C-ZETA's car reviews - C-ZETA Awards 2012 - 21/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 754 comments
Pfft, stuff only look better with a wide bodykit and and all taht? C-ZETA you're such a ricer :P

Well...um...no, just...you know...you need the right body for the power. And if you look at the Honda HSV-010 GT PDputinplease that is (my favourite) a GT500 racer and doesn't look terribly wild. Unlike the GT-R, which looks bloated, and the SC430, which is just...well, wild :lol:

Actually my RX-7 TC doesn't understeer at all. In fact, it turns like a Chapperal 2J.

Which is why I have an RX-7 LM. If it turned like a Chaparral 2J, it would just be scary. Because that's what the 2J is. If I'm driving one carefully, it's scary. If I'm driving one quickly, it's scary. It's scary no matter what. And manages to do so while looking like a washing machine.

Good B-Spec racer, mind. :P

Well...um...no, just...you know...you need the right body for the power. And if you look at the Honda HSV-010 GT PDputinplease that is (my favourite) a GT500 racer and doesn't look terribly wild. Unlike the GT-R, which looks bloated, and the SC430, which is just...well, wild :lol:

Ah well, you know me, I believe in the phrase "less is more" :lol:

Ah well, you know me, I believe in the phrase "less is more" :lol:

As things like the Motor Sport Elise and Giulia TZ2 prove.

I don't know if I'll be taking requests for my next round, but there is one road car I might already have to try. I'll only do it though if it proves to be interesting enough.

As things like the Motor Sport Elise and Giulia TZ2 prove.

I don't know if I'll be taking requests for my next round, but there is one road car I might already have to try. I'll only do it though if it proves to be interesting enough.

Just go for it :P

Just go for it :P

Meanwhile…you sit back with your arms folded and legs on a table pretending to be in the Caribbean when you really should be writing and not let the responsibility of keeping G.T.R running fall on me a Apok's head? :grumpy:

That red color comes from M-B, signifying Pagani's close relationship to AMG. Just sayin'. ;)

Meanwhile…you sit back with your arms folded and legs on a table pretending to be in the Caribbean when you really should be writing and not let the responsibility of keeping G.T.R running fall on me a Apok's head? :grumpy:

Rival companies discussing their matters in my thread?

What is this?! :crazy:

Well, the review of the Citroen GT Race Car is so well made, I felt bad for beating it several times with my Ford GT Spec 2 :nervous:. It is indeed very pretty from all angles, but just a tad too overpriced for the performance it commands. As for the 2nd tuners comparison, I have preferences for the Mine's, because it is a GT-R unplugged (and it is a R34:tup:) and it is just soo damm fast:scared:! Great job, keep it up.:cheers:

Chaparral 2J Race Car '70
Well...this is one very multi-purpose vehicle. But not in the ways you might be expecting.

GrandValleySpeedway_5-1.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_4-3.jpg

So then, what is this thing? Well, I know what it looks like for starters. What it looks like is the average kitchen appliance. So it'd be very useful, you would imagine. And to be honest...it is. But not as a kitchen appliance. Because what this is, in fact, is a 704bhp, 821kg weapon of possible mass destruction that can cause some of the biggest shocks in world history.

So...what is the massive ranting about the 2J then? Well, people have said it is fast - and they're right, it is. However, it is not just fast, but it is actually damn scary to drive. You try to drive it carefully, it's scary. If you drive it quickly, it's scary. Do anything in between and it's scary. This is quite possibly one of the most fitting cars I have ever seen that could work in a horror film. It looks like it could work in films like Back to the Future - which is in fact, quite what this thing is.

Despite having 704bhp and just 821kg of weight, and having a total of 647PP, this actually comes from 1970. And beats most cars from after that time as well.

GrandValleySpeedway_3-3.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_2-3.jpg

The thing is, that massive fan system on the back actually generates so much aerodynamics, the game doesn't even bother to put any aerodynamics on the car itself. This is what causes it to beat cars that have 70 more PP in B-Spec on Sports Soft - the tyre wear is affected, the speed is affected, the cornering is affected...and it manages all of this despite having just the 3 gears. Wow.

But I'm not a B-Spec driver, and I really don't know how I can actually be faster than some LMPs in those circumstances. That's what the 2J is: impossible. Yet despite this, it existed all the way back in 1970 and because it was so on the edge, the Can-Am series it was to compete in stopped it dead and banned its aerodynamic system. And no wonder. If this game were to hold true in the real life, this thing would still be racing among them. :lol: Would be quite weird to see a washing machine hitting the Le Mans track and giving Peugeot and Audi a run for their money.

The thing is though, this 2J is so many things it is quite literally impossible to sum up. If you're driving it, it's scary. If your B-Spec driver is driving it, it's broken. If you're looking at it, you're thinking "What is this thing?!". If you're looking further into it, it's just damn impossible, especially for 1970. This 2J is such a mindscrew it is almost impossible to rate it, give a word to describe it or to give a viable description to what it truly is. Scary, broken, strange-looking and impossible...how do you combine those four words together? I know I can't. So I need help here. How would you describe...a 2J?

GrandValleySpeedway_1-5.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway-6.jpg

Final Score: 15, 10, 17, 14 and 6/20. Which is an average of 12.40/20. :odd:

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept
Here you see one of the most sought after cars among collectors. Quite a rarity in the UCD apparently, here we have the Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept, which basically pre-empted the R8, Aventador and Sesto Elemento. Oh, and that other thing known as the Veyron. So...how is this first concept of the practice of supercars for VW?

TheTopGearTestTrack_16.jpg
TheTopGearTestTrack_15.jpg

So, I think we can all say this thing looks good. In this orange, it does anyway. Tried it in black too, and I like it there too. But really, orange it is. So, let's begin.

With a terrible onboard view. Apparently, seeing as the roof of the W12 is made of glass, the onboard view should also show the roof as see-through. And my god does it not look pretty. It makes for such a distraction and it just looks far too wrong. Stick with one of the other three views. When chase cam is not glitched up.

Another huge disappointment is the sound. You first start off with an excellent low growl...then you get past 6000rpm and the car decides it would rather be a hairdryer. This is a grave disappointment. Driving around in something that would sound like a hairdryer is not good for your social life. Yes, there are vacuum cleaners and nails against chalkboards that do sound worse but really? Really? A hairdryer? Just no. :(

TheTopGearTestTrack_14.jpg
TheTopGearTestTrack_13.jpg

You then see the driving skill of this thing which is really...not brilliant. Despite it having some very good downforce levels that would bring it up to being one of the better road cars in the game. Unfortunately, the drive of this thing would not agree with this theory. It will not slow down under sharp braking, ever, and out of the sharp turn you might have somehow been able to inevitably miss, you have to be so careful with the throttle it's annoying. If you don't control it, you end up with heck all wheelspin and, worse yet, a horrible noise coming from your engine, or hairdryer, as it would like to make you believe.

This didn't stop it from getting a 1:19.2 on TGTT, which is OK. Faster than an Ariel Atom, which is an achievement in itself. But then so is a 458 and that, in this game, is a fair bit slower than the W12.

It's such a shame that the W12 is so bad to drive in this game, because I liked it a lot in GT4. It could win Like the Wind back then, was the third fastest road car in the game...and maybe, actually was the fastest all around. Given how lousy the Cien was and how wheelspinny the Speed 12 is. But then here, it's just a lost cause. Really, I can see why you would want such a thing, but it is not worth 1.5 million Cr. Even the looks. There are better cars out there with better looks, I know. Grave, grave disappointment.

TheTopGearTestTrack_12.jpg

But what if you take this thing...on the road? What if you drive it like the average road user?

Well...it's better. That's for sure.

ToscanaTarmac_2-6.jpg

The reason for this is because of the sound. If you use an automatic, and keep the engine up and high revving, you're just going to get the aforementioned hairdryer. But if you keep it low, by using manual...

...it's awesome.

The thing is, below about 6000rpm, the thing demonstrates an almost Lambo SV style sound. If you keep it below this, you won't ever have to worry about having a hairdryer in your ears. Technically, you would wanna keep it down to about 4500rpm, which isn't too hard either. Below that point is where the W12 sounds most magnificent.

ToscanaTarmac_1-9.jpg

Of course, you will have to go slowly because of this, and even despite this, the car will actually understeer in the corners. But still, with the sound you get, I doubt you should care so much. And then, when you see a straight, you can just floor it and forget about the world. You won't care if the hairdryer in the background is proving to be an annoyance, and even though in a straight line it isn't as quick as you would have it believe, this is one of the best cars for proper, road-going cruising.

So, the Volkswagen W12 Nardo. Keep it off the track. Keep it on the roads. 'Tis a bit like the Veyron, really.

ToscanaTarmac-11.jpg

Final Score: 14/20

Did you take the 2J online?

sometimes you can sneak it into a 600-650 pp room and after one race where you finish 3 minutes ahead, the host will promptly tell you not to use it

although most people catch on and wont let you use it

Praiano's Tunes TVR 'Military' V8S (I came up with that name, BTW)
We're at the Nurburgring. And it is raining. Oh dear.

Unfortunately, at this point, there is a car I would also like to test. Thing is, knowing the car I am driving, before the modifications...it'd probably be best if I didn't.

It's a TVR V8S, tuned to a 500PP spec on Sports Softs by praiano63. And seeing as you saw a good enough description of him in my review of his Audi quattro and in my awards, I don't think I need to give an introduction of him. And I call it the 'Military' V8S because it is painted in one of the Military DLC paint chips. Which I normally find are best reserved for Volkswagen Schwimmwagens, but so be it if Praiano wants to use it on a British legend.

Meh...knowing him, what harm can this V8S do in the rain? Let's try it here.

Nrburgring24h_10.jpg

Right, well, after having driven this in the rain I do have to say: I can tell this thing will be awesome in the dry. Because even in this wet weather, the grip you get...is excellent. 👍

This V8S is remarkably easy to drive. I would take it that a reasonable factor in this is the lesser power on this V8S, or perhaps the lesser weight - which Praiano has wisely chosen not to reduce at all, seeing as it's light enough anyway. But the grip in the rain...damn is it a surprise. As I said, I would love to see how well this gets on in the dry if this is what it can do in wet weather. I would imagine it to be very brilliant there, too.

It's also pretty fast in a straight line, to boot. Down the Dottinger Hohe, I could get it to about 175 I think before braking for the last corner - and amazingly, despite the wet weather, I managed to make it down there with no dents or scratches. I can't even get through that section in most cars this powerful in the dry...and then it started sliding. Brilliant.

Nrburgring24h_9.jpg
Nrburgring24h_8.jpg
Nrburgring24h_7.jpg
Nrburgring24h_6.jpg

And I actually managed to hold it, as well. So what we seem to have here is one of the best multi-purpose weapons of all time.

I would wanna try this thing out at 500PP levels online, for certain, but unfortunately I don't have a TVR V8S to quite prove how good it may well be. Indeed, this is a borrowed version of the car and so I couldn't take it online. But I assume online, it would be a match for anything. No Elise or NSX would stand to this thing easily, that's for sure.

Praiano also has a ton of other 500PP tunes he has released actually, just for your interest. Recently he's been moving away from giving just crazy all out OTT full mods and moving to set levels. And judging by what he's done here, it looks like he's just as good at the set PP mods than he is at full mods.

Nrburgring24h_5.jpg
Nrburgring24h_4-1.jpg
Nrburgring24h_3-2.jpg
Nrburgring24h_2-3.jpg

And as a quick note here, I am not on rain tyres of any sort. This was all done on the Sports Soft tyres this car was built on, because, as the Chaparral 2J proves, supposedly, they work in them. Though I knew that already, seeing as Sports tyres don't need Intermediate or Rain tyres for themselves.

Granted, the lap I did of the track was not fast. But the car was still a brilliant one to drive and I would definitely consider using this if you're looking for a 500PP mod.

Another note I wanna mention is I like the sound of the semi-racing exhaust on the car. Yes, it is basically the same as every other V8 sound but still, on the V8S, it does sound fitting. Especially when you look at the actual exhausts themselves, and the car as a whole. Which also reminds me - good job for not changing the looks, Praiano. Makes the whole package look a lot better and cleaner. Though while the car does look OK in Military colours, I'd stick to the Sunset Pearlescent paint for this TVR.

Nrburgring24h_1-4.jpg
Nrburgring24h_12.jpg
Nrburgring24h-5.jpg
Nrburgring24h_11.jpg

So, are we looking at one of my Tuning Cars of the Year 2012? ...Yes. This is a very good car in many aspects, with a good top end, a fun feel and great, superb handling - and that's only in wet conditions where the car can't be taken to the max. Who knows what the car could do without a cloud in the sky...I reckon it'd still be brilliant. Bravo, Praiano. You have impressed me, again. 👍

Final Score: 17/20

I have a special request. In my garage is a sleek little car shaped like a Mazda roadster, and a 86 gt-sports could you test them and the proffered track is... Nordschleife of nurburgring (so many letters) if so I shall send them, like em I reLease the set up and give you them for keeps! Thanking you:D

Hey there.. i was wondering if you'd like to do a review for one of my tuning shop's cars. If you send me a PSN request, I have a list on the tuning page showing which cars i'm currently sharing.

Did you take the 2J online?

sometimes you can sneak it into a 600-650 pp room and after one race where you finish 3 minutes ahead, the host will promptly tell you not to use it

although most people catch on and wont let you use it

I didn't, I was using one that was on share. But it would probably result in carnage online :lol: Or it would escape from any ensuing carnage anyway.

I have a special request. In my garage is a sleek little car shaped like a Mazda roadster, and a 86 gt-sports could you test them and the proffered track is... Nordschleife of nurburgring (so many letters) if so I shall send them, like em I reLease the set up and give you them for keeps! Thanking you:D

Hey there.. i was wondering if you'd like to do a review for one of my tuning shop's cars. If you send me a PSN request, I have a list on the tuning page showing which cars i'm currently sharing.

No requests yet. And I've decided the cars I'm reviewing tomorrow and have all the pics ready I need.

No requests yet. And I've decided the cars I'm reviewing tomorrow and have all the pics ready I need.

You sure? You're really missing out, some of Solidsnake's cars are very, very good. You've plugged enough for Praiano and MFT, how about giving the smaller shops a go sometime?

Anyway...did I mention how good Solidsnake's S2000 GT1 Turbo is? :P

You sure? You're really missing out, some of Solidsnake's cars are very, very good. You've plugged enough for Praiano and MFT, how about giving the smaller shops a go sometime?

As I said, I wasn't taking requests anyway.

Besides which, I'll be doing someone for the first time next.

Onboy123

He's good, if you don't consider the venOm give his tunes a try, they're brilliant.

I didn't post here yet C-ZETA, but I always enjoy reading your reviews. They are written in a very amusing way yet still informing enough for one who wants to find out how good or bad (or even too perfect and bland, S2k ^^) a car is.

Keep on doing your great reviews, it's always a pleasure to read them! :sly:👍

(or even too perfect and bland, S2k ^^)

If you're saying it's so good that I hate it, which is pretty correct :) I have a real life equivalent to that now - but without the hate for it, just the perfectness and inevitable boredom from it.

Volkswagen Up. Does absolutely a city car needs to do perfectly, and as a result is just boring. Which is why it got the What Car Car of the Year.

And What Car also gave something like 11/18 of their awards to German cars. Sort of tells you something, don't it?

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06
Amemiya...here I go again...Mazda, how could I resist you... ♪

KartSpace_2.jpg

Right, enough singing of songs now.

By rights, I should hate the RE Amemiya RX-7 series of Super GT and JGTC cars. If you know my reputation with the fastest of some of the cars in certain specs, like the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, Mine's Skyline N1 GT-R and (previously) the Mercedes CLK-GTR, this would be among them. Because the first RE Amemiya we saw, the '99 JGTC in GT2, was the fastest there. In GT4, the '04 version, which this should not be confused despite being identical to this, was the fastest JGTC 300 as well (people say the Autobacs Arta Garaiya '03, but they're lying - a Nissan C-West Razo Silvia was faster back then). And if anything, this might well be the fastest of the Super GTs here too. Things then, do not look so good for this thing straight away.

But there are many redeeming features to the car in general. In real life Super GT, it turned out to be boss. From 1995 to 2010, when RE Amemiya was competing, this exact version - the '06 - was the only one that ever won a championship for them (and even then, only just), but most of the time they finished very highly and got tons of good finishes. And better still, Nobuteru Taniguchi drove for them for three seasons. This is a good thing. 👍

KartSpace_1.jpg

As it turns out though, in this game, it might be the fastest Super GT, but I can see why it might well be when driving it. Thing is...I don't know quite how it is the fastest.

The cornering on this thing is epic. Amazingly enough, it is more grippy on Kart Space than it is on Spa-Francorchamps - which given that it isn't 4WD, is rather amazing, really. Of course, as a rotary, it has bad high end torque, and depending on where you're racing, it kinda shows. But it somehow accelerates remarkably quickly. I don't know how, but it just does. This defies your average rotary belief completely, and all the better for it.

In terms of looks, I will say the '04 has a slightly better looking livery despite having the same type of livery - but there's just something about it that makes it look better. The shape on the '04 looks more aggressive too, and while they are similar from the rear, I just think again the '04 edges it. This is unfortunate for the '06, as it makes it look rather bad, actually. If you're doing it for the looks, get the '04. There's no difference in their stats, either, so really, you'd be better off with the '04 in general unless you use cockpit, want a more historic thing or can't be arsed to find it.

KartSpace.jpg

None of the looks still take away from the drive of it though, thankfully. And nor do they take away from the great sound this gets - the screaming rotary engine that will cause ear damage if you aren't careful. 👍 The startup sound is also epic. This thing is a damn screamer however you look at it, and it just adds to the driving experience further. It's just a wonder. :')

I really wish RE Amemiya were still racing in Super GT. Having been able to go from 1995 to 2010 is damn amazing really, and it's a shame that they had to kill the project. Their cars were always damn fast, screamy, and they will go down in Super GT history for years to come. To be fair, if Taniguchi hadn't moved from RE Amemiya...he wouldn't have won the 2011 title...

Thanks for your time, RE Amemiya. It was good. And your car, in this game, is a great one. Though, if I didn't have to put up with the outside difficulties of it, I'd have the '04, not this one.

Final Score: 17/20

Amuse S2000 R1 '04...
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95...
and the Subaru Legacy B4 RSK '98!

Two great cars! And a Legacy.

KartSpace_12.jpg

Why, you may be asking, am I putting these three cars in a review together?

...No reason. Just am. :lol:

So anyway, let's start with the Amuse.

KartSpace_11.jpg

To people who are not of a GT1 Turbo disposition, this is your S2000. I know this is mine, certainly.

Or it would have been if it were a bit wilder. This S2000 R1 is a decent-ish tune up, with enough power to please everyone and the same basic S2000 feel still actually there.

Except this is nowhere near as wild as you might think it to be. This is good in some places, but on the other hand, it also isn't. With something like this, you would be expecting to be having more fun with it, and while it has things like a gloriously high note that fits the S2000 like a soft glove, it isn't terribly loose. The problem with this is, I can't make as much out of it as I want to. This is where the Opera Performance S2000 comes in...and kicks it to the floor. The Opera is probably a lot wilder, and while I haven't tried it, if I can't get into a lurid tail slide at any given point around a track, I will eat my favourite shirt.

KartSpace_10.jpg

Alas, this makes the S2000 R1 a very annoying disappointment for me. I was under a personal perception that this was the best of the tuner S2000s in this game, but after I've found I can't get into tail slides particularly easily, I might have to reconsider my plans. This brings the Opera S2000 into shape for it...I'll get back to you on that. When I have one, obviously. :P

You see, the S2000 R1 isn't slow at all, but it's not fun enough for me. It is a good enough car to drive and is fast enough for most, but it does not excite me and put a grin on my face. And, if I'm honest, it just looks like boredom. I bet you even the Street Version can get into a slide unlike the R1, and if it can, I deserve an emeritus of some sort for guessing correctly.

So anyway, after the disappointment that is the S2000 R1, it's time to move onto the excellence that is the Evo III!

KartSpace_9.jpg

Except this isn't really too brilliant either, if I'm honest.

As a quick note, I had the bright idea to neglect changing the oil on this thing, or overhauling anything, so that might be a bad thing. But still, I'm here with an opinion.

The Evo III, on a track, is not that great. It doesn't quite steer when you want it too, sadly. On Kart Space, it will be faster than the S2000 R1 over a lap, actually, but 4WD kinda cheats it there so meh. ...I mean, yay! :D

KartSpace_8.jpg

If I'm honest though, I will say this looks seriously good. The old Evo shape looked brilliant, and especially this one, with the big wing, looked certainly good. This white paint completes the picture, and I like it a lot for that.

There is also another possible advantage to the Evo III I haven't tested yet, that being its offroad ability. Judging by its 4WDness, it should be excellent to be honest. As a rally replica, it should be great. Obviously, there isn't an Evo III Rally Car in this game, but believe me, there is one in real life and I have seen it in a game - one of the most underrated ever I have seen, called GT Advance 2. No relation to the GT series you see here, but trust me when I say the whole series is excellent. Check out the Japanese version (anywhere else is missing a lot of cars) and love me for it.

Too bad the Evo III came in the year they lost the championship to Subaru. Damn. :(

KartSpace_7.jpg

But whatever. This is a good Mitsubishi that I recommend you buy, and while it isn't great to drive, it has looks and, despite it being a 4WD car that would supposedly be soulless, believe me: it has one. Good if you're a fan of Alfas. Or Lancias.

And now we come to a grave disappointment. The Subaru Legacy...B4...RSK...'98. Oh no.

KartSpace_6.jpg

This car...is the stuff...of nightmares. It is the Subaru Impreza, made into a 4 door and made more anonymous as a result, as well as heavier. This means it isn't as bad as the Impreza, but it still carries completely the wrong badge. And unlike the Impreza, which has two redeeming forms, this Legacy has no redeeming forms. Probably because there aren't that many, but even still, they could have made a little effort to improve the old GT-B wagon or something. And while the Legacy Outback is supposedly the real life 'perfect' car, which would be correct without the badge, everything else is just boring, heavy, boring, bad looking, boring, not fast, boring and boring. And look at the colour on this one! It's 'Mustard Mica'! Ugh!!! Mustard is always bad on any car. :yuck:

Even the great Jeremy Clarkson claims that no Subaru can be cool. Whereas he says, an Evo can be cool - if you have breasts. Which is a) a priceless statement, b) so true, c) is an awesome fact. 👍

So anyway, let's drive this Legacy here and see what it's...erm...like. :rolleyes:

KartSpace_5.jpg

Here it is, coming into the first corner...

KartSpace_4.jpg

Oh!!! And it's understeered wide, straight into the wall!

KartSpace_3.jpg

The thing is, this Legacy had also been taken out for a test drive prior to this run, on the Nordschleife, and I could not get away from the hugely pronounced understeer this thing has. And not being hateful again - it really is the case. Cross my heart and hope to die.

And so, very well and truly, that concludes this completely pointless triple review that didn't really need to include all of these three cars together, but at least they're all out of the way now, OK? Yup.

Final Scores:
S2000: 12/20
Evo: 15/20
Legacy: No mark. Duh

Harvey Wallbanger's (OMG) Mercedes SLS AMG GT
Surprise! At last, I think it's time we give these tuners the nod.

KartSpace_2-1.jpg

Harvey Wallbanger's Cafe, also known as the Outlaw Motorsports Garage, is operated by XDesperado67, also one of the most idea-filled tuners in the world. He started up FITT (fit. :3), has hosted two shootouts, won one (mine! :D) and is known for making some of the craziest tunes one could know. Look at his tune list and see what I mean.

This, however, is not a tune by Desperado, or as I like to call him, Despy. He has actually hired a number of other tuners to do tunes for him. One of these men is Onboy123.

Now Onboy is a very infamous figure among the tuning forums. I know of no man who has made more posts than him in a single particular forum. Everywhere you look in the forum, he's just there.

This mainly came down to his reviews that he does, and his testing. He does a lot of these. Of course though, outside of his reviews, he also has a tendency to do any combination of hilarious, scary, crazy, rage-filled, annoying, spammy and silly posts. Yet not one person I know hates him. And among all the people he's been with in the forum, I might as well have gotten to know him the most.

I know he somehow likes both the CT230R and Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, which should technically be impossible, but also isn't. I also know he actually gives very serious reviews, which are factual and helpful, and there's no doubt he could give me a running in the charts of reviewness.

And now he's gone and taken up tuning. Oh no. What could this possibly mean??? :scared:

Well, I look at this SLS, which is already one of his more serious tunes in his short career, and I'm proud. As it would appear, I am not the only person in the tuning forum who will only build their car up to a certain point. This means not fully modding it or heavily modding it, nor sticking to a set limit. This pleases me enormously. Seems like he's taking inspiration from me. And besides which, I owe him one for reviewing my absolutely excellent :D RUF RGT-02 "Red/Orange Flame", so let's give this one a shot.

KartSpace_1-1.jpg

And I will say this off the bat: it is bloody fast.

Despite not giving it a complete modification, the car still has 725bhp to have and that, is a lot. He has also not removed any weight, which might be disastrous for the cornering, but it isn't really. He also has neglected aero, which is also good for keeping the natural balance of the thing. But there is no denying its acceleration is bloody good.

Unfortunately, I couldn't really tell this very well because of one part that was a constant distraction. This is in some ways out of Onboy's control, but if you look and see, you can also say it isn't.

KartSpace-1.jpg

The SLS has a little rear spoiler that will deploy itself at certain speeds. This isn't so bad on the stock car, because you might well not be travelling fast enough for it to pop up consistently. And while it doesn't here on Kart Space, when I tried this on Spa again...god, how annoying it was.

For almost the whole lap, the speed was so high the spoiler never came down. Since I use chase cam, this was damn annoying*. It is a bit like a girl you fancy, lifting her arse up, just for you. But unfortunately, if the SLS were a girl, it wouldn't be a nice one. Judging by its looks and weight, if it were a girl, it would be a fat brutus of one. And that is not attractive. Gullwing doors don't help either, especially since they don't open here. Ever.

As a result of this, you will never be able to concentrate on the car if you use this in chase cam. The spoiler will always be there to be an annoyance. And it doesn't look that pretty anyway, to be honest. Mainly because the underside is so ugly. :yuck: There is a solution to this, and it's called a wing. And if I'm honest, it's not overly hard to fit one of those to this thing. Just make sure you paint it black beforehand. Oh wait...the SLS AMG Stealth Model is already around. Oh, but what about the other views? Well, use bumper view if you want, but the onboard view is rather odd and too zoomed in and the hood is just too bland.

So then, the SLS AMG GT is a good car. It is bloody fast. Unfortunately for me, I can't ever tell that it is. Well, maybe I can: the spoiler sticking up all the time tells me I am going fast. So, oh well. Good job, but remember!!! The wing is good. 👍

Final Score: 15/20

* The chase cam view on the SLS before was horrible. If you've driven a Skyline R32 or an 86 GT, then the SLS had a similar effect to them, if you know what I mean. They have fixed this since, and it is all good.

Still doesn't change the spoiler though. :P

Last edited:
Back