Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
I used this tune on the race car version of the same car, and it seemed to work just fine, although u cant lower it quite as much.
Thanks

HONDA NSX-R PROTOTYPE LM ROAD CAR // 618 PP // ONLINE OK

grandvalleyspeedwaypv.jpg
grandvalleyspeedway1.jpg

No chassis reinforcement

Tuned to the max
669 CH
1230 KG
618 PP

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 4.062 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 360 km/h =224 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3.634
2: 2.634
3: 1.991
4: 1.562
5: 1.268
6: 1.063

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 340 km/h = 211 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

Downforce: 35/60

LSD Rear 10/18/12

Ride Height -12/-17
Spring Rate 15.7/17.3
Extension 9/8
Compression 9/9
Anti-roll bars 1/3

Camber 2.0/1.6
Toe -0.08/+0.14

Brake Balance 7/4

tires R3/R3

ENJOY.

Indeed praiano, this is a super wagon. Just love passing people on the Nurb', and letting the children (in the back :)) stick there tougues out as I pass :lol:

Using it online at this very moment & as usual your tune is top notch, thank you.

Do you take requests praiano? It's for a car you've already done but at a lower pp & no areo.

I would like to offer you a car for free in return for your troubles (from my garage), if you accept.

Cheers.

Hello, yes this car is very fast and blow away a lot of cars of same PP and some higher PP too. For the moment i don't play GT , i have a bad flu and i can't drive, fever and too tired.
Request, not for the moment, i have to upgrade my tunes, a new one only in special case for a special car. It depend of the feeling i'll have with,no rules.
"in return for your troubles (from my garage)" ???? I don't remember any troubles ....?? What troubles ???

Hi Praiano,

First off, I just want to say how impressed I've been with your tunes. I've used your tunes for all the Group C/LMP cars I currently have in my garage and I've been blown away at how much better the cars have performed. :)

I do have wish-list for a couple of cars to tune:

Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Audi R10 TDI

If you need to borrow either of these cars to do a tune, please PM me and i'll be more than happy to loan them to you.

Keep up the great work...you've really helped increase my enjoyment of these top-line race cars!

Best,

Cale

Thank you, enjoy the tunes. For new tunes "Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Audi R10 TDI" seems good projects, but not immediately. I don't have them and i tune online only so i need to buy them first.

I used this tune on the race car version of the same car, and it seemed to work just fine, although u cant lower it quite as much.
Thanks

Yes, the two cars are very similar , same aerodownforce..., but the road version is more heavy, a little difference of weight repartition and differents springs too.
Try this sring rate for the HONDA NSX-R PROTOTYPE LM RACE CAR.
Springs 14.8 / 16.6 ... must be better balanced and better front grip.
Tell me later please.

Hello, yes this car is very fast and blow away a lot of cars of same PP and some higher PP too. For the moment i don't play GT , i have a bad flu and i can't drive, fever and too tired.
Request, not for the moment, i have to upgrade my tunes, a new one only in special case for a special car. It depend of the feeling i'll have with,no rules.
"in return for your troubles (from my garage)" ???? I don't remember any troubles ....?? What troubles ???

Okay, so no requests, point taken :(

'For your troubles'... it's just a figure of speech mate, I didn't mean it literally. I was just a offering a gift if you did a tune for me that's all. It appears you took this the wrong way, I hope not!

Cheers.

Okay, so no requests, point taken :(

'For your troubles'... it's just a figure of speech mate, I didn't mean it literally. I was just a offering a gift if you did a tune for me that's all. It appears you took this the wrong way, I hope not!

Cheers.

Sorry ,i did not understand , it's just my english that don't allow me to catch " figure of speech" :)👍 . Everything ok. For the request, i have a list of more than 15 cars till now. I'll do some, but i have to choose and insert one in the upgrades of my olders tunes. Tell me the car you want to request.
Have a good day.

Yes, the two cars are very similar , same aerodownforce..., but the road version is more heavy, a little difference of weight repartition and differents springs too.
Try this sring rate for the HONDA NSX-R PROTOTYPE LM RACE CAR.
Springs 14.8 / 16.6 ... must be better balanced and better front grip.
Tell me later please.

it seems to have too much oversteer compared to how your other cars handle, almost like a drift car. This is with ride height -12/-15 (15 is max).

it seems to have too much oversteer compared to how your other cars handle, almost like a drift car. This is with ride height -12/-15 (15 is max).

Ok, i need to make a tune later for this car too. If oversteer is the problem you can try ride height -10/-10 reducing to -15/-10 untill you reach the god balance for you.
Thanks for the feedback. i'll do a tune next week.
Have a good day.

Hey - you're E-Type 61 Jag is incredible - I'm driving it on sports softs, and the back end just slides out so nicely around corners, and of course - the praiano transmission works very well. Nice job

hey praiano, i pm'd you a list of cars that i was looking to get tunes for. if you need any of these cars, i will gladly send them to you, no problem. thanks praiano and have a great day.

Hey - you're E-Type 61 Jag is incredible - I'm driving it on sports softs, and the back end just slides out so nicely around corners, and of course - the praiano transmission works very well. Nice job

Thanks. Yes ,it's a very fun car, i love to drive it on the Nurburgring, gears are the same like always, simple to set and it work good.
Enjoy it.

hey praiano, i pm'd you a list of cars that i was looking to get tunes for. if you need any of these cars, i will gladly send them to you, no problem. thanks praiano and have a great day.

Hi , yes i recieve your list and your suggestions are together with a lot of others. +- 15 cars. I'll not do everything, only the ones i'll test and approve for the next step will be tuned.
My criterions will be any of those 3:
1- Car fun to drive
2- Car that will stay after tune in a top 10 with others cars of same pp range
3- A problematic car that represent a real challenge to let the car drivable or fun or good... Never know what can happen, like Yellow bird, lancia stratos, shelby....

Have a good night.

New update for this tune, no aerofoil, ideal configuration for 600PP. Now one of the best in this range.

AUDI R8 5,2 FSI QUATTRO '09 // 600 PP // ONLINE OK

This is a new tune 600PP no aerodownforce for this car. It's 6'20" on Nurburgring, one of the best 600pp car in the game. Easy to drive any conditions.

nrburgringnordschleifem.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1bo.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife2x.jpg

Parts needed for the tune: CAR NOT BROKEN 75KM
Weight reduction 3
NO NO NO Chassis reinforcment
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Engine stage 3
ECU
Power limiter 99%
Racing air filter
Titanium racing exhaust

Fully customizableTransmission
Fully customizable suspension kit.

Characteristics:
power: 690 hp
weight: 1313 kg
perf. Points: 600 pp

Transmission

Gear box:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3.462
3- Select top speed at 400 km/h = 249 mph
1: 3.289
2: 2.337
3: 1.746
4: 1.356
5: 1.090
6: 0.906
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 376 km/h = 234 mph

LSD Front 10/35/105
LSD Rear 08/30/08

diferential 30/70

Suspensions settings:

Ride Height -20/-15

Spring Rate 12.0/13.6
Extension 9/8
Compression 8/8
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 2.0/2.2
Toe 0.00/+0.14

Brake Balance 7/3

Tires: RACING TIRES

Enjoy.

This is only good for extremely quick tuning and a lot less involvement of tuning the transmission gear setup. I have better transmissions than what you have posted here as I use actual numbers, not just "graduations". Anyone want a transmission setup like a sport bike let me know.

avgtuner
This is only good for extremely quick tuning and a lot less involvement of tuning the transmission gear setup. I have better transmissions than what you have posted here as I use actual numbers, not just "graduations". Anyone want a transmission setup like a sport bike let me know.

Where do I find your tunes? Are they on display somewhere?

What are you talking about????

avgtuner
I have better transmissions than what you have posted here as I use actual numbers, not just "graduations". Anyone want a transmission setup like a sport bike let me know.

Step 1- Move the final gear to the right all the way
Step 2- Move the top speed to the left all the way
Step 3- Move 1st gear to the left all the way
Step 4- Move the last gear to the right all the way
Step 5- Send me a message letting me know what your first and last gear are after you complete steps 3 and 4.
!!!WARNING!!!- After you set your trans to the gears that i give you, you can't use your top speed auto adjuster as this will reset your custom gears. Only move your final gear for the desired speed needed for a track that your racing on.

Like this?

Alright hotshot, lets see you give me something better than my NASCAR trans that does 222mph. down the backstretch at Daytona in an online solo run. Impress me if you will

Ok ,now i 've seen your post on my visitor message about the Nissan R390 race car.
On this car the 2 first gears are more long to avoid wheel spin ,that's all.
I've never say that my way to tune gearboxes is the best. It's just much more better than stock and easy to set for anybody to do without any problem. Not a lazy way but easy way. Don't mix the things.
This is how you proceed. It really let the gears just a little bit more close, it's ok , but the diff of acceleration is not visible on any ghost replay, i tested this several times and did not see any.

Step 1- Move the final gear to the right all the way
Step 2- Move the top speed to the left all the way
Step 3- Move 1st gear to the left all the way
Step 4- Move the last gear to the right all the way
Step 5- Send me a message letting me know what your first and last gear are after you complete steps 3 and 4.
!!!WARNING!!!- After you set your trans to the gears that i give you, you can't use your top speed auto adjuster as this will reset your custom gears. Only move your final gear for the desired speed needed for a track that your racing on.

This is the exact difference between your methos and my method.
Just to show it exactly for a given max speed (uper right) 394 kmh in this case.

unleduhr.jpg

For yours others questions about traction control and ABS, i do not specify it because all my tunes are without any aids ,only ABS 1.

Your gear setting method is very good, just take care with low power cars with 5 gears only, it push the 1st gear to high, and you'll have to make it shorter a lot.

Have a good night.

Like this?

He is just using what is known as the tranny trick from GT5P. All it does is give you super close gearing which promotes wheel spin in most cases. He is nothing special nor did he invent this as he is trying to incinuate. Many threads about this way of setting up your trans. Old news.

AUDI R8 5,2 FSI QUATTRO '09 // 600 PP // ONLINE OK

This is a new tune 600PP no aerodownforce for this car. It's 6'20" on Nurburgring, one of the best 600pp car in the game. Easy to drive any conditions.

nrburgringnordschleifem.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1bo.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife2x.jpg

Parts needed for the tune: CAR NOT BROKEN 75KM
Weight reduction 3
NO NO NO Chassis reinforcment
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Engine stage 3
ECU
Power limiter 99%
Racing air filter
Titanium racing exhaust

Fully customizableTransmission
Fully customizable suspension kit.

Characteristics:
power: 690 hp
weight: 1313 kg
perf. Points: 600 pp

Transmission

Gear box:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3.462
3- Select top speed at 400 km/h = 249 mph
1: 3.289
2: 2.337
3: 1.746
4: 1.356
5: 1.090
6: 0.906
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 376 km/h = 234 mph

LSD Front 10/35/105
LSD Rear 08/30/08

diferential 30/70

Suspensions settings:

Ride Height -20/-15

Spring Rate 12.0/13.6
Extension 9/8
Compression 8/8
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 2.0/2.2
Toe 0.00/+0.14

Brake Balance 7/3

Tires: RACING TIRES

Enjoy.

What is that value meant to be?? I tried 10 and 15 but I'm not sure what it is.

There is a way to make the car go faster with gearing, but avg's method isn't it. ;)

Ok mighty god of speed, please tell. Just messing with you, lol. Anyway, not sure what the magic formula is as I've tried just about everything under the sun.

He is just using what is known as the tranny trick from GT5P. All it does is give you super close gearing which promotes wheel spin in most cases. He is nothing special nor did he invent this as he is trying to incinuate. Many threads about this way of setting up your trans. Old news.

I don't know who "invent it" but there is a lot of methods, all with very close results. I think a gear box like this can make the difference in drag racing for example ,each car is a special case . But this is not my objective. I want to make a better car with easy settings , for anybody on any track. If i tune for a shootout ,on a special track for a special car, in this case yes i'll choose the better gears individually tuned, for each curve, for a special max speed...... etc-etc.
Anyway, not important who have patented this gears, Da Vinci, AVG, ..... anybody else. This is a very good gearbox for a car that use turbo 3 for exemple, where all the power is concentrated in a short range of RPM. This gearbox will extract better all this power in this case.

That's all, i think a lot of specials threads talked allready about this. Just look at them who is interested to go further in this way.

Have a good day everybody and good drive.

There is a way to make the car go faster with gearing, but avg's method isn't it. ;)

Thanks for the PM :) , have a good day madame Lovata ....:bowdown:;)

What is that value meant to be?? I tried 10 and 15 but I'm not sure what it is.

Sorry, it's corrected now. The value is 05

For who is interested in gears ratios and individual gears max speed, my excel file is on this google doc, open, able to be downloaded.
There is just 2 parameters that we don't know exactly in GT5 and that we have to deduct the value, RPM for the max speed (generally the same as max power), and perimeter of the wheel.
The 2 value are in red and the input have to be done till you reach the max speed in last gear indicated upper right on the setting panel of your car in GT5.

Download it, play a few with the numbers, don't mess the formula colun, and you will have all the details that don't appear on GT5 graphic, for all the gears.

Not a big thing, just a little good tool to have for who like to know this.

Enjoy it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjYj7nEWY7zVdEFBZ3dWakk2UkExdlZEQUdzN3NpVnc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Tne updated, check if it's better for you like this, me too i did not feel very good with it, now it's more round... enjoy and tell me.

NISSAN R390 GT1 RACE CAR ‘98 // ONLINE OK

nrburgringnordschleife8a.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife8c.jpg

Transmission how to process: “OK”
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3.429
3- Select top speed at 420 km/h = 261 mph
1: 2.833
2: 1.996
3: 1.481
4: 1.145
5: 0.915
6: 0.757

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 394 km/h = 244,8 mph

Tracks: All around

power 890 hp
weight 1000 kg
perf. Points: 704 pp

Downforce 50/70

LSD Rear 08/18/10

Ride Height -25/ -20

Spring Rate 16.5/16.8
Extension 9/7
Compression 8/8
Anti-roll bars 1/2

Camber 2.2/2.0
Toe -0.04/+0.16

Brake Balance 7/4

tires R3/R3 – R2/R2 – R1/R1

Enjoy.

Just want to point this out to everyone, this guy just took time out to help me with something and he helped me out greatly. This guy seeems to really know his stuff. Just want to give credit where credit is due. Thanks again bro. You were truely a big help.

Just want to point this out to everyone, this guy just took time out to help me with something and he helped me out greatly. This guy seeems to really know his stuff. Just want to give credit where credit is due. Thanks again bro. You were truely a big help.

It's ok. Nobody is saying that it's not a good method. It's only one of the very efficient way to tune most of the gearboxes of 70% of the cars in GT5.
The only thing is that it's not very easy to set for a beginner or someone who want to drive and don't mind or don't have the time for settings procedure like this one. I see this everyday in my PM boxes and i know what i'm talking about. Lot of people around here that just want to drive, i understand this.
Better than giving credit or not ,for something that have been invented since more than a century, it will be better thinking about a way to let it easiest to do, with a more pedagogic visual method. Valid for any car ,any tune...... anybody.
My little pictures showing gears like "graduations" that seems not enough for mister AVGtuner ,have the advantage to be clear and are not only "graduations" they also represent ratios numbers on the screen. Don't need to be mister Einstein to do this, that's the good point.
I will do this , i will present a method to tune a gearbox easy way using this method too. But, i will not say that it's MY method or somebody method...... No way, it's a game and all this have been invented a long time ago.
Have a good night everybody.

Here is a mixed method for the gears settings, similar to some others methods also used by severals tuners around here.
Here is the "HOW TO DO THIS" just follow the pics and do exactly the same.

This sample gearbox is from the Mercedes SLS AMG.

The result is an extremely close gearbox that stay always in high RPM to explore the max power where it is.It work good with powerfull car.

The very long 1st gear sometime is not adapted for low power cars with too much grip (racing tires) and/ or 5 or less gearboxes . In this case the car will lose to much RPM because the torque is not enough and it will not make a good grid start .
To correct this, when you are at step 4 , you have to set a higher top speed. Starting from the minimum (full left)
Try again every time, increasing few by few, till your perform a good start with a good traction.

1-RESET TO DEFAULT

sany0038yv.jpg

2-CONFIRM RESET TO DEFAULT

sany0040s.jpg

3-SET FINAL GEAR MAXIMUM VALUE TO THE RIGHT

sany0044.jpg

4-SET TOP SPEED MINIMUM VALUE TO THE LEFT.

sany0048k.jpg

5-SPREAD THE GEARS THE WAY IT'S SHOWED ON THE WHITE PICTURE

sany0054n.jpg

ON THIS WHITE PICTURE, DEPENDING OF YOUR GEARBOX, IN THIS CASE A 7 GEARS GEARBOX.

gearssettings2.jpg

6-DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING MORE BY NOW. YOUR GEAR BOX IS OK INSIDE. IMAGINE THAT IT IS CLOSED.

NOW, TO REGULATE YOUR MAX SPEED (ABOVE ON THE RIGHT) YOU'LL SET THE FINAL GEAR TO THE VALUE YOU NEED TO REACH THE MAX SPEED ADAPTED TO THE TRACK YOU'LL DRIVE. IN THIS CASE, FINAL GEAR = 3.170 TO REACH A MAX SPEED OF 370 KMH.

sany0056b.jpg

DONE. HOPE THIS WILL HELP SOME PEOPLE .

ENJOY !

Last edited:
praiano, i was talking about CSLACR. he's the one that helped me, not AVGTUNER. just wanted to make sure you knew who i was giving credit to. like i said, AVGTUNER is just using an old and debatable method. i actually like your way, much more simpler with better results.

Back