Ferrari_458's Photomode Gallery - 2/1 - Single Shot Comeback

The question remains... can a Renault "Aheadoftime" Avantime (:P) lap our track faster than a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X..? No, but the set's still getting produced. :lol: Can't wait to see it. 👍

Avantime vs. Evo challenge! :lol:
Yep, got it in one :lol:
Like the 4th Swift shot, great job as usual!
Thanks a lot NB :D
Can't wait you should also do an evo set as a comparison​
I have done an Avantime, and Evo, and a set with them together :)
The question remains... can a Renault "Aheadoftime" Avantime (:P) lap our track faster than a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X..? No, but the set's still getting produced. :lol: Can't wait to see it. 👍
:lol: Yeah, when testing them, I was 15 seconds slower than the Evo... But yes, the set had been produced even so - ambitious, but hopefully not rubbish :sly:
BkS
Heh, T'is only a frenchy. :sly:
T'is :sly:

So, as jus guessed very quickly, this is the "Can we make an Avantime got faster than an Evo for a fraction of the cost" challenge :lol: Link to the videos are here and here (Part 1 and Part 2), but I think only for UK viewers as they are on the Top Gear website.. :nervous:

Anyway, enough of the talking, here is the set :)

Please click them all for lightbox

Please leave a comment with C&C :cheers:

Really, really nice update mate. Beautiful toning and colour balance as always.

Shot 8 just screams at me. I love that shot! Oh btw, it stands to reason that perhaps me being a TG Enthusiast.. quite literally, we should do a "VS" challenge photoshoot together? :dopey:

It has to be the fourth time or so I watched that challenge, and I must say, you make me want to watch it again!

I am liking the strong colours and contrasts. It is also nice to see that the camera angles vary - you give the viewer a better understanding of the action by doing this. 👍

Beautiful update! the number 8 is my favorite.
Thanks Adrian :D
SVX
Really, really nice update mate. Beautiful toning and colour balance as always.
Much appreciated SVX :)
You should've added a wing to the Avantime! :lol:

Amazing set! :drool:👍
Haha, I don't think they have an F1 wing available in the game like they fitted in the challenge :lol: and thanks :D
WOW WOW WOW

This set is stupidly good. I love the evo shots the most. Can't fault em!
Wow, thanks a lot matt, I much prefer the ones with the Evo in, the red contrasted the Avantime and the sky, and I hate working with standards... :lol:
BkS
Shot 8 just screams at me. I love that shot! Oh btw, it stands to reason that perhaps me being a TG Enthusiast.. quite literally, we should do a "VS" challenge photoshoot together? :dopey:
I was going to ask for some help with later shoots I have planned, which require more than just 2 cars, like challenges which involved all 3 presenters, I think a "vs" shoot would be great :D
It has to be the fourth time or so I watched that challenge, and I must say, you make me want to watch it again!
Haha, thanks slzk :cheers:
Love 'em! A red Evo X always does the job. ;)
It does work well ;)
#8 the best. 👍
I've tried this before, and it takes almost the price of another Avantime to beat the Evo. X.
Yeah, I must say #8 is my favourite as well, took a while getting the composition just right on that one.
I am liking the strong colours and contrasts. It is also nice to see that the camera angles vary - you give the viewer a better understanding of the action by doing this. 👍
Thanks Magic, I hate to produce monotonous sets, so I do try to vary the angles as much as possible :)

Wow, didn't expect that many comments :eek: Thanks a lot everyone who took the time to view and comment, much appreciated :D

Anyway, taking a break from Top Gear, here is my final Tournament entry, thrashed by RetroGiant by over 50 votes...

Could I maybe have some feedback on this, as next tournament, I would like to get past Round 1 :lol:

Its a decent enough shot, but honestly I think the angle is just bland. No real sense of speed, the low camera placement does provide much either. In my opinion shot number 4 would have definitely given me a run for my money. So really I think you had a decent enough set of shots, just simply chose the wrong one to enter, and trust me, it happens to us all.

What I really like about that picture are the saturated colours. The lighting is good and the shadows are accentuated, as well. On the other hand, I feel like the shutter speed was set too high - the car's motion is not easily perceptible, which further leads to the (road) blur not being as strong as the viewer would want it to be. Additionally, and that plays an important role in reference to the aforementioned aspect, the focal length could be improved, as well, since I, personally, would want the car to be more conspicuous (compared to the background; speaking of the background, I think that the green tones could have been stronger).

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm no expert but here's my two cents worth. Overall a very good shot with just a few minor 'problems'. As MR said the sense of speed could be a little more exaggerated, though at that angle even a 1/60 speed may not by enough and post editing motion blur would be required. Having the yellow tree behind the yellow car doesn't help the car to stand out and the bright over exposed patch of sky right behind with the bright exposure running along the car also causes it to just blend into the background a little too much. Pretty minor things really but in the tournament minor things matter.
Hope that helps. :)

Oh and btw, Avantime/Evo set - LOVE IT! 👍

It's a really good shot, but I don't know if the vignette was needed really. The colors and the sky look great. Maybe you should try a shot that's kinda thesame but standing still? Maybe it would look really nice. Keep experimenting. 👍

Its a decent enough shot, but honestly I think the angle is just bland. No real sense of speed, the low camera placement does provide much either. In my opinion shot number 4 would have definitely given me a run for my money. So really I think you had a decent enough set of shots, just simply chose the wrong one to enter, and trust me, it happens to us all.
Yeah, I have to say, once I'd entered this one, I regretted it straight away, so I should have thought about it a bit longer really. The main reason I entered this one to be perfectly honest, is that it took me the longest to edit, because I was trying to add a bit more speed, which didn't seem to work...
What I really like about that picture are the saturated colours. The lighting is good and the shadows are accentuated, as well. On the other hand, I feel like the shutter speed was set too high - the car's motion is not easily perceptible, which further leads to the (road) blur not being as strong as the viewer would want it to be. Additionally, and that plays an important role in reference to the aforementioned aspect, the focal length could be improved, as well, since I, personally, would want the car to be more conspicuous (compared to the background; speaking of the background, I think that the green tones could have been stronger).

Hope this helps. :)
The shutter speed was 1/60 secs :lol: I think the problem really was the speed of the car and the angle, which I could have altered. I sometimes do neglect focal lengths a bit and leave it on 4.0, if I'm being lazy, unless I want a certain look, and I think I may have done this here.
Well, I'm no expert but here's my two cents worth. Overall a very good shot with just a few minor 'problems'. As MR said the sense of speed could be a little more exaggerated, though at that angle even a 1/60 speed may not by enough and post editing motion blur would be required. Having the yellow tree behind the yellow car doesn't help the car to stand out and the bright over exposed patch of sky right behind with the bright exposure running along the car also causes it to just blend into the background a little too much. Pretty minor things really but in the tournament minor things matter.
Hope that helps. :)

Oh and btw, Avantime/Evo set - LOVE IT! 👍
I did add motion blur at one point, but I found that it looked really weird, so I undid that, but I guess I should have persevered a bit more with that :P Yeah, I suppose, looking at it a bit more, the car goes almost white in one place, and it doesn't stand out... I really should have picked a different one :lol:
Oh, and thanks about the Avantime vs Evo set :cheers:
It's a really good shot, but I don't know if the vignette was needed really. The colors and the sky look great. Maybe you should try a shot that's kinda thesame but standing still? Maybe it would look really nice. Keep experimenting. 👍
Thanks, I have kinda got into a habit now of vignetting everything really, which I do need to stop :P I think I may revisit this set in the future, and I may try one then - never really tried stationary shots on a track before..

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advice, I really appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to help me :cheers: I guess I made the wrong choice really, although RG's shot was excellent, so even so, I don't really think it would have made much difference :lol:

If I have any time tonight, I may try and start my next set in the Top Gear series, and may even have a preview up later if you're lucky :)

I'm loving doing these cryptic previews :lol:
Try and guess what Top Gear related set this will be from not one, but two previews :eek:

Track's easy, car is pretty impossible unless you really know your Top Gear :sly:

Also, I tried some slightly different editing on these, that I will use again in the set a bit I think - could I have some feedback on that :)

Jag S-Type at the "Ring challenge! 👍

Did you get 9:59 by any chance?

I cannot guess the Top Gear episode, but - looking at the second picture - I am sure that is the Jaguar S-Type R. :P

I know my Top Gear, and I know my Jag's. That's an S-Type R. :sly: 9.59 to beat 458. ;)

Jag S-Type at the "Ring challenge! 👍

Did you get 9:59 by any chance?
I cannot guess the Top Gear episode, but - looking at the second picture - I am sure that is the Jaguar S-Type R. :P
No raining?
It's such a coincidence that I share the same idea with you, only my shots are much worse than you :(
Jaguar S type D 9.59 challenge.

Looking forward to it
BkS
I know my Top Gear, and I know my Jag's. That's an S-Type R. :sly: 9.59 to beat 458. ;)
Yep, you're all too good at this :sly: I did considerably beat 9:59, because the one in the game is the R, not the D (only a slight difference :lol:) - I got a 7:50 ish IIRC, stock with racing softs, and I'm really no racer...
Now we need the Transit, nice Top Gear sets mate :tup
Yes, I want a van :lol:

Right, I am actually a bit disappointed with how this set came out in the end, I hate working with standards :yuck: Next set will definitely involve premiums :lol: Anyway, let's see if you like it anyway, and feedback is welcome more than usual on this one :) Oh and here are some links to videos of the challenge - Part 1 and Part 2

Top Gear Series - Part 3 - "Jaguar S-Type Round the 'Ring in less that 10 minutes" challenge

Oh, and here's a bonus - this is what I would habe made if I were in the stretched limousines challenge...

:lol:

Nice S-Type pictures!

And WTH is that last picture? A Midget Type II? :lol:

Love the S type pictures but hey whats with that Midget pic?

Plus you can make Jezza's Panda and Hammonds Mg, I think they are in the game, not sure!

Back