*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
This. When I see a car I might want in the UCD and am not sure if I have one already, I would like to be able to look through just one garage instead of having to check both the Standard and Premium garages. Granted most of the cars in the UCD are Standards, but I don't have the Premiums memorized to know for sure if the car I'm buying is a Premium or Standard. Unless I've been wrong this entire time, and all the UCD cars are Standard? :dunce:
All of the used cars are from GTPSP, GT3, GT4P or GT4 or else PS2 GT, games. :-)

On/off switch for the pace cars warning lights, please.
Because its a standard model i dont think it would be that easy.

Reverse layouts of custom tracks. I've noticed a few of my tracks are much more fun when driven backwards.
Yeah, good idea.

My ideas:
- Ability to preset pit strategy (ie. fuel, stints or else) before the race is started
- In online lobby/Aspec ability to set practice, qualifying sessions by either time or by done laps.
- Endurance and championships could be saved in progress and continued when i want, not everytime i start the game.
- Ability to know who is in the pits and what tyres he/she is wearing.
- Ability to know lap times from other racers.
- Split times per lap for full field.
- Not limited setup tabs for any car. (now max 3)
- Ability to turn off the music in GTauto and used car lot and in prerace menu (horrible!).
- Ability to mark many of tuning parts and buy them at once.
- Ability to shutdown GTAUTO oil change or engine redone ''videos'' (saves SO much time and its boring as hell) or do this directly from garage. For unlimited number of cars at one time.
- Ability to buy cars without the lengthy animation (saves SO much time and its boring as hell).
- Ability to look for a lobby by more criterias. (aka by drivetrain type)
- Ability to limit my lobby by more criterias (aka only 90's cars etc.) shrink with ''look for lobby''.

Still doable:
- Ability to start an online championship with my friends.
It must be like this. You start a lobby and message will be sent to every person, which is taking part in the championship. After the race you will save the progress and continue few days later. But the point scoring table and everything else will be saved. And be able to set a point scoring system (for fastest lap, pole and positions)
- Event Sythesizer from GT2.

Last edited:
Speaking of "easy", this one is also related to the tracks.

Retail version of the game have a very different Toscana course in Special Events > Grand Tour than one we got forced with 1.06 (or was it 1.09?) update if I recall well.

That original "Grand Tour Toscana Night" course was probably the best in-game Course Maker course ever conceived (from layout, structure, variations of the sections, dramatic pace in mid-section, to perfectly timed fireworks when arriving at the frightening mid-straight, etc.)

Unfortunately, Polyphony decided to change it - probably because their online statistics and heavy complaints of less-experienced drivers - and we practically lost one true course masterpeice, one that really deserves to be presented as an standalone course.

More recent updates provided much better visibility of the nighttime races and it would additionally improve the sensation of this particular race. However, pitch-black darkness and need to learn the course to 110% detail was one of the best features of that track.

For the reference, here is the original "Grand Tour Toscana Night" in its unforgettable glory (YT video can't show all details in the darken area, but just watching it again makes me wanting it back even more):

Another one should be really quick-fix and would improve all aspects of the game:

- to show the AI cars tire-compound in the pre-race grid menu

I would really, really welcome that option (sorry if already proposed, than I give +1 to that suggestion)

For me its the one of the most irritating events in the game. Lights lightning directly into the tarmac, no visibility at all. Death in high speed :-) 3rd place is my best.

- Ability to create teams in online/Aspec/Bspec.
- Ability to create teams with my bobs or my friends.

For GT6.
- Completely overhauled course creator at least as it was in V-Rally 2 for PS1

Last edited:
This. When I see a car I might want in the UCD and am not sure if I have one already, I would like to be able to look through just one garage instead of having to check both the Standard and Premium garages. Granted most of the cars in the UCD are Standards, but I don't have the Premiums memorized to know for sure if the car I'm buying is a Premium or Standard. Unless I've been wrong this entire time, and all the UCD cars are Standard? :dunce:

(And I'm not saying to do away with the separate garages, just add one named "All" or something.)

All used are standard, all new are premium (unless you count the Veyron as new).

EDIT: Yay me, 2,000 posts.

Last edited:
And speaking about Paint Chips and its management/availability, backthan I have proposed an idea about Paint Shop implementation that would allow for much logical and usable managament of the Paint Chips, without sacrificing the GT-paint philosophy.

If you think it is a valid suggestion, feel free to check it here (Paint Shop description comes after the initial elaboration of the Paint system, after the the bolded part):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6496387#post6496387

Last edited:
More stuff they could add:

- Add more online filters, basically what the lobby host has and just implement it when choosing a lobby (car class, tire restrictions, etc.). Also, this may not apply to me (well it used to) but how about adding an SRF 'On' option in the filter? When I was more of a n00b a few months ago, I had a really hard time finding a good online race that allows aids. This will keep them out of the clean and pro lobbies, and will definitely save them a burden 👍

- An extension or even the removal of the Favorites system. This was one of PDs erratic decisions, especially in a game including 1000+ cars.

- Make the DLC paints infinitely available. I don't wanna pay RL money just to buy more of the same paints when I need em.

For GT6:

- Make a Dealership with ALL the cars there. Whether Standard or Premium, I should be able to see any car at any given time (except certain prize cars). The UCD should stay, but it should be similar to GT4, in which cars from the Dealerships are found for less $ and have more mileage. This a much more realistic example.

- A comparison of your lap times to the one achieved in RL on the same track. This would be a really neat feature if they implement it properly. Maybe you could even chase a ghost car and imitate the RL driver.

Another easy one would be weather (and day/night for the latter) for the no chicanes versions of Monza and Le Mans 2009.

OP updated.

- Endurance and championships could be saved in progress and continued when i want, not everytime i start the game.
I don't think we'll ever see something like that...
Maybe they'll let us use Arcade mode, but not the other modes of GT Life.

- Make the DLC paints infinitely available. I don't wanna pay RL money just to buy more of the same paints when I need em.
I think it's too late for that... :(

-Option to put the roof up on the Ferrari California without a spoiler,

The roof is already modelled, you just need to put a spoiler on to get it.

as for the paint, why not have something along the lines of an unlocking paint shop?
the paint chips you acquire as you play the game then become available in the shop
the "rarer" the paint, the more expensive it is to use on a car
such as a basic black, green, etc costs only a few thousand credits
and gold/silver chrome (or other fancier paints) cost anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000
also, id like to be able to re-use the dlc paint

-Option to put the roof up on the Ferrari California without a spoiler,

The roof is already modelled, you just need to put a spoiler on to get it.

That's another thing. The Premiums already have a roof modelled, so why didn't PD let us put it up or down is baffling, though I'm going to guess the roof has something to do with aerodynamics, and they only did the aerodynamics of cars with the roof up.

[/run-on sentence]

(1) How about a percentage [%] marker for "chassis refresh" so we have an idea of when to spend that hideous amount of money to refresh the chassis. As it is we only see the "engine refresh" results, which is nice, but we need a percentage mark for the chassis refresh to complement the one for engine refresh. Simple fix.

(2) Ive said this way back when GT5 first came out so Ill reiterate it since it still hasnt been implemented. Lets have oil change and car wash available between series races. No one starts a race with dirty oil in Real Life so why are we forced to play through a series race like DCC etc with dirty engine oil at each start except the first race start? A simple Oil Change icon or Car Wash icon next to the "Next race" button would suffice.

(1) How about a percentage [%] marker for "chassis refresh" so we have an idea of when to spend that hideous amount of money to refresh the chassis. As it is we only see the "engine refresh" results, which is nice, but we need a percentage mark for the chassis refresh to complement the one for engine refresh. Simple fix.

(2) Ive said this way back when GT5 first came out so Ill reiterate it since it still hasnt been implemented. Lets have oil change and car wash available between series races. No one starts a race with dirty oil in Real Life so why are we forced to play through a series race like DCC etc with dirty engine oil at each start except the first race start? A simple Oil Change icon or Car Wash icon next to the "Next race" button would suffice.

Superb ideas! Specially the chassis percentage!

Another one:

I want the car dirt to stay in the car... when you drive on the gravel/snow, it makes the car dirty, but on the track only... in the garage, it stays clean...

One more from me:

Update the colour of the curbs on Spa
spa-francorchamps-02_560x420.jpg

I'd include the following:

-Add special events where you race against your own and your friends B-spec drivers
-Change seats with your b-spec drives while doing endurance races
-Create and share custom events, selecting AI cars (and their setup), AI driver difficulty and other track settings. This would save PD's time because they wouldn't need to worry about seasonal events anymore

I would love to see the options for clutch on controller/wheels without the actual pedal.... Like how the G27 has the ability to dump the clutch and will stall the car out (turning cars off and mash the clutch back in to turn the car back on again) and engine braking... The G27 did this before the full support update... Would be really nice to have... Like if you don't get the RPMs up and you put it in gear it will stall the car... When you shift down it doesn't bounce off the rev limiter until the car reaches the speed of that gear... With the full clutch feature you shift down it will rev really high and decrease speed repaidly just like the G27 and cars in real life too.

Speaking of "easy", this one is also related to the tracks.

Retail version of the game have a very different Toscana course in Special Events > Grand Tour than one we got forced with 1.06 (or was it 1.09?) update if I recall well.

That original "Grand Tour Toscana Night" course was probably the best in-game Course Maker course ever conceived (from layout, structure, variations of the sections, dramatic pace in mid-section, to perfectly timed fireworks when arriving at the frightening mid-straight, etc.)

Unfortunately, Polyphony decided to change it - probably because their online statistics and heavy complaints of less-experienced drivers - and we practically lost one true course masterpeice, one that really deserves to be presented as an standalone course.

More recent updates provided much better visibility of the nighttime races and it would additionally improve the sensation of this particular race. However, pitch-black darkness and need to learn the course to 110% detail was one of the best features of that track.

For the reference, here is the original "Grand Tour Toscana Night" in its unforgettable glory (YT video can't show all details in the darken area, but just watching it again makes me wanting it back even more):

now you can't play that track in the grand tour special event? It was easily one of the very best ones, to the point I always thought it should be a standalone track selectable like all the others. Also it shows the course maker can be used to create point to point courses.
having a hard time with synonyms there since that isn't a "circuit" :dopey:

Also I hope someone (with proper progamming knowledge) makes a list of the truly easy to implement ideas. I'd say more than 50% require putting a big effort, therefore dismissed.

Last edited:
Also it shows the course maker can be used to create point to point courses.

I was not under the impression it is point-to-point, for me it always seemed like a closed circuit.

And point-to-point Course Maker courses are legally available in the game under the Gran Turismo Rally races (Special Events).

- Engine swaps (more) (Could take some time)

This is probably a lot easier than we may be thinking it is. The handling physics wouldn't necessarily need to be changed by much, if at all, only the ferocity of power delivery and the exhaust note samples copied across. The only reason that I can see for the handling characteristics to change is if there was also drivetrain changes too, make a FF into a FR, MR or 4WD would be great. Similarly the same could be said for aftermarket turbos for cars that currently don't have a turbo option, mere power delivery changes would be needed, along with a slightly tweaked exhaust note.
Then there's the decisions of which engines to have available as swaps. Same manufacturer of brand family would be a good idea, but recognised transplants would be better. A quick look over on Engineswapdepot will give a great reference for what has been done before, and therefore will fit in the cars. Evidently it would be impossible to fit the Escudo engine into a Swift, for example, but a turbocharged Hayabusa engine perhaps? Or how about one that Shift 2 already has, a 3 rotor turbo unit in the MX5?

Another one that I would really like to see is the ability to share ghost laps with friends. It's evidently not too heavy a load for the systems to handle, as we can grab ghosts of the leaders in timetrials without having the entire network meltdown.

Last edited:
as for the paint, why not have something along the lines of an unlocking paint shop?
the paint chips you acquire as you play the game then become available in the shop
the "rarer" the paint, the more expensive it is to use on a car
such as a basic black, green, etc costs only a few thousand credits
and gold/silver chrome (or other fancier paints) cost anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000
also, id like to be able to re-use the dlc paint
👍👍👍👍👍

I would like them to have been unlockable then purchasable like that. The rare or gold/silver chrome paint chips should definitely be as expensive as 1 million credits.

a bit off topic but refers to ^^^
That's the thing, the amount of credits we get for races is "too much" for some people and "convenient/necessary" for other people. Having to grind an entire session for a working/family man to buy paint chips and cars doesn't seem like it should BE. If you don't like racking up credits so easily, I don't think that we should make it even more impossible for some people to get the expensive cars in the game.

Ability to flash lights on standard cars.
Nürburgring reverse.
No reverse layouts for real life circuits, or at least, not that one. That's why we need to get an option, like FM4, to take off the Wrong Way Indicator (I hate that thing). The only problem with that is you can't Rewind/Fast-forward the replay.

Light options

Light flashing like a pace car, just like the SLS pace car in Formula1
Headlight switch on/off in your garage on the car, its so dark in there with the smoke and all.
Gt auto options for additional lights and aesthetic 90's style lol.

Back