Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Just leaving this here for Onboy.

Lotus Esprit V8 '02 - Speed Test
0-60mph: 2.593
0-100km/h: 2.685
0-100mph: 5.231
0-200km/h: 7.585
Max speed: 242.7mph / 390.6km/h
Max G-Force: 1.12G
0-400m: 10.158
1/4 Mile: 10.193
0-1000m: 18.046
1 mile: 24.895

Lotus Esprit V8 '02 - Speed Test
0-60mph: 2.593
0-100km/h: 2.685
0-100mph: 5.231
0-200km/h: 7.585
Max speed: 242.7mph / 390.6km/h
Max G-Force: 1.12G
0-400m: 10.158
1/4 Mile: 10.193
0-1000m: 18.046
1 mile: 24.895

Not bad…especially the top speed, though I know there's more from it without sacrificing the handling……

Thanks for that. 👍 Now get started on your 1000km of hell. :D
-----------

Anyway…Tris, that Prelude. It's tricky. There's definitely something wrong with it, the engine doesn't feel that strong, to begin with. It also has some understeer from mid corner onwards. By some, I mean quite a bit. It doesn't feel particularly responsive, either. More a cruiser than a Type R-esque thing, but at least its not erratic like some FFs I've done.

The issue, I think, is that the front springs are too soft. I'd take them up to 11.5 and take the rear down to 4.5. Not a drastic change but it took the time down to 1:35.650, so should help. Mind you, that could just be me adapting to the car. So bear that in mind. Running a little bit more negative rear toe would remove some of the understeer too.

Anyway…final note, the wing. Y U PUT PLANK ON PRELUDE'S ARSE?! It could be a contributing factor to the understeer, so you could remove it or run it at a smaller number to see if it helps. Adjusting the brakes with a rear bias also helps remove some understeer, though it's mostly to do with the entry, which this is fine with. Also, try a diff of 5-15/30-50/5. Take your pick. :D

Good points-

Wheelspin is very much controlled

Gearbox is very good

Very stable

Relaxing, if stubborn to change direction quickly

Lap Time-
(Trial Mountain/Forward)
1:37.424

For now, that's all I can think of. Nice drive, but you need to cure the understeer.

Brilliant. Thanks Onboy. I pretty much knew you would say that, but still needed to hear it. I'll have another bash tomorrow night, and see what I can do.

On another note. Niku's Hilux on steroids is almost done. And on SH at that!!

Brilliant. Thanks Onboy. I pretty much knew you would say that, but still needed to hear it. I'll have another bash tomorrow night, and see what I can do.

On another note. Niku's Hilux on steroids is almost done. And on SH at that!!

My pleasure, good sir.[/Aristocratic git] I look forward to seeing the end result. 👍

Good, I want to try it too! :D

In other news, I just drove the M600 on Spa and the 'Ring. Oversteers in a gentle corner in the dry. :scared:

Perfect.

My pleasure, good sir.[/Aristocratic git] I look forward to seeing the end result. 👍

Good, I want to try it too! :D

In other news, I just drove the M600 on Spa and the 'Ring. Oversteers in a gentle corner in the dry. :scared:

Perfect.

And that proves without a doubt that your M600 is Maaaaaad! And now for a internet meme:

Are you sure that is enough oversteer?:dopey:

Tris, I am curious to see how the "Hilux on steroids" looks like...:sly:

And that proves without a doubt that your M600 is Maaaaaad! And now for a internet meme:

Are you sure that is enough oversteer?:dopey:

Tris, I am curious to see how the "Hilux on steroids" looks like...:sly:

You don't say. :lol: It was trying to wriggle free in a straight line. :scared: Maybe the back is too stiff…

Hi, I just wanted to drop a quick word. I have received my pickup from Tris, and I say. It is very, very good... I don't want to be a spoiler, but is painted in Maziora...:D

Hi, I just wanted to drop a quick word. I have received my pickup from Tris, and I say. It is very, very good... I don't want to be a spoiler, but is painted in Maziora...:D

Ohhh……and I have to say though, why should you be surprised? All of Tris' stuff work like clockwork before he lets it out into the wild.

Speaking of your work, how's the Prelude going?

Ohhh……and I have to say though, why should you be surprised? All of Tris' stuff work like clockwork before he lets it out into the wild.

Speaking of your work, how's the Prelude going?

Aawww shucks Onboy. :embarrassed:

That damn prelude will be staying in the cage for a while. I'm not happy with it.

I have a Hyundai HCD6 thing on share that I've been messing with. I was wondering if Tris could be bothered to try it with a wheel and maybe shoot a couple pics for me.

Sure mate. I'll see if I can give it a bash tonight. It is Australia Day however, so there may be a little too much beer involved. :)

tris_73
Sure mate. I'll see if I can give it a bash tonight. It is Australia Day however, so there may be a little too much beer involved. :)

Australia Day 'eh, sounds like a helluva good time. No need to hurry. Cheers

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) '02 - Drag Test
0-400m: 9.377
1/4 Mile: 9.412

Okay, well I do plan on trying your "sphincter":yuck: tune as soon as I can but... what's that?... Ohhh... your "Spectre" tune (that's completely different :dopey: ), but it will have to wait until I can find a Caddy. I'll let you know about it when I can find one. (I know it's on share, but I NEED my own :dopey: )

Okay, well I do plan on trying your "sphincter":yuck: tune as soon as I can but... what's that?... Ohhh... your "Spectre" tune (that's completely different :dopey: ), but it will have to wait until I can find a Caddy. I'll let you know about it when I can find one. (I know it's on share, but I NEED my own :dopey: )
:lol:Wish I could send you one, unfortunately its over the limit. Think you can win one as a prize though...💡

Also can I get you and your test drivers to run my "Flying Dutchman" and see how it stacks up?

:lol:Wish I could send you one, unfortunately its over the limit. Think you can win one as a prize though...💡

Also can I get you and your test drivers to run my "Flying Dutchman" and see how it stacks up?

I can and will soon. As far as the rest of the Clueless staff... they have a mind of there own ( just the way I like it :crazy: ) I'll get back to you after I put some finishing touches on the "Angry Dutchman" about your Spyker... maybe in the Tuner Wars :sly: :dopey:

I can and will soon. As far as the rest of the Clueless staff... they have a mind of there own ( just the way I like it :crazy: ) I'll get back to you after I put some finishing touches on the "Angry Dutchman" about your Spyker... maybe in the Tuner Wars :sly: :dopey:
You know maybe we should colaborate on the dutch rocket...we could paint it blue and call it "little boy blues finger"...:D

You know maybe we should colaborate on the dutch rocket...we could paint it blue and call it "little boy blues finger"...:D

:lol: :lol:... can you say dyke here? ... :lol: :lol:. Yes a more indepth take on this car is needed, but I haven't posted just my own tune in a while "The Angry Dutchman" will be my own, but after that "lets work together"... Al Green :dopey:

Last edited:
Every king needs a weapon he can count on....

Here is a weapon that will mark you as...

King of the Road!

utf-8BQ2lyY3VpdCUyNTIwZGUlMjUyMFNwYS1GcmFuY29yY2hhbXBzLTEuanBn.jpg

Excalibur!

Let this cat come out and play!

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Jaguar, XKR R Performance '02, "Excalibur"

So to prove he wasn't a one hit wonder when it comes to tuning modern high performance cars, ole Harvey Wallbanger decided to unleash one of the English big cats. A quick perusal of his garage turned up several of these XKR R Performance machines just begging to have real performance added to them. The car was quickly torn down and while it went on a diet to trim the excess fat from it Harvey pulled out all the stops on the engine squeezing every last drop of power possible from it. With plenty of muscle now at it's disposal the transmission and Drivetrain got reworked to ensure they could feed all that newfound strength to the wheels where it would do some good. Of course there was no point in giving it all that power if it couldn't claw its way around the twisty stuff so the suspension got the usual outlaw treatment. Looking around for a place to put the cat through its paces ole Harvey noticed that they had a new Time Trial taking place at Rome calling for the exact tires the car came with. So it was off to Rome for a few laps of that grand city. A couple minor adjustments to the suspension and transmission soon had the Wallbanger collecting the Gold. Not satisfied with letting things end there Harvey decided a trip to Spa and the Dream Car Championship race was in order. After all wasn't it another big cat that reigned supreme there, one dressed out as a full on race car and not a luxury GT? Of course even switching to the stickiest of racing tires most wouldn't have given it half a chance at winning in this crowd of full blown high performance race cars. Imagine the shock that went through the crowd then when the Wallbanger brought his big cat across the finish line nearly two full seconds ahead of its racing counterpart and over twenty seconds ahead of the third place entry. With that win Harvey Wallbanger announced that the big cat was a weapon fit to make anyone King of the road and dubbed it "Excalibur" for the legendary sword of kings. Now you to can own and drive this extraordinary car confident that with "Excalibur" at your command you to are a king!
utf-8BQ2lyY3VpdCUyNTIwZGUlMjUyMFNwYS1GcmFuY29yY2hhbXBzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BQ2lyY3VpdCUyNTIwZGUlMjUyMFNwYS1GcmFuY29yY2hhbXBzLTIuanBn.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Jaguar Racing Green
Wheels: Rays Volk Triniti V (Factory Black, painted Opalescent Silver Blue Metallic from Jaguar)
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Supercharger
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard to Racing Soft.

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 43kg placed at +50
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear all the way right to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed slider all the way left to 124mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.500,
2nd=1.935,
3rd=1.530,
4th=1.255,
5th=1.050
6th=0.875
5) Set Final gear to 3.500
Should display an indicated top speed of 199mph in upper right corner.
LSD Initial 10, Acceleration 10, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.4, Rear 1.2
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front -15, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 15.2, Rear 7.4
Dampers (Extension) Front 5, Rear 2
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 1
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 581PP, weighs 1,455Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 676HP and produces 688ft-lb torque@4,400rpm with a 7,600rpm redline.

Note: The car works very well when driven with an automatic transmission.

Note 2: Handling is very good on any tire type from Sports Hard to Racing Softs.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Thank you…:grumpy: Yet again, you've nicked my car. Meh…my XKR-CS isn't even done yet…

But glad to see we have the same tastes in terms of colour and the wheels! :D Though my wheels are black.

Thank you…:grumpy: Yet again, you've nicked my car. Meh…my XKR-CS isn't even done yet…

But glad to see we have the same tastes in terms of colour and the wheels! :D Though my wheels are black.
I swear I had absolutely no idea you were even thinking of doing the cat.:embarrassed:

I'll get one on share after work in the morning...internet is horrible currently and I'm headed to bed.:drool:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Jaguar XKR CS Edition

We should all know the Jaguar XKR by now, it's the Aston Martin DB7/V8 Vantage's ugly sister. Though being honest, that's like saying a Ferrari 458 is the Alfa 8C's ugly sister. It may not look as fapfapfap stunning, but its still a hell of a looker.

Keeping to that, the awful wings have been left off, as I'm sure you'd be relieved to hear. This isn't for track day nutters, who's goal of the day is to be in the top 5 fastest. No. This car, is for people who want to go around corners sideways. Very, very sideways.

The XKRCS isn't a demonstration as to what an XKR should have been, its my vision of what a British slideways car should be. Leather, heavyweight, easy to manage, majestic, slides on demand. And above all, fun.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Jaguar XKR '99
Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: Ash Green Metallic from TVR
Wheels: Rays Volk Trinity V
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Intake Manifold: --
Air Filter: --
Exhaust Manifold: --
Catalytic Converter: --
Exhaust: Sport
Turbo Kit: Supercharger

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Double Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Sport Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission
- process as follows;
1)Set to 180
2)Set Final Gear to 2.290
1st=3.217
2nd=2.285
3rd=1.716
4th=1.344
5th=1.087

Should display an indicated top speed of 229 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 12
Acceleration: 25
Braking: 15

Suspension
Camber Angle: 1.5/0.5
Toe Angle: -0.15/0.10
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 11.5/8.5
Dampers (Extension): 6/5
Dampers (Compression): 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5

Brakes
7/8
The car has 532 PP, weighs 1334 Kg with a 55/45 front/rear weight distribution, has 432 HP and produces 535 ft-lb torque@xxxx rpm with a 7100 rpm redline.

Notes: One thing, brake early. You have 5 gears, you manage 143mph in 3rd, you don't have enough gears to slow you down when you downshift.

Last edited:
Car looks good Onboy. Can you please add its full name and the year to it though so people know exactly which car to avoid get.:D

Oh…right. I might just add another row to my template then…a 'based on:' bit…
No problem.:D

Guessing you used the baseline '99 XKR there.but not sure. I know the older model was a little lighter, but not sure of the exact differences between the baseline XKR the XKR R and the XKR R Performance that I used.:odd:

No problem.:D

Guessing you used the baseline '99 XKR there.but not sure. I know the older model was a little lighter, but not sure of the exact differences between the baseline XKR the XKR R and the XKR R Performance that I used.:odd:

Yea, it's the base one. And now…as a small idea of all the things I have in various states of incompleteness, I'll tell you what is coming up next.

- A rival for the XKRCS
- Finally updating the Eclipse Evo
- Chasing the Dragon
- 2 Black Editions
- Finally releasing the '05 Mustang
- Rise of the Phoenix <--- think loud, Italian, MR, orange. And around 700hp.

Yea…a bit ahead of myself there, but hey, I feel good after taming a Supra RZ's notorious 1st gear launch. :D

Back