400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Ok, I've got my dilemma sorted, I think. Cykosis, you thought you saw the last of my Punto, didn't you? Well, you're wrong. :D With nothing but 3k spent on the tyres and a bit more on the engine, it's definitely a more natural and fun thing to drive than the nose-up'd and screwy Hyundai.

Shame it does no more than 134mph at most…:ouch:

I started my SCCA racing career in a 1986 Honda Civic Si in, guess what color... obnoxious bright green. The guy who bought the car from me called it eye bleeding green.

Nice car (if that's yours). I love the old 80's JDM cars, well, most of them!! I'm not sure my wife would be too fussed about the car (not quite 'vintage' enough for her), but I'm sure she'd appreciate the paint job. It seems in her eyes, green is green and green is good (her mobile phone case is exactly the same shade of eye splintering green)...

{Cy}

I have lots of free time now and would like to re-enter as a tester for round 2 if its not to late. Also added every tuner for round 2.

Last edited:
Ehh…<insert swearing here>…I need someone with the willpower to help me test cars, I just throw my DS3 out the window when I crash. At the end of the frickin' first section. I really shouldn't have made it, but eh…

Wait. Herman, how comes your Integra can have 2hp less than my Hyundai at the same PP but run at such a stupidly low weight? :grumpy:

Grip and the powerband.

The '95 DC2 has no grip (compared to the '98 and '99) and has no guts below 7500rpm.

---

Anyway, I'm gonna stick to protary power. Dunno what exactly yet (waiting on test results) but hey.

Today's the deadline, right? I've share my car, the tune will be posted soon, famileh tiem nao, so no tune for a bit.

I'm not confident that this tune is the fastest I could manage, I'm sure the Hyundai was faster, but I enjoy driving cars that are more natural in their tuning nature, so I reckon this car is more enjoyable a drive.

VTEC, yo :mischievous: It's a lot of fun and built in the UK 👍

{Cy}

I am sure when you are mawing the lawn this is how it looks like :P

JrSvb.jpg

J/K mate , but in only fairness the picture does show the only GOOD honda ever made :D

Honda Civic Type R420CS '04

Here's my entry for the second round, the car is on share, so have at it 👍

{Cy}

I'll start testing today then ;D

Please, to all tuners, make sure you accept the friend requests.. i have send one to everybody and there is a few that did not accept them yet.. Chuyler.. MotorCty.. jacktlad i think too..

Edit: already send invite to VTiRoj ;)

Yes, I'm hosting RJ's 420PP entry too. Both of the 400PP entries have been taken down so there shouldn't be any confusion.

LOTUS ELISE 111R `04 // 420PP // Comfort soft- ONLINE OK

This car is for the 420PP Nurburgring Nordschleife shootout final and dedicated to my friend Oshawa Joe that give me the GTPlanet premium account. This is my way to say THANK YOU.

This car is very fast ,not difficult to drive , but to explore it 100% ,you need to know the dance. I don`t use it 100% at all. I want to see drivers like Mike or CSLACR with it, just to show me where this little bullit can go.

There is a trick, no oil change and a lot of miles to low the power without the handicap of power limiter or heavy ballast, you can do this Bspec at night during a week or two, the result is here.

NrburgringNordschleife_67.jpg

111R420ppshootout.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_65.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_66.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_68.jpg

Enjoy your drive, the car is on share.

Last edited:
As promised now that I'm back at home, I have tested Rallywagon's Toyota 2000GT '67.

CSLACR, you can record a time of 8:55.310

For what it's worth, in the spirit of fairness, I also went back and tested the other 2000GT from Round 1 submitted by XDesperado67, and I was able to record a much better time than previously - 08:51.915

I originally tested XDesperado's entry 2 weeks ago at a time when I was still struggling with the RWD entries. Over the course of practicing I improved my skill on those and I had fully intended on retesting this car last weekend but I ran out of time before the deadline.

I know it doesn't matter at this point, but I wanted to apologize to XDesperado67 for not doing his car justice the first time around.

In comparison of the two cars, I found XDesperado67's entry to be a bit looser, but also with much better acceleration, and a higher top end speed. Of the two I found it to be the better car, even though the official times may not reflect that.

In any case, looking forward to round 2!!

Eh, so I don't get rushed and a lot of grief tomorrow, I'll post my round 2 car now.
--------

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Fiat Punto HGT Abarth

Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Intake Manifold: Sport
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Exhaust: Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Clutch: Double Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Comfort Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: 61kg @ 0
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 118
2)Set Final Gear to 2.880
1st=3.156
2nd=2.327
3rd=1.850
4th=1.150
5th=1.320
6th=1.154
Should display an indicated top speed of 162 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 30
Braking: 10

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.0/0.5
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.25
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/2.1
Dampers (Extension): 7/4
Dampers (Compression): 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7

Brakes
4/7

The car has 420 PP, weighs 1051 Kg with a 65/35 front/rear weight distribution, has 211 HP and produces 207 ft-lb torque@4700 rpm with a 7700 rpm redline.
-------------------

Yes, eagle-eyed members of the outlaw thread would notice that this is the exact same tune as the 400PP Punto tuned for the grippier SS tyres. Why no change in tune? Because the car didn't need any. Simples. And please take note, I have not been lazy and just not bother. :P

Last edited:
Back