I make pretty pictures - HSV + Other Edits, BRZ Preview [9/29]

• Thread starter akuyuku
  • 187 comments
Alright, alright. I know I said I'd update this last weekend and that fell through. But I can guarantee a HUUUUUUUUUUGE update coming this weekend. I promise! For now, here's a promotional poster I made to Spec 2.0 as a preview.

First up is the Nurb GTR that came with the update. If you've seen the previews, then you've seen most of these pics already. Whoops! :P

Coupled with some avatar shots...

And now... THE RESURRECTION.

Just a quick update and a few shots for the next set. I'm planning to enter the 2.0 competition with a Stratos, but I really suck at taking pics of standards.

(LOOK BELOW!)

Also, I'm extremely disappointed that they took away the bloom in 2.01. BRING IT BAAAACK!

Oh and one more thing, can anyone tell me why my some of my photos have TERRIBLE compression? The second Stratos shot had it pretty bad when I opened it up.

Last edited:
Glad you like 'em because I have more. These are all potential entries for the 2.0 comp.

And some others...

I might rework some of the Stratos shots.

Last edited:
Moving on to another set preview now...

[look below for the set]

And two re-edits of Stratos shots that I think are competition worthy.

I'm considering those two and the fifth shot in the Stratos set. Tell me what you guys think. :)

Last edited:
Wow - nice stuff here. Love the tones and composition. The partials of the GTR and F1 are my favorites. Great work. You asked about the compression in one of your posts above - I was having a bit of a problem with it in Gimp, particularly when using layers. What editing program(s) are you using?

Amazing. 👍

The red tones are fantastic. Great composition in the 2nd one as well.

Soo so pretty. 👍

Wow - nice stuff here. Love the tones and composition. The partials of the GTR and F1 are my favorites. Great work. You asked about the compression in one of your posts above - I was having a bit of a problem with it in Gimp, particularly when using layers. What editing program(s) are you using?

Thanks guys! As for the compression, I'm using Photoshop CS (yep, just plain 'ol CS). When I transfer them over to USB and open them up on my computer, some pics are already kind of pixel-y. No editing at all. :/

I don't know what to tell you about Photoshop CS. Perhaps try saving in a different format, such as RAW or TIFF. I'm assuming you've saved them in JPEG. Or, see if CS will allow you to change the degree of compression. When saving JPEG files in GIMP, you can set the percentage of compression, which is denoted as "picture quality" by GIMP. Or perhaps CS has a default setting you can change.

Actually I've been saving my edited photos in PNG. Like I said, the picture's already compressed even before I open it up in Photoshop, and then when I open it, it says something like "The file looks damaged. Proceed with opening?". I'm aware that GT5 exports as JPG files, but the compression shouldn't be this bad.

Oh and flickr uploads my stuff in jpg, but at a smaller resolution.

I'm planning to update this post tomorrow, so stay tuned for the full set!

I tried a more hard-edged, high contrast look for some of them.

And non-RM'd cars.

Last edited:
Greetings... again. :P

Here's a miscellaneous batch that I'm planning to update sometime later this week. I tried to use less layers and some of the default camera angles for most of these.

[check the next page]

Last edited:
Back