times back to the 2nd place car stopped being displayed. They should have been between 2 to 5 seconds, but at each checkpoint, no split times were being displayed, only the lap time was shown.

I think that this is the second time I've seen this during a 4 hour race.

Has anyone else seen this?

Any speculation on why the game would stop giving out splits for a lap?

Maybe after 26 races, my game is tired of telling me where I am on the track!

Beginning on lap # 10, the split times have started to appear again.

Puzzled,
GTsail

Last edited:
How well does one think a completely stock Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 will do in this race? I'm not expecting it to win (though seeing my favorite car in the game beat my least favorite, the S2K Turbo would be really amazing for me :D) but I wanna give it a try and see where it ends up...sadly can't check at the PS3 now since I'm still in Croatia till 19th. Also asked a similar question about a stock CT230R as well a while back...how do you think that will do guys? :confused:

How well does one think a completely stock Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 will do in this race? I'm not expecting it to win (though seeing my favorite car in the game beat my least favorite, the S2K Turbo would be really amazing for me :D) but I wanna give it a try and see where it ends up...sadly can't check at the PS3 now since I'm still in Croatia till 19th. Also asked a similar question about a stock CT230R as well a while back...how do you think that will do guys? :confused:

I did a few laps in the Alpha and it drove beautifully. I don't remember the times but I do remember I decided it was too slow for the ring.

s2k2k3
I did a few laps in the Alpha and it drove beautifully. I don't remember the times but I do remember I decided it was too slow for the ring.

Meh...where do you think it'd come? Z-Tune-ish range? I beat one on Monza before when it was on SS, so beating it when it's on RM's around the Ring shouldn't be impossible.

Okay, I'm going to attempt this race yet again, using the Viper SRT10 ACR. Despite outright speed, the poor fuel and tyre economy (3 Lap tyre stints as the tyres explode during the 4th lap and 18L per lap) will make this race (hopefully) a very close victory for me. It'll certainly be interesting. :) I reckon if there's no Amuse Turbo or Audi R8 I can scrape a victory. :)

Car Used: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Power: 637BHP
Weight: 1552kg
Power/Weight: 410.44BHP/tonne
PP: 582
Tyres: RS throughout the race

Starting Grid:
G. Shields - BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
L. Ivanov - HPA FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT
B. Hoover - Amuse S2000 GT1
S. Bailey - NISMO 400R
P. Leoni - HPA Stage II R32
F. Hebert - HKS CT230R
Me - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
O. Morvan - Skyline GT-R R-Tune (R34)
H. James - Fairlady Z Z-Tune
I. Wallner - BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1
L. Garcia - Gran Turismo SKYLINE GT-R
G. Propst - NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

Main rivals appear to be the 380RS, the HKS and the Amuse S2000 GT1. Like I said, close race. I'm going to call this one Mission Impossible. ;)

(Fastest Laps in Bold)

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE RACE REPORT
Lap 01 - 08:48.484
Lap 02 - 08:49.104
Lap 03 - 88:54.308 (Pit-In for 15L after 53L used with 47L left in the tank)
Lap 04 - 89:07.129 (Pit-Out)
Lap 05 - 08:44.017
Lap 06 - 09:12.797 (Pit-In for 53L after 53L used with 9L left in the tank)
Lap 07 - 09:29.478 (Pit-Out)
Lap 08 - 08:44.377
Lap 09 - 09:11.390 (Pit-In for 53L after 53L used with 9L left in the tank)
Lap 10 - 09:32.633 (Pit-Out)
Lap 11 - 08:46.450
Lap 12 - 09:12.409 (Pit-In for 53L after 51L used with 11L in the tank)
Lap 13 - 09:49.768 (Pit-Out)

The Grid shortly before the half-way mark is:
1. Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
2. FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT
3. BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
4. BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1
5. Fairlady Z Z-Tune
6. HKS CT230R
7. HPA Stage II R32
8. Skyline GT-R R-Tune (R34)

Lap 14 - 08:48.392
Lap 15 - 09:12.850 (Pit-In for 53L after 50L used with 12L in the tank)
Lap 16 - 09:41.757 (Pit-Out)
Lap 17 - 09:03.922
Lap 18 - 09:29.568 (Pit-In for 87L (DISASTER!) after 53L used with 12L in the tank)
Lap 19 - 10:02.160 (Pit-Out)
Lap 20 - 08:55.506

The grid with less than an hour to go:
1. Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
2. HPA FT565 Twin Turbo Audi TT
3. BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec
4. BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1
5. Fairlady Z Z-Tune
6. HKS CT230R
7. HPA Stage II R32
8. Amuse S2000 GT1

Lap 21 - 09:34.665 (Pit-In for 15L after 53L used with 46L left in the tank)
Lap 22 - 09:25.238 (Pit-Out)
Lap 23 - 09:05.009
Lap 24 - ~09:30.000 (Pit-In for L after 30L used with 9L left in the tank)
Lap 25 - ~09:20.000 (Pit-Out)
Lap 26 - ~09:30.000
Lap 27 - ~15:30.000 (Ran out of Fuel)

And I crossed the line 1st after approximately 04:15 and 27 laps. I was 11th doing 50mph for the last ~15 minutes, which was boring and maddening at the same time. :grumpy: Anyway, I have finally won this race, and I can say that since 2nd (the HPA TT) only did 26 laps and was around 1:00-2:00 behind, even with twice the pitting the Viper is easily capable of winning this race with the default set-up on RS Tyres. :)

The annoying thing is, my average speed for this race dropped from 98mph (if I'd done 26 Laps and stopped temporarily to avoid the 27th) to 96mph due to running out of fuel. If I'd have known I'd had to do an extra lap and put in the necessary fuel on Lap 24, I could've averaged 100MPH. :(

Last edited:
This friday will happen my last test and if I finish it early I can leave at 9:30 am (BR time), so I might give it a try. Not exact sure on which car, but this week will be alot of testing in diferent cars, but I'm pretty sure in getting the S2000 GT1 Turbo and the R8 LMS on the same lineup and get my Supra RZ to beat them (well 710hp needs to kill them, not sure about PP) and I need to make sure I don't go full throttle in a little jump in the 1st part of the Nordschleife...

I am currently 11 laps into another 'Ring race and ran into another anomaly:

On lap # 9 the split times back to the 2nd place car stopped being displayed. They should have been between 2 to 5 seconds, but at each checkpoint, no split times were being displayed, only the lap time was shown.

I think that this is the second time I've seen this during a 4 hour race.

Has anyone else seen this?

Any speculation on why the game would stop giving out splits for a lap?

Maybe after 26 races, my game is tired of telling me where I am on the track!

Beginning on lap # 10, the split times have started to appear again.

Puzzled,
GTsail

I have had this happen a couple of times on the full lap AMG Intermediate time trial- probably just a glitch on the Nurburgring :confused:
When it happened to me restarting cured the problem.

Just had some test runs in the Giulia...didn't get any better than a 9:31 with only one slight off, all aids except ABS off and sensitivity 7. So I'd just about beat the Carbon R, but that's it... :indiff:

Remember, this is a stock Giulia with just Racing Hards. Racing Softs might be able to shave it down past 9:10...don't know if I could get it down to, say the S2K Turbo though. :indiff:

Realized that my race-report didn't automatically get linked to this thread - so if you want to read about a Miura going around the 'ring for four hours (and add me to the leaderboard :)) - go right ahead.

cheers

Currently testing a few cars against the R8 LMS and the S2k GT1 Turboeh.
I really like the Lotus Evora. It's kinda heavy but it drives really nice, even with OEM suspension etc. Think I might have a full go later this week with the Evora. Hopefully 440/445PP will do.

I believe I found the perfect car to race against both the S2K GT1 Turbo and the R8 LMS. Saleen S7, Racing spec trasmission, suspension and LSD, as well Chassis/Engine Maintainence and Stages 2 and 3 of Weight Reduction, as well the Chassis Reinforcement.
550 hp to 1125 kg and 576 PP

576PP, isn't that seriously way too fast ? Or do you have to make a pitstop every lap ? :sly:

Yep, it was beating them both by 10 secs per lap -_- then I just did a run with the V8S and did a 8.36.xxx which is 2 secs behind R8 LMS worst average lap and 3 secs behind S2K Turbo average lap... so I might use it

576PP, isn't that seriously way too fast ? Or do you have to make a pitstop every lap ? :sly:
My Viper won easily by around 2:00 despite pitting every 3 Laps (8 times in total) for ~53L per stint. It had the following stats:
Car Used: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Power: 637BHP
Weight: 1552kg
Power/Weight: 410.44BHP/tonne
PP: 582
Tyres: RS throughout the race

So yes, 576PP will likely be too much, unless you pit frequently like I did.

I didn't want to use a FF, but I'm going to use either the 207 GTi or the Swift '07... any opnions on which is better?

I might consider giving this another try sometime soon, but use something less powerful. I'm thinking a fully tuned (originally) low PP car, or a really old (preferably pre-1980) car. Any suggestions?

How much PP do you want to use for both cars ?

I'm not quite sure, what's a PP range to have a competitive race with S2K Turbo and R8 LMS? but I ain't using the 207 for a simple reason, no aero kits can be installed :grumpy:

I'm thinking a fully tuned (originally) low PP car, or a really old (preferably pre-1980) car. Any suggestions?

I was trying a Giulia TZ2 completely stock but it wasn't fast enough. With max downforce, full power and Racing Softs it could beat the CTR2 and because it's so light the tyres would last long enough to keep yourself pitting at sensible times. ;)

I'm going to fully tune up the Autozam and gonna win, there! (I hope lol)

I'm not quite sure, what's a PP range to have a competitive race with S2K Turbo and R8 LMS? but I ain't using the 207 for a simple reason, no aero kits can be installed :grumpy:

Hm hard to tell. I have the Swift Sport '07 with 450PP. Stock weight, engine mods, suspension and gearbox. It drives OK I guess, but I just don't like FWD in general so I haven't tried it for 4 hours. I think, for me, it's doable with around 450-460PP. Not sure though how the front tyres look like after 4th lap.

I was trying a Giulia TZ2 completely stock but it wasn't fast enough. With max downforce, full power and Racing Softs it could beat the CTR2 and because it's so light the tyres would last long enough to keep yourself pitting at sensible times. ;)
I need to win one first, but good idea. That'd be a fun car to drive with Racing Tyres and FC transmission and a couple of engine upgrades. And I hope you're right about the tyres and fuel consumption. That was a concern for my Viper but fortunately it was so fast it didn't matter. ;)

I did a test run with a Honda Civic Type R '08
Specs:
-223 HP/8100 RPM
-FF
-1051Kg
-432PP
-Racing Soft
-Fully Customizable Transmission (240KM/H tottaly customized) and Suspension (minimum ride height -20mm front/back, rest stock)
-Cluch Twin Plate
-Flywheel Semi-Racing
-Adjustable LSD (F: IT 20/AS 45/BS 25, R not adjustable)
-Carbon Hood painted on body color (British Racing Green)
-Window Weight Reduction
-Stage 3 Weight Reduction
-Chassis Reinforcement
-Stage 1 Engine Upgrade
-Rest of the car stock.

Did a 9:16:265 as a lap time beating HKS CT230R... it's gonna be very close, I might lose...

With luck you could beat the CTR2 as well. Just avoid the S2K Turbo and R8 LMS and you're all clear. :)

from Famine's post some pages back about the lineups I'm gonna go with the 5th one that includes the CTR2 and CT230R and the G37, so I can have a fair race. My main weakness will be the straights, just liek the race with the Giulia in your fan fic...

Back