GTP_WRS Videos (OP=Summary)

• Thread starter Animera
  • 460 comments
Brilliant work, as usual, Christophe!

I've just realized that the video for this week's TT is going to be of epic length... might have to make some popcorn for watching that one!

Only just found out about these videos :dunce:

Really good job 👍, really useful to see all the different lines people take, and even more motivation to try and be faster and faster for a place on the video :)

Looking at the trial mountain lap, I made up all of my time in the final turn, otherwise it was neck and neck for the whole lap in D3.

Really great work on the videos 👍

Cheers

Although not up to Christophe's video standards, I've started redoing my WRS lap videos, starting from Week 1, in better quality (720p) than the original SD versions. I figured I'd post them here.... :) I'll just update this post for the first few then do a new post for every 5 or so if that seems reasonable.

Week 1

Last edited by a moderator:
👍 Chris!
It crossed my mind too of doing all the weeks (15-ish) that I missed but I just can't find the time.

Nice quality too BTW. Is that with your SD capture device?
I'll include them in the OP's summary.
Feel free to single post them all. Makes it easier in the summary. ;)

{If you're interested, I could provide you with that glitchy GTPlanet intro I made. ;)}

Although not up to Christophe's video standards, I've started redoing my WRS lap videos, starting from Week 1, in better quality (720p) than the original SD versions. I figured I'd post them here.... :) I'll just update this post for the first few then do a new post for every 5 or so if that seems reasonable.

Week 1

👍, Chris............

Although I get your vids via the Tube subscription, access here is a win!! Also, be sure to check your PSN messages. ;)

Is that with your SD capture device?
No mate, got a new one... AVerMedia HD capture card. Records via component cable in 1080i then I convert it to 720p H264 AVI @29.97fps. Not quite up to the quality of the Haupage kit but its pretty good for the price I think. :)

Feel free to single post them all. Makes it easier in the summary. ;)
Oky doky 👍

{If you're interested, I could provide you with that glitchy GTPlanet intro I made. ;)}
Appreciate the offer mate but I was thinking of making my own intro anyway... :)

Although I get your vids via the Tube subscription, access here is a win!!
Thanks Dan :cheers:

Youtube didn't let me upload the 4 divisions in one video.
Video was too long, 32 min. :sly: Here's part one then. :)

Week 54: 9 Lives

[*YOUTUBE]got deleted[/media]​

EDIT: deleted again!? :confused:

Last edited:
You can lenghten the maximum length of your videos. The maximum length is 15 min normally, but you only have to submit your phone number or something and google sends you a message with a code.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know Wes. I already uploaded videos of 26min long and now all of a sudden I can't anymore.
Got rid of some videos which were claimed for copyrights. :confused:

I'll try your suggestion this evening.

Yeah, I know Wes. I already uploaded videos of 26min long and now all of a sudden I can't anymore.
Got rid of some videos which were claimed for copyrights. :confused:

I'll try your suggestion this evening.
Oh, then maybe you have submitted too many videos which are claimed for copyrights.. which made Google change the maximum upload limit back again. I can't think of anything else.

Here's a link (NL): http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=nl&answer=71673

So, I think it has something to do with one of those 3 points.

Ok, got it all sorted.

Grab a beer and/or some popcorn. This one is going down as the longest Podium Video ever. :sly:

Week 54: 9 Lives

Last edited:
Christophe, you have the wrong replay from LP_Racer, i cross the line first :dopey: and his timer goes on is submited time.

yep, you are right. Like ealirendur mentioned in the results thread, I had a moment in T4, but on this lap I don't.
I did post the wrong replay first, so maybe that is the one you used, christophe?

BTW, great laps, US and gooners 👍

Last edited:
That's probably what happened. :ouch:
I still have the video in Sony Vegas so it shouldn't be too hard to get it corrected.
Re-rendering the video will take another 4 hours and re-uploading to youtube also takes enough of course. :ill:
I think I can get it corrected by tomorrow.

👍 for noticing Joao.

Nice video Christophe! thx for the effort, take a lot of time putting all these together 👍

Replaced the Video (5 posts up) with the correct replay of Racer_LP now. :)

Thanks Christophe, amazing work and given the lenght of this laps it´s great to see what happened 👍

LP_Racer, you must compare our laps, don´t know how but at the end of the Karussel i pass you and was ahead till the end of Pflanzgarten III but then :crazy: what was that?... the secret nitro button of D1 for sure :crazy:, you gave me 7 tenth to the line :bowdown::bowdown: and it was not because i was slower than usual, because i have a personal best on T14.
Amazing driving around Schwalbenschwanz 👍👍

Just watched the replay. Nice driving, Joao 👍
I was actually quite far behind at some point, but I think I won it all back in the fast righthander at the end of the fast twisty section just before Schwalbenschwanz. Your apex speed was about 180 kph, while I didn't go under 200 kph. I also had a better entry into the last chicane. Still, nice lap 👍

Here is what critics have to say about the latest WRS video:

"Director Christophe Speedy has outdone himself yet again!" - New York Times

"A movie the whole family can enjoy." - Washington Post

"Expands the genre towards new horizons." - The Hollywood Reporter

"Epic. It's the Lawrence of Arabia of WRS videos." - Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times

Oh, and I like it too!

Here's what Statler & Waldorf have to say about Speedy's latest production:

:lol:

Epic production Christophe 👍

Here's my lowly Week 5 vid:

Week 5

Latest Posts

Back