Master List of Cars With Incorrect Specifications

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 211 comments
I've heard that the BHP values for almost all of the LMP cars in the game are wrong, given the fact that PD used the hypothetical values that aren't restricted by regulations rather than the real power, explaining why the R10 (even though it isn't the fastest LMP car in real life) is so much slower than the others. Someone had compiled a list, but I can't seem to find it.

You're correct. PD apparently noted the dry weight down as the curb weight. They did the same with the Miura it seems.

1967 Lamborghini Miura P400

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 980kg
Power: 357 HP
Torque: 275 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1293kg
Power: 350 HP
Torque: 271 lb.ft.

Linky. (Direct Comparison)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/news/d9752p6.html

The Miura is correct specs. The car is not the production vehicle, it was the pre-production prototype seen at the 1965 Turin Auto Show. It has different specs from the production one you are comparing it too.

Does this count?

Improper Localization

1990 Infiniti G20

GT5 Spec
Right-hand Drive

Real-life Spec
Left-hand Drive (was only sold in America, Sold in Japan and UK as Nissan Primera)

Btw, did you know there's a Nissan Primera Owner's Club? I want to find a Corolla owner's club. :sly:

PD didn't take the time to make all the prices right. Besides, some cars aren't even for sale, so they have to guesstimate the price.

The DMC is for sale and you can find it for less than $40,000. You can go to Autotrader.com and find this car and its pricing.

Moderators: could we please have this thread/topic pinned?

Here is more info on the 1966 Beetle incorrect weight:

http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=1088

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1160kg
Power: 34 HP
Torque: 82 Nm

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 780kg
Power: 34 HP
Torque: 82 Nm

Sources: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=240470
http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle
http://carnut.com/specs/gen/vw60.html

Image below thanks to forum user diegorborges:
66.jpg

As said by forum user SHIRAKAWA Akira here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=240470&page=2 "As said by diegorborges, PD used the gross vehicle weight (GVW) instead of the curb weight. The GVW is the maximum allowed weight for the car, including fluids, passengers, cargo. In the case of the '66 Beetle, the GVW is 1160 Kg. The curb weight (what they should have used instead. This is the weight in typical operating conditions, with a full tank and no passengers or cargo) is 780 Kg."

In real life the Beetle is at least about 200kgs lighter than a Kombi/Samba.

Also the year model is incorrect as according to sources, the last year for the 1200 model was 1965, but I guess you could justify the car being still available and sold in 1966 as left over stock, but those cars were last made in 1965.

Last edited:
Sort of on topic, but i'm positive no American muscle car was 4th gear limited to 120mph back in the day (I think some of those actually had 3 speed autos as well). In fact, many of those cars came with 150mph speedometers. I think it's a load of crap you have to buy full transmissions for those things just to make them compete correctly. Takes all the fun out of wanting to drive them stock.

No, that number is correct. None of the old muscle cars can do any more than 130 ever. Due to the rear gear and transmissions they did not actually go that fast. I've got a 68 charger and i assure you it will NOT go faster than 120.

What about transmission? Isn't the Caterham completely wrong (waaay undertorqued)?

The caterham has stupidly bad (overdone) engine inertia
As per undertorqued? no. It is a motorcycle engined car, and because of all that high revving bike engined goodness it has low torque specs. They are snappy irl, but low torque

You're correct. PD apparently noted the dry weight down as the curb weight. They did the same with the Miura it seems.
Wondering where this idea comes in. it sounded reasonable, until I remembered that 500KG's is roughly 1100 pounds.
In the case of the Volvo, it could just be a misread of 3 taken for an 8, a couple others I see around 2-300 KG's too light. Still way to much for curb vs dry difference, I would think.

I see up above that the new "premium" Beetle comes with cargo capacity filled, just what I always do before a race, fill my car with garbage. :lol:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/news/d9752p6.html

The Miura is correct specs. The car is not the production vehicle, it was the pre-production prototype seen at the 1965 Turin Auto Show. It has different specs from the production one you are comparing it too.

This was already explained.

Bertone Miura prototype has a stated weight in game of 980kg, which is supposed to represent curb weight. 1967 production Miura has a dry weight of 980kg. I find such a coincidence far too large to assume the 400lb+ weight difference occurred as the car finished development, particularly when the car in the is a relatively late-in-development model anyways. And I simply find it far more likely that they instead accidentally recorded the dry weight. Particularly when there are other cars in the game where they did the same thing.

Basically, maybe the Miura Bertone concept didn't weigh 1292kg. But it definitely didn't weight 980kg.

I've heard that the BHP values for almost all of the LMP cars in the game are wrong, given the fact that PD used the hypothetical values that aren't restricted by regulations rather than the real power, explaining why the R10 (even though it isn't the fastest LMP car in real life) is so much slower than the others. Someone had compiled a list, but I can't seem to find it.

This is correct, but I can't really find any repositories of statistics for them. In essence, I know they are wrong, some of them (like the NA Pescarolos) simply through common sense, but I don't know where to find actual info about them to compare.

Is it true that the transmission in the DLC GT-R is screwed up?

Last edited:
Then here is a reminder that you should probably take it off of the list of "Cars with incorrect weights".

:rolleyes:

Or I can just leave it because it is very obviously wrong regardless of whether it weighed exactly the same as the production version (since Chassis 0706 had the extended wheelbase and thicker steel used in the production models that the original chassis number 0509 show car did not have), and since PD obviously doesn't weigh the cars themselves when they model them.

Which is what the post I quoted that you didn't seem to read already said.

Tornado, have you by chance made a list of all the fictitious cars in the game somewhere?

You mean the fantasy road cars presented as real (Lexus GS300 Vertex Edition and such)?

I actually did back in the GTPSP days, but I have no idea where it is.

Somebody should tweet kaz that gtp is doing free bugfixing and testing for pd. Seriously all pd has to do is read many of the threads on here and update databases. A kid could do it.

Soo much good info to improve their game for free here

The 98 Sirion/Storia CX and CX4 have 60hp (ish), but it is supposed to be 80ish, I think they used the Kw number for HP, as they are rated as 60Kw in the real world

The new Jaguar XJR-9 apparently won the 1998 Le Mans.

Or are my eyes deceiving me?

Yea, there are many errors in car descriptions. Check out the LP 640 Murciélago. You'll find out there's a new Lambo called the LP 460.

In the Aventador description, there is supposed to be a space between "mph" and "of". Instead, we see "mphof". How did they fail to spellcheck that?

Yes, we're nitpicking, but these are just the ones from Lamborghini.

In GT5, the Audi R10 has a 6-speed gearbox, the real one had 5 gears.

Significantly incorrect performance:

1998 Mini Cooper 1.3
GT5: ~108 mph / 0-60 mph ~16 seconds
Real: 94 mph / 0-60 mph 12.2 seconds

Big difference!

great idea to have this all in one place. lets hope PD look at this thread sometime, it's been around for ages, so they really ought to...

PD lists the ruf 3400s weight distribution as 54/46 Front/Rear. it's a MR layout and you'd think the distribution is rear-biased. online specs for the porsche boxster show it at 46/54. so it looks like PD reversed them.

PD lists the ruf 3400s weight distribution as 54/46 Front/Rear. it's a MR layout and you'd think the distribution is rear-biased. online specs for the porsche boxster show it at 46/54. so it looks like PD reversed them.
Kind of same for the Saleen S7. It's a MR car but has a weight distribution of 52:48 in game. Actually, it's supposed to have a distribution of 40:60 in real life so they inserted completely wrong numbers.

Nissan Leaf: 1520 KG in game, 1521 KG in real life
Ferrari F40: 1352 KG in game, 1100 KG in real life

It appears the Premium Mustang's weight distrobution is incorrect. The game shows 65% front, while I have found sources with ~53-55%. One of which was wiki where it is stated in a comparison between the GT and the GT500 which is at ~57%.

Back