Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.501
2nd:-- 2.407
3rd:-- 1.796
4th:-- 1.427
5th:-- 1.202
6th:-- 1.054
Final: 3.300
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/6.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 2.3/2.1
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The “must-have” car since Gran Turismo 2. The R34 Skyline has always been known for it’s supercar slaying reputation. So enter the Black Edition, the daily slayer of supercars. Power was boosted to 457bhp and weight was brought down to 1264kg, with suspension tuned to give the Black Edition the stability of a house. This R34 is so stable, you’d have to try and crash it on purpose in order to unsettle it. With this stable high speed package, the Black Edition makes mince meat of everything in front of it.

10th Dec 2010 - New rear toe settings.
20th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.
11th Mar 2011 - Revised settings.
22nd Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Used it and made a few revisions to fit the new 2.4 physics, I feel it handles a little better with my revisions :D

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato shootout

The comments in this review are what I experienced, they may or may not be true for you when you drive the cars, this can be due too different driving styles, different driving equip (ds3 vs. wheel), etc.

I decided to do a shootout between Dragonthing’s Alfa from RKM vs. Praiano63’s Alfa. And this review/shootout was one of the hardest I have ever done; you will see why when you read the whole thing.

This car stock is one of my favorites in the whole game; it looks great, sounds great, and handles… kind of funny… only car I know of in the game that you can drive on one side…. But that makes me smile, just little quirks like that you kind of expect it I guess, you know it being an Alfa Romeo and all. But onto the tunes!

I decided to take these guys to Top Gear test track, I think it’s the perfect place, kind of open but still small so they can use all their power.

Dragonthing’s Alfa- To make this clear I am writing this review with Dragon’s car on sport soft, I felt it did not change the handling characteristics of the car that much the only thing I did notice it was a bit slower than on racing hard.

Oh this car… what do I say, it was great fun to drive, just point and go. The gear box is set up beautifully on this car and the revs just keep on coming. Very stable and you really have to push the hell out of it to make it do anything but stay on the driving line. I will say the only time this car got up set was when you just floored it in 1st coming out of a turn, but even then nothing really happened just a nice gentle slide of the tail and it came right back into shape once you let go or shifted up to 2nd. I love cars like this easy to drive but you find a little quirk like that and it catches you off guard a bit, but it doesn’t screw up your whole lap but makes you love it. Top Gear Test Track lap time 1:16:638

¼ mile 13.422 sec
1 mile 32.548 sec
0-60 5.142 sec
0-100 10.838 sec
Max speed 156.4 mph

Praiano63’s Alfa- This car was built on sport soft and I like that, I don’t think it has enough power or torque to need anything more than that, as shown using Dragon’s tune. Like Dragon’s Alfa it handled beautifully. One of the major things that stood out to me was the longer 1st, gear it didn’t slow me down or anything, I just noticed when I was in it and it felt like a while before I was out of it. This car had a bit more forced over-steer while in 1st gear but like Dragon’s you had to deliberately do that to make it act up. One major thing I noticed was the car seemed a bit stiffer in the turns and it caught me off guard at first, I found myself under-steering a bit the first 2 laps, that could be due to Praiano tuning with a wheel (while I tested with a ds3) or me just not paying attention to where I was on the track. But once I saw it was there it was easy to adjust my driving style and it was gone. Top Gear Test Track lap time 1:16:150

¼ mile 14.187 sec
1 mile 33.278 sec
0-60 6.067 sec
0-100 11.574 sec
Max speed 168.9

Over all these cars were great I would use any of them in a race, they are so close it’s hard for me to choose a winner but I must. Praiano’s Alfa is faster I believe but Dragon’s Alfa is more set up for my driving style, I like my cars a bit looser and I felt Praiano’s was just a tad too stiff for me. For me driving feel is more important than having the fastest lap so this shoot out goes to Dragonthing. Other than that there is nothing really I can say that puts one car on top of the other as a clear winner. So there you go, if you want a fun car with very low weight and in the 250ish horse power range both these cars will work beautifully.

PS.. where is my other alfa :(

It should be called "Highway Mustang" :lol:

In another topic, have you seen the pics of the MR2 in my gallery?

Yeah, after the images finally loaded. Flickr images don't load so well for me for some reason. Photobucket, imgur, the RKM server and tinypic load pretty fast for me. Flickr? Makes it look like I have dial-up. :ill:

Lampuhkap
Ofcourse im serious. The carbon things and the matte wheels would go awesome on Orange. And as i said, Kyuubi = 9 tailed demon fox.
fox = orange

Sounds like something you would do to an Impreza :lol:

Yeah, after the images finally loaded. Flickr images don't load so well for me for some reason. Photobucket, imgur, the RKM server and tinypic load pretty fast for me. Flickr? Makes it look like I have dial-up. :ill:

That's strange :lol:
Did you like them? Leave a comment please, I'm in need of feedback.

I like them, I just don't want to leave a generic comment in your lovely thread. :embarrassed:

Lovely thread with 15 comments? :lol:

Leave it please, any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm going to keep weekly updates on it, and some of them might be some RKM cars :sly:

Roj ever think about turning the Miura into a drift tune? Just a bit of tweaking and its there lol XD the bill for a new set of tires is in the mail

God this Cobra R is fun to drive... So far so good RJ! It's still in the works, but anyone who wants the current setup can pm me 👍

Well, my Transcammer with current settings did a 56.565 on Tsukuba on racing soft And yes, fluor orange with those matte black nascar like wheels with that yellow stripe on them. that thing is bitchin' . Now im just waiting to get dragons tune!

Lovely thread with 15 comments? :lol:

Leave it please, any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm going to keep weekly updates on it, and some of them might be some RKM cars :sly:
They're nice photos, that's all I can say. :P

Maybe if you use an image host that doesn't take 5 years to display images on my screen, I could pop-in more often. :lol:
Roj ever think about turning the Miura into a drift tune? Just a bit of tweaking and its there lol XD the bill for a new set of tires is in the mail
Nope. I've not dabbled in MR drifting yet. :lol:
God this Cobra R is fun to drive... So far so good RJ! It's still in the works, but anyone who wants the current setup can pm me 👍

Can you PM them to me when it's done? Someone asked for one ages ago, sent me a car, but hasn't been active since. So I've got this Cobra R sitting there in my gift box now. :lol:

Lampuhkap
Well, my Transcammer with current settings did a 56.565 on Tsukuba on racing soft And yes, fluor orange with those matte black nascar like wheels with that yellow stripe on them. that thing is bitchin' . Now im just waiting to get dragons tune!

Give me a while and I'll get my much nicer looking 'Cammer posted up ^_^ and, erm...something else maybe? I dunno

They're nice photos, that's all I can say. :P

Maybe if you use an image host that doesn't take 5 years to display images on my screen, I could pop-in more often. :lol:

So can you hint me one that's good then? Photobucket is fast, but I don't the image quality of them, Flickr might be slower but their image quality is way superior.

Give me a while and I'll get my much nicer looking 'Cammer posted up ^_^ and, erm...something else maybe? I dunno

Oeh whats the hint on the something else?

(i wish for a really great '12 GTR tune or a Scirrocco tune or a Mini Countryman track setup or a Aston track setup. Something awesome that i could use for my street legal collection)

RKM Motorsport’s Poomplex Derkhead No. 2

PoomplexDerkhead2.jpg

PoomplexDerkhead2_Big.jpg

Based on: Mazda RX-8 Type E ‘03
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 218 BHP (@ 18,778.9 miles)
Torque:---- 27 kgfm
Weight:---- 1301 kg
PP:-------- 420

PARTS
GT Auto

BBS RE-MG Wheels

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Comfort Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 141kg
Position: -4

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 95.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.)
1st:-- 4.750
2nd:-- 3.378
3rd:-- 2.775
4th:-- 2.273
5th:-- 1.858
6th:-- 1.584
Final: 3.585/2.500
Max Speed: 112 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/7
Accel:-- 0/22
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-10
Spring Rate: 9.0/7.5
Extension:-- 9/8
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 4/5
Camber:----- 1.8/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
They're a bunch of poomplex derkheads! We need a super-shaman! We need RKM!

Now with added intake manifold pressure, correcting the only real issue it ever had.

RKM Motorsport’s Poomplex Derkhead No. 2

PoomplexDerkhead2.jpg

PoomplexDerkhead2_Big.jpg

Oh look, another reference to something I've never seen before!

Anyway, I found that the GT1 pits every 2 laps, which is funny because the Spoon can do up to 4 laps. I came in first place thanks to Dragon's great tune! I went from a 1:30 lead, to a 2:15 loss, to a 1:30 lead, and finally a 2 second lead at the end (I waited at the finish line). I want to write a review of it, but it'll be a few days unfortunately. I'm busy today and I have to spend my birthday typing an English report because, like I said, I'm busy all of today. Happy Birthday to me. [/Whining]

Sorry for that whining, I just needed to get it off my chest. It won't happen again.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Happy birthday GTTurtle! I've had to do assignments and even exams on my birthday. Sucked so bad. :(

VTiRoj
Happy birthday GTTurtle! I've had to do assignments and even exams on my birthday. Sucked so bad. :(

This year I lost power on my birthday, didn't get it back until 10 days later. Enjoyed a nice piping hit bowl of beef top ramen for dinner :sly:👍

Back