1st GTP F1 World Championship for ordinary mortals only!

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 539 comments
I just remebered that my hockey game got resceduled because of the Super Bore. I'm not going to be able to make it to the race:(

Get ready guys, 90 minutes left - just hoping I'm home by then, it's snowing in France and that's always a sticky situation. :D

Yeah, I've been to Calgary. Then again, my hometown is in the middle of the German alps. Yet, the French start freaking out once it starts snowing...3cm is enough to make everything break down. :)

Sorry guys. I can't make it for this race. I'm 30-60 minutes away from home. So to everyone, have a good race! Good luck.

I pipped Mr.S in qualy, but he had a great start to going down the inside of the first corner, I was all over his a** for 4 laps, when I took him just before turn 12(I think, I don't know these corners off heart). But once again, lag cut in, and Mr.S not knowing moved into me, and I got taken out, similar thing happened with Peter in Catalunya. It seems overtaking for me, needs to be during a DRS zone, and I have to be 2 car lengths in from to safely pass someone.

Anyway, I recovered from the spin, and on the the 2nd to last corner, Webber decides it will be a good idea to dive down the inside of the turn, and take me out. So I lost more places, and had to battle with the Aggressive and stupid AI, where they would slow to down, to almost a stop. It made the race really difficult, and at one point, traded fastest laps with Bazyl, and Mr.S.
I saw Jacques being held up by a Lotus, and I had to take evasive maneuvers, to stop from hitting them both, went round the outside, and tried chasing down Mr.S, but he was consistent, and too far away.

Hopefully next week is better.

It was really weird, the proximity arrow was right on the right side of my car and had 2 "thick bars" - then it moved to the left for a split second and was gone altogether immediately. I looked back but couldn't see you, let alone the nose or sidepod of your car when you were trying to overtake. Sucks, we had quite a race going on at the start. :(

0fkmC.jpg

British Grand Prix - Silverstone

Qualifying

1 - PAWEL17 | 1:26.441
2 - Mr. S | 1:26.862
3 - BlacqueJacques | 1:29.281
4 - Bazylfox l 1:30.664
(+20 "Legend" AI drivers)

Race

1 - Mr. S| 1:27.988
2 - PAWEL17 | 1:27.847
3 - BlacqueJacques l 1:30.277
4 - bazylfox | 1:28.532
(+20 "Legend" AI drivers)

Standings

1 - 153 points - Mr. S | (wins: 3, fastest laps: 1, pole: 3)
2 - 136 points - Pawel17 | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 3, pole: 3)
3 - 95 points - bazylfox | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
4 - 80 points - GTRacerUK | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)
5 - 74 Points - jcm | (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 0)
6 - 58 Points - Peter. l (wins: 1, fastest laps: 1, pole: 2)
7 - 15 points - BlacqueJacques | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
8- 15 points - Mattymc96 l (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
9 - 14 points - thunderjolt | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
10 - 12 points - Jamie-C | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
11 - 12 points - DaveMay96 | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)
12 - 2 points - MauroAC | (wins: 0, fastest laps: 0, pole: 0)

Last edited:
Right, so.

I talked to Tom today and he's going to revive the old GTP F1 series soon. We discussed it in detail and decided to work together.

Now, what does this mean? Of course, our standings won't apply to the other championship. However, this means we can have more people and either count the races for our own championship or both or even just the "new" one. It's actually a win/win situation since the in-game settings of the races are pretty much the same. We'll be using dynamic weather, that's the only difference.

I hope everyone is ok with that. Like I've said, we can still count everything for our own championship as well, that's no problem. We can also have our own races, that's really just an addition. I hope you guys like that as much as I do. It's just an addition and we'll probably see more people, if we're lucky.

Right, so.

I talked to Tom today and he's going to revive the old GTP F1 series soon. We discussed it in detail and decided to work together.

Now, what does this mean? Of course, our standings won't apply to the other championship. However, this means we can have more people and either count the races for our own championship or both or even just the "new" one. It's actually a win/win situation since the in-game settings of the races are pretty much the same. We'll be using dynamic weather, that's the only difference.

I hope everyone is ok with that. Like I've said, we can still count everything for our own championship as well, that's no problem. We can also have our own races, that's really just an addition. I hope you guys like that as much as I do. It's just an addition and we'll probably see more people, if we're lucky.

Sounds good.

By the way, I've gone down in points :eek:

I should be 5 - 74 Points - jcm | (wins: 2, fastest laps: 1, pole: 1)

Okay, but then we will only count the races after silverstone towards points, correct?

If we're counting the other races: yes, of course. However, we can keep both series alive, I'd be happy to see that. :)

The more races the better.

The more the merrier and hopefully bigger grid 👍

Yeah the AI held me up; my pit strategy was not smart (4 stop with last 2 for options); and I saved fuel but obviously not enough as was passed by several AI on thje last lap :crazy:

I've decided to record our races. Because you wouldn't believe in what i saw.

But first thing first.

Q: I went in primes because i was thinking of strategy P: O: O, but when i've looked on times, i decided to go for options. I have started my quali lap just 1sec (ONE SECOND) before Q time ended. So i went for it and was driving my a@@ off.
Thank You BlacqueJacques - you cleared out of the way for me when i was flying :) But AI didn't, and i crashed into it and destroyed my front wing. So i got 15th for the race.

R: I had good start and went from 15th to 10th in 3 corners. I catched Webber on end of DRS straight but he just rammed me and i went wide spinning.

I lost couple of places but kept going. I catched Heidfeld and Perez and Renault driver just drove into me like i wasn't there. So i spun again :)

I decided to try to stay longer on options and gain a lot of places (i've overtaken Mr. S when he was driving out from pits). But next lap i needed to pit. I was 18th after 1st pits.

I got primes and was catching another AI's. But as i said before :"you wouldn't believe in what i saw"
I saw three cars - AI - bouncing on track like balls :) And no matter which side i've taken - they rammed me and i crashed.

Then dissaster ! I told my crew to put me INTERMEDIATES :))))) loool
i don't know how i did it and what i was thinking, but i had to pit again to change for options.

and - ladies and gentelman - i've made last 15 laps on options for finish. I have finished 16th, unlapping myself and meeting my goal (finish 16th or above)

You know, i'm no quiter and drive no matter what. But yesterday i was very close to smashing my wheel :)

Yeah I saw you and thought to myself: I could overtake him. But then again, wouldn't have helped either of us. So I went wide in turn 2 instead, leaving the corner open for you. :P

Back