C-ZETA's car reviews - C-ZETA Awards 2012 - 21/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 754 comments
Special Stage Route X

Aw yeah. :cool:

So, here we are then at Special Stage Route X ready to go with...

SpecialStageRouteX.jpg

MITSUBISHI FTO SUPER TOURING CAR

SpecialStageRouteX_1.jpg

And we are go!!!

Max G-Force: 1.32G :crazy:

SpecialStageRouteX_2.jpg

0-60: 2.720 seconds :drool:

SpecialStageRouteX_3.jpg

0-100: 6.297 seconds đź‘Ť

SpecialStageRouteX_4.jpg

1/4 mile: 10.777 seconds
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

SpecialStageRouteX_5.jpg

1 mile: 27.620 seconds. :)

Welcome then to Special Stage Route X, and as you can tell, I love this place. You can also see it has many chances to make puns on names here, hence the number of Mega Man X references you are about to see here and hence why I will always nickname this place 'Mega Man Route X'. Sorry. I can't help it.

So anyway, what is this track? Well I'll tell you what. It's effing massive, that's what. 18 miles+ of road, or 30km to those who prefer to be accurate, and a lot of every kind of scenery in the world. Damn is this place awesome.

But for now, I wanna go ahead and do some more testing. So, let's move on to the...

SpecialStageRouteX_6.jpg

ADRENATUNE HKS CT230R

So, let's give this speed freak a shot. 3...2...1...

SpecialStageRouteX_7.jpg

...and we're away!

That was 1.45G of forward acceleration, by the way. Whoa. :eek:

SpecialStageRouteX_8.jpg

0-60 in 2.384 seconds! That is remarkable.

SpecialStageRouteX_9.jpg

0-100 in 4.999! :eek: That is incredible. And possibly quite fatal. In fact, it's almost definitely fatal. Yup.

SpecialStageRouteX_10.jpg

And charges onto the 1/4 mile in 9.987 seconds! Another very close shave, and another blitzkrieg time.

SpecialStageRouteX_11.jpg

And then we hit the the mile marker in 25.867 seconds.​

And that, pretty much, goes to show why the HKS CT230R is one of my favourites. Haha! 0-100 in essentially 5 seconds, and a 1/4 mile in 10. Name a car that can do that as effortlessly as that without getting one wrong. And especially with only 615bhp...what a machine. Good job to the pair of you, AdrenaTune and HKS for that. đź‘Ť

But now, one last car I wanna try before we get properly serious. This being...

SpecialStageRouteX_12.jpg

ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TZ2

Yeah...not so fast here. Still...3...2...1...

SpecialStageRouteX_13.jpg

...Go!

0.62G. ...Stately. :lol:

SpecialStageRouteX_14.jpg

5.631 seconds to 60. That's not bad! Given its lack of power.

SpecialStageRouteX_15.jpg

0-100 in 13.863 seconds.

SpecialStageRouteX_16.jpg

...followed barely a few metres later by a 1/4 mile time of 14.316 seconds.

SpecialStageRouteX_17.jpg

...And to complete the run, a time of 35.652 seconds over the mile marker. Not too bad.​

Have to say, the Giulia is not that bad given the state it's in for its PP. 5.6 seconds isn't terrible for something like it, and I'll give it that.

I also tested these 3 cars for top speed later on. The FTO STC did a 191.1 mph run, without hitting any limiters or even the redline. Quite an achievement for a stock race car, when you look at most of the others. The CT230R...well, that wasn't so good. 179.6 was the best that could do, but then, the CT230R is purely geared for acceleration and nothing else. I mean, what else could you do with a 5-speed? Nothing. Exactly. Finally the Giulia TZ2 did a run of 151.8 mph, while hitting the limiter. Still not a bad run for the little boy from Italia.

I could give you more results, but trust me, there's too many to put down really. And in addition, I will also be adding these collected stats to any main reviews from now on, starting from the next main one you'll see later.

But for now...let's wait till the night. And then go and discuss Route X some more.

SpecialStageRouteX_18.jpg

And here, we have 16 awesome supercars, ready to take you around Route X. Let's go.

SpecialStageRouteX_19.jpg

So then, what to say about this 18 mile track of glory? ...Scintillating, that'd be a good one. So much to this track and around the scenery that you would never get bored of taking pictures here of almost all kinds.

SpecialStageRouteX_20.jpg

Oh sure, driving it is simple enough...just drive in a 10000m straight line and then some, then take a massive banked turn and you're done. However, the fact that this is so straight makes racing a lot of fun here. Like in this one. And at the speeds some cars can reach compared to their normal counterparts, you'll be amazed, really. These supercars here are notable examples - try them out in Arcade Mode.

SpecialStageRouteX_21.jpg

But if I may, I wanna get back to the whole scenery of the thing. You start in an underground tunnel where the pit is also situated and a mysterious third route to your right that you can't get through...but who knows. Only time will tell.

Then you have the massive straight in front of you, 10000m of it, 4000 of which is covered by a massive uphill then downhill bridge - 2000 of it up, 2000 of it down.

Then you get to a set of rockfaces - which I find odd given that most of what you have to your right is the big harbour otherwise. Then you go to the banking where you have nothing but the harbour again.

SpecialStageRouteX_22.jpg

Then on the other side, look to your left eventually to find a big wind farm there. Then, some 7000m down, you get to a tunnel that will make most cars look awesome if you're running in the day. Then come out of the tunnel and find yourself next to a ton of satellite dishes - which might as well be laser cannons, used to protect the track from any possible enemy aircraft. Then you go up the banking again, back to the start...and that is Route X.

SpecialStageRouteX_23.jpg

In terms of tracks, this is easily one of the most useful, for the speed tests, and overall one of the best, for its total beauty. I cannot think of a single part of this track that looks that poor, and the way you can catch cars just speeding around it is great. The old Test Courses may have been hard to beat before, but Route X does it well. Still, makes you wonder if there's anything more to come afterwards...

...if I do have a criticism, it's probably something everyone else has noticed - AI corner speed. Usually, they are indeed slower than you, and no, I don't understand why, either. Really though, I would think it's better to watch races here rather than do them yourself. Which does mean B-Spec drivers, yes.

But anyway....this race is now just finishing. And my MP4-12C only got third in the end. Damn. It's hard to win if you come off the banking in first...blocking ten billion things at a time is simply not always possible, I'm afraid. But whatever, I'm done here. Good night.

SpecialStageRouteX_24.jpg

Final Score (yes, really): 18/20

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

Quickie:
DLC Car Pack 3

Hello and welcome to another one of my Quickies! This time, we are looking at none other than DLC Car Pack 3, which seems excellent. In this pack, we have the Aston Martin V12 Vantage (sounds good :)), the Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car (sounds...Premium :)), the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (sounds like a lot of fanboys rushing through the door :scared:), the Mini Cooper S Countryman (sounds like another one :rolleyes:), the Nissan Leaf G (sounds like...well, I can't hear it :boggled:) and the Volkswagen 1200 (sounds like classic VW time! :D). So, let's see how these six new sorcerers get on in my quick test of the lot of them.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes-1.jpg

Not terrifyingly amazing. The sound is the same as you get on a W12 Nardo, which is BAAAAD! D: It's lower, but still BAAAAD! D: Probably would be better for cruising then, like the W12 Nardo. Apart from that...there isn't much else. It's not completely fast, has an alright onboard view, and, IMHO, a bad overall shape. Looks too small and bulky for my liking. And I don't like the rear lights shared with the One-77 much. Though that looks a lot prettier...a lot prettier.

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88

EifelCircuit-7.jpg

PD finally starts its Standard to Premium conversion, and in style with by far and away what is the best car in the whole pack. 900bhp+ helps this be the most powerful sub Red Bull Premium yet, and you can see it - it's bloody fast! It hits 200mph with next to no effort whatsoever, and even there on the RH tyres the steering is so brilliant. I also love how damn simple the onboard is - just the RPM gauge, which conveniently doesn't go below 3000, and nothing else. Yes, the sound is sourced from the horrifying 330P4 vacuum, continuing a trend for bad sounding Jag race cars (XJ13 is even worse)...but at this speed, I could not give a damn. And besides which, it's higher pitched, so it's not even as bad. Best in Pack by far, and one that is not for the faint of heart.

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11

GrandValleySpeedway-7.jpg

Disappointment. Grave disappointment. In terms of driving, the Vent and Door just is not good enough. While the understeer that I originally thought existed apparently doesn't, this thing just does not stop frickin' SLIDING!!! :mad: It's 4WD, but it's RMR 4WD, so that kinda cancels out the whole thing. And the sound as well - it's the same as the Gallardo and Murcielago. The thing is, unlike the Murcielago, it's not high enough to be good, but unlike the Gallardo it isn't realistic. So I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough. And really, to be honest, I think in real life it looks better than it ever will in this game. I'm sorry. If there is a plus point, it would be the acceleration, which is very good, as in real life. But it doesn't match real life...whereas in real life you can do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, I only did 3.1 on one run here. Still, it also has good top speed, as I managed to get it to 220, which betters what one could do in real life. The final good point I have is the amount of kits you can get for this thing. There are 3 front, rear AND wing aero options for this thing, with an extension just for that little bit extra. This effectively means you can make an Aventador SV, and if I were you, I'd make that an LP780-4. I might well have to buy another of these for one of those. Though with a stock car, I would paint it in white.

Mini Cooper S Countryman '11

CircuitodeMadrid-3.jpg

After the excellence of the DLC Mini from the last Car Pack, this is...bizarre. Whereas the previous Mini handled excellently, this does not. This just handles like a normal FF. Oh, and there's another thing - no 4WD. I'm sorry, but why bother if it isn't 4WD? I don't want an FF replica of the Countryman WRC, so PD, please get it right next time. Also, despite apparently being the same, the engine sounds for the Cooper S and Countryman S are, in fact, completely different. The Countryman sounds very odd, almost like a tuneful diesel. Or effectively a better sounding Scirocco/Golf R. The looks are OK for me at the rear, and obviously the front is just like a normal Mini, so eh. Still not as average as the Aston though, really...

Nissan Leaf G '11

NrburgringNordschleife-7.jpg

Dentist drill time. The thing is, this sounds strangely like your average Boeing 737 from Ryanair. Thing is though, even Boeing 737s from Ryanair go faster than this. And this isn't cheap either...but really, among cars, it isn't too slow. Top speed is limited, although in places, mainly Fuchsrohe for the Nurburgring, the limiter seems to be rather broken. Handling is also pretty good too, unlike the Tesla Roadster, which is also electric. Also impressive given its huge weight of 1540kg. The startup sound is also pretty comical, like you're loading up Windows or something, and you can also give this thing aero kits. Not that you can give it power upgrades to make it useful, but still...hah. Good enough.

Volkswagen 1200 '66

TokyoBayKart-3.jpg

Classic crock time! Ooh yeah. :cool: Anyway, I recommend you immediately buy a second one of these and fully mod it, mainly because the aero makes it look wicked. Granted, it isn't as exciting as most would have you say, especially given how it appears to have a Ferrari 458 engine taken for sound for its Racing Exhaust (which also tells you where the SambaBus sound came from!), but still, do it anyhow. However, we here have a stock version to do. And I was mildly surprised to find out that I was losing the back end with it. :lol: It is RR, yes, but then an RUF CTR2 has closing on 20 times more HP...and this is losing the back end. ...Yes, I don't understand either. It is overweight in this game, but even still, I like this thing. And as a classic Veedub, I just have to have it, so yeah.

So then...

Most Average in Pack: Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Most Disappointing in Pack: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11
Most Wrong in Pack: Mini Cooper S Countryman '11
Most Electric in Pack: Nissan Leaf G '11
Most Bonkers in Pack: Volkswagen 1200 '66

Best in Pack: Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88
A great car in general, and the first in what might well be a long line of Standard to Premium conversions. Speed, speed and more speed is what this thing is absolutely about - this is a free ticket to 220mph speeds. I wanna say it might even beat the 905 among Group Cs, but Peugeot decided to leave Le Mans...so I don't know whether to shout at them or be nice. Whatever, the XJR-9 is a car you should drive and a car that should do all you need to win.
Final Score: 17/20

Last edited:
Some good reviews, but I personally think that the Aventador handles rather well. In my opinion, it's a fun car :)

Any ways, keep up the good work!

Opera Performance S2000 '04
The Opera is probably a lot wilder, and while I haven't tried it, if I can't get into a lurid tail slide at any given point around a track, I will eat my favourite shirt.

NrburgringNordschleife_1-6.jpg

It's good to know my favourite shirt is still intact.

HP: 275
KG: 930
PP: 485
Price: 125,000 Cr.
0-60: 4.545 seconds
0-100: 10.249 seconds
1/4 mile: 12.991 seconds
1 mile: 32.029 seconds
Max Speed: 172.3 mph
Max G-Force: 0.74G

Welcome then, to the Opera Performance S2000, and what a performance it really is.

This, among tuners, is almost slap-bang in the middle of the lot. It is certainly the fastest that comes on Sports Hard, and with a bit of extra performance, it'd be on Sports Softs. But it doesn't have extra performance, so Sports Hards it is.

And after driving this, I have to say: Fantastic. Wonderful. Brilliant. Three simple words that describe this S2000.

NrburgringNordschleife_2-5.jpg

Unlike the previously tested S2000 R1, this thing will slide and it will slide a lot. It will slide almost, under your command, whenever you want it to. It is a perfect pet for you. And it is a fun, loving and caring one. You'd find it hard to run out of fun with this.

But when you aren't sliding, the Opera Performance is a huge surprise. 275hp may not seem like a lot, even when you only have to take 930kg with you. But somehow, this thing will do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and the speed never stops surging at almost any point. This is one hugely surprising multi-weapon in one hugely surprising package.

And the sound is good too. It is your simple, smooth, lovely S2000 sound. Not too fussy, but brilliantly buzzy and eccentric. The VTEC in this thing just is flowing wherever...and no, I don't say VTEC kicks in, as for me, MIVEC just kicks in, yo. ;)

NrburgringNordschleife_3-4.jpg

Yet despite all of this brilliant fun to drive, you look at the body and see...the same S2000 you do always. Just with a few extra wedges and a wing. For something like this, you just cannot go wrong.

And you can even get one for free too. Just do the S License and you're there. It is incredibly easy these days, and if you can't do them, drop the game now. You have to command a decent 125,000 Cr. otherwise, but believe me, it is quite worth it.

This S2000 then is easily the best tuned S2000 of the lot in this game. Amuse may make 4, but none of them beat this. Mugen and Spoon can't reach this either. And nor can PD themselves - not unless the S2000 LM goes back to being a 600hp master again. This is probably the only tuner car I know that can hold a candle to the HKS CT230R overall, with perhaps a few exceptions.

NrburgringNordschleife_4-3.jpg

Oh, and for those of an S2000 GT1 Turbo disposition, here's something for ya: try this, and accept that I was right for once. Yeah. :cool:

Final Score: 18/20

Haha! I've found a car that is faster than your HKS EVO!...My 512bhp '03 GSR 1/4 In....8.795! haha! love the reviews by the way bud!

Haha! I've found a car that is faster than your HKS EVO!...My 512bhp '03 GSR 1/4 In....8.795! haha! love the reviews by the way bud!

Can't imagine you meant 9.795 there...and besides which, the CT230R isn't setup for 1/4 miles...but considering how impressive it did on them in my hands, I'm pleased. And that, I mean, is before Route X.

C-ZETA

It's good to know my favourite shirt is still intact.

HP: 275
KG: 930
PP: 485
Price: 125,000 Cr.
0-60: 4.545 seconds
0-100: 10.249 seconds
1/4 mile: 12.991 seconds
1 mile: 32.029 seconds
Max Speed: 172.3 mph
Max G-Force: 0.74G

Welcome then, to the Opera Performance S2000, and what a performance it really is.

This, among tuners, is almost slap-bang in the middle of the lot. It is certainly the fastest that comes on Sports Hard, and with a bit of extra performance, it'd be on Sports Softs. But it doesn't have extra performance, so Sports Hards it is.

And after driving this, I have to say: Fantastic. Wonderful. Brilliant. Three simple words that describe this S2000.

Unlike the previously tested S2000 R1, this thing will slide and it will slide a lot. It will slide almost, under your command, whenever you want it to. It is a perfect pet for you. And it is a fun, loving and caring one. You'd find it hard to run out of fun with this.

But when you aren't sliding, the Opera Performance is a huge surprise. 275hp may not seem like a lot, even when you only have to take 930kg with you. But somehow, this thing will do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and the speed never stops surging at almost any point. This is one hugely surprising multi-weapon in one hugely surprising package.

And the sound is good too. It is your simple, smooth, lovely S2000 sound. Not too fussy, but brilliantly buzzy and eccentric. The VTEC in this thing just is flowing wherever...and no, I don't say VTEC kicks in, as for me, MIVEC just kicks in, yo. ;)

Yet despite all of this brilliant fun to drive, you look at the body and see...the same S2000 you do always. Just with a few extra wedges and a wing. For something like this, you just cannot go wrong.

And you can even get one for free too. Just do the S License and you're there. It is incredibly easy these days, and if you can't do them, drop the game now. You have to command a decent 125,000 Cr. otherwise, but believe me, it is quite worth it.

This S2000 then is easily the best tuned S2000 of the lot in this game. Amuse may make 4, but none of them beat this. Mugen and Spoon can't reach this either. And nor can PD themselves - not unless the S2000 LM goes back to being a 600hp master again. This is probably the only tuner car I know that can hold a candle to the HKS CT230R overall, with perhaps a few exceptions.

Oh, and for those of an S2000 GT1 Turbo disposition, here's something for ya: try this, and accept that I was right for once. Yeah. :cool:

Final Score: 18/20

You do realise you could get it in gt psp and transfer it. It works with most cars.

You do realise you could get it in gt psp and transfer it. It works with most cars.

Problem being I no longer have GTPSP due to me selling it for some stupid reason or another. Probably because I was bored with it back then, but I'm not now...

The Opera S2000 is one of Kaz's personal cars right? I remember some pictures of his stock yellow S2000 being transformed into the Opera version right around the time GT2 came out. Nice review!

The Opera S2000 is one of Kaz's personal cars right? I remember some pictures of his stock yellow S2000 being transformed into the Opera version right around the time GT2 came out. Nice review!

Gran Turismo did supposedly help with development of the Opera S2000 according to the description.

How did you get the Aventador to slide? :odd:
When I drove it the only time it slid was when I provoked it a lot and that was a very nice contained slide. It did understeer though.
I really don't know what kind of driving style you have as the Aventador is a very stable car.

EDIT: Never mind, I tried it online and I'm guessing that's where you did your testing.

Last edited:
How did you get the Aventador to slide? :odd:
When I drove it the only time it slid was when I provoked it a lot and that was a very nice contained slide. It did understeer though.
I really don't know what kind of driving style you have as the Aventador is a very stable car.

EDIT: Never mind, I tried it online and I'm guessing that's where you did your testing.

Under heavy braking when turning in it will really get sideways. If you boot the accelerator enough you should get it sliding. It did understeer on my first test before, I felt, but didn't feel it as much here...and no, it wasn't offline. Just drove it on Grand Valley Speedway, that's all.

Nissan Silvia 240RS (S110) '83

Note: Nissan badge not actually representative of car.

NrburgringGP_F_1-2.jpg

Nissan Silvia 240RS (S110) '83
Stats

Power: 241bhp
Weight: 970kg
PP: 427PP
0-60: 6.084 seconds
0-100: 13.117 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.412 seconds
1 mile: 36.466 seconds
Max Speed: 125.9mph
Max G-Force: 0.52G
Drivetrain: FR

Technically speaking, the Nissan Silvia 240RS is one of the worst cars that Nissan have ever produced. Here's why.

First, let's take a look at how it looks. The shape itself looks fine - classic 80s boxy stuff - then you see the square :irked: wheelarches on it. These look so ridiculous and horrible that obviously the man who designed them is now probably one of the world's best players at Minecraft. I mean, square wheelarches? Really? Yes, I know the early 80s in general for cars was a very square time, but that does not mean that every single part of the car has to have an angle of some sort. Silly Nissan, taking it too far. :lol:

Also, the 240RS was designed mainly for rallying. This was built right at the time that 4WD was coming on unfortunately, in the quattro. Now, I haven't tried it offroad, but I bet that with the FR drivetrain this thing has, this thing has more of a chance surviving offroad as the average GT1 race car. In other words, it probably doesn't work offroad.

NrburgringGP_F-3.jpg

How about when you're actually on the tarmac though? Well there, the 240RS is not that bad. It has a big 240hp engine - well, big considering the light 970kg weight. That's another thing I've noticed though...how does this thing weight 970kg? Unless they built the insides of the car with nylon, I can't quite see how this is possible.

But anyway, back to the driving. And as you would expect from a car with these stats and an FR drivetrain, you would expect a lot, and I mean a lot, of sliding. And the 240RS does just that. Slides a lot. Thing is though, you wish it had a higher limit to its sliding. It will slide...but only up to a point. It is a pretty high point actually, but I want it to be completely insane at sliding. Obviously, with characteristics like this, this is one of the game's perfect cars for drifters, especially if you don't wanna resort to using a Skyline. And if I wanted to slide a Skyline, I would not buy a GTS. Ever.

In terms of going in a straight line, that's another area where the 240RS is absolutely hopeless. 0-60 in a time of 6 seconds is good, but it's inevitably not so good when you find that about half a second later, you've maxed it out. I'm sorry, but 125.9mph is not just bad. It's unacceptable. It will hit the redline on most home straights and hit the limiter on a good amount of them too. On Route X, I think I hit the limiter before I even hit the 1000m mark. That's how bad it really is. So, the message is clear then. If you wanna drive this thing, go to somewhere without a straight. Then, most of the time, find yourself sliding into oblivion because you go beyond the limit and spin out.

NrburgringGP_F_2-1.jpg

So, the evidence is clear. Compared to most Nissans, or indeed most cars, the Silvia 240RS is almost completely useless. Outclassed down the straights, outclassed in looks, outclassed offroad and also quite pricey too at 72,200 Cr. And yet. And yet...

There's something about this Nissan. Something that makes it one of the most epic Nissans. In fact, something that makes it one of the most epic cars in the game. You see, normal Nissans, mainly the R32, R33, R34 and R35, are all 4WD, grip, acceleration, straight line, cornering monsters. The 240RS is not any of these things. It's FR, very slidey, has no top end and is almost impossible to keep still. And that's what makes it better than most of the Skylines here.

It does something that no Nissan really manages to do. Have a soul. Which makes you wonder...who really made it? Nissan? Or the Italians?

Fiat_131_Abarth_010.jpg

Nissan_240RS_003.JPG

The evidence is there, alright.

Final Score: 13/20

Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Seeing as PD somehow couldn't find any of the 6 something Land Rovers to model...here's one that isn't one of those 6.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_4-3.jpg

Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04
Stats

Power: 351bhp
Weight: 2500kg
PP: 432
0-60: 5.836 seconds
0-100: 15.431 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.457 seconds
1 mile: 36.503 seconds
Max Speed: 163.0mph
Max G-Force: 0.86G
Drivetrain: 4WD

So, meet the Range Stormer. The only Land Rover name that hasn't been brought into production yet. And ooh boy does it look muscly.

It's supposedly a kitted out Range Rover, but if you think about it, it could almost be a bigger Evoque. It's the slimness of the roof and everything for me...it even has a classic muscle car style boot for the Jaguar 4.2 V8. It also has very large wheelarches too. Of course, its sheer size means that it is a perfect candidate to spot the inaccuracies of Standard cars...but who cares!

The Jag 4.2 V8 makes 350bhp - a decent amount, except it weighs 2500kg. That is the heaviest car in the game - not including the genuinely troll-type Jay Leno Tank Car which makes every car look like a small butter knife in this game. Mind you...this does much the same thing.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3-4.jpg

So then, about driving the thing...well, I will say, on the road, it's much as you would expect: quite hopeless. Still, at least you do expect it, so it's not as bad. But anyway, I'll get it out quickly: it's understeery. This comes down to its 4WD system and its huge weight which will make it capsize into the nearest wall when put under enough turning pressure. Lifting off seems to help a great deal, but then that makes the car feel weird and un-natural.

Still, if you aren't doing a great deal in the turns, you might well make up for it in a straight line. I did really not expect this thing to be getting from 0-60 in 5.8 seconds: it doesn't sound epic, but for something that is roughly equivalent to a house in terms of weight, even with the fat engine, it's not bad. In fact, the max g-force I got with this thing was higher than I hit while testing a Lexus IS F Racing Concept. That says something, right? However, it is not just the 4WD that helps this thing to good acceleration. The car also has 415 ft-lb to help it, and if you take it on a top speed run, you can see it. I literally hardly stopped accelerating down the whole 10000m straight of Route X. Unfortunately, because it's only 10000m, I only managed 160mph - still not bad, but when I say that I wasn't even in top gear, you'll realise the top speed potential this thing has. Indeed, I've calculated this long and hard and worked out that if Route X's straight was another 10000m long, I'd come out of the test doing 4,165mph. Impressive. đź‘Ť

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2-5.jpg

However, there's something else missing from this test thus far. A trait that should never be missed out on in a Land Rover.

EigerNordwandKTrail-3.jpg

What happens...

EigerNordwandKTrail_1-1.jpg

...if you take it...

EigerNordwandKTrail_2.jpg

...offroad?

Well, you'll be pleased to note that it's good.

EigerNordwandKTrail_3.jpg

Every problem the Range Stormer had on the road is taken off of it offroad. It's just so easy to drive on the dirt, with all the power and torque helping it along and the 4WD proving its worth very well. Even the big weight doesn't make it felt at this point. It just breezes through the corners with no trouble.

EigerNordwandKTrail_4.jpg

This is what makes the Range Stormer a top class car. It may not be the best thing to drive in the world, but as the only representative of the great name of Land Rover, it does the job with absolute aplomb. Even though it isn't even a production car, it still proves the Land Rover name greatly by itself. You can tell it just by how well it does offroad. Land Rovers are built for offroad naturally - things like the Defender and Range Rover, for instance, all proving their legendary status off the road. And in their absence, the Range Stormer does their job superbly well. I like this thing, and I recommend you get your hands on this one. 500,000 Cr. is a big asking price, but then it would be. It's a concept. Problem?

EigerNordwandKTrail_5.jpg

Final Score: 17/20

17/20 on the range rover? Is it because it's british? :P

Not necessarily, it's mainly because of the way it manages to represent Land Rover just by itself. If there were other cars of theirs in the game (and I want a Defender in this game myself) then I'm not sure that would matter too much, but the Range Stormer is the lone Land Rover wolf here, so yeah.

That car was actually a modded land rover from west coast customs to a Arabian price if not mistaken

Quote from the description:

The base chassis is a Range Rover, but numerous fundamental modifications were made to the structure. While the current styling retains the current Range Rover look here and there, the body design has morphed into a "2-box" SUV layout featuring two doors and a rear hatch-tailgate design.

That is something to bear in mind - if you look closely, you can't actually see any door handles.

17/20 eh? I bought one a long time ago and never drove it, but with a rating like that I'm considering taking it out for a spin.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

17/20 eh? I bought one a long time ago and never drove it, but with a rating like that I'm considering taking it out for a spin.

You won't spin this thing, mate. It's glued to the road by 4WD. Better to try the 240RS, which is something you can spin in. :lol:

Seriously though, make sure you try that Landie offroad. Does a very good job on the dirt.

You won't spin this thing, mate. It's glued to the road by 4WD. Better to try the 240RS, which is something you can spin in. :lol:

Seriously though, make sure you try that Landie offroad. Does a very good job on the dirt.
I'm going to drive the 240RS, I was planning on doing it soon, because it seemed like a pretty cool car.... Then you pointed out the square wheel arches. :ill: As for the Range Stormer, I'm not good enough of a rally driver to do it any justice. It doesn't matter how many times I read the Rally section of my 'Apex' book, I just can't do it very well.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I'm going to drive the 240RS, I was planning on doing it soon, because it seemed like a pretty cool car.... Then you pointed out the square wheel arches. :ill: As for the Range Stormer, I'm not good enough of a rally driver to do it any justice. It doesn't matter how many times I read the Rally section of my 'Apex' book, I just can't do it very well.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

The 240RS is cool actually, just for it being so different to other Nissans. Even with square wheel arches.

And if you wanna do rally, then use the Range Stormer to build your skill up a little. It is very easy to use offroad, although if you're still learning I would move away from the K Trail because the downhill section there is nasty.

The 240RS is cool actually, just for it being so different to other Nissans. Even with square wheel arches.

And if you wanna do rally, then use the Range Stormer to build your skill up a little. It is very easy to use offroad, although if you're still learning I would move away from the K Trail because the downhill section there is nasty.
Haha, I love the K trail, I'm not that inexperienced. The thing that really gets me is braking into corners and keeping it sideways through corners that should be taken sideways.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I love the Range Stormer. I saw it in person at the New York Auto Show in '06 I think. The interior is unbelievable! Probably one of the sweetest cars I've ever seen.

Back