600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Heres my setup if its not too late sorry.

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
10-dargakie-auto-5.jpg

651BHP~1240kg~597PP
For Track use.

Parts
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
FC Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Racing Medium Tires

Setup
Transmission
1st--3.000
2nd--1.944
3rd--1.449
4th--1.152
5th--0.949
6th--0.785
FD--3.500
MS--261mph

LSD
F____R
0___10
0___36
0___12

Suspension
-10___-10
12.6___9.8
8_______7
5_______3
5_______5

Wheel Alignment
1.8_____2.2
-0.17__0.13

Brakes
4/4

I'm glad I concentrated on the oval more than the circuit, those extra tenths squeezed me up a position. :lol:

I'm glad I concentrated on the oval more than the circuit, those extra tenths squeezed me up a position. :lol:
Yep I got a huge boost from the speedway.
I'm horrible trying to drive the road course so instead of trying to get max potential there I went with the cars strength and did my best to make it the fastest thing on the oval for this shootout.:D:gtpflag:

I'm surprised mine is as well rounded as it is. I felt more comfortable on the Road Course and less comfortable on the speedway but I finished in identical positions on both with Praiano. Unlike Desperado, whose Cien looks catastrophic on Road Course but unbeatable on Speedway. I'd like to see that Cien take on the Indy 500 event in this game :lol:

I'm surprised mine is as well rounded as it is. I felt more comfortable on the Road Course and less comfortable on the speedway but I finished in identical positions on both with Praiano. Unlike Desperado, whose Cien looks catastrophic on Road Course but unbeatable on Speedway. I'd like to see that Cien take on the Indy 500 event in this game :lol:
600PP doesn't really let the car show what it can really do. Needed another 5-10 points just for more downforce in the rear. I tried adding more ballast for extra rear downforce and while it made the car easier to handle overall and gained me about a half second on the road course, it cost me about a full second on the oval as I gained almost nothing in corner speed and lost 1-2 miles per hour on the straights. After the shootout is over I want to do a max build with race softs and see what kind of times I can get on both courses. Adding a couple hundred horse power, losing a couple hundred kilos, raising rear downforce and upgrading tires should result in some phenomenal times!:D:crazy:

XDesperado67
600PP doesn't really let the car show what it can really do. Needed another 5-10 points just for more downforce in the rear. I tried adding more ballast for extra rear downforce and while it made the car easier to handle overall and gained me about a half second on the road course, it cost me about a full second on the oval as I gained almost nothing in corner speed and lost 1-2 miles per hour on the straights. After the shootout is over I want to do a max build with race softs and see what kind of times I can get on both courses. Adding a couple hundred horse power, losing a couple hundred kilos, raising rear downforce and upgrading tires should result in some phenomenal times!:D:crazy:

I've seen it in action on the drag strip. Temetias' one was a 'WTF' fast one...I want to try it soon.

Good morning. Don't worry ,like i say, i'll continue testing everyday and upgrading the times. Your lambo is the most difficult to drive of the 3 for indyroad. The 2/7 brake balance don't allow trail braking under strong brake and the torque distr 15/85 if i remember well , make the car more dificult to control out medium and slow corner. But i think i can find a different way to drive it and make better times, we will see , i'll drive it everyday with some others that i know i'm not 100%.
Have a good sunday.

Ive driven most of the cars so far and I intend to drive them all again . Tonight ive no plans so ill put in some mileage.

Can CLS confirm if Dr slump and Jackthalad submitted their tunes in time or not ?

Did you change something before the deadline? i feel a different car yesterday than before, less rear aero ? the front more planted , close to perfection now...👍

Did you change something before the deadline? i feel a different car yesterday than before, less rear aero ? the front more planted , close to perfection now...👍

Ooooohh…and this is coming from Praiano, the many gods of the track…it has to be good then…

Nope, once I posted the settings and shared the car online, that was the last time I adjusted anything on it. I've not taken it offline or tuned it since then. :) The car always had minimum rear aero though, maybe you're getting used to the car more?

Ooooohh…and this is coming from Praiano, the many gods of the track…it has to be good then…

The car was different only, from friday to saturday, i have a report for each car, and it's not a coincidence that i've run 0"400 lower than first test, the car had a very light front really, that's why i'm asking.
God of the track ?? my times are very humans, not E.T laps.Just wait Madame CSLAR to check..... Mister Onboy from Jackie Chan country !! :):)

Nope, once I posted the settings and shared the car online, that was the last time I adjusted anything on it. I've not taken it offline or tuned it since then. :) The car always had minimum rear aero though, maybe you're getting used to the car more?

Musr be this, just a sensation..... but it's one of my top 3 for shure. Great car.

The car was different only, from friday to saturday, i have a report for each car, and it's not a coincidence that i've run 0"400 lower than first test, the car had a very light front really, that's why i'm asking.
God of the track ?? my times are very humans, not E.T laps.Just wait Madame CSLAR to check..... Mister Onboy from Jackie Chan country !! :):)

I see. It's strange to hear that because I've not touched the car since I first put it on share. :lol:

Musr be this, just a sensation..... but it's one of my top 3 for shure. Great car.

Thank you! 👍

Heres my setup if its not too late sorry.

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
10-dargakie-auto-5.jpg

651BHP~1240kg~597PP
For Track use.

Parts
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
FC Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Racing Medium Tires

Setup
Transmission
1st--3.000
2nd--1.944
3rd--1.449
4th--1.152
5th--0.949
6th--0.785
FD--3.500
MS--261mph

LSD
F____R
0___10
0___36
0___12

Suspension
-10___-10
12.6___9.8
8_______7
5_______3
5_______5

Wheel Alignment
1.8_____2.2
-0.17__0.13

Brakes
4/4
I don't think it can be allowed for an official entry, since it was 4 and a half hours past the deadline, but I would definitely give it a run and give you comparative laps to see how it is, I haven't gotten to drive a Zonda C12 at all in GT5 yet.

praiano63

I AM DA BRUCE LEE OF GT5! :lol: or Jackie Chan, whichever works best. :lol:

ACSR421 - Ford GT '05 "no stripe":
Road Course: 1:26.016 Speedway: 49.093
A fast ass car here, though I guess the time gives that away. 👍 A little over-steery on braking, somewhat loose in general, but I love it. I would change the brakes if possible but that's it, the power able to be put down on exit is unbelievable for the tune being as neutral/over-steer based as it is, a little hard to drive though, this was my 5th lap and a full 4 tenths quicker than previous 2 best - here's to hoping for the magical 1:25 mark. :cheers:

dr_slump - nissan gt-r specv gt academy version '09:
Road Course: 1:26.494 Speedway: 49.669
Awesome car and tune here, a little under-steery for maximum velocity, but the time is hard to argue with, and it wasn't a 1 lap wonder, my slowest of 5 was 27.3.

CSLACR - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07:
Road Course: 1:26.622 Speedway: 48.617
A little under-steery for my taste, but a very solid drive at it's limit, what surprised me most was besting my old speedway time by 2 tenths, with what appeared a worse lap. I actually wish I tailored her for more throttle over-steer though. :(

madmyk - Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09:
Road Course: 1:26.915 Speedway: 49.977
Under-steer on exits, over-steer on entry, lsd limits the cars turning ability so I actually found 4 tenths by running wider lines around all the corners, because the lsd couldn't stop me. A good showing in time despite this.

Praiano63 - TOMMY KAIRA ZZII ’00:
Road Course: 1:27.207 Speedway: 48.531
Unbelievably solid, planted, and pretty quick to boot. A little under-steer when pushed keeps 1:26's at bay, at least for now, very good overall tune. Driver's Choice 👍

GfxJG - Nissan GT-R SpecV '09:
Road Course: 1:27.312 Speedway: 50.290
So easy on the oval it's unreal, solid, planted, as stable as the best, just to much under-steer and a to quick second gear made this the slowest GT-R of the day.

DigitalBaka - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV '09:
Road Course: 1:27.377 Speedway: 49.634
Good overall car here, and very good for a "noob" tune, similar to C-Zeta's, without the wheelspin and less under-steer makes the SV go faster. With a longer first and/or quicker second, this would lose a couple tenths off the bat, very solid, just punch it and go through any turn, well done my friend, well done. 👍

VTiRoj - Ferrari 458 Indy:
Road Course: 1:27.432 Speedway: 49.016
Love the car, and a great ride here, the later gears (3-7) could be a little closer together, especially 7th could be quicker, I imagine 48's (speedway) would already be had with it, tight lsd made me quiver at the thought of exiting any quicker then I already was, if I can tame the snap-oversteer on exit, a 27 flat on the road course is definitely possible.

Dylans1o - Lamborghini Murcielago:
Road Course: 1:27.559 Speedway: 49.719
High speed over-steer makes good laps at the oval harder, very nice gearing helps though, always does, somewhere between the lsd and torque split (85/15) this is the only 4WD that has to be peddled coming out of turns, probably could have broken 26's with more exit ability.

C-ZETA - Lamborghini Murcielago LP720-4:
Road Course: 1:27.898 Speedway: 49.823
Under-steer, wheelspin? Driving it I assume the LSD is a bit loose, and the under-steer is dominant, otherwise very solid tune, just the inside tires burning up on exit never helps 4WD lap times. Not sure about improvement, very easy to take to the limit, we'll see.

CyKosis1973 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10:
Road Course: 1:28.058 Speedway: 51.126
Absolutely solid, great tune overall here, except the under-steer left, traction is so far second to none exiting corners, gearing is very well spaced overall (though a longer 2 never hurts ;) ) and if it weren't for a dominating under-steer both time could drop up to half a second, otherwise though, this is a fantastic ride. 👍

bigberry - Ferrari 430 Scuderia:
Road Course: 1:28.114 Speedway: 49.027
Solid, good grip, very neutral overall, great tune overall, lsd seemed a little tight as it was prone to kicking the rear under wheelspin, but having almost entered an F430 myself, these times are right on par with what mine were. 👍 Expect quicker times on second run. (cross fingers too)

XDesperado67 - Cadillac Cien Concept '02:
Road Course: 1:28.126 Speedway: 48.127
Twitchy - word of the day for this ride, fast as hell on the speedway when you get it right, works pretty well for the road course too, just hard to nail down the best laps. Might improve a little, might improve a lot, depends where the twitch falls.

Milldrum - Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03:
Road Course: 1:28.624 Speedway: 51.542
Under-steer plagued this car, I don't think think it has (despite great specs) the potential to run with the faster cars, but with less under-steer 1:27's a definite, very smooth and solid outside of under-steer though.

brave bear - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02:
Road Course: 1:28.858 Speedway: 51.266
Good car, good tune, maybe a bit much rear downforce, but a seriously quick little car for having PP jacked 20 on rear downforce alone. A very good drive overall, just doesn't have the pebbles. "Out gunned but not out tuned"so to speak.

akmuq - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren:
Road Course: 1:29.294 Speedway: 51.247
Slow, so slow.... Slowest car by quite a bit, but it pays some of that back with good cornering, proper stability and better low speed acceleration without spin than anything else RWD here. Good drive overall, again just not enough beans, or in this case, to many kilo's.

krenkme - Chrysler 300C:
Road Course: 1:29.826 Speedway: 51.390
Under-steer at the Oval, under-steer and wheelspin at the road course. Overall the car did quite well considering it's unavoidable traction issues, it seems a tune with no holds barred going for traction, while it would feel better more neutral, it might burn the tires to ashes with the ability to turn any more. Improvement for second session?

raVer - Aston Martin Vantage '99:
Road Course: 1:31.863 Speedway: 52.302
This...car...is awful. The tune might not be to bad, it's hard to say with the abomination that is this car "racing" in GT5, no cornering grip whatsoever, the lowest by 5mph on speedway turns, and I think a flower sprouted up before my eyes in the tight S at the end of the track. :eek:
Under-steer rules, though that may be all in work to give more rear grip, which would understandable for this car, but I can't say the times will improve by any certain means, just a completely outmatched car here, the knife at this gunfight.

Last edited:
I don't think it can be allowed for an official entry, since it was 4 and a half hours past the deadline, but I would definitely give it a run and give you comparative laps to see how it is, I haven't gotten to drive a Zonda C12 at all in GT5 yet.
If everyone is ok with it entering, it can be entered, if anyone is not ok with a late entry, PM me and it won't be allowed. Up to you guys reading this.

If everyone is ok with it entering, it can be entered, if anyone is not ok with a late entry, PM me and it won't be allowed. Up to you guys reading this.

I'm ok with a late entry haha. Better late than never. :)

Well I've gotten 2 PM's as of now, deadlines are there for a reason, etc, etc, and I'll have to say no for the late submission, sorry Jack, if you leave it up I'll be more than happy to run it for comparison, it's just not fair to others to let late submissions in.

Looking at praiano63's table, my 458 seems to like 6th place a bit too much. :lol:

My Four door family car just cant seem to scare the supercars:guilty: Oh well I hope the testers are having fun:tup::dopey:

Keep up the good work! :D

can i participate as a driver?
psn:mrgrado

aah no scrap that, I might test some entries unofficially. Nobody entered an Enzo, I wonder how one would do? I'm trying to tune one, it's hard.

Last edited:
Well I've gotten 2 PM's as of now, deadlines are there for a reason, etc, etc, and I'll have to say no for the late submission, sorry Jack, if you leave it up I'll be more than happy to run it for comparison, it's just not fair to others to let late submissions in.

What about a tester posting his results an hour or two late?

the reason I posted late was because I was busy and didnt have time to go on the ps3. Its not like I got extra time tuning it. How is it unfair, do I gain an advantage? I know the deadlines are there but 4hours late, cmon it aint like its 2 weeks or something.

Thanks.

What about a tester posting his results an hour or two late?

the reason I posted late was because I was busy and didnt have time to go on the ps3. Its not like I got extra time tuning it. How is it unfair, do I gain an advantage? I know the deadlines are there but 4hours late, cmon it aint like its 2 weeks or something.

Thanks.
I see your point, but if 4 hours is ok, 5 has to be, if 5 is, 6 has to be, at some point a line must be drawn in every case, and yes, if a tester submits their times late, they won't count.
It's not to be a 🤬, but to keep the order and flow of the event going properly, something extended deadlines ruin.
Every tester that signed up should presumably be able to test all the cars, I have to assume that's why they signed up, most of us know how much work it is, hence the longer deadline.
I like your entry a lot, and would really like to see it included, but if it comes in, all future deadline respect goes down significantly.

I see your point, but if 4 hours is ok, 5 has to be, if 5 is, 6 has to be, at some point a line must be drawn in every case, and yes, if a tester submits their times late, they won't count.
It's not to be a 🤬, but to keep the order and flow of the event going properly, something extended deadlines ruin.
Every tester that signed up should presumably be able to test all the cars, I have to assume that's why they signed up, most of us know how much work it is, hence the longer deadline.
I like your entry a lot, and would really like to see it included, but if it comes in, all future deadline respect goes down significantly.

ok fair enough.

Let this be a lesson to everyone else!!

Back