GTR > Gran Turismo Reviews > Scion FR-S

• Thread starter uMadson?
  • 411 comments
Next time, notify me before posting that. :grumpy:

That's a decent review for a starter, and I'll leave you to Onboy123 so that you can write better than an automotive magazine editor. đź‘Ť

Now that I'm on vacation from school, I can have more time to write something longer and more decent. Sometimes I'm afraid my PC might lock up on me and I'm not able to write after that. :nervous:

And Onboy is my master now? Oh mighty master, teach me the ways! :dopey:

Now that I'm on vacation from school, I can have more time to write something longer and more decent. Sometimes I'm afraid my PC might lock up on me and I'm not able to write after that. :nervous:

And Onboy is my master now? Oh mighty master, teach me the ways! :dopey:

Yeah, well, he said he wanted to get his hands on you instead of me. Lurk at our past VM's then you'll know why :lol:

Just one note though, don't use oversized images. Resize your pictures to a resolution like 500x333. If you're too lazy to resize, then use Flickr. Trust me, you'll be amazed by how much space and bandwidth it saves.

Yeah, well, he said he wanted to get his hands on you instead of me. Lurk at our past VM's then you'll know why :lol:

Just one note though, don't use oversized images. Resize your pictures to a resolution like 500x333. If you're too lazy to resize, then use Flickr. Trust me, you'll be amazed by how much space and bandwidth it saves.

Thanks for the tips, I oughta resize to save on space and keep things neat. đź‘Ť And next time, I better warn people before doing anything... I hope the review pleased you, at least.

Great review Niku. Great review. :D:tup:

That tells other people that the ZR1 is the utlimate machine from Detroit that can play with the big boys like the 911 GT2, Skyline GTRs, Frearri 430 and 458 Itslia and many more. Even outruns the beast called the Viper ACR, and that's a monster.

Great review Niku. Great review. :D:tup:

That tells other people that the ZR1 is the utlimate machine from Detroit that can play with the big boys like the 911 GT2, Skyline GTRs, Frearri 430 and 458 Itslia and many more. Even outruns the beast called the Viper ACR, and that's a monster.

*coughcough* Really?

HmmÂ…I think not, at least, for me. Because it's always going to be beaten by the most legendary of the Blue Ovals. :D Which, incidentally, will be what features in the next review that we've got lined up.

*coughcough* Really?

HmmÂ…I think not, at least, for me. Because it's always going to be beaten by the most legendary of the Blue Ovals. :D Which, incidentally, will be what features in the next review that we've got lined up.

Blue Oval Purist. :P :lol:

Onboy123
*coughcough* Really?

Hmm…I think not, at least, for me. Because it's always going to be beaten by the most legendary of the Blue Ovals. :D Which, incidentally, will be what features in the next review that we've got lined up.

Yep really *cough*... Ahem. There we go! :lol:

The Ford GT is the beast, but as the mighty GT gotta watch Arburn Hills, Michigan. The ACR Viper is the monster to reckon with, espically the ACR-X:scared::mischievous:.

Nothing says beastry like a 8.4L OHV V10, TR500 6speed manual transmission WITHOUT traction aids. GO DCC!!! :D

So…you want me to drive a ACR with no aids?

challenge.jpg

^ Learn throttle control NAO

Hopefully you won't get as biased as C-ZETA when it comes to CT230R's... :lol: Anyway good job.

*ahem* He described it more passionately than I ever really go to.

And when it comes to tuned cars, this is the one thing me and C-ZETA agree on. HKS CT230R = best. :P

*ahem* This is correct.

What I mean is that your love for CT230R's won't reach C-ZETA level.

*ahem* From what I can tell it's about the same. And remember, the CT230R is NOT!!! my favourite car.

I loved it more than he does even before he knew about it.

*ahem* What the hell do you mean?

Oh, and

And driving it a year later, I’m left thinking “What the hell kind of drug was I using?” This thing seemed stubborn, unwilling to turn, heavy and understeery. It isn’t as nice to drive as I remember, may be the lack of the racing slicks, may be the result of recent updates, but it ‘s just…a bit of a disappointment to drive.

Upgrade to Spec 2. :)

^ Learn throttle control NAO

*ahem* He described it more passionately than I ever really go to.

*ahem* This is correct.

*ahem* From what I can tell it's about the same. And remember, the CT230R is NOT!!! my favourite car.

*ahem* What the hell do you mean?

*ahem* I'm not as butterfingered and lead footed as you remember. ;)

Anyway, you got a cold or something? Enough of the *ahem*'s already, it's contagious.

What I meant was I liked/loved the CT230R for longer than you have and more than you do. :P

We know it isn't your favourite car, but more your preferred tuner car, mirite?

Onboy123
So…you want me to drive a ACR with no aids?

Yep, can you take the heat, or how should we say...... Venom? :mischievous:đź‘Ť:P

uMadson?
*ahem* I absolutely hate virtual CT9A's but I love real-life CT9A's.

yeah I'm weird like that.

I like virtual, real life and scale model CT9A's.

I'm weirder than you bud.

i think the Zr1 is using a 6.2 liter supercharged engine, no? The Z06 had the 7 liter.

I guess thats why they called it the small block.

i think the Zr1 is using a 6.2 liter supercharged engine, no? The Z06 had the 7 liter.

I guess thats why they called it the small block.
Small block has nothing to do with the displacement of the engine, it refers to the length of the engine block. For years Detroit built V8 motors using fairly common dimensions for the size of the engine blocks. So you ended up with Long Block or Big Block engines that generally saw service in trucks though some were designed and built specifically for racing and muscle cars. And Short Block or Small block engines primarily designed and built for passenger cars though again some were used for light trucks SUVs. For a number of reasons there aren't as many Big Block motors being produced nowdays and classification as either Big Block or Small Block has gotten a bit murky but due to the roots of the basic engine design in the corvette they are still referred to as Small Block motors.

Author warning: This review may contain lots of hate and negative feelings towards a certain car. If you're somewhat sensible, avoid this at all costs. Thank you.

Eco-Nonsense: Toyota Prius G '09

HighSpeedRing_5.jpg

Meet my pet hate of GT5, the horribly bad Toyota Prius. A car with several reasons to hate, and none to love. This piece of s... I mean, this car in question is the '09 version, with Premium status. Like this thing deserves such treatment...

Ok, so let's start with the looks.... Eh... Yeah, it looks like something that is not interesting. At all. That can be a problem too. This thing is designed by a man that knows nothing about car design that looks good. It's shaped like the roof ornament of that Beer building in Tokyo, except that one is a tourist attraction, unlike this car. All for the sake of being "Ecological"... A stupid grill, a stupid middle, and a stupid rear end. That is the basics you should know about the Prius. A lot of "aerodynamic" goes into the rear, which in turn makes the rear look like it was sliced in half. And the front has a covered grill, which makes the car lighter and uglier. And then you realize that a Macca MP4 player has better aerodynamics.

HighSpeedRing.jpg

So, here we are at the High Speed Ring, to see how bad is the driving of this gruesome lie. Now, I want to tell you something. I don't want to brag, but I have driven just about everything there is to drive in the GT world. I was gobsmacked by the monster that is the R34 GT-R. I drifted mad Alpines. I cringed at the madness of the Cerbera Speed-12. I laughed at the bonkers Espace F1. I also drove small Kei-cars like the Honda Beat, and underrated sedans like the Nissan Primera 2.0. Good and bad cars, on equal terms. But nothing drives as bad as this car.

So, what is the worst thing in Prius "driving"? It's not the CVT gearbox, that requires zero effort from the driver, which leads to boring X-button mashing. It's not the horrendus "sound" that comes out the exhaust. Wait, I can't call this sound, it's audio pain! A constant drone sound that makes you wish this thing had one of those car sound thingies that make your small car sound like an Aston. (You know, speaking of which, I could be driving a DB9 now instead of this heap...) It's the corner handling.

HighSpeedRing_12.jpg

Allow me to demonstrate. Now, I'm approaching the first corner after the banking, at 190 KM\H. Yes, this puny eco piece of junk can hit 190. I'm as shocked as you are. So, since this thing is so damm slow, it should be a piece of cake driving around this corner, right?

After all, it doesn't pack much power. A huge heavy battery makes sure that the car wastes a lot of energy, but no fuel. And then, when you try to pick up "speed", a small fuel engine tries to bore you to death. And that in turn amps up the car's weight, which sure helps in driving...

HighSpeedRing_22.jpg

Wrong. Very wrong. This car is a horror movie on wheels. It has automatic oversteer, which means you will be struggling to drive 'round a track without working your steering like a pro-wrestler. You know what this reminds me of? Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. Why? Because this car handles like it had soap bars for wheels. It just keeps on slipping! I can't drive through the racing line without traveling at 30 Km\h. And that is as bad as I put it.

HighSpeedRing_42.jpg

Here is another example of the horrible handling. The S corners, a type of corner that any other can do with ease. Even a Macca F1 caused me less troubles than this heap!
Ok, now, we are going to have a race. You see, there is another problem with this car, the price. At 25.xxx credits, it’s not even cheap. Let’s just make a quick list of cars cheaper than this. All the Kei cars, the old Nissan Silvia, the FC RX-7, the Civic Type R. And when you can pick between a Prius and a Type-R, which one you pick?

… Thought so.

Either way, let's put this car to the test. Against another Toyota! The brand new Yaris\Vitz, more exactly. This example, however, is "modded", as in, it has a huge turbo and a outrageous paintjob. The Yaris is the cheapest Premium Toyota, but how does it stack up against the Prius?

HighSpeedRing_15.jpg

So, the two cars are prepared to go. The Yaris fires up the big turbo, while the Prius makes no sound whatsoever. But maybe the electric motor can give it a edge. I mean, didn't that give the Porsche 911 Hybrid a race victory? Well, the drivers are ready, so here we go!

HighSpeedRing_16.jpg

And we're off! Notice how the Prius actually can outrun the Yaris. It seems that the huge turbo is not yet working! The Prius may have a chance!

HighSpeedRing_17.jpg

Ah, well, the Yaris is getting away a bit. But it's not over yet!

HighSpeedRing_18.jpg

But disaster! The Yaris driver appears to be drunk! Oh, what a problem! This is a great chance for the Prius!

HighSpeedRing_19.jpg

Er... The Prius's horrible handling is getting in the way of a victory. But it's way too early to call it a day.

HighSpeedRing_20.jpg

Ouch, that is a bad entry line for the Yaris. Maybe now it's the time for the Eco-box to prove its worth.

HighSpeedRing_21.jpg

And the Prius screws up again. Well, there are a few corners left, maybe...

HighSpeedRing_22-1.jpg

Hey, the Prius is in attack distance! Perhaps now the powerful fuel engine can give the Prius the edge here!

HighSpeedRing_23.jpg

But the Yaris picks up speed. Oh, what a bad place for the Prius to be in... It's over now.

HighSpeedRing_24.jpg

So, there you go. This thing, unlike a R35, deserves to be hated. Because unlike a R35, this thing has no redeeming qualities. And it's not even eco. A diesel will cost you less and will polute less. The money you spend in this does not compensate the CO2 you save. So, you can pick this, a Fiat 500, a Honda Insight or a Spoon CR-Z. You know which one I pick... Now, where did I put my CR-Z keys?

Quick shout out to my brah Onboy for driving the Prius in the Duel. Cheers, man.

Last edited:
The Prius....

A overrated, boring, lame piece of 🤬 ever made in the world of automotive. :ill::yuck:

Kill it..... WITH FIRE!!!!! :mischievous:

Oh yeah, if anyone want to see some ugly versions of this junk. Head over to the Questionable Modifcations thread in the Automotuve section of GTPlanet. You won't believe your eyes.. :ill:

The Prius....

A overrated, boring, lame piece of 🤬 ever made in the world of automotive. :ill::yuck:

Kill it..... WITH FIRE!!!!! :mischievous:

OrÂ…with a Military Spec Dodge RAM with 700hp! :D

Too much fun was had on that day. :lol:

And if you're wondering why I haven't been driving the SRT10 ACRÂ…well, I can't find the right venue for itÂ…and I'm also scared that it'll throw me off the track backwards like it has done to me so many times beforeÂ…

Onboy123
Or…with a Military Spec Dodge RAM with 700hp! :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67602447@N03/6223636370/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/67602447@N03/6223116157/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/67602447@N03/6223636034/

Too much fun was had on that day. :lol:

And if you're wondering why I haven't been driving the SRT10 ACR…well, I can't find the right venue for it…and I'm also scared that it'll throw me off the track backwards like it has done to me so many times before…

AHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

The Prius is hated among the machines, even the CR-Z, Leaf and GT by Crtoren loathe it. :lol:

But the puny Prius fears a 1000+hp Viper ACR. That's the Prius worst nightmare. :mischievous::tup:z

Us car enthusiasts are actually in a cold war with the environmentalists, and while our weapons are 'vettes and Lambos, they attack us with cars like the Prius. :lol:

uMadson?
Us car enthusiasts are actually in a cold war with the environmentalists, and while our weapons are 'vettes and Lambos, they attack us with cars like the Prius. :lol:

And they know that the puny crap like the Prius can take on a Vette, Viper, Skyline GTR, Supra, Lambos, Ferarris, Ram 1500s, SS Silverados and the fleet of beasts.

MUAHAHAHA!!!!!

The Prius is so meh in almost every aspect that it's literally slap bang in the middle of average for me.

I really like the TC though. It has enough humor to it to make it more than worthwhile.

The Prius is so meh in almost every aspect that it's literally slap bang in the middle of average for me.

I really like the TC though. It has enough humor to it to make it more than worthwhile.

It's a vacuum cleaner with wings and 200+hpÂ…

Ergo, it's cool.

DK
Agreed. There's nothing like trolling a Clarkson Clone with a Prius TC. :lol:

You'd need to mute the TV when you do so though, the drone is horrendous. Which, unfortunately, means you can't hear his reaction on the mic. :lol:

NĂĽrburgring Nordschleife (all cars stock and in comfort medium):
Toyota Prius G '09 09:30.294
Lotus Elan S1 '62 09:30.359
Opel (Vauxhall) Tigra 1.6i '99 09:33.116
Volkswagen Newbeetle 2.0 '00 09:33.959

the car is ugly and definitively not my choice. It's not a Ferrari, but it doesn't handle that bad.

Please note, you may need to fix review:

gear is CVT, which was planned in F1 too, then banned when limited gearboxes to 7 speed: it isn't a 1-speed gear like the electrical cars.

Co2 emissions are under 100 g/km. This result can be achieved (I did a little research in italian market) only by a few engines:
- VW 1.6 R4 16v TDI CR 66-77kW and 1.2 R3 12v TDI 55kW;
- Fiat 1.3 JTD Multijet and 0.9 TwinAir Turbo (petrol!);
- Ford/PSA DLD-414 and 416;
- GM LNF on Fisker Karma (hybrid) <-- THAT'S A COOL HYBRID CAR;
- Hyundai Epsilon G4HC (petrol) and CRDi VGT;
- Nissan HR12DDR;
- Renault 1.5 dCi;
- Mitsubishi 3B21 (petrol);
- Mercedes-Benz OM660 (the one of the Smart D);
- Suzuki R06A (gas)
- Toyota 1KR-FE
it's enough better than a S class Mercedes, or an Elise :) and even lower than Insight and CRZ engines, but no one of these engines are at Toyota 2ZR-FXE level. If someone is Toyota 2ZR-FXE addicted then should consider to buy a Lexus CT, or a Toyota Auris. But as we know, these data are useless in environmental considerations, as CO2 pollution depends of animal and heating emissions :lol:

IMHO, the bad of the Prius level cars, is that cost a lot of money. Engine mpg isn't enough good to balance car cost. Technological efficiency but no money revenue đź‘Ž

Ah, I see. Dammit, must have been sleeping when I was editing his review&#8230;review will be edited accordingly.

As for the handling&#8230;well, it's so dull to drive that you wouldn't notice it anyway, but it's all just preference.

I'm don't know what I'm more surprised at though, that lap time or that you or someone else actually bothered to check. :lol: If you did that, huge respect to you, if only for not letting that woeful drone drive you nuts.

Ah, I see. Dammit, must have been sleeping when I was editing his reviewÂ…review will be edited accordingly.

As for the handlingÂ…well, it's so dull to drive that you wouldn't notice it anyway, but it's all just preference.

I'm don't know what I'm more surprised at though, that lap time or that you or someone else actually bothered to check. :lol: If you did that, huge respect to you, if only for not letting that woeful drone drive you nuts.

:lol: don't take that serious, but yes... I did that lap time. There is something special driving a car to see how it is bad... just to be surprised it isn't. Just saw a Top Gear comparation between modern street cars and historical racing cars. Modern streets were slightly better. So no need to blame how a Lotus Elan was slower than a... modern Prius :crazy: Suspension technology is much, much better with new cars... even for a Prius :yuck:

Back