Staff Emeritus
United States
California
GTP_WRP001
New3D3logoFullsize-2.png
Presents...
Team Gamesta Pre-Challenge Prep Events

Background

3D3 Racing is promoting and organizing an event called GTP Inter-League SuperGT GT500 Challenge that will take place on December 3, 2011. Several of 3D3's own are representing Team Gamesta (GTP_WRP001, GTP_Hydro, DragonGT83, killa_kandy) in this event:

Team #1: Gamesta's Super GT GT500 Season 3 (Gamesta)
Captain: GTP_Hydro
Car: Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R 08
Drivers:
  1. us.gif
    DragonGT83
  2. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001
  3. uk.gif
    killa_kandy
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro

Request for Assistance

Hydro and I would like to ask for volunteers from the 3D3 Registry to help us prepare for the event via practice sessions and preparatory races. And we promise you'll have plenty of fun along the way yourself!

Driver Eligibility

Participation to these preparatory events are limited to drivers on the 3D3 Racing Registry plus drivers in Gamesta's Super GT GT500 Season 3.

Notes:
  1. Any driver in the GTP_Registry is free to join the 3D3 Registry and thus be eligible.
  2. Drivers on the 3D3 Registry are invited to participate even if they will compete for another team (e.g. CSL, Biffy, etc. -- although don't help them too much :sly:).

Specifics

We were hoping to set up at least one pre-race (or ideally two) in time slots that would be friendly to EU and NA drivers. The races would be run just like normal 3D3 events with all focus on the car (GT500 GT-R) and track (Spa) being used for the event. See the event thread for exact car and lobby specs.

Anyone who couldn't attend a prep race, but would be willing to help us out with tuning tips, line adjustments, corner approaches, pit strategy or any other advice would also be welcome to chime in. I know the general WRS community is always very helpful so figured I'd throw it out there.

Registration

If you are interested in participating in some fashion please chime in on this thread. We'll come up with times and further details shortly, once we gather some interest.

Event List

TBD

Last edited:
I might scout you guys out, I'll give you a straight answer when the date is decided ;)

I might scout you guys out, I'll give you a straight answer when the date is decided ;)

And learn how to better defend against our "dirty" tactics. :lol: You are welcome as always Mr Biffy! I hope you get to rep one of the teams. Any inside info on what drivers WSGTC may send to the challenge?

I would gladly help you guys with anything if I could help out. I guess it's better to have people with mics though. Put me on the waiting list if you have one.:dopey:

I would gladly help you guys with anything if I could help out. I guess it's better to have people with mics though. Put me on the waiting list if you have one.:dopey:

Don't worry about mics, it's always more about racing than chatting :)
When we ran this event in Gamesta's GT500 series, we couldn't have had more fun, so it would be amazing to re-visit with our 3D3 driver lineup. 👍

Second what Wes said. :)
Depending on time and day of the event.

As pointed out It'll be awesome if everyone could have mics so it can be easier to advise....

As pointed out It'll be awesome if everyone could have mics so it can be easier to advise....

Nice yes, but not required by any means.

We are not necessarily asking for turn by turn tutorials live during the session. People could just race with us, try to win like always and enjoy the race and then afterwards point out a few things they learned or observed on the thread or via PM after the race. They could discover a tuning tweak that improved a corner exit and give us a simple tip. Basically what happens all the time for a normal WRS combo, but some things are unique to online racing. E.g. You discover a slightly slower but more tire friendly approach to a corner that would pay dividends over a 45 minute race.

We're going to have to practice anyway, so the point here is to extend the invite to make the practice more fun #1 and if we learn more in the process from some of the great drivers in 3D3/WRS #2, that's a great extra bonus. 👍

And learn how to better defend against our "dirty" tactics. :lol: You are welcome as always Mr Biffy! I hope you get to rep one of the teams. Any inside info on what drivers WSGTC may send to the challenge?

It's strictly under wraps atm, but you can bet on there being a few aliens coming to the party :sly:

It's strictly under wraps atm, but you can bet on there being a few aliens coming to the party :sly:

:scared:... not like I wasn't already. :lol: :cheers: I have no illusions about being alien-speed (or even close) so I'll just enjoy the view from my cockpit.

BUT... don't get me wrong... "I'm playing to win the game":

:scared:... not like I wasn't already. :lol: :cheers: I have no illusions about being alien-speed (or even close) so I'll just enjoy the view from my cockpit.

BUT... don't get me wrong... "I'm playing to win the game":

You forgot the most inspirational pep talk in Football history:

:lol:

I hope my wife doesn't call in the middle of me trying to plan this beast of an event. :sly:

If the timing works out for me, I'd like to drop in, to give you some practice avoiding dirty drivers. ;)

I'm interested in helping out time permitting. I'll keep an eye out for times.

Any of you who want to help out we'll come up with some time slots soon and update the OP and we'll also just post a message here at ad hoc times when we are holding an impromptu practice in one of our lounges.

In the meantime you could have one of your Bobs break in one of these cars:

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R, Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R, Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R, Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
Bhp: 518
Weight: 1130 kg (Recommended Ballast Position: 0)
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 100%
Allowed mods: Ridgity Improvement

Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430, Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
Bhp: 513
PP: 609 (With Full Aero)
PL: 95,2%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Ridgity Improvement​

FYI... our team will be using the Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R. If you want a "starter" tune Hydro and I can share ours via PM, but we're not giving that information away to the competition so we're not posting here. :sly:

No... man I'm so busy... plus we are having a hard time thinking of when we can run this with our given schedule.

For now if you have time and want to practice just put a message here and hopefully people will come and join. We'll have to schedule at least two 20 lap races @ spa so we can get a simulated race under our belts before the big show.

Anyone out there have times that will/won't work for them that they'd like to run. EU or NA times fine. Really only need about 4-5 drivers on track to get something out of it.

I'm working on a shared GTP_3D3Racing PSN account that everyone can use as a go between lounge. I.e. if you want to practice go ahead and join that lounge after you add GTP_3D3Racing to your friends list. I think the first person to join will have to have the DLC for it to work with Spa.

I'd like to schedule a practice tomorrow Sunday November 27th in my lounge (following our weekly Gamesta race). That should be about 18:00 GMT / 1:00 PM Eastern / 10:00 AM Pacific.

This is not a 3D3 event so we'll hold this in my lounge: GTP_WRP001.

We'll be running GT500 cars on Spa and the lounge will be set up as follows:

Cars will be restricted to Super GT500 Class, 518 bhp and 1130 kg.
Tires restricted to Racing Medium (R2s)
All aids off except TCS, Driving Line and ABS

Here are the official car choices for the event. All the drivers running in the challenge next Saturday for our team will use the YellowHat GT-R.

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R, Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R, Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R, Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
Bhp: 518
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 100%
Allowed mods: Ridgity Improvement

Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430, Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
Bhp: 513
PP: 609 (With Full Aero)
PL: 95,2%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Ridgity Improvement​

If you have a stock, fully broken in GT-R listed above you should be fine, but you'll have to add 30kg ballast to make the requirements. If you want to take part and don't have a car let me know ASAP and I can gift you a Calsonic or Yellowhat (your choice) fully broken in with a setup already installed. But I can only gift one in the next couple hours and then one tonight after the PSN clock resets to a new day. First come first serve.

We'll treat the practice like all other open 3D3 practices with a mix of free run sessions and short test races.

Reply to this thread if you can make it and let me know if you need a car.

I did a very quick practice session at spa tonight. I let my b-spec drivers get the car broken in and this is the first time I've run the track since our race at spa a few weeks ago. My best lap with completely full fuel is 2'13.916.

I'm sure with some practice I will find another 0.5 out there pretty easily given I haven't run with these specs before and I feel a little rusty with the track. I'm going to need serious work and/or a better tune to see a 2'12 on full fuel.

If all four of us can get into the low 2'13s or high 2'12s for quali pace and mid to high 2'13 for race pace I think we have an excellent shot at advancing to the final. I'm sure we'll be off the pace of the PURE drivers so not even concerned about winning.

I've had two sessions:
The first session didnt go as well as I'd hoped, Although I managed a high 13.xxx
I later realised I forgot to add 30kg..:dunce:

Second session:
This session went really well, having add the ballast and BHP I went faster by 4 tenths on relatively high fuel...

We really need to practice, Otherwise im gonna feel rusty going into the main event...

I'm assuming based on his message in the gamesta thread that kk is running at least mid 2'13s on full fuel which is my first objective.

EDIT: I ran a short 10 lap test race which resulted in a best lap of 2'13.660 on lap 2. Problem is my tune is very tough on the front tires at these specs. By the end of 10 laps I was running in the mid 2'17s with the car plowing everywhere which isn't good. Tire wear will obviously be even worse with the draft and traffic. The rear tire wear wasn't bad so just have to even that out a bit to get more consistent times.

Last edited:
Anyone up for spa practice tomorrow night (tues) starting at 8:00-8:30 pacific? Will put in a couple hours focusing on consistency over 10 lap runs.

I'm in my lounge and will be practicing on Spa for the next couple hours.

I did a very quick practice session at spa tonight. I let my b-spec drivers get the car broken in and this is the first time I've run the track since our race at spa a few weeks ago. My best lap with completely full fuel is 2'13.916.

I'm sure with some practice I will find another 0.5 out there pretty easily given I haven't run with these specs before and I feel a little rusty with the track. I'm going to need serious work and/or a better tune to see a 2'12 on full fuel.

If all four of us can get into the low 2'13s or high 2'12s for quali pace and mid to high 2'13 for race pace I think we have an excellent shot at advancing to the final. I'm sure we'll be off the pace of the PURE drivers so not even concerned about winning.

I'm assuming based on his message in the gamesta thread that kk is running at least mid 2'13s on full fuel which is my first objective.

EDIT: I ran a short 10 lap test race which resulted in a best lap of 2'13.660 on lap 2. Problem is my tune is very tough on the front tires at these specs. By the end of 10 laps I was running in the mid 2'17s with the car plowing everywhere which isn't good. Tire wear will obviously be even worse with the draft and traffic. The rear tire wear wasn't bad so just have to even that out a bit to get more consistent times.

2:13.9 is a really good time..
TRP_NOSS ran a 2:12.9 the other day.. BUT, with serious slipstream, and a perfect overtake prior the first righthander after the long straight..

If you guys run mid 13's in the race.. You'll win the entire thing, no doubt.

2:13.9 is a really good time..
TRP_NOSS ran a 2:12.9 the other day.. BUT, with serious slipstream, and a perfect overtake prior the first righthander after the long straight..

If you guys run mid 13's in the race.. You'll win the entire thing, no doubt.

Well, we'll see about that.

Tonight I ran a 2'13.171 by myself in free run mode. But that was on lap 3 with fresh tires (and full fuel). By the end of the 10 lap stint the laps were slowing down to the high 2'16s. I haven't done any runs on lower fuel so hopefully the 2nd stint there isn't so much tire wear.

EDIT: I'm out of my lounge now. Going to run some 3D3 practice with Lucas on Cape Ring.

EDIT: CSL just informed me that NOSS ran a 2:12.9 with hard tires... we're running slower with mediums. :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone up for practice thurs night or even a 20 lap simulated race? I can't be on until about 8 pm pacific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back