GTP_WRS Videos (OP=Summary)

• Thread starter Animera
  • 460 comments
Wow, so close for the podium spots. Another great video Christophe mate 👍 Many thanks for continuing with these. :cheers:

How come you're not using chase cam now?

I was planning on doing them in cockpitview but I forgot to ask Tim (WRP001).
He already supplied me with the NTSC replays in bumperview.
I could do the next one in chasecam again if you like it more.
First I need to wait for Tim to return from his vacation. :sly:

I was planning on doing them in cockpitview but I forgot to ask Tim (WRP001).
He already supplied me with the NTSC replays in bumperview.
I could do the next one in chasecam again if you like it more.
First I need to wait for Tim to return from his vacation. :sly:

I'll be back at home next week. FYI, I'm not on vacation, but working remotely. :sly: My actual holiday vacation is next week, but no snow means I may be home and might be able to capture the videos. We'll see, I'm still hoping for a last minute snow storm in the mountains, but running 3D3 races isn't a bad backup plan.

My first attempt with the i-kam glasses. I was looking downwards a lot it seems. I was just messing around with these to see what the quality looks like. They are meant for for filming outdoor activities like hunting, fishing and hiking. We will do a lot of hiking next summer so my Mom thought they would be a great gift. There are 2 laps on the video and they were slow compared to my top 10 times I turned. Could be an interesting perspective to film from time to time.

Last edited:
My first attempt with the i-kam glasses. I was looking downwards a lot it seems. I was just messing around with these to see what the quality looks like. They are meant for for filming outdoor activities like hunting, fishing and hiking. We will do a lot of hiking next summer so my Mom thought they would be a great gift. There are 2 laps on the video and they were slow compared to my top 10 times I turned. Could be an interesting perspective to film from time to time.

Scott, you'll have to get some fancy driving gloves if your hands are going to be starring in all these videos. :sly:

How do you like the T500RS?

I don't really plan to use them with GT5 too often, just a fun experiment. It was interesting to see that I turned my head into the corners a lot more than I realized though.

I really like the T500. It's quality in every way imaginable. The FFB is great and I really like the pedals a lot. Definitely a good pickup.

Great video as always. 👍

There is a mistake in the new video. Your own time is wrong. It looks like your Spa lap time found its way into the new video.

Thanks Viper. 👍
I finished this one very late yesterday.
Solved it with an annotation.

Just noticed that thread :D
Good job on the videos, its nice to see top 3 laps in each divisions in same time, well done speedy! :)

Great to see you are still pumping out the vids, Christophe! 👍

Also, great as well that you have some help.

I still haven't re-connected all my electronics after the remodeling. Maybe I will, IF my schedule slows down, and be able to help out some. :indiff:

Great to see you are still pumping out the vids, Christophe! 👍

Also, great as well that you have some help.

Thanks

The best help I got was from Marc (Hydro).
We exchanged copies of GT5. :sly: He has access to PAL replays now and I have to NTSC ones. ;)
Still, I appreciate all the help I got in the past from you and Tim. 👍

Thanks

The best help I got was from Marc (Hydro).
We exchanged copies of GT5. :sly: He has access to PAL replays now and I have to NTSC ones. ;)
Still, I appreciate all the help I got in the past from you and Tim. 👍

👍 Great work Speedy. Lately the time I have for replays and video highlights is just gone. I miss it actually, but with all the other stuff going on I just can't find the time. Glad you are keeping this up, it's a good service to the WRS community. Also a good reference if we ever come back to this track.

It would be equally sweet to have an archive of best laps replays from the online events -- believe me I'm not asking you to do it -- was just thinking if we ever revisit the events in the future how useful it would be to view an old replay of a well execute lap to observe the proper technique. Well at least we have this for offline which is usually pretty darn close as far as technique is concerned.

I just wish my capture device worked with HDMI and 1080p. I have to switch it over to 720p and it's a hassle -- otherwise it would be much quicker work for me to pull out a video. I tried driving in 720p and it's just not the same for me and my setup.

I just wish my capture device worked with HDMI and 1080p. I have to switch it over to 720p and it's a hassle -- otherwise it would be much quicker work for me to pull out a video. I tried driving in 720p and it's just not the same for me and my setup.

That's odd. I can play and record with component cables at 1080p (1920x1080 right?).
When I render the vids I reduce them to 720p with less rendering time as only reason for this.

That's odd. I can play and record with component cables at 1080p (1920x1080 right?).
When I render the vids I reduce them to 720p with less rendering time as only reason for this.

Same here!

I thought it could be my monitor, but even the PC setup to capture doesn't show anything when the PS3 is set to output via component cables at 1080p.

Works fine at 1080i or 720p, but when I set to 1080p the PC capture screen goes all blue and the monitor can't find any signal. After 30 seconds it reverts back to 720p and image shows up again.

Not sure what's going on, but it can't be monitor since PC gets it's signal via USB and isn't depending on the monitor.

Are you sure you guys are thinking about 1080i which is also 1920X1080 it's just an interlaced signal versus progressive.

EDIT: Reading up on it I don't believe the Hauppauge 121 supports 1080P. I'm betting you guys are using 1080i. On my monitor the difference in qualify between 1080p and 1080i is pretty major. Agree that capturing in 720p is more efficient, but still this requires quitting game, adjusting settings, etc. Not a quick switch.

From their website:

HD PVR is the world’s first High Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings from your Xbox or PS3 game play. HD PVR records Component Video (YCrCb) is recorded at resolutions up to 1080i, while audio is recorded using optical audio with Dolby AC3 or two channel stereo audio.

Did you notice they have a new "gaming edition" of the device:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr-gaming.html

Same core, but some new bells and whistles.

Last edited:
^Could be you're right Tim. (You most likely will be :sly:)
I'll check this when I start up my PS3 this evening.
If it is 1080i, I don't mind as I didn't really notice a difference when I changed from my HDMI.

^Could be you're right Tim. (You most likely will be :sly:)
I'll check this when I start up my PS3 this evening.
If it is 1080i, I don't mind as I didn't really notice a difference when I changed from my HDMI.

It's also possible you have the PS3 output resolution set to automatic so it shuffles down until a signal is found and you don't even realize it's using 1080i (that might only work for HDMI though). When you go to the display options in the XMB disable all the resolutions except 1080p which will force the issue. If you get a signal on the PC or TV then I'm wrong and confused.

Tim, you are correct, the PVR highest resolution currently is 1080i. Sorry, I didn't notice the "P."

Corel Video Pro x4, which I use, will render 1080P in different formats, but it's still 1080i. what goes in, comes out. :lol:

I can't see as well as an owl, so I see no difference between either, and as Christophe said, 720p = less render and upload time and there's only a small % of quality loss, in my opinion.

EDIT: My TV is 1080i, so if the 1080p on the XMB is selected, I get downgraded to 1080i. As far as I know, 1080p into the PVR will only render the highest resolution of 1080i. Unless the software has been updated of late?

Last edited:
Tim, you are correct, the PVR highest resolution currently is 1080i. Sorry, I didn't notice the "P."

Corel Video Pro x4, which I use, will render 1080P in different formats, but it's still 1080i. what goes in, comes out. :lol:

I can't see as well as an owl, so I see no difference between either, and as Christophe said, 720p = less render and upload time and there's only a small % of quality loss, in my opinion.

EDIT: My TV is 1080i, so if the 1080p on the XMB is selected, I get downgraded to 1080i. As far as I know, 1080p into the PVR will only render the highest resolution of 1080i. Unless the software has been updated of late?

Yes, that makes sense. My monitor does support 1080p via HDMI and I actually do notice a big difference between that and 1080i. That just may be my monitor and how it processes the signal differently... it's a bit finicky.

I will just continue to swap to 720p when I capture or stream and use 1080p otherwise. Just an extra step I wish wasn't required, but I think the content protection encoded and carried by the HDMI cable is what prevents capture from working properly with *any* device on the PS3 at 1080p.

Latest Posts

Back