Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fyi, 99% chance I won't be able to make the Div1 Race tomorrow. I almost certainly won't be at home in time to make the start but we'll see. Better to give a heads up than not :)

5. Here the host can verify that everyone is off-track. Then send messages telling the order of the cars. "p1 outlaw"; "p2 turbo"; "p3 brosif" etc... (feel free to write down times and order if you're awesome)
Just wanted to point out that I like being on the pole in your example. :lol: 👍

Sorry Jason, I am going to pull out of tomorrow's race.

I am re-thinking the time I spend on GT5. I really enjoy the racing when everyone runs respectful races.. but I have just been on the bad end of some suspect driving lately. The GT500 race I had today was ugly. Getting punted, shortcutted, damaged, and even shortcutted to damage.

I am sure I will re-find my enthusiasm before the final, but I need to take this week off for my own sanity.

Sorry to back out on this week. I hope you understand.

Sorry Jason, I am going to pull out of tomorrow's race.

I am re-thinking the time I spend on GT5. I really enjoy the racing when everyone runs respectful races.. but I have just been on the bad end of some suspect driving lately. The GT500 race I had today was ugly. Getting punted, shortcutted, damaged, and even shortcutted to damage.

I am sure I will re-find my enthusiasm before the final, but I need to take this week off for my own sanity.

Sorry to back out on this week. I hope you understand.
Kick back drink a beer smoke a doobie, do what you need to do. :lol:
But seriously though, we all get these moments.:yuck:

Speaking of, I'm not sure I'll have a good enough connection to race, I guess we'll see when the time comes, I may back out after a qualifying test.:grumpy:

CSL's iffy connection today is getting me worried for tomorrow. It's a sign :(. Im gonna be racing and praying at the same time

CSL's iffy connection today is getting me worried for tomorrow. It's a sign :(. Im gonna be racing and praying at the same time
It might just be my upload speed collapse, hopefully at the worst it's fixed on Monday with my speed upgrade.

Just fyi, 99% chance I won't be able to make the Div1 Race tomorrow. I almost certainly won't be at home in time to make the start but we'll see. Better to give a heads up than not :)
Maybe it will have to wait until next season, but we should think about open divisions, were you can race as many times as you want and just take your best score. With this group we would probably always have a grid of 16, and probably not as many DNS. Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow, should be a challenging race.

Maybe it will have to wait until next season, but we should think about open divisions, were you can race as many times as you want and just take your best score.

Points only count for one race? Not really a fan of that method.

So when is the wildcard race going to be?
I was thinking sometimes Saturday evening seems to suit a lot of people, just a thought.

If I can't race tomorrow Green only need take 5th or 6th I believe and I'm doing the wildcard thing. :scared:
Doc would only need 4th or 5th I believe.

I was going to PM everyone tomorrow night after all the races to ask them what times would suit them best for both the wildcard race and the championship race. The wildcard race will not require much time on the racers part.

Here's the race info for tomorrow. Everything should be correct, assuming Dr_Watson can host Division 3. I sent him a PM, waiting response.

race_info_madrid.png

I was going to PM everyone tomorrow night after all the races to ask them what times would suit them best for both the wildcard race and the championship race. The wildcard race will not require much time on the racers part.

It could potentially be ran shortly before the Championship race on Sunday too...
Will it be live qualifying or in order of points?

Just a note. We had a few issues in Watson's room today. Specifically, the incident that I encountered at Nurburgring (entering bizarro world during the race) reared its ugly head to me and a few other drivers. I also had that happen yesterday. I'm not sure if it was just an isolated incident or something larger looming but I just wanted to throw that out there.

So when is the wildcard race going to be?
I was thinking sometimes Saturday evening seems to suit a lot of people, just a thought.

If I can't race tomorrow Green only need take 5th or 6th I believe and I'm doing the wildcard thing. :scared:
Doc would only need 4th or 5th I believe.

I would need 4th + a bouns point :sly: lol, 3rd just to make sure :dopey:. I hope you can make it but I would rather fight you for it, but would still be hard to get that spot if your not there.

Just a note. We had a few issues in Watson's room today. Specifically, the incident that I encountered at Nurburgring (entering bizarro world during the race) reared its ugly head to me and a few other drivers. I also had that happen yesterday. I'm not sure if it was just an isolated incident or something larger looming but I just wanted to throw that out there.
I think we're just at the point where we have to roll with the punches when it comes to connectivity.
Every capable host we have has good rooms and bad rooms, and we usually can't tell until the race is over which one we'll get, it is what it is imo.

I'm expecting to race in the wildcard race, due to my issues, just hoping my net's fixed at least for that, which it should be. (knocks on wood)

I would need 4th + a bouns point :sly: lol, 3rd just to make sure :dopey:. I hope you can make it but I would rather fight you for it, but would still be hard to get that spot if your not there.
No, because you're dropped round will change or mine will... let me check.

Edit: I have 89 guaranteed.
You have to finish 4th to tie me.

Might need that tiebreaker Turbo, imo should be decided before the race tonight.

Dr Watson needs 2nd and a bonus point to tie, a win or second with 2 bonus points would put him over me also.

It could potentially be ran shortly before the Championship race on Sunday too...
Will it be live qualifying or in order of points?

Order of points.

I just updated the OP with the new qualifying procedure.

Order of points.

I just updated the OP with the new qualifying procedure.

Was a tiebreaker ever decided that I missed? Chances aren't very slim to get a tie here for all things considered.

I think it goes by whos had the best finishes and you've got a 3rd, 4th,6th and 7th place finish and I have 2x5th,6th,8th (4th for tie). So because you have a 3rd place you would go through . Thats why I said I would need a bouns point

I'm sure I asked turbo a few weeks back ..... I may be wrong

Working on it.... ;)
NP, I just don't want to see bickering if it's decided after it happens is all.

I see high potential for both D2, and D3 if I don't make the race, so I'm almost expecting it because you've been saying "nah". :P

Edit: Driver with highest finishing position?
Let me check who that is - :P I think it needs to be a one-man decision now tbh.

I wouldn't feel right suggesting anything while being an involved party.

Would anyone here be interested in a racing series that is a 100% replica to real life racing? We're talking full damage, separate day qualifying, self griding, caution flags w/safety car, etc?

I really want to compete in such a series but there are none. :lol:

Would anyone here be interested in a racing series that is a 100% replica to real life racing? We're talking full damage, separate day qualifying, self griding, caution flags w/safety car, etc?

I really want to compete in such a series but there are none. :lol:
A live Marshal in to call cautions, give on-the-spot penalties and drive the Saftey car? Sound awesome, I've been thinking along the lines of such a thing

We could potentially have people take turns being the Marshal Safety car driver.

I know I'd want to race, but I'd also like to be the marshal in such an event also.

Hell it could be FMSC Season 4.
I would like something where pitting is not mandatory, but the race distance is calculated so it's very difficult to do a 1 stop. A true "choice" for fastest way to the checkered flag.

1. After warm-up reset the track
2. Run 15 min of quli
3. After the total time has hit min 15 the host sends out a message saying "Checkered flag is out, finish your lap and quit to the pits".
4. Host then backs out to the lobby and goes to 'watch race' and then the timing screen
5. Here the host can verify that everyone is off-track. Then send messages telling the order of the cars. "p1 outlaw"; "p2 turbo"; "p3 brosif" etc... (feel free to write down times and order if you're awesome)
6. Host then backs out of the 'watch race' and re-enters the track.
7. Hit start race.

If your order is wrong, SAY SOMETHING!

The host can then reset the track and we grid up in the established order for a restart.
This seems to me like only adding another 2-5min of work and delay to 100% ensure that the start of the race cannot be messed up by bugs, the internet, or d/c issues.

So this is the new procedure?

When the host tells everyone their order, do they drive out of the pits and form a line in that order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back