Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Oh, thanks for the explainin':). I oughta FR him (or vice-versa) so that I can test that mad Caddy of his.
By the way, if you wish, I can test your Espirit too to see how mad it is...
Go ahead and send me an FR it will be much easier that way.👍👍

I've already sent an FR a while ago, so accept it ASAP. Thanks:tup:.

Be warned once more, both will have you either backwards or off the track if you drive them wrong. Though Harvey's will more than mine, it's like saying the guy with the machine gun and a temper issue isn't as scary as the man with a nuke to boot. :scared:

Be warned once more, both will have you either backwards or off the track if you drive them wrong. Though Harvey's will more than mine, it's like saying the guy with the machine gun and a temper issue isn't as scary as the man with a nuke to boot. :scared:

Well, after I'm done with this here Bob remote race (I've invited a few of your drivers as well, Onboy) I'm going to try (highlight that word) to drive both of those wildebeasts without killing myself in the process (not sure if I can do that though...:scared:)

Well, after I'm done with this here Bob remote race (I've invited a few of your drivers as well, Onboy) I'm going to try (highlight that word) to drive both of those wildebeasts without killing myself in the process (not sure if I can do that though...:scared:)

Mine ain't that scary. Just dislikes being driven by goofs like me. :lol:

FR should have been accepted...:embarrassed:

A gentle touch on the controls will have the "Spectre" destroying the competition...a more hamfisted approach will see you being peeled off the scenery with a spatula.:nervous::scared::crazy::lol:

Also if you take it to faster tracks than the ones for the Dream Car Championships you can adjust the final drive to give it a lot higher top speed. Not sure where it tops out with current gearing but should be somewhere north of 250mph.:D

Oh and watch for my latest creation here in a few...will be a new first for ole Harvey Wallbanger.:bowdown::gtpflag:

Alright, I've already driven Onboy's Espirit, so I'm giving out my first impressions:

The Noble mad man

High Speed Ring. Rain. My first time doing such, so I should pick an easy car to do such, right? So why did I pick the Blue monster that is Onboy's Lotus Espirit? I must have a death wish... And as soon I started my test run solo, I crash it. Not a good start, really...:nervous: Well, it couldn't go worse right? Well, that is a no-no, 'cause this is one mad Brit. Go in too fast, it WILL punish you by spinning out of control. On other words, DON'T DRIVE THIS IF YOU'RE A NOOB! Got that out of the way, let's continue. The car itself can go really fast, you need to control it first, though. On low-speed corners, it wheelspins really fast and goes sideways, whether you want it or not, and if you try to go faster on those situations... Well, I don't need to say anything, you're on your own on that. So, what do I think of it? It's a damm quick Lotus, the fastest one I have ever driven, and it is a brutal track eating monster, but I needed about 4 laps around HSR before I knew the right way to drive it, because if you want to extract all this potential, you need to know that this ain't 4WD and it ain't a R35, so, be ready for a few spins before you can master it. If...

Alright, I've already driven Onboy's Espirit, so I'm giving out my first impressions:

The Noble mad man

High Speed Ring. Rain. My first time doing such, so I should pick an easy car to do such, right? So why did I pick the Blue monster that is Onboy's Lotus Espirit? I must have a death wish... And as soon I started my test run solo, I crash it. Not a good start, really...:nervous: Well, it couldn't go worse right? Well, that is a no-no, 'cause this is one mad Brit. Go in too fast, it WILL punish you by spinning out of control. On other words, DON'T DRIVE THIS IF YOU'RE A NOOB! Got that out of the way, let's continue. The car itself can go really fast, you need to control it first, though. On low-speed corners, it wheelspins really fast and goes sideways, whether you want it or not, and if you try to go faster on those situations... Well, I don't need to say anything, you're on your own on that. So, what do I think of it? It's a damm quick Lotus, the fastest one I have ever driven, and it is a brutal track eating monster, but I needed about 4 laps around HSR before I knew the right way to drive it, because if you want to extract all this potential, you need to know that this ain't 4WD and it ain't a R35, so, be ready for a few spins before you can master it. If...

Yea, pretty much. I still remember driving it for the first time on the TGTT. First corner, backwards. :lol: Put it this way, the rear tyres are only grippy if throttle control is there. Half throttle mid corner tames it pretty well, I find. As does braking with some throttle as well as the brakes to keep it still. I might give you the test car with the longer gear settings and see if it tames it, but don't think you've seen the last of my Esprits. No chance. :mischievous:

Yea, pretty much. I still remember driving it for the first time on the TGTT. First corner, backwards. :lol: Put it this way, the rear tyres are only grippy if throttle control is there. Half throttle mid corner tames it pretty well, I find. As does braking with some throttle as well as the brakes to keep it still. I might give you the test car with the longer gear settings and see if it tames it, but don't think you've seen the last of my Esprits. No chance. :mischievous:

I barely got out of that fight with the "Noble", surely the "Silver Devil" is the ultimate of your Espirits. Unless you got something ever madder than that...:nervous::scared: Either way, pretty amazing machine for a Lotus, but there was something else that I needed to see... Harvey's own monster. The one car that simply shuts the mouth of the critics. Drive that and be amazed :bowdown:...

I barely got out of that fight with the "Noble", surely the "Silver Devil" is the ultimate of your Espirits. Unless you got something ever madder than that...:nervous::scared: Either way, pretty amazing machine for a Lotus, but there was something else that I needed to see... Harvey's own monster. The one car that simply shuts the mouth of the critics. Drive that and be amazed :bowdown:...

The Silver Devil is just fast in a straight line, I've not checked the corners yet. But bet is, it'll be fast as bloody hell everywhere. Though the 600PP one has yet to see daylight. Yea, yea, I get carried away. :lol:

Yea, drive the Cien and be amazed at how you're still alive. :lol:

Yea…and no. It's scary, but only if you drive like a goof. Hint hint, me. :lol:

Well then, you'll need some special type of insurance. Something like "Special goof driver insurance policy" of some sort.:lol: The Cien won't kill you unless you push it too hard in some corners. Onboy's Espirit will try to kill 95% of the time, even if you think you got everything under control...:nervous:

Well then, you'll need some special type of insurance. Something like "Special goof driver insurance policy" of some sort.:lol: The Cien won't kill you unless you push it too hard in some corners. Onboy's Espirit will try to kill 95% of the time, even if you think you got everything under control...:nervous:

:lol:

Put it this way, the Cien is on racing rubber and still tries to kill you. The Esprit kills you when the following criteria is met:
1. The turbos are in their stride
2. Over 50% throttle is used
3. Surface is bumpy
4. low speed corner

Slap some slicks on it, I dare you, it should be more behaved. Should, is the important word there. :lol:

:lol:

Put it this way, the Cien is on racing rubber and still tries to kill you. The Esprit kills you when the following criteria is met:
1. The turbos are in their stride
2. Over 50% throttle is used
3. Surface is bumpy
4. low speed corner

Slap some slicks on it, I dare you, it should be more behaved. Should, is the important word there. :lol:

Hmm, no. 4 , 1 and 2 should explain the problems I had on the chicanes at HSR... The Cien is more race car-ish, so I find similarities with the LMP's I have in terms of handling, as in wild tailslide in the low speed corners. Just sayin'.:)

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Daihatsu, Move SR-XX 4WD '97, "Harvey's Smoke Break" AKA "The Little Brown Box"

So after tuning the "Hellfish" and "Spectre" and guiding the later to multiple wins in the Dream Car Championship race at Suzuka, a track the Wallbanger hates with a passion, ole Harvey felt in need of something a bit more relaxing. Now while in the early stages of tuning the "Hellfish" the Wallbanger had to resort to using a manual transmission and this experience encouraged Harvey to try his hand at something new...Drifting! Now inspite of advice from shmogt one of the tuning forums better known drift tuner and expert drifter, ole Harvey Wallbanger settled on the '97 Move as his weapon of choice and set about tuning it. A few pointers from shmogt helped point him in the right direction and shortly the Wallbanger was hitting the current Drift Trial seasonal events at Fuji and Eiger. A bit of fine tuning had ole Harvey bringing home the Gold in both events as well as the Dream Drifter Trophy. So it is with pride that the Wallbanger offers you his very first Drift tune, "Harvey's Smoke Break" or as it's more affectionately known "The Little Brown Box".
utf-8BRnVqaSUyNTIwU3BlZWR3YXklMjUyMEYuanBn.jpg

utf-8BRWlnZXIlMjUyME5vcmR3YW5kJTI1MjBXJTI1MjBUcmFpbC5qcGc-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Cordovan Brown Metallic (Chevrolet)
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing RE30 (factory Bronze)
Aerodynamic Kit: Wing C
Weight Reduction: None
Window Weight Reduction: No
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Drivetrain: Torque Sensing Center Differential
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Comfort Soft or Dirt

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 0, Rear 5
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set final drive left to 4.000
3) Set top speed all the way left to 87mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=4.870,
2nd=3.660,
3rd=2.840,
4th=2.320,
5th=1.930
5) Set Final gear to 3.500
Should display an indicated top speed of 94mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 60, Acceleration 60, Braking 5
LSD Rear Initial 60, Acceleration 60, Braking 5
Torque Sensing Center Differential front 10 rear 90
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 8.0, Rear 10.0
Toe Angle Front -1.00, Rear -1.00
Ride Height Front +40, Rear +50
Spring Rate Front 15.0, Rear 15.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 8, Rear 10
Dampers (Compression) Front 7, Rear 10
Anti-Roll Bars Front 7, Rear 7
Brakes Front 4, Rear 6

The car has 438PP,weighs 810Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 183HP and produces 170ft-lb torque@5,400rpm with a 9,900rpm redline.

Notes: Since this tune is meant for drifting you'll be using a manual transmission which is a good thing as you get your power early and then it drops off rapidly to the redline.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Last edited:
And a Daihatsu at that!:lol: It does sound funny that you were able to make it drift. Fairly impressive, sir!👍
I'm fairly certain it will never be a threat to top the leader boards but it can drift as I proved. By the way not only was this my first drift tune but also my first attempt at drifting any car.:crazy:

Also I take it from your posts that you gave the "Spectre" a go and it didn't kill you.:D
Any chance of a short review for it?

I'm fairly certain it will never be a threat to top the leader boards but it can drift as I proved. By the way not only was this my first drift tune but also my first attempt at drifting any car.:crazy:

Also I take it from your posts that you gave the "Spectre" a go and it didn't kill you.:D
Any chance of a short review for it?

So it's a drift car for the lesser drifters, that sounds like a good idea.
And since you asked:sly: here is a short review on:
The Spectre

One thing I must say. This car is so. Damm. Quick. Not in a million years I was expecting this project to be a Cien, but I guess there is some sort of reason behind the pick. As for the car itself, it is a menacing piece of work. It has a HUGE amount of horses, the sort of horses you would see in a Veyron, however it has a twist. This car is far more agile. Sure, it is riding in racing slicks, but with anything else this car would be a murder scene. Let me put this way: Onboy's Espirit is a madman on sports tires and tries to kill you every single corner without the proper control. This one is scary because it demands quick racecar reactions. Push it too far and it will step out, but if you drive it properly, it is devastating. I was able to keep up with LMP's and Group C's on Trial Mountain, only losing out in speed (and a few dumb mistakes on my part:dunce:). The car's setup shows it was made for tracks where speed is not a issue. On High Speed Ring, I reached about 345 KM\H on the main straight, with a few gearbox tweaks, it will probably be even faster than that. It is indeed a car to shut those critics that said Harvey wouldn't do new cars. Drive this and try saying that. Ever. Again. It looks and goes the part, handles like a GT race car and keeps up with the best racing machines. The Specter. Be very careful, though, or it will make a ghost out of you...

HighSpeedRing_2.jpg

HighSpeedRing_1.jpg

Last edited:
@Niku Driver HC thanks for the review of the "Spectre".👍👍

As I said before you can slide the Final gear over to the left and get a higher top speed. I set it up trying to get maximum acceleration on the Dream Car Championship tracks where your not likely to get over 210 - 215mph at most.

I know some of the drag racers have tuned Cien's to run well over 250mph so if you really need or want more top end it's out there.:D:crazy:

Also "Harvey's Smoke Break" should be on share currently. Taking mom out for her birthday lunch with my brothers now.:cheers:

Last edited:
@Niku Driver HC thanks for the review of the "Spectre".👍👍

As I said before you can slide the Final gear over to the left and get a higher top speed. I set it up trying to get maximum acceleration on the Dream Car Championship tracks where your not likely to get over 210 - 215mph at most.

I know some of the drag racers have tuned Cien's to run well over 250mph so if you really need or want more top end it's out there.:D:crazy:

I glad you've enjoyed it, I enjoy driving all these cars, and I'm glad I can help with my feedback.:)👍

By the way, are you going to do something with the new DLC cars?

I glad you've enjoyed it, I enjoy driving all these cars, and I'm glad I can help with my feedback.:)👍

By the way, are you going to do something with the new DLC cars?
Have a lousy internet connection so haven't been able to get the last couple DLC's.:(

Would love to get the latest one and tune the Bug.:D

Super powered Herbie-replica with a huge wing would be such a lol type car...:dopey:
Actually my first one will probably be a bright orange one in honor of the ones I used to fly around the countryside in with my best buddy. He had like three of them all with rusted through floors. Nothing like seeing the road between your feet at 90mph!:lol::crazy:

XDesperado67
Actually my first one will probably be a bright orange one in honor of the ones I used to fly around the countryside in with my best buddy. He had like three of them all with rusted through floors. Nothing like seeing the road between your feet at 90mph!:lol::crazy:

And a heater that had two settings. Burn your rear passengers legs or off :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back