GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

-> I just saw SHIRAKAWA's video contribution on which uploaded by AngelfishJapan...

(Special Stage) Route X {! = day/night} (pending for DLC)

©AngelfishJapan
^ Sorry, there was no proper track map layout image of this course.
[GT5

...I was awestruck. :drool:

^ Route X can be a true successor to TC '90s & DPTC '00s. Although I beg to differ, many people want variety and options. ;)

BT -> I subsequently stumbled this other secret track from GTPSP on YouTube:

Driving Park: Gymkhana Course 'Half' (configuration never 'exist')

^ Sorry, there was no proper track map layout image of this course.
[GTPSP]

^ I will add this one whever I get the chance. Since I will have a two-job days up until tuesday.

-> And somehow, I discovered these 'modified' tracks by these dudes from Gamresin and I ROFL'd:

:lol:

^ And...NO!!! I will not add any of these on my >MISSING< list, it will ruin my credibility!! :grumpy:

So still no clues where is Route X is based... I still believe that is based in the CSR5/SSR5/SSR7/SSR11 city...
^ As what I've said earlier, R-X is no way based on ANY Special Stage tracks/circuits. Here are my number of reasons:

1. Route X is just simply too massive.
  2. Route X is located right at the out skirts of the peninsula. Far away to ANY established SS tracks (CSR5/SSR5, SSR7, SSR11).
  3. Although not a Driving Park, its neither a Special Stage either. So R-X is somewhat of a grey area, weird.

I always enjoyed Midfield and Seattle Circuit. It would be awesome if those two came back. Now that we have Route X, all we need is a skidpad with user-selectable diameter. Those videos sure make all the previous GT games look like crap, but they were the newest and coolest thing when they came out!
-> Everyone has been clamoring for the return of Seattle (both versions) and Mid-Field (both versions). And also I miss it too. :)

-> ...

picture.php

^ That infinity/number 8 icon, would be the Figure 8 skidpad similar to the test done by Motor Trend magazine. A handy kit for that "Max. G-Force" test, however being a user-selectable option would be unlikely (may be an option in the near future).

-> Previous GT games already look 'crap' in todays standards. The reason why I implement this thread is to revive many of the tracks on post 1 in its GT5 (or GT6) glory and to point out key differences that makes each of these tracks great!

:)

Well, it seems Test Course is out and Oval X is its replacement.

Still waiting for more classic tracks. I'd trade Cape Ring for any other classic track.
-> Um...not really in my honest opinion. Each versions of the Test Course whether if its '90s, '00s, or even R-X; these tracks significantly caters to each specific audience not just the mainstream...

• Test Course '90s (JARI Test Track) - Epic multi-player battles and GT1/GT2 nostalgia.
  • Driving Park: Test Course '00s (GT3/GT4) - Good for low-to-medium-powered cars and again for nostalgia.
  • (Special Stage) Route X - Excellent for high-to-insane powered cars.

-> I am too my friend, I am too... :(

Route X is just simply too massive.
It's not. With 23.3 Km, The SSR7 overall layout length is only slightly shorter than SSRX (since it doesn't have long banked corners).
Route X is located right at the out skirts of the peninsula. Far away to ANY established SS tracks (CSR5/SSR5, SSR7, SSR11).
You can't say that as we don't know its scenery layout yet, and it's not clear exactly where for example SSR7 is located, since the background view is almost completely blocked by barriers and darkness.
Although not a Driving Park, its neither a Special Stage either. So R-X is somewhat of a grey area, weird.
It is a Special Stage. It's called like that in the GT5 website.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d16043.html

&#12300;&#12473;&#12506;&#12471;&#12515;&#12523;&#12473;&#12486;&#12540;&#12472;&#12539;&#12523;&#12540;&#12488;X &#12458;&#12540;&#12496;&#12523;&#12301;[...]

-> Just squeezing in...

I hope that route x will be another classic track later on
^ It very will be in the future, given by the current fanfare that GTP is having. :)

I wish they'd bring Seattle back. I loved that course.
^ Ok, thats it!!! I'm moving Seattle Circuit from Pending for DLC to Legendary Status. There is TOO MUCH love for this circuit!! :crazy:

It's not. With 23.3 Km, The SSR7 overall layout length is only slightly shorter than SSRX (since it doesn't have long banked corners).
^ I'm aware that the 'ghost town' SSR7 is somwhat long and a couple of hairpins on each end. I will compare SSR7 and R-X once I DL'ed the track. :)

~> It will be a very boring test though... :scared:

You can't say that as we don't know its scenery layout yet, and it's not clear exactly where for example SSR7 is located, since the background view is almost completely blocked by barriers and darkness.
^ I'm just gambling here (I do it rarely though), but I have a strong intuition that R-X is located far away from the City. ;)

It is a Special Stage. It's called like that in the GT5 website.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d16043.html
^ Oh ok, SSRX then... :ouch:

... What peninsula?
^ Um...

ELQ5K.jpg

...yeah.

:sly:

The windmills and mountains resemble the desert in the southwest US. Maybe California, Arizona, or New Mexico.

^ The windmills resemble the ones on HWY-58 (between Mohave & Bakersfield, CA) and I-10 (between Beaumont & Palm Springs, CA).

turbinesoffthe10.jpg

ZPtwy.jpg

-> While the satellite dishes resemble the Very Large Array or VLA observatory in New Mexico.

vla.jpg

acura-nsx-concept-gt511-640x360.jpg

-> The Harbor/Pier area are inspired from the Port of Long Beach, CA. ;)

LongBeachPort.jpg

uyyoq.jpg

-> The odd-ball tower on the other hand...well...I don't know... :confused:

acura-nsx-concept-gt57-640x360.jpg

Here's the course map for the new Route X Oval.
coursemap_routex.gif

Looks tighter that I expected, though that's deceptive because of the massive scale of the thing.

Last edited:
I wonder if these tracks run in parallel each other. They have around the same orientation, and in addition, the placement of sea/water and cranes in SSR7 looks coherent with what there is in SSRX.

0BNey.png

LONG POST WARNING -> Alright people, I've updated the list. I removed SSRX and replaced it with Driving Park Route X as discussions heats up on this thread:

Yes I think this is another variation.
There's two "snails" style junctions with the current track with almost cartoonish bankings.

^ Sure it may look cartoonish but...with a HUGE but! The layout is inspired from the Daimler-Benz test track.

specialstageroutex5.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-AMG-SLS-Roadster.jpg

5070411.001.1M.jpg

setra-s-411-hd-as-a-visitor-bus-at-the-daimler-ag-test-track.jpg

specialstageroutex6.jpg

833246_1540902_4088_6144_833088_1540609_4088_6144_11C435_69.jpg

^ And alas! There is another oval, but this time its inspired from JARI Test Track, does it mean that Test Course '90s would make a comeback?

specialstageroutex9.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

15505-gran-turismo-2-playstation-screenshot-she-ll-make-point-five.jpg

map.gif

-> If anyone notice, SSRX also has a small municipal airport right between the odd-ball tower and the wind farm. ;)

:boggled:

You can see ferry carnes in certain parts of the background in SSR7, so I'm wondering if they are the approximate location where SSRX is located.

It definitely looks like an industrial area however, with a cargo port and such.
^ I don't see such ferry cranes around SSR7, SSR5 maybe but not SSR7. ;)

On SSR5 Reverse you can also see some of them clearly just before the first long left corner. I wonder if they're the same however.
^ As what I stated before, the cranes on SSR5 are way too far apart compared to SSRX.

I wonder if these tracks run in parallel each other. They have around the same orientation, and in addition, the placement of sea/water and cranes in SSR7 looks coherent with what there is in SSRX.

0BNey.png
^ Nope! No way in hell! As we saw SSRX on its entirity, SSRX is in the middle of nowhere.

In one of the threads today somebody actually pointed out at Space Empire's gallery where he lists Yokohama Bayshore Route - which is a legendary Japanese road route - as "reference".

fMkcB.jpg

Seems plausible.
^ Somewhat, but no. There are no bridge towers on SSRX. But the layout is similar to SSR7 thou. ;)

-> I've added Driving Park: Gymkhana Course 50/50 on the Hidden List and moved Seattle Circuit to Legendary Status.

Last edited:
Smokey Mountain, Midfield, Grindelwald, Tahiti Road, and Red Rock were some of my favorites. I'd gladly pay some to have it as DLC. Tahiti Road, not Maze.

LONG POST WARNING -> I thoroughly researched Driving Park: Route X. It took me a total of an hour and a half to measure, speculate, and access the detail of this highly speculative track.

-> I tend to post it here rather than the SSRX thread because of the nature of the topic itself, not the track in general.

-> Here is the initial drawing I did:

6730344165_0ebdbe1cdb_z.jpg

-> Here is my proof of my work:

6779250287_ff83b17064_z.jpg

TONS OF PICS -> Here are my notes, SHIRAKAWA Akira take notice:

6779251919_c54a0d30fa_z.jpg

6779253825_f323baae16_z.jpg

6779252605_ed442811df_z.jpg

6779254583_268871c807_z.jpg

6779253285_74bd20599a_z.jpg

6779255341_43624ee514_z.jpg

6779260397_9fa4c5fbb1_z.jpg

6779259869_343250aa7a_z.jpg

6779256107_33a647d3d8_z.jpg

^ I used the measurement to the best of my ability based on my estimation.

-> I hope the pics will prove very useful, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Thanks!

;)

LONG POST WARNING -> I thoroughly researched Driving Park: Route X. It took me a total of an hour and a half to measure, speculate, and access the detail of this highly speculative track.

-> I tend to post it here rather than the SSRX thread because of the nature of the topic itself, not the track in general.

-> Here is the initial drawing I did:

6730344165_0ebdbe1cdb_z.jpg

Amazing work, but one thing I don't understand... why are you doing it?

-> ...
Amazing work, but one thing I don't understand... why are you doing it?
^ The reason is after all these years of PD has been neglecting these precious race tracks throughout the years. And ever since I played GT5, my disappointment grew further. Plus I am not alone in this crusade....

;)

^ It doesn't entertain me, I'm here to inform and educate the people on what PD has been doing neglecting these many tracks that they created/aquired/featured in GT history! :grumpy:

-> I would always think and imagine using all of these neglected tracks/circuits with GT5's much improved physics. And instead of ranting at the EMO thread, its better to educate the people as a whole. And thats why I created this thread. :)

-> Sure, sure, as time goes on this thread gets pushed back more and more by newer threads, but that does not stop me from protesting and informing GT fans out there!

What a wonderful job you did my friend. I like your persistence to make such a time spending work for GT series!

^ Thank you! I try my very best! :)

-> If only I was a computer wiz like SHIRAKAWA Akira, Xenn, Abraxas, Floor3013, and others. I would've discovered more tracks since I have GT1/2/3/4/PSP/5P/5 and TT. :indiff:

-> For someone whos asking on where Complex String was featured, it was featured in GT3.

Your measurements aren't very clear, this is what I figured out with them:

mlP2K.jpg

I think I might be doing a simple 3D model of it, it will be easier than drawing it on Inkscape.

^ Hmm...lemme see...sorry about that! I took these pics on my Canon SD960iS on natural light, so this is the best pics I can get. :ouch:

-> Here are my summary:

Pic #1
6779251919_c54a0d30fa_z.jpg

=Lane #3 Begins=
- Lane #3 aspalt begins at the 2nd Pit Stop sign before entering the Pits

Pic #2a
6779253825_f323baae16_z.jpg

Pic #2b
6779252605_ed442811df_z.jpg

=Pit Exit=
- Tunnel ends (Lanes #1/#2/#3) @ 300m
- Pit Lane merges SSRX @ 500m

=Merging Away from SSRX to DPRX=
- SSRX straight is 150m long before merging to DPRX @ 650m
- Part of SSRX ends @ 700m and DPRX parts officially starts @ 720m

=1st Part of DPRX=
- Loop barriers/concrete fence starts @ 2380m
- Embankment starts @ 2500m right after that guard post
- The size of the loop towards the other side is 450m in diameter
- The number of bridge stands within the loop are 16 before it intersects Lane #3 straight
- The overpass on where the bridge post are located is @ 2490m mark
- The overall width if the bridge/road is 300m
- Between SSRX and the other side is 7 bridge post long each @ 100m apart

Pic #3a
6779254583_268871c807_z.jpg

Pic #3b
6779253285_74bd20599a_z.jpg

=Meanwhile at SSRX=
- Bridge starts @ 3100m
- Ramp structure starts @ 3350m and ends @ 3420m

=Approaching the Other Side=
- The first extreme embankment/dome is 600m in diameter (between 3550m-4150m mark @ SSRX)
- That 6-side outline is the plain concrete portion that surrounds the dome

Pic #4
6779255341_43624ee514_z.jpg

=The Other Side=
- Overall outline of DPRX on which includes the concrete portions, the three domes/embankment, two sides of SSRX, the entrance and exit of DPRX

Pic #5a
6779259869_343250aa7a_z.jpg

=The 2nd Loop (right side of pic)=
- According to the SSRX meter mark on the other side, the diameter of the 2nd loop is 400-450m (between 5500m to 5900-5950m SSRX meter mark)

Pic #5b
6779260397_9fa4c5fbb1_z.jpg

=The 3rd Loop=
- According to the SSRX meter mark, the diameter of the 3nd loop is 650m (between 4850m to 5500m SSRX meter mark)

Pic #6
6779256107_33a647d3d8_z.jpg

=Merging Back to SSRX=
- Third loop ramp ends @ 5350m
- Entrance towards SSRX starts @ 5500m
- DPRX & SSRX finally merges @ 5850m

=Back to the Regularly Scheduled SSRX=
- Repeat to Pic#1

^ I hope this clears it out for you! ;)

=WHEW!!!=

-> Time to go to bed... :sly:

You really did put a futile effort towards this huh!?

Too bad its hard to smuggle a ps3 here in ROK, and very expensive on top of that!
:indiff:

-> I find it kinda disturbing when the other Race Track thread gets more and more attention at the same time its already getting off topic. The posters over there aren't mentioning the track itself anymore... :indiff:

Something to Share -> I honestly don't really like to bump threads like this, but I would really like to share something:

^ Here are my pointers:

- The vid is from GT1
- The track is Special Stage Route 11 '90s (a missing track)
- The car featured is [R]Mitsubishi FTO LM '-- (a missing [race] car)
- The field consists of [R]3000GT/GTO Twin Turbo, [R]Castrol Supra GT (missing car), [R]NSX-R LM GT2 (the Team Kunimitsu Le Man-winner, also missing car), [R]R33 GT-R LM, & [R]Mazda 323F/Lantis TypeR (missing car)

-> What does everything mean? Just watch on how epic GT1 was, GT5 can't come up with this much fun even with better physics, better graphics, and more cars on the field!

-> Just to factor in. Just one track, SSR11 is already 40% of GT5's content hands down! A single >missing< circuit cannot deliver this much impact in Gran Turismo. And I keep on Playing GT1 just for this reason! :grumpy:

Last edited:
^ Imagine GT5 had Infineon/Sears Point on every configuration...

- Sports Car Course [featured in GT4]
- NASCAR/Stock Car Course [featured in GT4]
- AMA/Super Bike Course [featured in Tourist Trophy]
- NHRA/Drag Course [never featured before]

^ Imagine GT5 had Infineon/Sears Point on every configuration...

- Sports Car Course [featured in GT4]
- NASCAR/Stock Car Course [featured in GT4]
- AMA/Super Bike Course [featured in Tourist Trophy]
- NHRA/Drag Course [never featured before]

Does anyone actually like the NASCAR layout? I mean for those wanting the authentic NASCAR experience I don't mind it there ... but :yuck: It has nothing on the sports car layout.
Didn't the PSP GT have Infineon but cut the NASCAR layout?

Back