600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
So are you talking all gears, or just final, or just 6th? With my awful driving I could get nowhere near the limit, so I kept it ratio close to handle the road and lengthened 6th a bit for overall top speed. Wrong?
Well…I haven't tried it on the road course, but I'd say tweak the final, make it that bit longer and see where it'll get you. Do you drive AT or MT? MT makes it easier with cars like the 300C.

Well…I haven't tried it on the road course, but I'd say tweak the final, make it that bit longer and see where it'll get you. Do you drive AT or MT? MT makes it easier with cars like the 300C.

Old man with a DS3 running AT. Thanks for the help when I get home I might have to unshare and mess with it. Thanks again

I used MT for the first real time ever while testing the Murc. I've also got gears set up so it'll almost reach the limiter before the end of the Superspeedway straight, which does actually help acceleration a little. In case you're wondering the rough speeds I was at in relation to gears...

1st - 50-ish (never fully worked out this one, it only comes into play at the triple hairpins)
2nd - 85+
3rd - 110
4th - 150
5th - 170 (this is crucial for the speedway, the car won't hold to over 170 in corners for me)

Of course, this is just my idea, you use your own. You don't need to follow these speeds for yourself, just drive the car like you normally would. ;)

I used MT for the first real time ever while testing the Murc. I've also got gears set up so it'll almost reach the limiter before the end of the Superspeedway straight, which does actually help acceleration a little. In case you're wondering the rough speeds I was at in relation to gears...

1st - 50-ish (never fully worked out this one, it only comes into play at the triple hairpins)
2nd - 85+
3rd - 110
4th - 150
5th - 170 (this is crucial for the speedway, the car won't hold to over 170 in corners for me)

Of course, this is just my idea, you use your own. You don't need to follow these speeds for yourself, just drive the car like you normally would. ;)

I wouldn't even know how to run a MT (15+ years of running AT in GT world) maybe I should take some time off from the shootouts and try?

EDIT: it game MT I drive a 12 speed 8 ton truck IRL

Last edited:
I wouldn't even know how to run a MT (15+ years of running AT in GT world) maybe I should take some time off from the shootouts and try?

EDIT: it game MT I drive a 12 speed 8 ton truck IRL

It's definately worth it to try. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be a second or two faster just from the added benefits of being able to control your gears.

It's definately worth it to try. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be a second or two faster just from the added benefits of being able to control your gears.

I do late model racing now a used to race at Elkheartlake (road America) way back and trying to shift with a controller just makes me mad :(. Hard to transition real world to gaming. But I should try

I do late model racing now a used to race at Elkheartlake (road America) way back and trying to shift with a controller just makes me mad :(. Hard to transition real world to gaming. But I should try

Just treat L2 and R2 like paddle shifters in a Ferrari and you'll be fine. :D

Sorry again I had about 30min. to mess around with my car again so I did some tranny tweaking:sly:. For those that are building the cars, sorry, and for those that have run the cars and are done testing I am sorry. I'm done with it, thank you. Will be updated in post HERE. Have fun:dopey:

P.S. Thank you Onboy and everyone else for pointing out I wasn't getting full use of the tranny. Still needs work, but I have a date with my two daughters and my wife so no further tweaking, thanks again (could be a good drag car maybe)

Good luck to all Tuners and have fun you Testers!👍:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Well after all the time I had the "Phantom" offline this morning I ended up right where I started with it. Managed to shave about half a second off the road course time but ended up almost a second slower on the speedway so...put everything back the way I had it. Not sure if I was just having a bad day driving or if the changes made that much difference. Anyways its back on share now.
Enjoy the drive...or at least don't kill yourselves!:lol:
Good luck to everyone.

Remember
As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Well after all the time I had the "Phantom" offline this morning I ended up right where I started with it. Managed to shave about half a second off the road course time but ended up almost a second slower on the speedway so...put everything back the way I had it. Not sure if I was just having a bad day driving or if the changes made that much difference. Anyways its back on share now.
Enjoy the drive...or at least don't kill yourselves!:lol:
Good luck to everyone.

Remember
As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

I had a blast in your caddy. The car was so much better than I thought it would be. I also finished all the initial runs except for dr_slumps. Just need the doc to accept my FR.

I had a blast in your caddy. The car was so much better than I thought it would be. I also finished all the initial runs except for dr_slumps. Just need the doc to accept my FR.
So I could be the first to drive it? (scampers off) jk. :lol:

He don't have it on share, i build it, it's easy.

I'm finish too, just tryng to get some better times, oval is not my thing and i'm new at indyroad.

👍👍

He don't have it on share, i build it, it's easy.

I'm finish too, just tryng to get some better times, oval is not my thing and i'm new at indyroad.

👍👍

I am not going to build it, I don't have that car to begin with. Besides clearly stated in the rules, he needs to host it or find someone to host for him. Can I borrow yours? You can be his host. :sly:

I am not going to build it, I don't have that car to begin with. Besides clearly stated in the rules, he needs to host it or find someone to host for him. Can I borrow yours? You can be his host. :sly:

Ok ,i'll do this now till he put his own on share. 15 minutes.

I'm number 6, I'm number 6, I'm number 6! :)

Oh, wait, hold up a minute. I'm sixth on the list, not number 6. :(

That is just the order I tested the cars in, sorry if I caused you any confusion. Once I have the final results, I will post them in the proper order.

Milldrum
I'm number 6, I'm number 6, I'm number 6! :)

Oh, wait, hold up a minute. I'm sixth on the list, not number 6. :(

zero_speed
That is just the order I tested the cars in, sorry if I caused you any confusion. Once I have the final results, I will post them in the proper order.

I know, I'm just trying hard to be funny. I looked at the times and they are much faster than what I could get.

Here are my first results , i'll drive everyday all the cars again, when better laptimes i will update and change this pic, with the updated time in red.
I have also a report for each car that i will publish at the end.

Enjoy and congrats to all the tuners / testers. Don't forget this will evolute, positions will change if i do better times.

500pximscentennialerasv.png

semttulocsn.jpg

Points attribution System

Max speed at starting line: 280-290 kmh= 8pts // 290-300 kmh= 9 pts // 300 + kmh = 10 pts

Low speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = quick driving direction changes

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

medium speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line with throttle ,eagerness , front entring corner when release throttle.

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

High speed corner:
entry 10 pts = Sharp direction ,lot of grip oriented inside the corner to apex when release throtle.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line with throttle ,constant grip ,no floatty (snake).

out 10 pts = When full gas, no little oversteer that make loose speed, no understeer that don't allow full throttle, perfect balance.

Tuner // car : bigberry // FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA '07

Test drive result // total points= 89 pts

Max speed on startng line: 292 km/h = 181,5 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 10 Out: 8
Comments
Very equilibrate quick reactions , normal oversteer out of corner.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments
Need to be more reactive mid corner playing with throttle.
High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments
Good and steady driving line.

Oversteer under acceleration well tamed, very good car, just need to fine tune gears to be more eficient in certains curves, too neutral need a little induced oversteer under brake entring corner and mid corner throttle control to allow more aggressive driving style.

Tuner // car : akmuk // MERCEDES-BENZ SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09

Max speed on startng line: 286 km/h = 177,7 mph = 8 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: easy, quick change direction ,no oversteer out of corner

Medium speed corner:
Comments: very good control mid corner, can gain speed with throttle here

High speed corner:
Comments: perfect line. Nothing wrong ,can’t find something .
Perfect offline tune, limited by his weight at 600 pp (639 hp for 1576 kg) I’m shure no aero will increase his perf ,50 points downforce….

TESTER DRIVER CHOICE WITH 94 POINTS, NEED THIS CAR IN YOUR GARAGE , NEED TO BE TUNED ONLINE.

Tuner // car : acsr 421 // Ford GT No stripe ‘05

Test drive result // total points= 94 pts

Max speed on startng line: 300 km/h = 186,4 mph = 10 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: good changes of direction, easy to drive where you want, normal little oversteer on accel.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 9
Comments: Steady, good grip,perfect entry under break, easy to be agressive with the help of throttle mid corner.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Perfect line, very light direction.

Excelent car ,carry a lot of speed in any condition , very stable under brake, allow trail braking, gears well spreaded for this track. Very fast.

Tuner // car : VTiRoj // Ferrari 458 italia

Test drive result // total points= 92 pts

Max speed on starting line: 300 km/h = 186,4 mph = 10 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Very equilibrate good reactions , normal oversteer out of corner

Medium speed corner:
Comments: very good entry under brake,good mid corner eagerness, neutral out.

High speed corner:
Comments: stable ,equilibrate, good grip.

Very good car ,perfect balance , fit to everybody style,easy with a base like this for each driver fine tune ,afer this you’ll have one of your best car in your garage, need to test it online.

Tuner // car : Raver // Aston Martin V8 Vantage ‘99

Test drive result // total points= 60 pts

Max speed on startng line: 294 km/h = 182,7 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 5 Middle: 5 Out: 5
Comments: understeer entry,poor reactions,understeer out

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 5 Middle: 8 Out: 5
Comments: understeer entry,control with throttle,understeer out

High speed corner:
Entry: 6 Middle: 8 Out: 4
Comments: direction to soft, control with throttle, it’s a fight to not slam the wall.

Tuner // car : madmyk // Nissan GTR SPEC-V GT academy version ‘09

Max speed on startng line: 298 km/h = 185,2 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments: easy ,sharp, excelent round out corner, can use power early.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Very good stable and sharp, no surprise.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: stable, stay on the line you choose, possible to replace with direction or throttle. Perhaps less lateral grip due to low rear ride height.

Tuner // car : CyKosis 1973 // Mercdes-Benz SLS AMG ‘10

Test drive result // total points= 90 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good and responsive direction, normal oversteer out corner.

Medium speed corner:
Comments : good grip for his weight and no aero, easy to control mid corner line ,can place the car anywhere with throttle, normal oversteer out corner.

High speed corner:
Comments: very stable equilibrate, good grip for his weight.

Great car,no wing, good driving sensations, no weight reductions, I think it could help to shave 1 second , 1605 kg /734 hp, too heavy .

Tuner // car : C-ZETA // Lamborghini Murcielago LP720-4 TerminalVeloce-ity '11

Test drive result // total points= 84 pts

Max speed on startng line: 296km/h = 183,9 mph =9 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good evolution very responsive

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 5 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: The brake balance 2/7 make the car oversteer badly entring a corner,good for the show ,bad for speed. Not a lot of traction at retake out of corner due to torque distribution to much rear 15/85 and perhaps rear springs ,dampers and sway bar to hard.

High speed corner:
Entry: 7 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Good line steady ,good grip, just take care if you need to brake hard before entring corner full gaz.

Good car , with a more equlibrate brake balance and a torque distribution around 40/60, it’s perfect , can gain 1 sc per lap on indy road. To much space between 1-2-3 gears,not good for low speed corner and retake.

Tuner // car : Milldrum // Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03

Test drive result // total points= 78 pts

Max speed on startng line: 294 km/h = 182,7 mph=9 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: Good reaction low speed, roll a little too much.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 7 Out: 7
Comments: understeer under brake ,to soft mid corner, understeer out corner.

High speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 7 Out: 6
Comments: Too soft , front a little unstable, understeer.The springs and bumpers of the car are ok for a bumpy road,very soft, not for a flat speed track. The rear of the car is to low without necessity, that create a small understeer in most of corners in or out.

Tuner // car : Xdesperado67 // Cadillac cien

Test drive result // total points= 80 pts

Max speed on startng line: 301 km/h = 187 mph =10 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 5
Comments: entry and mid corner normal, good car, huge oversteer ,need lot of control even with G27 accel pedal.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 7 Middle: 9 Out: 5
Comments :embarrassed:versteer under strong trail braking,good grip and accel control mid corner big oversteer at accel out corner

High speed corner:
Comments: The car principal quality on the oval, entring the corner just release accel and it carve alone maintaining high speed at apex.

Very technical car and delicate acceleration when turning. Very very fast, all this make it a very good challenging pilot car. Fun but need permanent concentration, do not forgive anything.

Tuner // car : Krenkme // Chrysler 300 C ‘05

Test drive result // total points= 72 pts

Max speed on startng line: 288 km/h = 179 mph =8 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 7 Middle: 7 Out: 5
Comments: Low grip , big oversteer under acceleation, let it turn first.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 5
Comments: good entry,follow the driving line if right speed entry, big oversteer under acceleration.

High speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: good overall grip and drivingline at high speed.
This is a big car but need more grip to be fun. That’s what I don’t understand in GT5, for a same class of cars why some have grip and others don’t ???? Money ??

Tuner // car : DigitalBaka // Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09

Max speed on startng line: 297 km/h = 184,5 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: perfect car, very good retake, no surprise

Medium speed corner:
Comments : stability ,agressivity, safely

High speed corner:
Comments: Perfect line, just need downforce.

Amazing car, the long gearbox well spreaded make magic , out of corner very fast and round. Brillant tune, I love this car.

Tuner // car : CSLACR // Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07

Low speed corner:
Comments: perfectly balanced car

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments :Need more brake to be more incisive at entry.

High speed corner:
Comments: Lot of grip ,perfect line.

This car is perfect, but I can’t push it 100 % only for one reason. The brakes. I don’t agree with the 7/1 brake setting and ABS 2, the car brake well in term of distance,braking capacity , but they don’t help to the weight tranfer, to place the car playing with direction (brake and wheel),question of different driving style. To much front brake,to neutral for me. But it’s so fast, in my test the faster car road x oval combination.

Tuner // car : Brave bear // mazda rx-7 spirit r type a (fd) '02

Max speed on startng line: 294 km/h =182,7 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments: mazda rx-7 spirit ’02 , the perfect handling

Medium speed corner:
Comments : this machine is amazing ,precision, sharpness,grip,light…..

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 8
Comments: Some problems at high speed perhaps due to rear downforce that take out the front grip at high speed, I take my RX7 and do exactly the same times and have the same problems at high speed. My car also is not tuned especially for Indy oval or the long right high speed corner before the straight. I think 1 second can be shave with a special setting for Indy.

Tuner // car : GfxJG // Nissan GT-R SpecV ‘09

Test drive result // total points= 93 pts

Max speed on startng line: 292 km/h = 181,4 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: very good evolution at low speed, easy.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments:Very good entry with soft and regular oversteer, good throttle control mid corner, good grip out corner,can accelerate early.

High speed corner:
Comments: Good precision stable car, no surprises.

Easy fast drive, quick reactions, can throw the car anywhere it’ll stay safe all the time.

Tuner // car : Dylans1o // Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09

Test drive result // total points= 90 pts

Max speed on startng line: 298 km/h = 185,2 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 8
Comments: Perfect sharp entry, speed moove, oversteer out

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 8
Comments : aggressive and sharp entry , throttle control to place the car easy, oversteer out.

High speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: The front of the car float at high speed, dificult to print a driving line entring corner ,good control and grip after this.

Very fast car, the oversteer out of corners don’t allow full attack, but all the rest is perfect, very wild. I love this car. Perhaps the torque 15/85 induce some of this oversteer ?? rear ride height ??

Tuner // car : dr_slump // Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT academy version) ‘09

Test drive result // total points= 91 pts

Max speed on startng line: 292 km/h = 181,4 mph = 9 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: very responsive,can accelerate early out of corner.

Medium speed corner:
Comments:good entry, stable ,good control with throttle, good out corner .

High speed corner:
Comments: good grip, easy to place on driving line.

Perfect car for everybody any skills go fast.

Last edited:
Just put my car on share, will get the setup posted asap, is it too late to enter my car?

Deadline has passed. You are still down as a tester though...

Also...the terror begins again. :mischievous:

And my Murc is doing OK. Slowest of the three so far but I'm just about mid-table by the looks of it. Well, on Praiano's anyway.

Back