GTP_WRS Week 52 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 105 comments
Thanks for verifying my lap is clean 👍

As for using my mysteron71 account I have discussed this matter with Kevin a few months back... I've had 4 fat PS3's over the last 5 years that have died with red light of death and everytime I have lost all my cars all my log in details etc... everything from all my 4 accounts on more than 1 occasion.

The mysteron71 account is the first account I created when I first got a PS3 in 2007 and by fluke I found an old early GT5 save on my wifes PS3 with a handful of decent cars, I transferred it to my new slim PS3 and started from there!
I have been using the same account since I started back on the WRS roughly 3 months ago, I now have a garage with about 40 - 50 cars and 4.5 mill in the bank, I don't want to complete the game again and only want to take part in the odd race and will buy cars for the ones I fancy or just jump in an arcade car and off I go 👍
I have no time or patience to do it all again for the umpteenth time unfortunately.

I have been racing the GT series and uploading replays on this forum since 2001 so I'm pretty sure people know who I am by now and can forgive me for not having the GTP tag in my account... but as I said earlier I have hundreds of GT5 hours on several accounts just vanish like thin air and i'm too old and grumpy to do it all and lose it all again :indiff:

If I'm red flagged here then best red flag all my previous weeks also (as I ran them also using the same mysteron71 account) and I will regretfully drop out of the WRS for good, I put plenty of hours into this combo and I don't really deserve a red flagged lap due to my psn name missing 3 letters imo! as said in previous posts the GTP tag is assurance for others that you race fair and clean... I have proven myself on many occasions over 11 years methinks :)

I will leave it with the Admins to decide but I wont under any circumstance start another account fresh again but will fully understand if I'm required to exit the WRS due to standing my ground 👍 I hope it doesn't have to come to that :(

Posting this for the benefit of the registry, as I want to be sure everyone understands what the thought process was on this.

I agreed to let Ron run with his non-tagged account several weeks back, at the time he lost his save and did not have another account.

I would extend the same temporary courtesy to any member in the same hardship situation.

After this week's revelation and the potential DQ, I've had a follow up conversation with Ron, and he has already created a new GTP_Tag account that he will use for WRS events going forward.

In the mean time, we are giving this week's lap the green flag, and his other laps run during this time will stand.

Ron has been around since the very first WRS race, 9 years ago this week, and we intend to have him around for the 9th anniversary race that will be posted up this weekend. Please offer your congratulations to him on this accomplishment, and we only wish his new tag was GTP_Mr_WRS. ;)

3---1'32.219---GTP_Mysteron
user118395pic1573412914.gif

EDK
Posting this for the benefit of the registry, as I want to be sure everyone understands what the thought process was on this.

I agreed to let Ron run with his non-tagged account several weeks back, at the time he lost his save and did not have another account.

I would extend the same temporary courtesy to any member in the same hardship situation.

After this week's revelation and the potential DQ, I've had a follow up conversation with Ron, and he has already created a new GTP_Tag account that he will use for WRS events going forward.

In the mean time, we are giving this week's lap the green flag, and his other laps run during this time will stand.

Ron has been around since the very first WRS race, 9 years ago this week, and we intend to have him around for the 9th anniversary race that will be posted up this weekend. Please offer your congratulations to him on this accomplishment, and we only wish his new tag was GTP_Mr_WRS. ;)

I dunno if I'm the only one here who thinks this (and I hardly know the guy), but this reminds me a lot of when Nelson Mandela got free'd from jail.

Justice has been served (By which I mean him getting free'd and not being kept in their) and he hasn't been penalised 👍 :gtplanet:

EDK

👍 Thanks for helping Ron out Kev :)

Looking forward to 9th anniversary race :sly:

I was just looking at the very first WRS results yesterday.
Saw you in there Kelly.
I'd say, Welcome back! :gtpflag:

Thanks for the help Kev and the background WRS officials! 👍 much appreciated chaps :cheers:

This will be my new GTP tag from now on or until this PS3 curls it's toes up like it's predecessors :lol:

GTP_Mr_P

9 years of WRS is pretty awesome! here's to many more :cheers:

Congratulations Ron!! :cheers:

I'm glad that got worked out. 👍

And nice to see you back, Kelly. 👍

Congratulations to all podium finishers:sly:
here is my replay

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL002.rar
    273.2 KB · Views: 11
Does nobody want to check my replay?
The lap isn't that bad.. :dopey:

1---1'33.165---GTP_Lou8ball

8---1'34.333---GTP_Shlagemz

13--1'35.540---GTP_Masquerada (Everything correct but the time. The time in the replay is 1'35.405 so I guess it's a small typo).
12--1'35.313---GTP_v8power
rflagnv1.gif
(I'll upload pictures later; it's really close).

2 pictures of the 2nd kink in the first sector.

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

Last edited:
1---1'31.990---GTP_w-g-e

Very nice blind cornering Wesley. 👍
First 2 turns , just 2 wheels on rumble , I don't know how you pulled that off on the hill to be honest.
I got almost every time the red timer/flag there. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice blind cornering Wesley. 👍
First 2 turns , just 2 wheels on rumble , I don't know how you pulled that off on the hill to be honest.
I got almost every time the red timer/flag there. :D
Thanks Pekka.👍

I got a lot of red timed laps as well but that's what needed to be done for a 17.XXX first sector.

Back