Get your pics in my garage! Car: none

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 336 comments
shmogt
Hello Everyone. At the moment I take all my own pics for my race and drift garages, but sometimes it takes a while to get cars to look good. Having to go to different courses, do a few laps, watch the replays, test out different style shots, filters, etc all over the track time really adds up. However there are so many great photographers here maybe some of you could let me use your photos!

Website!
For a more detailed look at my garage with sections for race, drift, drag, rally, and track please visit www.team-shmo.com

Like me on facebook!
If you like my tunes, or photos please like me Team Shmo on facebook!

How it will work
I will post a car name and you can take some photos and post them here. I will post the car before I start to make a tune for it to give some time to submit. I will than choose a few to use in my garage. I prefer if you submit at least two to give me some choice. You can also submit old photos of the car if you already have some. Must be exact model tho.

Sometimes mini competitions will be held where I will post a pic of a car that I like and you will have to try to recreate the photo. Trying to be as close to it as gt5 will allow. Paint, rims, spoiler etc.

Rules:
  • You can edit or leave it unedited. Doesn't matter to me since I have to edit them a little afterwards to make it all match my current picture style. Try not to take direct car only shots, I like to see good composition.
  • 100% open as to what you want to do, doesn't have to be super fancy and edited like I said. Creativity is more important than how clear and fancy it looks. You can check my garages to see my style on pics if you need ideas. I will list you as the photographer and put a link to your gallery if you have one.
  • Please leave a message in here if you are even remotely thinking about submitting one so I know if I'll have to take my own pics or not.
  • First come first serve. If I make the tune faster before you submitted than there is a 99% chance I won't use your pics since obviously I am using someone else. Time limit is going to be 24-48hrs. Sometimes more time, but usually I'm fairly quick about making tunes once I have an idea. Only if the car is crossed off is it done, if not you can still submit no matter how many people already submitted that car.
  • NO vertical shots. Although they can look awesome I just can't use them for my banner and they do not fit the rest of my garage photos

Very Important:

If you post any pics, they need to be large size or at least link to somewhere that has a bigger size for editing purposes. Sometimes I may like your shot, but I need to have the freedom to be able to zoom in without the quality looking awful.

Tips:
  • In GT5 shooting in mode 3 and 16:9 works best. The pictures will be larger than I need which works perfect for me. However do what you want as long as it's big.
  • I am looking for pics that are interesting shots more than anything else
  • I will be using one shot for the main picture and 9/10 times another shot for the banner. Sometimes it's better to be a little zoomed out than you need to be so I can than zoom in to make it fit in the skinny banner box.
  • Truthfully all I do is drive the car around a track I think is good. Than I set it to mode 3 and 16:9. The camera settings I use are f/1.0 and shutter speed of 1/60. Guaranteed to look pretty good, but obviously it depends on how creative your shot was.
  • Remember to press Square on the part of the car that is closest to you to make sure it is the most in focus
  • If you want to learn how to take better pictures in GT5 here is a super excellent guide

Finally, Thank you to anyone who participates in this as it really helps me out.

Copyright: By submitting you are agreeing I can edit and use your pictures on all Team Shmo locations

Last edited:
Cars I still need are listed. Any cars crossed off have been done and are no longer needed:

First car is Mazda6 touring car. It's a standard car that has yellow and blue paint.
Honda S2000 LM race car
Ferrari California 2008
Lotus Elise 111R RM 2004
Calsonic GTR 2008
Scion xB 2003
Toyota 86 GT 2012
Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95
Shelby Cobra
Mini Country man preferably on a dirt track
Nissan GT-R black edition '12
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70
LFA
RX-7 TC

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 (the premium one)
Tommykaira ZZII '00
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Honda NSX Type R '02

Nissan Fairlady Z 280z L2seater (s130)
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
NISSAN C-WEST RAZO SILVIA '01
Buick Special
BMW 2002 turbo '73
Mazda FURAI CONCEPT
Jaguar XFR '10
Lancia delta
Amuse Carbon
Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex
BMW M Coupe '98
Audi RS4 '01
Jaguar S-TYPE R '02
Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Chrysler Prowler
Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon WRX STI Version VI '99
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04
Audi RS 6 '02
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
RUF Yellowbird
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI '07
Lexus ENEOS SC430 '08 (premium, any one)
Toyota Supra
xanavi nismo z 06
any NASCAR
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08
Honda mobile 1 NSX' 01
mercedes benz c 63 amg 08
Dodge Challenger '70 R/T RM
Honda civic type R ek rm '97
Audi RS 6 Avant '08
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 TC
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70
Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
amuse s2000 gt1
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
Plymouth Superbird
HKS Genki Hyper Silvia R2
Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG (R230) '04

Chaparral 2J Race Car '70[/s]

Last edited:
I guess I could try to help you. I'll post here if I have some time to shoot some of the car in question. 👍

Thanks guys. No guarantee I will use your pics since I only need one main and one for the banner so don't be offended if I don't choose yours. However you are guaranteed to get an awesome new tune to the car lol.

some old ones for you
NrburgringNordschleife-3.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_1-3.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_2-2.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_3-2.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_4-2.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_5-2.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_6.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_7.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_8.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok I tried both of your pics out, but ended up going with asriel. They just worked better to fit in my banner and didn't look to strange when I sharpened them.

New car up and total redo to the first post

Ok I tried both of your pics out, but ended up going with asriel. They just worked better to fit in my banner and didn't look to strange when I sharpened them.

New car up and total redo to the first post

cool i thought Giulietta73's shot were better than mine lol:)

cool i thought Giulietta73's shot were better than mine lol:)

Thanks man:cheers:

@shmogt
I did use a noise filter to generate noise - this makes it look more like its from a printed source like a magazine rather than the raw shiny surface straight from the gt5 camera. That would make it more difficult to sharpen. I'll leave that effect out next time. What about other effects (vignettes etc)? Or would you prefer totally unedited pics?
Merry xmas:)

Giulietta73
Thanks man:cheers:

@shmogt
I did use a noise filter to generate noise - this makes it look more like its from a printed source like a magazine rather than the raw shiny surface straight from the gt5 camera. That would make it more difficult to sharpen. I'll leave that effect out next time. What about other effects (vignettes etc)? Or would you prefer totally unedited pics?
Merry xmas:)
That's the fun of this thread it's not the best pics that get chosen its what works the best. The noise for next time don't add since everything sharpened weird. I blurred it than re sharpened but since the car was standard it looked too smooth after. My banner was the main deciding vote tho. I had a few pics from you that slightly worked but when I zoomed in the car was too over stretched. That's my fault for not listing large files size. Thats really important the first post now has a list of what I need.

For me when I take photos I take the shot thinking in my head that it's going to be edited. So if it looks a tiny bit dark, it's cool because I can brighten it after etc. any effects that you want to try is fine, but main thing is all the pics must be the same style and most important is it fits the car. So if it's a old car and you want to give it a old time feel cool. New modern car like LFA you wouldn't do that etc.

You can leave it unedited since like I said I'm going to slightly do it anyway, but it's up to you. I'm going to sharpen it so I probably wouldn't do any of that if anything.

Shidapu
Here you go..

Thanks I already made the tune for this too

Merry Christmas everyone thanks for your help so far.

OK thanks shidapu I used your pics

I have added a couple of new cars that I need to post two

Last edited:
some more oldies
ToscanaTarmac_2-11.jpg

London-1.jpg

London_1-1.jpg

London_2-1.jpg
[/IMG]

thank you and omg that paint looks so sweet. One thing is could you post a link to larger sizes from now on. It's tough to work with low/medium quality.

Do you still need shots of the Cali?

Yes I do. What I do is after a few days I will test out all the shots and which ever ones work best is what I use. So it's not really which shots look the best here it's what works the best for me. If it's not crossed off on post 2 I still need it.

thank you and omg that paint looks so sweet. One thing is could you post a link to larger sizes from now on. It's tough to work with low/medium quality.

Yes I do. What I do is after a few days I will test out all the shots and which ever ones work best is what I use. So it's not really which shots look the best here it's what works the best for me. If it's not crossed off on post 2 I still need it.

no problem i'll find bigger ones for ya when i get back home just been posting old links:)

I need them all until you see it crossed off the list. That pic is also so amazing I'm thinking about just photoshoping it into looking like the Rm version.
Thanks, I would love to see your photoshop of it if you go ahead with it, If you do it please pm me link to it.

can't find the originals:grumpy:

damn.

Thanks, I would love to see your photoshop of it if you go ahead with it, If you do it please pm me link to it.

I always say who's pics I choose. I'm looking at the green Lotus Rm above it and from the side it's pretty much just the number that's different. The little side panel thing is a bit different too, but mainly color

Edit: the California is done do not enter more pics for it. Asriel you got chosen again by default for entering the only pic lol

Last edited:
Edit: the California is done do not enter more pics for it. Asriel you got chosen again by default for entering the only pic lol

Nooo! I just did a photoshoot and am uploading it to my album right now!

damn.

I always say who's pics I choose. I'm looking at the green Lotus Rm above it and from the side it's pretty much just the number that's different. The little side panel thing is a bit different too, but mainly color

yay
sorry about the full size issue

Nooo! I just did a photoshoot and am uploading it to my album right now!

lol well it's been available to upload for more than enough time however you can still upload them as I still have a drift garage which I may make a California tune for soon or another race tune since the one I did so far is for one track only not a general setup like I usually do.

Also I used you pics lancia delta hf for one of the lotus'. Still looking for more for the other tune I made.

Last edited:
lancia delta hf
this is all i got, i'll try to take some of the rm tommoro is i can

I love that second shot more than life, but you are making this quite difficult on me as I will have to edit it to the rm version again lol

I love that second shot more than life, but you are making this quite difficult on me as I will have to edit it to the rm version again lol

ok after work i'll get the lotus out and shoot some more for you

Back