GTR > Gran Turismo Reviews > Scion FR-S

• Thread starter uMadson?
  • 411 comments
You go and bug the eyeballs out of uMadson. :P And then you get typing before I explode.

Oh you. :lol:

Yes, senor Skython, G.T.R welcomes reviewers, whether part-time or full-time. Onboi's my second-in-command so when I'm absent, everything's on him. :lol:

We have no reviews at the moment, but I'll leave a fun fact here:

Lamborghinis were made in the Bologna, the place that makes my favorite style of pasta.

Last edited:
G.T.R Lamborghini Special-

The Finale

Ah…the Swiss Alps. This is a nice place, a nice twisty spaghetti of tarmac, a nice mix of nature and man, all that load of cheesy tosh. It’s a nice place for a holiday, but that’s not why I’m here. No, weird though it seems, I’m on a mission. You see, with the previous two reviews Apokalipse and uMadson? wrote, while they were very good black and white, clear cut reviews of Lamborghini, it’s hardly what you’d call a tribute, is it? Well I’m here to set things right. How? Like this, of course.

Done? Good. Yes, I cringed at the ending too, poor Miura. :( And in case you were wondering, no, I'm not going to do a tribute to Lamborghini by getting the Mafia to kill me. But anyway, the Swiss Alps, a nice day, empty road…I've donned my shades and have with me a nice and expensive cigar, so all we need now, is one of these!

A Lamborghini Miura. The heart and soul of the raging bulls. The original V12 monster that made Lamborghini what it is today. A byword for pantomime and passion, excitement and extreme lunacy. This was said to do 180mph back in the day. 180mph! That’s faster than some of the performance cars produced today! And that was in the 1960’s! I mean…if that isn’t something mildly shocking, I don’t know what is.

Actually, I do know what is. The styling. Just look at this thing. My photography skills still don’t do it justice, and nor does the rather rubbish surroundings, to be honest. And the colour on this borrowed one isn’t very nice to look at. But god…this doesn’t look half bad anyway, does it? That’s the 60’s for you. Cars like the E-Type, the GT40, all that lot look stunning, didn’t they? But then you get to this. Look at it, that flowing profile, uninterrupted by the wings and cuts and holes that modern Lamborghinis bear. This is just pure italian design, forget Ferrari and their ugly mules, this is what an Italian supercar should look like. Graceful and beautiful enough to bring you to your knees, or, in the case of the Countach, mad enough to bring out the child in you.

But then, that’s what Lamborghini is good at doing. Why else will they exist, had it not been for their love of lunacy? Well, I can tell you one thing, the noise is definitely a factor. Though not as impressive as a modern SV’s V12, this isn’t bad at all. It sounds…old school. And it feels old school to drive.

Of course, being nearly half a century old, this isn’t the best thing in the world to drive. The brakes feel…a tad insecure, to say the least. And the tyres are ridiculously narrow for something with 350hp, but apart from that, it’s actually not that bad. It’s lively sometimes, yes, but always well mannered. It's as simple and back to basics as a car can get without turning off the ABS. You drive this and see what rather old people like Clarkson or James May mean by "You just don't get this feel anymore these days" when they drive old cars. Cars just don't have this feel anymore. It's scary sometimes, yes, but because you're not going that fast, it only thrills you with the odd scare. This is a rare thing, an old car with no downforce, high power, that handles.

You know, in this modern age of technology and turbo V8s with carbon this and titanium that, you'd imagine cars like this with their old, natural V12s would be considered a bit outdated. Most cars built in the 60s like this car have been long forgotten, replaced by a more efficient, more tree-friendly variant which is also faster than the models that went before it. Cars of the 60s are mostly considered too slow and just a bit obsolete now. But the Miura is an exception to this rule. This old dog can still show the modern world a thing or two about style and speed. This is what makes Lamborghini what it is. They don't go along with the trends, and when they do, well, chances are, it's because they set it. And the Lamborghini Miura here, along with cars like the Countach the sadly missing LM002, are signs of this outgoing-ness that have defined them.

The MR supercar, you saw it here first.

Special thanks to VTiRoj for providing the Miura!

That Miura review shows it all. Beautiful, sleek and fast. Too bad it costs 20 million damm credits! Either way, that Italian Job intro (my fave movie, in fact) is the genesis of coolness. 'Nuff said.:drool:

That Miura review shows it all. Beautiful, sleek and fast. Too bad it costs 20 million damm credits! Either way, that Italian Job intro (my fave movie, in fact) is the genesis of coolness. 'Nuff said.:drool:

15 million. :P

Still the same story though :indiff:

Yea, lovely thing. It's actually 15,000,000 cr. though, you know. :lol:

Dammit Tree'd by Madboi! :ouch:

Actually I was going to plug the whole garage since we've nearly finished tuning all of the Jags.:drool:

Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider

Beauty is more than Skin Deep- Car of the Week review

The Alfa Spider, one of the many greats in Alfa's long and illustrious history. Just look at it first, take it all in. It’s definitely a very pretty thing, even with the rather outdated steelies and the not-so-fitting blue its in, but you can’t really put your finger on why. I mean, with the roof up as it is here, it’s got the profile of tall hat. And if I’m honest, from the distance, you’d have a pretty hard time telling its back from its front. But get past that, and you’d see that it really isn’t bad a looker at all. I find the rear view particularly attractive (no, not like that!), especially the rear three quarters of it. It just looks right.

But then, being Italian, it’s expected. And being from the 1960s, you’d also expect it to be out accelerated by a snail. Which happens. But that would be missing the point. This is a car for you to cruise into town and pose with. Sure, it’s very happy with being hurled into corners at speed and stick there, but it’s certainly not for blasting holes in the tarmac at several hundred miles an hour. It’s appeal is more subtle than that.

I mean, look at how at home it seems, cruising here in Monaco. And it is only cruising. The pictures are lying, it’s only doing the best part of 60mph, touching 100mph at the tunnels, being optimistic. But that’s still missing the point. This is a car you drive when you just simply do not care for going fast. Going 180+mph is fun in its own right, but so is this. Only here, you have no need to be scared of spinning, or crashing or any of that. The simple joy of cruising in one of the oldest classics in the game in a city with as much heritage as the car itself is a special one few will care enough to enjoy. And I am very glad I took the time out to do this, because now I know what the Top Gear boys (though more old fart Clarkson and May than Hammond) mean when they speak of an Alfa Romeo’s soul and passion.

This little Italian 50 year old MX5 just feels…right to drive. It feels very basic, it’s a nice and much needed break from the world of technology the cars of today embrace so much. So, as some people say with certain old cars, old school is the best school. And the Duetto is, in terms of driving feel, every bit as pure and undiluted as it is possible for a car to be. The beauty of a front engine, rear wheel drive Alfa Romeo is a joy that hardly ever fails to impress.

*Errrrrrk…Errrrrrrrrrkkkkkk*

Oh dammit. :ouch:

If uMadson? didn't take the review board down, you'd see that I've done it, but have hated it. :lol:

Ups , then Could you try the Blitz DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07 please ?

I never drove one since i got the GT5 and I would like to know what do you thinj.

Thanks

Could I request umm.... the Nissan GT-R '07 ?

He's a hater, don't request that to him. :P :lol:

If nobody else in the G.T.R crew gets dibs on that car then I'll do it... but it'll be at the bottom of the queue since I have other things in mind.

Besides, his R35 review was nothing but a rant :lol:

He's a hater, don't request that to him. :P :lol:

If nobody else in the G.T.R crew gets dibs on that car then I'll do it... but it'll be at the bottom of the queue since I have other things in mind.

Besides, his R35 review was nothing but a rant :lol:

I should make that my sig. :P "R35 Hater here!"

It was a rant before I sent it flying. :P And you hate that thing too, and you know it. Though I can't say the same for how I feel towards the R35 Super GT500 though…so that's one I might do.

Ah, the vintage poor reliability of Alfas. You gotta love that character.:) And, good review, by the way. Maybe one day, I'll be doing some reviews in this thread too.👍

If you ever want to, I'll be sure to leave you a spot. 👍 Don't rely on pictures though, you need a good 500 words for it to be long enough. :P

It was a rant before I sent it flying. :P And you hate that thing too, and you know it. Though I can't say the same for how I feel towards the R35 Super GT500 though…so that's one I might do.

Actually, I liked it. It's meh for me in overall driving experience but for its purpose and niche, it gets the job done well.

-----

Let me drop by for a news break before going to grandma's house.

I removed the "taking review requests" phrase in the title to give more space for the title. That doesn't mean that requests can't be taken anymore - we can still take requests but each of us have different review policies and we also have a "first reviewer to call dibs gets to review the car" rule among us G.T.R journalists.

That is all. Good evening everybody.

If you ever want to, I'll be sure to leave you a spot. 👍 Don't rely on pictures though, you need a good 500 words for it to be long enough. :P

I would just need more time for the review then.:) I would focus on the writing and leave the pics for the pros...:dopey:

... and OP is finally sorted. Finally, I can link to everything without any strange bugs/glitches.

Banner and reviewer profiles coming soon.

Nice Alfa review, but the joke at the end felt kinda cheap.

The Aluminum Gentleman: BMW M5 '08 (E60)

I think I have found my new love.

What we have here is my high school crush in automotive form. But why a near-2-ton block of aluminum instead of a Ferrari Testarossa? Or an RUF RT12? She isn't a fatty at all, and yet I used a rather large cruise ship to compare to her instead of something sleek and smooth. And why did I christen this with something related to the Dodge Coronet of the glorious muscle car era?

The eyes. The tantalizing eyes. Look at them. No wonder why infatuation starts with faces, rather than chests. Or hips. I noticed its innocent charm in the Spec 2.0 intro movie. The scene where it zips Route X along with its younger cousin, the E92 M3, when the track was still incomplete. The first thing that attracted me was the M5's headlamps- those angel eyes are complete with a pair of eyelashes! These eyes carry the charm this special lady brings along with her. And they look livelier than the Audi R8's futuristic LED eyebags, which makes the MAWD monster yawn and sleep in the middle of class.

I loved the M5 because of its simplicity too. It may look more mundane than the F10 M5, but that's what makes it special. Millions of people may be raving a lot about the F10, but I'm sorry. I prefer Chris Bangle's ideas. The F10 is too edgy for my tastes. It lacks the majestic aura related to the Jaguar S-type. It doesn't feel as romantic as seeing a lady in a dress waiting to dance with you. It's not fitting at all. The F10 does not make me come up with the beautiful girls I have met too.

The face looks a tad bulldog-ish, but it conveys the expression of Sam Fisher waiting for the opportunity to move to the next cover without being seen. The eyelashes should have made the Beemer look serious. It shoulda felt mellow, like its listening to Sade with its eyes closed. Still charming nonetheless.

The rear is where the grin's at. If the front has the angel eyes, the rear has angel wings embossed on the lamps! The rear fascia doesn't look cluttered at all too. There's another pair of eyelashes which have a definite function aside from convincing Forever Alone guy that he has got the girl of his dreams. There's a scarcity of badges, but who needs to drill a whole lot of them anyway. This isn't a JDM car, where long names and a bucket of badges does justice. This car means serious business, which is also said by the quadruple pipes hanging beneath the bumper. And to top it all off, stare at the whole countenance and you can see Angelina Jolie smiling back at you.

As we dive into the details, we can see just why do I think that this car look better than the F10. Just look at it. Contours and bulges aren't cheaply sketched out everywhere like paper being scattered with an electric fan. The E60's all simple. Much like my high school crush too, she doesn't go fancy-schmacy all the time. Its simplicity makes it look good in a variety of colors too. It looks good in Mafioso Black. It looks good on Extremely Girly Pink. It looks good in Very Plain Green, and even in Mundane Grey. Whatever color you throw in, it'll still stand out, all because of its simplistic exterior.

Get inside the car, you'll see for yourself the very definition of tidiness. You get to be greeted with leather seats, a sporty 3-spoke steering wheel with neatly and symmetrically laid out buttons on it, the ever-functional center console and easy to reach dials below the A/C along the center. You can see ///M logos on the meters and the steering wheel. They do mean something. They show you that you aren't in a run-of-the-mill 5-series sedan. They tell you that you have nearly 500 horsepower connected to a tub filled with F1 technology BMW gathered. Visibility is great too. The windshield doesn't seem to be a glass wall like those of the Evo's and Imprezas. They aren't as narrow as a pinky finger either. The meters only comprise of two circles: speedometer and tachometer. The engine temperature and the fuel gauge are housed in either of the two circles. That's a nice touch. Especially with the Calibri font.

You can have comfort at the rear too with extra A/C units. No wonder why Rebecca Black loves kicking in the back seat.

With these good looks, it's a good candidate for winning the American Idol. In fact, chances are Scotty McCreery couldn't have a chance against this Beemer. Slam the throttle, and you'll hear Nadia Ali humming inside the V10. It sounds like a Lamborghini, some of you will say. The fault isn't on PD. Well, not entirely, but just listen to this:

Not all cars need grunty V8's to be music to the ears. You don't need Skrillex to drop and screech a sample of XboxAhoy clearing his throat in order for a car to sound beastly. Well, brute roars from muscly engines do sound powerful but it isn't the only kind of noise that deserves being praise. Lamborghini has proven that, and so has the LFA's falsetto.

It's got the killer looks, it's got the angelic voice, and the last thing to be considered is its graceful dancing. It does well for a saloon. An average of 2:20 lap times over at Nurburging GP/F, which is on par with some sportscars. It responds to your inputs well. I have never seen any car weighing 2 tons handle this good. It's got 7 gears too - I was only asking for 6 but I got 7. Well, an extra gear is good, and that BMW has put a stadium full of effort in applying their F1 technology on this baby. It was worth it. 4.7 seconds for a 0-100 km/h time may be a little slouchy for today's standards, but it's a saloon. It reaches speeds above 200 mph too, which surpassed my expectations by leagues.

Step forward, and she'll step back. Step backwards, and she'll step forward. The Waltz, bro. Waltz. Slow and deliberate steps for a calm and elegant dance routine. This M5 is perfectly suited for that kind of dance. Slow and graceful. You can also fling the back end around if you want, as if you're spinning your partner round and round like a ballerina. It won't panic when you try to hold the drift. Which makes the dance an enjoyable experience.

The M5 is about poise, so you shouldn't push it around, thinking that you should do the cha-cha. You should know its limits. You can't just brake too late and hope for the best. After all, this car nears 2 tons. It's a German saloon, not some laid-back cheetah. It should be treated like a lady. Brake a little early, and be gentle with her hands, or rather, the pedals.

But seriously?! Driver's cars have a soul and they are meant to be used and abused! Mind you, for a car to have a soul, it should have some sort of connection with the driver. This case is a very special one. You have to treat this car like a lady. Which is why I want to compare the E60 M5 to the Dodge Coronet. Both cars are "gentlemen" in their own right. It is drop-dead gorgeous too without the use of excessive make-up, much like my high school crush. This car is a one-in-a-million. Cars don't have to be active to give a satisfying driving experience. Sometimes, you need to waltz with the finest of all lasses. Sometimes, you need to experience the feeling of being an aristocrat. This M5 is a perfect example. It provides comfort and relaxation if you want to treat it as a limousine, and if you want to rip the Nordschleife in half, this car gets the job done too. This is my dream BMW. This is everything I wanted from a BMW. Something simple, yet something unique. Thank you, Chris Bangle, for making my girl look like the Princess of Wales. And thank you, BMW, for giving me something like no other.

So…I take it someone's in love? But I'm sorry, but by saying the E60 resembles your crush…so you're telling me your crush weighs 2 tonnes and as a massive arse? :lol:

Back