Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't have been the race information because I had it in my head that it was 2 quite a while a go. Might have been in the OP somewhere... but maybe I just read it wrong. Strange how a few other people thought there were 2 mandatory aswell though.

I may have thought about making it 2 mandatory much earlier, but race info graphic supersedes all. ;)

Edit: I see a Brosif!

I may have thought about making it 2 mandatory much earlier, but race info graphic supersedes all. ;)

Yep.. found the post here

As you said, you were considering it. Here is what the post said -
I was going to practice my pit-entry tonight so I don't really need PSN for that. :)

Edit: Thinking about requiring x2 pit stops for the Laguna race. 👍

A bit late here in my reply guys. I'll keep it bulletized: :)
Nice write-up. 👍

I still lack your sheer pace and will likely never be at Adam's level but at least I'm always lurking around. Couldn't say that last season. :)
Yes, grip did change slightly in the race but Laguna is famous for that in GT5. It didn't change drastically to the point that would make me angry. :lol:
It felt like the grip wasn't there because I was more uncomfortable with the car than in practice...or maybe it was in my head.
I think you guys give me more credit here than necessary. I don't think I'm saving tires better than most on the track, I just think for some reason the way the car feels with worn tires suits my driving style better. I tend to struggle on cold tires, am okay when they are at their "peak", then tend to really start moving when they get on the worn side.
That's not what the tire wear indicator says. :P

I'm almost certain it's the way you steer the car. Based on the G-Bar and steering input, yours is always so nice and smooth while most others tend to be choppy. I might be able to get that way if I set the feedback on the wheel all the way to 10 but that requires upgrading my equipment. That, and I might have to cut off the power steering as well.

He is smooth like butter. :lol: I have gotten used to my settings so Im not changing them or else it could get bad.

I think I'm on 5 or 6 feedback, no power steering assist.

Would like tougher feedback, but I'm with outlaw and need to upgrade my stand as well.

FFB 7, Power steering on.
10 is to stiff, I don't turn far enough, and can't make the quick corrections needed to recover from slides, less FFB and I start flinging the wheel about.

Tire wear is more of a mental thing. I could shred tires as quick as anyone, but it's a different manner of racing altogether. TBH it's holding Nepalli back, imagine that. :scared:
I think it's all you need to run with Adam in season 4. Patience.

As for what I perceived as skill gains - Outlaw, Minion, Spyhunter, GreenNarcotics, and DrWatson all gained a very noticeable amount of speed through this season. You have all done very well in terms of improvements from what I saw of you guys pre-season and/or race 1. Pretty sure Turbo too. ;)
Towards the beginning of the season it was easier keeping up with you, that's for certain. :lol:

Last edited:
I have the in-game FFB as low as it goes with power assist off.
Then I run 80% on the wheel. Lets the wheel drive the forces which makes them much nicer, with just enough weight to make it feel like my road car.
I used to run it at 100 but it was trying to break my wrists when I had to catch slides. :lol:

Thanks.

Hate to see you go, it's nice to have drivers of your caliber around here. Hopefully you can swing by for a race or two next season. 👍

Very Welcome Jason, driving with a GT Academy finalist like yourself is pretty awesome. :) I'll make it on when I can next year. :)

Nepal
Shame you didn't have time to practice more. I'm sure you would have been at the top making the race more interesting. Yes, grip did change slightly in the race but Laguna is famous for that in GT5. It didn't change drastically to the point that would make me angry.

I wasn't expecting a victory anyways, specially with Aderrrm there. I just wanted to have a race without any offs and finish in the podium. I thought I had 2nd wrapped up but RT sneaked up on me with his "save tires driving" . Podium on the finale and 2nd overall is great. Maybe, just maybe, on Season 4 I'll take the victory.

Yeah, thanks Nep, it's all good. Would have been fun to mix it up at the front with you and R1600 and try to hang on to Adam :). I'm going to time attack it for some 32's in the next week or two. :) Great job and good podium. Like I mentioned, you have been making incremental improvements in your driving and it shows. Super talented.

CSL
You did excellent for having about 15 laps only of practice.
I don't know who had 20 (Nepalli? ) hours or otherwise, but if it's any consolation, with my internet being out half the week and not being sure I'd even race the finale, I only ran about 2 hours of practice. Of course 2 hours still < 15 laps.

The pit glitch was posted up by outlaw on Saturday I think, unfortunate you missed that, it seems you have to be very careful to not touch any lines entering the pits. I assume he's correct because I've always done so and never encountered the glitch yet.
If not for that you may well have been riding with outlaw in a continued 3 way battle for fourth.

Thanks CSL, I appreciate it. Well done, you are another force to be reckoned with out there! Yeah, I read about the pit stop thing, oh well, just another one of those things.

Adam
Forcednduckshn
that some have been practicing here for months

Really? Jesus lol. I know I had a few short races at Laguna in practice in pre-season, but nothing up until mid-week last week. Probs spent just over an hour practicing, but never managed to do a 32 did I! But yeah I think the draft (dirty air) at Laguna is crazy and you definitely need to have had a little experience before hand.

Forcednduckshn
Adam, I still want to get together for a practice session with you. Expect a PM soon.

Sure thinggg. Hopefully next season, if you decide to race, we can race together more than we did this season. I'm already looking forward to it. .

Haha, definitely. And thanks I look forward to getting in some practice time with you.

Outlaw
Forcednduckshn
A bit late here in my reply guys. I'll keep it bulletized:

Nice write-up.

I still lack your sheer pace and will likely never be at Adam's level but at least I'm always lurking around. Couldn't say that last season. .

Thanks Outlaw. You without question have made the biggest jump in pace relative to all of us. Knowing how to improve and analyze is just as important as raw speed. The raw speed comes with practice over time, and you're right there!

Now that this thread has fallen by the way side, I'd like to take the time to thank those that have stuck with FMSC and raced nearly every weekend.

The FMSC4 interest thread is linked in my signature, and the full FMSC4 thread should be up sometime in January. We may not get started until after MULE's RX-7 series, so it might not be until mid-February until we actually roll on to the grid for the first time. But that's OK, plenty of time to get things situated and practice our grid procedure so that everyone knows what to do at the first race. :)

I'll let this thread linger for another couple days, then we'll shut her down.

Thanks again. :D

Good times had by all. Time to put the old thread down.

328377-vlcsnap_00234_super.jpg

(My first post here had a picture of a boat so it's only proper for the last one to have one) :lol:

Now that this thread has fallen by the way side, I'd like to take the time to thank those that have stuck with FMSC and raced nearly every weekend.

The FMSC4 interest thread is linked in my signature, and the full FMSC4 thread should be up sometime in January. We may not get started until after MULE's RX-7 series, so it might not be until mid-February until we actually roll on to the grid for the first time. But that's OK, plenty of time to get things situated and practice our grid procedure so that everyone knows what to do at the first race. :)

I'll let this thread linger for another couple days, then we'll shut her down.

Thanks again. :D

Thanks for running such an awesome series. I'm new to these online series (I wasted way too much time worrying about A-Spec and trophies), but most other series I've looked into aren't even in the same league when it comes to the presentation, the organization, quality of drivers, and just plain fun. I can't wait for FMSC4!!!!! 👍👍👍

I unlocked it the other day to grab some coding from it, since it wouldn't let me click he edit button with it locked.

Sooo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back