GTP_WRS Videos (OP=Summary)

• Thread starter Animera
  • 460 comments
FYI. The YOUTUBEHD tags aren't recognized on the iPhone app. Any reason you use those instead of the normal tag with ?hd=1 param? Your the first one I notice that uses them and I started doing it, but can't see on my phone now.

Ok, I'll just use the ?hd=1 param then.
I started using them 'cause I saw one could use the youtubehd tags under helpdesk - messageformating.
But I'll just stick with the ?hd=1 :)👍

Edit:

Thanks Kristof 👍
Making the vid was no more work than the others. It was just the video editing program had a lot of work rendering it all together ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Kristof 👍
Making the vid was no more work than the others. It was just video editing program had a lot of work rendering it all together ;)

The NTSC vids I sent you didn't cause the slow-down, did they? I wouldn't think so, but............

Seems like a long time to render, what was it, 9+ mins, even after adding all the banners?

Now, uploading, I can definitely see that, even with the Verizon High-speed time I have.

Also, meshing certain graphic patterns together have a tendency to slow render time.

Anyway, glad I could help. :)

The NTSC vids I sent you didn't cause the slow-down, did they? I wouldn't think so, but............
Seems like a long time to render, what was it, 9+ mins, even after adding all the banners?
Now, uploading, I can definitely see that, even with the Verizon High-speed time I have.
Also, meshing certain graphic patterns together have a tendency to slow render time.
Anyway, glad I could help. :)
Oh yeah,
Sorry I didn't mention you.
A big thanks to Dan (DDiamond) for the upload of the D4 podium
and to Tim (WRP) for the other NTSC replays I needed
👍👍👍👍👍

Oh yeah,
Sorry I didn't mention you.
A big thanks to Dan (DDiamond) for the upload of the D4 podium
and to Tim (WRP) for the other NTSC replays I needed
👍👍👍👍👍

Wasn't looking for thanks. Just wondered about the rendering. Glad to see Tim helping out.....just wish I had more time. GL.

I think the rendering took so long because I had a lot of textfiles added and so on.

Small typo in Rutter's time (2'08 instead of 2'09), but who cares, that's an epic watch, Speedy/Dan! 👍

Speedy any chance on getting a week 36 in the FGT at Highspeed reverse podium replay video? Pekka/Mad Max won and I cant watch his PAL replay.

It was an epic battle for the overall that quite a few guys who never have a shot at it took part in. Seems Speedy Video worthy to me.:)

Speedy any chance on getting a week 36 in the FGT at Highspeed reverse podium replay video? Pekka/Mad Max won and I cant watch his PAL replay.

It was an epic battle for the overall that quite a few guys who never have a shot at it took part in. Seems Speedy Video worthy to me.:)

Seconded, I'd really want to see this.

Seconded, I'd really want to see this.

You guys do realize how time consuming putting together those videos are right? It's a great service that Speedy (and Dan) have provided over all these week, but I'm sure there are weeks he would rather spend his limited time behind the wheel trying to beat you in the WRS rather than behind Sony Vegas... Just sayin'.

Thanks again Speedy and Dan for all the time and effort you put into these. As I've said before I can help support with NTSC captures when you need them and Dan can't devote the time to it, but I can't/won't commit to doing it every week... my wife and kids also have demands of my time as I'm sure yours do.

I am glad to see people are eager to see the videos 👍 but as Tim just mentioned, alas they do take some time to put together.
The mix of NTSC and PAL region replays doesn't make it any easier either.
I contacted Dan a few days ago if he could upload the replays of jack, Hydro and Tim but he hasn't got to reading the PM yet as he's not been online here for a few days (which of course is his full right).
I know Tim also can help me get a hold on the NTSC replays (haven't asked him yet :P) but as he mentioned and as we all are I think in lack of time sometimes.

Week 36: Dan Wheldon Tribute Race

Many thanks to Dan to upload the NTSC replays. 👍👍👍
Sorry for the DP :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So much smoke... almost looks like the engines have blown up.

Pekka has such odd looking lines thru some of the turns, I'd have never thought you could go so fast without going near some of the apexes, pretty amazing stuff though.

Great videos as always. Pretty impressive that you still churn these out.

So much smoke... almost looks like the engines have blown up.

Pekka has such odd looking lines thru some of the turns, I'd have never thought you could go so fast without going near some of the apexes, pretty amazing stuff though.

Great videos as always. Pretty impressive that you still churn these out.

This!
I couldn't work out that T2 line, I was hugging the apex and wondering how are people getting 12.4xx (Yanaran and Pekka) and 12.5xx (Usual Suspect and Jack) while I was stuck in 12.6xx/12.7xx.
Even on my best lap my T2 was 12.6xx, so I was ultra pleased with podium. :D

I couldn't work out that T2 line, I was hugging the apex and wondering how are people getting 12.4xx (Yanaran and Pekka) and 12.5xx (Usual Suspect and Jack) while I was stuck in 12.6xx/12.7xx.
Even on my best lap my T2 was 12.6xx, so I was ultra pleased with podium. :D

The case was about the amount of grip available.
It's like driving higher on oval , you carry more speed while travelling longer distance.
The FGT had so much grip , that it would have pulled on the rumble with too tight line on the esses (sector2)
Staying away from the rumble was crucial for maintaining momentum coming out of the esses.

Then the last turn of sector 3/the rumble has exactly same effect as the long rumble just before T1.
"Riding the rumble" - causes loss of grip , slip that causes the engine rpm raise faster.
And this slip is on-off-on-off continuously and it created more acceleration.
I felt that the rumble causes similar effect as driving a 4WD on the edge of track half on grass , half on tarmac.

MadMax

But, what's this I see...

Is your wheel broke?

Yes , the wheel fried from inside last tuesday at 3D3/Roman Holiday practice.
The wheel started to get worse after that Focus / Toscana Rally , thought.

Yes , the wheel fried from inside last tuesday at 3D3/Roman Holiday practice.
The wheel started to get worse after that Focus / Toscana Rally , thought.

:ouch::ouch::ouch:
What a damper :grumpy:
Looks like you're forced into a new investment...

Sorry for the delay guys.

Week 39: Roman Holiday

Working on week 40 as we speak
Thanks to Tim for the NTSC replays

Last edited:
Your dedication to these is beyond amazing, Christophe. :cheers: Always fun to watch. And I'm not just saying that due to me being in both, either. :sly:

Sorry for the delay guys.

Week 39: Roman Holiday

Working on week 40 as we speak
Thanks to Tim for the NTSC replays

Great video as always Speedy:tup:

Still a bit sore from losing out on my first overall win in the WRS in the last corner, should of beaten Tidgney really :ouch:

Running through career on GTP account at the moment so may be a while before i'm competing again even though i'm flying through career very quickly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great vid Speedy:tup:

Been trying for a while now in the chat room to get Wes into a drift team (not that he's interested :sly: ) as there are always people in there asking to join drift teams or asking for tunes, I always like to put his name forward and his last corner is proof he can drift :lol:

I can now direct people to this video and show them just what a good drifter he is :D

Looked close throughout the divisions, exciting stuff :)

Back