GT5's >MISSING< Tracks & Circuits [Moving on to GT6]

-> ...
Does anyone actually like the NASCAR layout? I mean for those wanting the authentic NASCAR experience I don't mind it there ... but :yuck: It has nothing on the sports car layout.
Didn't the PSP GT have Infineon but cut the NASCAR layout?
^ To be honest, I'm on the middle here. I like more variety of race tracks in GT5. But this is a must for NASCAR fans.

-> Yes. On GTPSP, only the Sport Car/SCCA course was the sole configuration of Infineon/Sears Point.

I like Tahiti maze
^ Take note there were two Tahiti Mazes:

Tahiti Maze '90s from GT2

Tahiti Maze '00s from GT3, GTC, GT4, & GTPSP

;)

-> Heres what I've found on that 90° banked wall on Route X thread, here are some more shots of the Driving Park: Route X:

SpecialStageRouteX_29.jpg

©banginspl

SpecialStageRouteX_27.jpg

©banginspl

^ Special credit to banginspl for these images! 👍

^ Huh!? :confused:

-> Thanks for the heads up White! Will contact Xenn for closing his Youtube account...

UPDATE -> Xenn replied to me thru PM and he is re-uploading all his vids under a new username in Youtube. So for now the links are hollow/not working. :indiff:

Tracks from the OP list that NEED to be added to GT5:

Apricot Hill
Cathedral Rocks
Valencia
Driving Park Motorland
El Capitan
George V Paris
Grand Canyon
Hong Kong
Infineon
Mid Field
Opera Paris
Seoul
Suzuka West
Twin Ring Motegi (All configurations)
Seattle
Chamonix Lake Side

-> ...
OK.

I realized after I posted the message that if it was Xenn he probably took them down because of ACTA.
^ Ugh, these ACTASOPAPIPA are so...ugh! :indiff: :grumpy:

Apricot Hill
Cathedral Rocks
Valencia
Driving Park Motorland
El Capitan
George V Paris
Grand Canyon
Hong Kong
Infineon
Mid Field
Opera Paris
Seoul
Suzuka West
Seattle
Chamonix Lake Side
^ GT4/GTPSP much? I feel ya! ;)

^ Just let him be, obviously he hasn't played GT2 yet. So its still equal bro-fist factor. :sly:

Last edited:
^ The track may look funny (or stupid). But it was inspired from a real test track, look back a page and see! ;)

-> ...

That 90° banked wall on Route X reminds me a lot on Rollcage stage 2
^ With enough velosity I can't wait to go full vertical on my Digi-S2K on that DPRX! :dopey:

Rollcage, Now that is a game I havent thought about in a long time! Awesome.
^ If done wrong (in real life), it'll be a one big owwie! :ouch:

Never played GTPSP, but I played the living hell out of GT4 :)
^ So how or when did you drive Valencia if you never played GTPSP? Tourist Trophy perhaps? :boggled:

Also, that End Lake track (basically a horribly uneven circle for those who didn't watch) reminds me of the old days, with replacement tracks for NFS High Stakes on the PC.

What's with all the layouts they never used anyway?

Also, that End Lake track (basically a horribly uneven circle for those who didn't watch) reminds me of the old days, with replacement tracks for NFS High Stakes on the PC.

I think it's due to the manufactures. It only takes one "no" for a "blahblah" car in a "blahblah" track for the track to be removed. Imagine this...

IF Senna's McLaren was in the game, I don't think we would ever see Imola. And vice-versa. For obvious reasons of course. You get were I'm going with this? 👍

Other times, they model a layout of a track, and move on to the next track, since the track is already featured in the game, they dedicate more time on a different track.

I mean something like that Laguna Springs Lake whateverwhateverwhatever track in the OP. The one where the video author was racing a yellow Corvette. That looks like it could have been quite interesting given the right scenery, like a faster Motor Sports Land. Then they could have used those two for the K-car Cup.

Apricot Hill
Cathedral Rocks
Valencia
Driving Park Motorland
El Capitan
George V Paris
Grand Canyon
Hong Kong
Infineon
Mid Field
Opera Paris
Seoul
Suzuka West
Seattle
Chamonix Lake Side

You forgot Complex String from GT3 :( !

^ So how or when did you drive Valencia if you never played GTPSP? Tourist Trophy perhaps? :boggled:

Yeah I played it on Tourist Trophy, and almost every other sim ever lol. I play a lot of GTR2, rFactor, etc so I know the track pretty well.

On a side note, where in Vegas are you from? I lived there for about 3 years after I graduated high school. I used to work for Shelby Automobiles out at the speedway. I had an apartment about a mile off the strip at Spring Mountain and Twain.

You forgot Complex String from GT3 :( !

Ah yes, Complex String as well!

I came onboard the GT-train with GT5 over a year again and I really would love to see DLC bringing more tracks to the game as I've played it a lot. I do not know the old tracks as I haven't ever played previous games, but some them look really lovely and fun. Would love to see some of the real F1-tracks in the game, too. Just give us new tracks!

I think this track has not been mentioned yet:

Gran Turismo HD Concept BETA version had a slighty different Eiger Nordwand. More info here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239402

First section without jump looks cool :)
Last section after tunnel looks worse, but its very interesting how much they fiddle with track layout in developing. Im wondering how other made up tracks looked like before they finished them.

Last edited:
LONG POST WARNING -> Since the sun is rising here in Vegas, I will edit the OP once I wake up.

^ Back in GT1, I honestly don't know since there was only one track that was left out.

-> On GT2 on the other hand, that was a very different situation. There was a story that GT2 was a rushed game, so it was needed to be released just in time for the holiday season back in 1999 in the US. (Given with many glicthes, missing cars, & missing tracks.) :indiff:

I think it's due to the manufactures. It only takes one "no" for a "blahblah" car in a "blahblah" track for the track to be removed. Imagine this...

IF Senna's McLaren was in the game, I don't think we would ever see Imola. And vice-versa. For obvious reasons of course. You get were I'm going with this? 👍
^ So meaning to say that there is no way the Imola will be featured in GT just because of these (un-licensed) cars?

-POLYPHONY DIGITAL- (from GT3)
Polyphony F090/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '90 [R]
Polyphony F094/S (F1, Williams, Senna) '94 [R]
Polyphony F687/S (F1, Lotus, Senna) '87 [R]
Polyphony F688/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '88 [R]

^ Got it from the Missing Car thread. ;)

Other times, they model a layout of a track, and move on to the next track, since the track is already featured in the game, they dedicate more time on a different track.
^ That wasn't the case when PD was creating GT4/TT back then.

Infineon/Sears Point = 3 layouts total [SCCA/Sport Car, NASCAR/Stock Car, & AMA/Bike]
Twin Ring Motegi = 4 layouts [East, West, Road, & Speedway)
Fuji Speedway = 4 layouts ['80s, '90s, F, & GT]
Suzuka Circuit = 5 layouts [East, West, West-Bike, Circuit, & Circuit-Bike]

^ You get the idea. ;)

I mean something like that Laguna Springs Lake whateverwhateverwhatever track in the OP. The one where the video author was racing a yellow Corvette. That looks like it could have been quite interesting given the right scenery, like a faster Motor Sports Land. Then they could have used those two for the K-car Cup.
^ It could be a very interesting drfit track too, along for being a decent kart track for the 125cc category and/or some feisty Kei-car battle! :dopey:

Yeah I played it on Tourist Trophy, and almost every other sim ever lol.
^ Nice! 👍

On a side note, where in Vegas are you from? I lived there for about 3 years after I graduated high school. I used to work for Shelby Automobiles out at the speedway. I had an apartment about a mile off the strip at Spring Mountain and Twain.
OT -> I live by Charleston & Rainbow by CSN. And one of my close friends also work at Shelby, he just built a Super Snake for one of their clients! lol

I think this track has not been mentioned yet:

^ Hmm, heres what I come up with:

Eiger Trail = GTHD Beta
Eiger Path = GTHD
Eiger Nordwand = GT5P & GT5

:)

I came onboard the GT-train with GT5 over a year again and I really would love to see DLC bringing more tracks to the game as I've played it a lot. I do not know the old tracks as I haven't ever played previous games, but some them look really lovely and fun. Would love to see some of the real F1-tracks in the game, too. Just give us new tracks!
-> You've missed a lot skipping these lovely tracks. I highly recommend for you to play past GT games! 👍

-> New tracks would be good. But to enchance the gaming experience in GT without crushing the budget, returning ALL of these tracks back is a definite must!!!

BT -> And last but not the least, heres a post that made my mind blown:

SSR11 '90s + R34 Skyine GT-R = What does that mean?

THE LEGENDARY SSR11 '90s WAS ON GT2!!!!

It also looks like SSR11 was meant to be in

gt2_screen261.jpg

gt2_screen262.jpg

gt2_screen259.jpg

gt2_screen257.jpg
^ More images:

gt2_790screen247.jpg

gt2_790screen254.jpg

gt2_790screen246.jpg

^ I screemed like a Justin Bieber fan when I saw this. :eek:

-> I cannot believe I overlooked these images when GT2 was released!!! :ouch: :scared: :indiff:

Last edited:
Yes, we discused these images in GT2 forum. Clearly its the early development, since the R34 has GT1 tyre texture and it its suspension is much more GT1 like.
Maybe the GT2 was a little bit more demanding in psOne graphic power or memory, so they must left it for GT3.. But as you said, GT2 was rushed, so everything is possible.
Maybe they didnt have enough space on CD ?

LONG POST -> As long as Xenn uploaded everything in Youtube, I will update the list. :)

Yes, we discused these images in GT2 forum. Clearly its the early development, since the R34 has GT1 tyre texture and it its suspension is much more GT1 like.
^ Hmm, I wonder if those guys with the most GT series collection can help me out...

=Posted HERE=

-> It does look GT1 if you look closely with none of the GT2 banners were present. But its nothing new, GT4 does this too. :)

Maybe the GT2 was a little bit more demanding in psOne graphic power or memory, so they must left it for GT3..
^ The problem is that the SSR11 in GT3 (hence '00s) is completely different compared to the one featured in GT1 ('90s). The layout, background, & the complete 🤬 is different!

SSR11 '90s vs. SSR11 '00s
ssr11_165x168.gif
ssr11_165x168.gif

:grumpy:

Maybe they didnt have enough space on CD ?
-> Not necessarily the case, GT2 had more than enough. PD didn't distribute the two discs very well on which the Arcade Disc had TONS of space to implement extra features (ie. Event Generator feature from Disc 2). :indiff:

But as you said, GT2 was rushed, so everything is possible.
^ What if GT2 was given another year of development time? It would change EVERYTHING!!! :drool:

When I saw the GTHD Eiger Beta, I was thinking. What if we connect the Beta layout to the existing K Trail to make "Eiger Special Stage Rally"?

«WARNING» Long confusing post coming up. :D

^ So meaning to say that there is no way the Imola will be featured in GT just because of these (un-licensed) cars?

-POLYPHONY DIGITAL- (from GT3)
Polyphony F090/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '90 [R]
Polyphony F094/S (F1, Williams, Senna) '94 [R]
Polyphony F687/S (F1, Lotus, Senna) '87 [R]
Polyphony F688/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '88 [R]

^ Got it from the Missing Car thread.

That could be true, but then again, while the bodywork of the car resembles to the real McLaren, it's still a PD creation.
But if you look at the more recent GT games, they became more, and more "legal". Meaning, in GT3 I remember rally cars having the emblem of their rally that they took pictures from. The Mitsubishi EVO. VI has "TAP Rally de Portugal" over the number 7 (Tommi Makinen).
Then in GT4, that was replaced by a blank space, while the more recent rally cars had one of the recent rally tracks emblems on it (Grand Canyon and etc). Makes me think that they sort of used that without even bothering with getting licences from WRC and rally organizers. As long the car has it, the licence corves it...I think. :dunce:

If Imola is featured in future DLC/GT games along with a Williams car, within the same week we would be spammed with hundreds of video clips of people trying to recreate Senna's horrible crash...to avoid that, this car/track combination can never be featured.

As for those Formula cars in GT3 (love them by the way) I doubt they'll ever be back (not saying never, just less likely). Because when I look at them I think the body work was "stolen" from the real cars, and PD just did some minor liveries changes. :D Thing is, they aren't un-official, but they aren't official either, get it? :dopey:

^ That wasn't the case when PD was creating GT4/TT back then.

Infineon/Sears Point = 3 layouts total [SCCA/Sport Car, NASCAR/Stock Car, & AMA/Bike]
Twin Ring Motegi = 4 layouts [East, West, Road, & Speedway)
Fuji Speedway = 4 layouts ['80s, '90s, F, & GT]
Suzuka Circuit = 5 layouts [East, West, West-Bike, Circuit, & Circuit-Bike]

^ You get the idea. ;)

That is very true. Something went horribly wrong with GT5, (and I think we'll never know what exactly) whatever it was, it certainly handicapped GT5 badly. :crazy:

=========================================================

Basically GT2 was an upgrade from GT1. Same for GT3. It was not until GT4 that they got really cracking some heads and worked at full blast the entire time.:eek:
I can't see why SSR11 wasn't in GT2, but at least made it to GT3 without that mean chicane.:dopey:

With that said, carry one with your excellent work, I may not post much, but I do appreciate the work of others.
I back up your theory of SSRX, did some research myself and everything you say checks out.

I must point out one thing though. That super duper banked corner has warning signs on the top (and I'm not talking about the "end of cant"), you can't read them because you can only see the back, but it has the same texture and 3D model as the pit sings.

Another thing, this might be silly, but I'd like to see what you think of it.
The original banked corner (that connects these sections), when driving normally, I noticed a big structure that covers the entire right side of the track. From when you leave the tunnel (satellite dishes), until you reach the pit area. This might be a service access road. ;)

The start/finish area has in total 4 open lanes for roads, and other two, in total 6 lanes/tunnels all numbered. The last two (5 and 6) don't seam to have anything in it, which makes me think this area might have been an old docking bay for boats to perform repairs. Get what I mean? :)👍

Also, some of the roads don't even connect to anywhere, they just...end.:confused:

=========================================================

As for the Eiger tracks, I believe that was the way of PD developing that track. It certainly started as a rally track, but then in Prologue there was no rally cars, so...what to do with it? Make it work both way! :dopey: So it still works as a rally track, while you can drive a formula and GT cars on it. 👍

Hope I made myself clear enough. :dopey:
Have a good day, and keep your great work!
P.S....that's the best avatar that I see you using for some time, what have you done to Rei!? XD

Last edited:
UPDATE -> Xenn hasn't uploaded all the vids that were deleted from his previous account. So I'll be still waiting for these uploads so I can update the list thouroughly! ;)

WARNING Very Long Reply -> I apologize for the very late delay as days in real life take a toll on me... :indiff:

«WARNING» Long confusing post coming up. :D
^ Bring it on! :sly:

When I saw the GTHD Eiger Beta, I was thinking. What if we connect the Beta layout to the existing K Trail to make "Eiger Special Stage Rally"?
^ Unfortunately, the K Trail is somewhat configured to the 'Nordwand' configuration compared to the 'Path' (GTHD) and 'Trail' (GTHD Beta) versions. Just look at the track design of 'Nordwand' As I found out on the Loeb Challenge on YouTube. ;)

-> The problem lies similar to Clubman/Special Stage Route 5 between the '90s and the '10s verson connecting to SSR11 and SSR7.

Here was my 1st reply

And my 2nd reply

:)

As for the Eiger tracks, I believe that was the way of PD developing that track. It certainly started as a rally track, but then in Prologue there was no rally cars, so...what to do with it? Make it work both way! :dopey:
^ Actually according to the GT5P video, the Eiger isn't accessable by car. So PD did its magic by turing from a walking (hiking) path into a road/rally course. ;)

So it still works as a rally track, while you can drive a formula and GT cars on it. 👍
^ Yeah, just like this >MISSING< track:

Grand Canyon Road {Action Replay Max code track} (fate: never 'existed')
grand_canyon_road_165x168.gif

:indiff:

That could be true, but then again, while the bodywork of the car resembles to the real McLaren, it's still a PD creation.
But if you look at the more recent GT games, they became more, and more "legal". Meaning, in GT3 I remember rally cars having the emblem of their rally that they took pictures from. The Mitsubishi EVO. VI has "TAP Rally de Portugal" over the number 7 (Tommi Makinen).
Then in GT4, that was replaced by a blank space, while the more recent rally cars had one of the recent rally tracks emblems on it (Grand Canyon and etc). Makes me think that they sort of used that without even bothering with getting licences from WRC and rally organizers. As long the car has it, the licence corves it...I think. :dunce:
^ Sure PD (or otherwise T10) will find some loopholes to counteract some licensing on certain companies (ie. Tobacco & Liquor). One way to do it is either leaving it blank, or replace it with a relevant logo/product placement. Just look at Tsukuba (by the 2nd hairpin, PD/GT logos deleted on FM4) between FM4 and GT5 or even the Peugeot 908 (PS logos deleted on FM4).

-> But PD is more lienient to the matter (Konami logos on Fuji or Suzuka & Sammy logos at Fuji), unless someone reacts to it (Piazza Track). :indiff:

If Imola is featured in future DLC/GT games along with a Williams car, within the same week we would be spammed with hundreds of video clips of people trying to recreate Senna's horrible crash...to avoid that, this car/track combination can never be featured.
^ The problem lies with the 'authenticity crowd' sure, a percentage of people will be offended, but core gamers would like Imola to be included.

-> IF EVER the Polyphony F094/S AND Imola was featued in GT at the same time. Most likey the Imola that will be be featured in GT will be the most recent configuration and not the 1994-spec on when Senna was killed, since Imola was extensively redone after that incident. :)

+I'm getting off-topic here!!!+ :scared:

As for those Formula cars in GT3 (love them by the way) I doubt they'll ever be back (not saying never, just less likely). Because when I look at them I think the body work was "stolen" from the real cars, and PD just did some minor liveries changes. :D Thing is, they aren't un-official, but they aren't official either, get it? :dopey:
^ PD did the same tactic way before GT3 while they were a peanut of a company.

-> Remember this car on GT1?

883.jpg

^ Sure its now called the Spoon Civic Type-R, but when GT1 was released it was called the Honda Civic (Type-R) RACER or Honda EK Civic Type-R in JDM-land.

-> PD will likely return those GT3 F1's. PD wasn't lambasted with lawsuits when GT3 was released, and surely will do the same in GT5 or GT6. :)

+Now I'm WAAAAYYYYYYY off-topic!!!+ :ouch:

That is very true. Something went horribly wrong with GT5, (and I think we'll never know what exactly) whatever it was, it certainly handicapped GT5 badly. :crazy:
^ Now this is a mystery that those zombies at PD only knows the reason why they keep on chopping these REAL tracks... :indiff:

Basically GT2 was an upgrade from GT1. Same for GT3. It was not until GT4 that they got really cracking some heads and worked at full blast the entire time.:eek:
I can't see why SSR11 wasn't in GT2, but at least made it to GT3 without that mean chicane.:dopey:
^ I do know that GT2 was made by GT1's archetecture (with worse graphics IMHO). I just cannot see why they ax'ed SSR11 '90s on GT2, its just one track! ITS JUST ONE FREAKING DAMN TRACK!!!!!!

Why PD, why!!!!!
why-u-no-guy-meme.gif

:( :( :(

I must point out one thing though. That super duper banked corner has warning signs on the top (and I'm not talking about the "end of cant"), you can't read them because you can only see the back, but it has the same texture and 3D model as the pit sings.

Another thing, this might be silly, but I'd like to see what you think of it.
The original banked corner (that connects these sections), when driving normally, I noticed a big structure that covers the entire right side of the track. From when you leave the tunnel (satellite dishes), until you reach the pit area. This might be a service access road. ;)

The start/finish area has in total 4 open lanes for roads, and other two, in total 6 lanes/tunnels all numbered. The last two (5 and 6) don't seam to have anything in it, which makes me think this area might have been an old docking bay for boats to perform repairs. Get what I mean? :)👍

Also, some of the roads don't even connect to anywhere, they just...end.:confused:
^ I haven' popped my GT5 back in as of the moment, I will get back to you on that one so I can come up of a conclusion! 👍

With that said, carry one with your excellent work, I may not post much, but I do appreciate the work of others.
I back up your theory of SSRX, did some research myself and everything you say checks out.

Hope I made myself clear enough. :dopey:
Have a good day, and keep your great work!
^ Sure no problem! I'm glad I have some support on my on-going crusade! :)

P.S....that's the best avatar that I see you using for some time, what have you done to Rei!? XD
^ Thanks! I picked it up at the (The General) Anime Thread here in GTP. I also have the Ranka Lee (from Macross F) version too! :sly:

Back