600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Did you by chance click on "results" once you were on the original "results" page?

I just found it myself, I know madmyk has been doing a lot with it, my ineptitude wasn't helping the overall layout very well, so as long as he's ok with doing it that's good by me.
The average times won't show unless there's equal amounts of times for a car though, so we'll see more when a couple are finished with both tracks, I think me and Praiano are the only ones right now, with mine being posted only a half hour ago.
Uhm...where's the original results page?:dunce:

Never mind found your link in the 3rd post...can't manipulate the results sheets though.

Well I was going to try testing a few more cars but PD pulled the network for maintenance.:irked: So I'll try doing the intelligent thing and go to sleep.:D
Good luck everyone talk at you all later.

Uhm...where's the original results page?:dunce:

Never mind found your link in the 3rd post...can't manipulate the results sheets though.

Once opened, click in the top left of the google doc, where it says "results". 👍

hmmm...I hit the rev-limiter right after the line.

raVer
Same here, lifting part way can stop it, but I don't see less than a tenth lost there, traded for higher rpm the entire length of the 2.5 mile oval for the rest of the trip, plus higher revs heading down the straight on the road course.
I could be wrong to though.

My updated first runs, almost finished.

Should I put you in as a tester?
raVer's car will be back up shortly, I was testing it last night and lost internet during the test, didn't get it back till after I went to bed.

I think so please, I've only got 5 cars to mop up. I haven't been able to give them all a lot of track time. I've driven them enough to know that I've got them as fast as I can, without some serious red-eye lap banging. To be honest, I've struggled with these tracks, more the Oval than the Road Track. I thought I was doing alright there, until I saw this;
CyKosis1973 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10:
Road Course: 1:28.058 Speedway: 51.126

Seriously dude, WTF..?? WTF..?? I saw Praiano's time come in 0.5sec faster than me and thought that that was about as good as it was going to get. WTF?? A 1:28..!! You aren't human, that's the only answer. Glad you enjoyed the drive and all, but you're creeping me out a little now... :mischievous:

{Cy}

I think so please, I've only got 5 cars to mop up. I haven't been able to give them all a lot of track time. I've driven them enough to know that I've got them as fast as I can, without some serious red-eye lap banging. To be honest, I've struggled with these tracks, more the Oval than the Road Track. I thought I was doing alright there, until I saw this;

Seriously dude, WTF..?? WTF..?? I saw Praiano's time come in 0.5sec faster than me and thought that that was about as good as it was going to get. WTF?? A 1:28..!! You aren't human, that's the only answer. Glad you enjoyed the drive and all, but you're creeping me out a little now... :mischievous:

{Cy}
Updated second post. 👍
With any luck it should see the underside of a 1:28 too. :)

Updated second post. 👍
With any luck it should see the underside of a 1:28 too. :)

Thank you, I'll start to write up some of my results and findings soon. I'll link you up once I have.

And I have no doubt that you can find that .058 of a second. You fricking alien... :sly:

{Cy}

Bigberrys Results

Rankings are based on Oval and Road times combined, fastest to slowest. Underlined are fastest oval and road times.

1. CSLACR Audi R8 Oval- 49.593 Road- 1.28.100 Total= 2.17.693

2. Praiano ZZII Oval- 49.672 Road- 1.28.630 Total= 2.18.302

3. ACSR421 Ford GT Oval- 50.191 Road- 1.28.447 Total= 2.18.638

4. Dr Slump R35 GTR Oval- 50.781 Road- 1.27.860 Total= 2.18.641

5. Desperado Cien Concept Oval- 48.992 1.30.169 Total= 2.19.161

6. Digitalbaka Murcielago Oval- 50.267 Road- 1.29.351 Total= 2.19.618

7. C-Zeta Murcielago Oval- 50.894 Road- 1.29.168 Total= 2.20.062

8. Madmyk R35 GTR Oval- 51.161. Road- 1.29.036 Total= 2.20.197

9. Vitroj 458 Indy Oval- 50.447 Road- 1.29.846 Total= 2.20.293

10. Dylans1o Murcielago Oval- 50.230 Road- 1.30.074 Total= 2.20.304

11. Bigberry 430 Scud missile Oval- 49.982 Road- 1.30.548 Total= 2.20.530

12. JG R35 GTR Oval- 51.731 Road- 1.29.507 Total= 2.21.238

13. Cykosis SLS AMG Oval- 52.261 Road- 1.30.314 Total= 2.22.575

14. Mildrum Audi Nuvolari Oval- 51.875 Road- 1.30.720 Total= 2.22.595

15. Bravebear Mazda RX-7 Oval- 52.782 Road- 1.31.235 Total= 2.24.017

16. Akmuq SLR McLaren Oval- 53.390 Road- 1.31.810 Total= 2.25.200

17. Krenkme Chrysler 300C Oval- 52.588 Road- 1.33.173 Total= 2.25.761

18. Raver Aston Martin Vantage Oval- 53.183 Road- 1.34.908 Total= 2.28.106

Im not commenting on all the cars, I will say Dr Slumps R35 was the surprise package it was very enjoyable to drive and felt rapid on the road course resulting in the fastest time. Digitalbaka produced the most well balanced Murc props for that. Really like ACSRs Ford GT after initial testing I thought it would be top spot, if you need a Ford GT tune look no further.

Craziest car goes to (sorry harvey) RaVers Aston Martin Vantage. For all the wrong reasons really, it was heavy and had little grip add to that 950bhp.It was a struggle to get clean laps on the road course. Makes me wonder if this car was tested at all :D

If anyone wants feedback on their car just ask. Thanks its been a blast.

Last edited:
bigberry
Craziest car goes to (sorry harvey) RaVers Aston Martin Vantage.
Hey craziest car has to go to one of the Outlaws!:D
That is part of our trademark after all, tuning the oddball car to compete in events that their not expected to show up in.:crazy:
My props to raVer for daring to try something seriously different this time around.👍👍 It's definitely a surprise, was almost hoping raVer had decided to run a maxed out version of his M5 from the last shootout, but this definitely cool.:cool:👍👍

Last edited:
Results file update:

I will work with CSLACR to get the score sheet set up properly. I did a quick version before I went away last weekend. When it is ready, it will allow to sort by tuner or tester and to filter on your own name.

Results file update:

I will work with CSLACR to get the score sheet set up properly. I did a quick version before I went away last weekend. When it is ready, it will allow to sort by tuner or tester and to filter on your own name.
Great!👍👍

Harvey Wallbanger's entry for the World Rally Car Shootout!

Or the real reason why the WRC changed regulations and cancelled Group B

IMAG0027.jpg

:crazy::lol::cool::lol::crazy::lol: :bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Unfortunately your right...PD failed to include Harvey's car in GT5!:crazy::mad:
I mean with a car like that how could they not include it?:boggled::confused:
They were just afraid it would show up all their Skylines and the X2010. Yeah that's got to be why!:crazy::bowdown::gtpflag:

Tune an FF LSD apparently.
Guess we should be happy the FF shootout's over. :lol:

This morning i 've done a quick test with my R8 european shootout laguna that was undrivable online, because of a huge oversteer.
First test after patch 1.11 ,it seems more drivable, but i had no time before the job to confere really. I'll check this later, but the first impression is, something change just in the online physics yes. 💡

I think the Score Sheet is good to go. Check it out here. Only CSLACR and I can edit so keep posting your times in the thread as you normally do.

The key is to use the filters on the Tuner and Tester columns in the Score Sheet tab. You can sort by tuner or tester, and you can filter on your own name in either column.

On the Results tab at the bottom of the screen you can see how you are doing. It will be very incomplete for a while so do not make any assumptions about the results yet. You will only see an average time for both courses when the number of scores entered is the same for each course.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have fun driving them cars!

Full link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiqM93cLXbKGdHRPOU5oRGpqZzR2SDZmR2Izbkw4R3c&hl=en_US

Last edited:
I think the Score Sheet is good to go. Check it out here. Only CSLACR and I can edit so keep posting your times in the thread as you normally do.

The key is to use the filters on the Tuner and Tester columns in the Score Sheet tab. You can sort by tuner or tester, and you can filter on your own name in either column.

On the Results tab at the bottom of the screen you can see how you are doing. It will be very incomplete for a while so do not make any assumptions about the results yet. You will only see an average time for both courses when the number of scores entered is the same for each course.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have fun driving them cars!

Link is not working correctly.

Link is not working correctly.

Smarta$$ answer: The link is fine, but you can't adjust the LSD settings on the file since the last update. ;)

Actual answer: I'm not sure what is wrong. It works for me, but I already had access. I am using Firefox 6.0. I also have IE 6 and it opens there but gives this message: "Your browser does not support all features of Google Docs. If you are having problems, try Google Chrome."

I added the full link to my post in case that helps. Anyone else having issues?

Smarta$$ answer: The link is fine, but you can't adjust the LSD settings on the file since the last update. ;)

Actual answer: I'm not sure what is wrong. It works for me, but I already had access. I am using Firefox 6.0. I also have IE 6 and it opens there but gives this message: "Your browser does not support all features of Google Docs. If you are having problems, try Google Chrome."

I added the full link to my post in case that helps. Anyone else having issues?
I have Google Chrome, it lists everything fine, but when viewing nothing can be sorted properly.
I'd help if I could, but I don't know squat about these things.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KGdHRPOU5oRGpqZzR2SDZmR2Izbkw4R3c&output=html
I think this link is still working, but again, nothing can be sorted as far as I can tell.

This morning i 've done a quick test with my R8 european shootout laguna that was undrivable online, because of a huge oversteer.
First test after patch 1.11 ,it seems more drivable, but i had no time before the job to confere really. I'll check this later, but the first impression is, something change just in the online physics yes. 💡

Definitely something change after this new patch 1.11

For me ,they tried to bring back the online to the level of offline with more grip on the online physics for the cars have less oversteer . They have a little bit less , it's a fact now. But i think they put to much grip now .
Make the experience. take any car of the shootout indy ,go on the oval with the same configurations, you will be more than 1 second down your time.

For me ,offline time after a lot of laps to reach : 48"334.
ONLINE TIME NOW AFTER PATCH 1.11 : 47"065 after only 5 laps.

My Results so far...

Road Track Indy

127.798 dr_slump GT-R SpecV (Academy)
128.416 ACSR421 Ford GT No stripe '05
128.454 CSLACR R8 4.2 '07
128.852 madmyk GT-R SpecV (Academy)
129.425 DigitalBaka Murcielago SV '09
129.496 C-Zeta (V16T91) Murcielago SV '09
129.601 VTiRoj (RojjieE) 458 Italia '09
129.670 Praiano63 ZZII '00
129.844 chrystalbuds Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
129.887 Dylan Murcielago SV '09
129.993 GfxJG GT-R SpecV '09
130.205 Desperado67 Cien Concept '02
130.842 Milldrum Nuvolari quattro '03
130.951 BigBerry 430 Scuderia '07
131.081 CyKosis1973 SLS AMG '10
131.217 brave bear RX-7 '02
132.028 akmuq SLR McLaren '09
132.490 Krenkme 300C '05
134.607 -raVer- Vantage '99

Superspeedway Indy

49.815 Desperado67 Cien Concept '02
49.821 CSLACR R8 4.2 '07
50.162 Praiano63 ZZII '00
50.618 bigberry 430 Scuderia '07
50.643 DigitalBaka Murcielago SV '09
50.936 Dylan Murcielago SV '09
51.045 ACSR421 Ford GT No Stripe '05
51.159 C-Zeta Murcielago SV '09
51.287 madmyk GT-R SpecV (Academy)
51.484 dr_slump GT-R SpecV (Academy)
51.502 chrystalbuds Zonda C12S 7.3 '02
51.534 RoJJieE 458 Italia '09
52.048 GfxJG GT-R SpecV '09
52.268 Milldrum Nuvolari quattro '03
52.824 CyKosis1973 SLS AMG '10
52.883 Krenkme 300C '05
53.238 brave bear RX-7 '02
53.427 akmuq SLR McLaren '09
53.590 -raVer- Vantage '99

I'll make a few notes below, as I don't think I'll have time to make a full video this time around. The Road Track takes me quite a while to get a clean lap, so I'm already feeling like I'm not going to give each car enough time by the deadline. (And there's still the oval!!)

---
Session 1:

DigitalBaka's Murc run was a bit of a fluke - I got it on my second lap with my 1st lap ghost lagging far behind, then just couldn't beat it again. I felt that Dylan's car should have been just as competitive (both were a dream to drive) but just couldn't get that one wrinkle ironed out of my best lap.

GfxJG's GT-R, also an awesome car to drive. Couldn't quite keep the gas floored from the final exit on to the oval so it may have lost those fractions there. Definitely seeing a 4WD advantage here.

Milldrum's Nuvolari - I've never really liked this car much haha, so I was impressed with the time I got out of it. Drives very nice and not at all like I remembered.

BigBerry's Scuderia is the fastest non-4wd so far. Lovely car to drive, ended up running quite a few consistent laps with it, I just wish they were faster. This often seems to be the case with the Scuderia and me, I don't know why and it's too bad because the car appeals to me so much more than the 458.

CyKosis1973's SLS is my consolation prize for no one entering a Vette :dopey: The "European Corvette" handled very very nicely and easily beat my own tuned Z06, so there.

Krenkme's 300C - Whooooo! What a rush!! This car is packing way more power than it can handle, and it's incredibly fun. I was expecting a nightmare, but it really wasn't too bad, even if it sounded like it was going to explode at any minute. Surprisingly, had no trouble keeping it floored exiting on to the oval.

-raVer-'s Vantage - another driving challenge! Whoa, I think I fell off the track a record number of times with this. A great test of skill and I failed, haha. I'm guessing it was tuned to clean up on the oval so I'll see how it compares there.

---
Session 2:

Praiano63's ZZII - I remember trying this car for the first time months ago for a few offline races. My first thoughts were hey what a deal, WOW this thing is fast, and OMG the understeer! Whether real or imagined, when I tried out Praiano's car, understeer just didn't seem much of a problem. It wasn't until I was shaving off those final fractions that I started to notice it hampering my efforts on the hairpins a bit, but no more so than any of the other 4WDs. Still an awesome ride, great time for me, great fun.

chrystalbuds Zonda - Ok. Zondas and I have a problem, we just don't like each other that much. I'm a DS3 user and it's a rocket ship pretending to be a car. So sure enough, I slid and slipped and spun my way around the track, restarting several times until I finally survived all the way around. And then I looked at the clock and was like whaaaaat?? So I hacked away at it a few 10ths and 100ths more until I had what was then my 3rd best time(!) This car is fast!! Too bad I suck!!

akmuq's SLR McLaren - After driving a couple of kinda-cars-but-not-really-cars, it was great to drive some straightforward German muscle. Very comfortable, sounds great and out of all the cars so far, handled those hairpins the most gracefully. One of my favourite rides, but alas, I think the car itself is a bit slow and I couldn't leverage the awesome cornering enough to pull off a good time.

madmyk's GT-R Academy - Whoa, whoa, whoa hold the presses! a 1:28?? I thought I'd end up locked in the 129's and out of nowhere comes this incredible GT-R!! To be honest I did not find this the most enjoyable car to take through all the hairpins... but the time speaks for itself.

---
Session 3:

Desperado's Cien Concept kicked off today's session and I was wondering if I shouldn't have chosen something a little easier, but it snapped me into concentration mode pretty quickly. Holy smokes this car is FAST! Fastest one yet I think, getting over 200mph on the straight! Tricky to drive, but finally put together an okay lap with it. Cool car and best paint job :)

brave bear's RX-7 - brave bear is brave, I didn't even know this car could hit 600pp! Tough to manage the understeer at times and maybe a bit too much power for this car(?) but not too bad to handle. A good lap time considering what it is, and could have been faster but I just couldn't drive it cleanly enough.

ACSR421's Ford GT - WHERE has this car been all my life?? My jaw dropped when i got a 1:29.2 with my first blind run. Next run I disqualified by slamming into the wall at the end, but still beat my previous best with the GT-R. Then got a clean lap and beat that time. And after a few more tries beat it again, and again after that. Not as easy to handle as a GT-R or the Murc but soo damn fast!

CSLACR's R8 4.2 - So very close to the GT :) But had I beaten it I would have gone back and improved the GT again because I kinda left it with a lot of errors, where as the R8 was such an easy drive. This time came after methodically cutting off smaller and smaller fractions of a second until I couldn't find any more to cut. In a race I'd pick this R8 over the GT.

---
Session 4:

VTiRoj's Italia was a great way to kick off my final Road Course session, this car is a lot of fun. Very quick, and a very quick time for me with a RWD car. Took a bit of work to get used to the car (like all other RWD cars on this track) but once I did, the laps started cleaning up nicely. Would be a great car to really spend some time with to learn the track, alas there are others to be run yet.

C-Zeta's Murcielago turned out to be an evenly matched competitor for the Italia. Very similar times to the other Murcs as well. And the bull beats the horse just by a hair. The Lambos overall should probably have scored a bit higher from me, I just find them too easy to slide on corners; a bit "wobbly" and hard to predict when you've actually slowed enough to take a corner. Still, a damn fast car.

Finally, dr_slump's GT-R - Well. What can I say about this one? :) I did not expect to get my best time on the last car at all, but by about the 3rd lap I knew I would have my first 1:27, and it was pretty exciting. All I really needed was that one clean lap. But I got a little overexcited and messed up stupidly a bunch of times haha. Eventually though I relaxed, took a deep breath, and ran that clean lap. WHY is this car so fast? I don't know, it just was. Great work, Doctor :)

Last edited:
Definitely something change after this new patch 1.11

For me ,they tried to bring back the online to the level of offline with more grip on the online physics for the cars have less oversteer . They have a little bit less , it's a fact now. But i think they put to much grip now .
Make the experience. take any car of the shootout indy ,go on the oval with the same configurations, you will be more than 1 second down your time.

For me ,offline time after a lot of laps to reach : 48"334.
ONLINE TIME NOW AFTER PATCH 1.11 : 47"065 after only 5 laps.
That's a pretty big difference.
I think it all has to do with simpler coding needed for online play, I assume the offline physics are GT5's "true" physics, and online is a simpler code due to bandwidth reasons, that they're trying to get as close as possible to the offline physics.

Back