*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
Hi there, that's a nice list you all have constructed. I didn't have the time to read all posts but I read the list at the beggining and here's my apportation :sly::

- Ability to change the color of the car's interior
- Possibility of selecting two colors to paint cars with two colors (e.g. Audi R8 or Ford GT with racing stripes)
- This may not be that easy: Affect the gear shift with the animation of the driver, I mean, if the driver has the hand already over the gear lever/paddle the shift is faster than when he has the hand over the wheel and has to reach the lever/paddle. What do you think?
- Also not that easy: Ability to open doors/bonet/trunk and roll down windows (this should be easy) in Photo Mode
- Let the walking camera in Photo Mode "walk" over (and maybe under) the car to take pictures. Also let the camera rotate 180º (90º down and 90º up) in the vertical direction
- Basic color helmets and suits (e.g. like the white one that any new B-Spec driver has but in red/blue/yellow/green/etc)
- Allow access to the garage in all GT Mode screens via a Garage Button (much like the My Home button in the lower left corner)
- Allow access to my current car by clicking on the name in the top of the screen
- Possibility to select favorite tracks just like favorite cars in the garage
- Show the Best Lap Time Chart in the screen before accessing the track in Practice Mode
- Also not easy: More Racing Modifications! Come on, only 15 or so in 600 premium cars? That's a bad joke... :grumpy:
- More types of front/side/rear spoilers for all cars

Well, I guess that's all for now... Sorry if I spelled something wrong (english is not my first language). Thanks for listening/reading! :dopey:

- This may not be that easy: Affect the gear shift with the animation of the driver, I mean, if the driver has the hand already over the gear lever/paddle the shift is faster than when he has the hand over the wheel and has to reach the lever/paddle. What do you think?

In real life, race drivers have both hands firmly on the wheel for as much time as possible- only taking a hand off to quickly shift, then it's right back to the wheel. I think PD is trying to replicate this action, albeit rather poorly. They could possibly have the shifting hand 'anticipate' a little better for a more realistic-looking experience.

- Allow access to the garage in all GT Mode screens via a Garage Button (much like the My Home button in the lower left corner)
- Allow access to my current car by clicking on the name in the top of the screen

Awesome ideas! 👍

- Also not easy: More Racing Modifications! Come on, only 15 or so in 600 premium cars? That's a bad joke... :grumpy:
- More types of front/side/rear spoilers for all cars

I'm with ya on this as well. I've kind of given up hope for these in GT5, though. Maybe GT6 will be LOADED with Race Mods like GT2. And instead of those 3 gigantic standard racing wings, maybe they'll focus more on some cleaner, smaller spoilers and front splitters. Anyone who follows any form of racing knows that simply adding a small front splitter under the bumper of most any stock vehicle can drop lap times dramatically.

1. Fix how automatic transmissions work in the game. They should change a LOT smoother than presented. Same with DCTs.

2. Cars with automatic transmissions/DCTs shouldn't react to the H-shifter and clutch from the G25/G27/T500 RS wheels.

3. For the sake of authenticity, cars with automatics can only be driven as an automatic; can't change gears on your own.

4. Automatics should change gear depending on how fast you're going, not only when the engine reaches redline.

5. The ability to do a transmission swap. (i.e. auto -> manual)

6. Include cars with a different transmission type. (i.e. Evo X with 6spd DCT and 5spd MT)

How hard can it be?

Great suggestions! The only ones that I found these transmissions work correctly are the ones on the Mercedes SL55, Jaguar S-Type R, Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac, Nissan GT-R Concept...

And these cars are really fun to drive because they mimick the real transmissions.

I completely agree with introducing automatics which fully function as real automatics (not the ingame auto-mode which is basically manual shifting itself without kickdown, etc.) and apparantly the PS2 game Enthusia already did this, but I doubt it's an easy fix as I think it's rather complicated to implement.
As for cars like the SL55 working correctly, only the sound of that automatic transmission is accurately replicated, not how it functions.
The only car I think where it's possible to to a transmission swap (changing the standard auto for a manual) is the Premium Honda Insight.

I completely agree with introducing automatics which fully function as real automatics (not the ingame auto-mode which is basically manual shifting itself without kickdown, etc.) and apparantly the PS2 game Enthusia already did this, but I doubt it's an easy fix as I think it's rather complicated to implement.
As for cars like the SL55 working correctly, only the sound of that automatic transmission is accurately replicated, not how it functions.
The only car I think where it's possible to to a transmission swap (changing the standard auto for a manual) is the Premium Honda Insight.

Yes, I kinda wanted to say that they worked "a bit" more like it should but you're 100% right.

Enthusia did this in a brilliant way. Fantastic game!

The ability to buy multiple cars is good. It's so obvious.

If I have 20,000,000 credits, why the :mad: would I only want to buy a single car? I want to buy 10, so let me buy 10. I don't want to have to go back and forth and blow my brains out. Thank you.

Regarding how automatic transmissions are modelled in Enthusia:

(NOT my video)
Skip to 0:38 to see how the car upshifts when under part-throttle.

^Wow, PD should revamp their auto gearbox to make it more like that one. But I still love the way the current one downshifts, so maybe they can offer one similar to the one in the video as an option.

hi not sure how easy it would be to implement or if anyone else would like it but one thing I would love to see added is a bigger improved favorites list or perhaps some way of searching your cars by what you've named the setting sheets I.e. could type drift or track etc and it would pull up all the cars I've set up for drifting or circuit racing and it should bring any car with the correct setting sheet name even if that sheets not the one currently being used and then apply it automatically. obviously I know I have more chance of winning the lotto than this actually happening but I think if I had the power that would be the one change id make to gt but the favorite list definitely needs improving, in a game with over 1000 cars only being able to select 100 as favorites is silly, its like PD are saying 90percent of their cars are rubbish.

Might not be too easy but B-Spec drivers for the practice mode (I've probably got the name wrong but its the one in the main career mode), I'd lke to see which of my drivers is quickest on a level playing field.

GOTMAXPOWER
Might not be too easy but B-Spec drivers for the practice mode (I've probably got the name wrong but its the one in the main career mode), I'd lke to see which of my drivers is quickest on a level playing field.

that would be cool, what would also be cool is if you could make your b spec drivers race against each other.

that would be cool, what would also be cool is if you could make your b spec drivers race against each other.

There is kind of a workaround for that, share all of your drivers online then create a 2nd PSN account and add the first one to your friends list, make a random crap driver on the new account and share that online and whilst on that account go to remote race and you can put your 6 drivers against each other, the downside is the choice of tracks is small and the cars can't be picked.

What I would really like to see, is being able to "create" your own garage. So, when you click on the Garage button you would get a list of all your garages. Basicly i'd love to split my cars. I'd like to have a "0KM Garage", a "Tuned" garage and regular "I dont want to use my Cappuccino but i still like having it around" garage.
And it wouldnt be hard to do.

Regarding B-Spec mode, I would like to get a true real-time synchronous B-Spec multiplayer through either Open Lobbies or Private Lounges.

My Bobs against other people's Bobs, all in real-time, non-automated management by "owners" - as in normal B-Spec mode. I have to manage him, I have to decide about pace, I have to decide about pit, overtake and so on. And every other "manager" too, of course.

Imagine. Tyre/fuel depletion, 10+ laps races in order to strategy becomes important and for real challenge weather-change races. 12 players in the lobby, 12 managers, 12/24/36/48 Bobs (to have Bobs change in pits for longer races as in BSpC mode), 12 masterminds pitted against each other.

With such B-Spec multiplayer I assure you how complete B-Spec experience would get another dimension and recognition for 90% of players.

Regarding B-Spec mode, I would like to get a true real-time synchronous B-Spec multiplayer through either Open Lobbies or Private Lounges.

My Bobs against other people's Bobs, all in real-time, non-automated management by "owners" - as in normal B-Spec mode. I have to manage him, I have to decide about pace, I have to decide about pit, overtake and so on. And every other "manager" too, of course.

Imagine. Tyre/fuel depletion, 10+ laps races in order to strategy becomes important and for real challenge weather-change races. 12 players in the lobby, 12 managers, 12/24/36/48 Bobs (to have Bobs change in pits for longer races as in BSpC mode), 12 masterminds pitted against each other.

With such B-Spec multiplayer I assure you how complete B-Spec experience would get another dimension and recognition for 90% of players.

Awesome idea Amar 👍

Real time strategy battle beetween teams and drivers :dopey:

Sorry, I'd much rather race myself than watch idiot bobs race.

Anyone mention this one?

- Music from your library should keep on playing when entering GTauto, dealerships or the tuningshop!

This because i have heard those 3 standard songs there so much already it can be considered a form of modern torture.

edit: and the race menu

Last edited:
Anyone mention this one?

- Music from your library should keep on playing when entering GTauto, dealerships or the tuningshop!

This because i have heard those 3 standard songs there so much already it can be considered a form of modern torture.

Yeah that bloody saxophone solo in one of the dealership songs gets SO "obnoxious" (for lack of a better word) really quickly. :yuck:

Anyone mention this one?

oh my god PLEASE do not leave out the song that plays during the race menu. Torture is not a strong enough word. :grumpy:

Gee eee I dont know.... Just why I LOVE ya s.. aaAHH F#% !!!

Yeah that bloody saxophone solo in one of the dealership songs gets SO "obnoxious" (for lack of a better word) really quickly. :yuck:

When that part starts playing on my speakers, all the neighbourhood dogs start howling.

oh my god PLEASE do not leave out the song that plays during the race menu. Torture is not a strong enough word. :grumpy:

Gee eee I dont know.... Just why I LOVE ya s.. aaAHH F#% !!!

Ah yeah my sincere apologies, those irritating singing kids!

UPGRADED BRAKES! Has PD not thought of how important this is?! The better the brakes are, the less time you spend slowing down which could be worth SEVERAL seconds and could be a great, cheaper alternative to help smaller cars compensate for their relative lack of power.

Regarding how automatic transmissions are modelled in Enthusia:

(NOT my video)
Skip to 0:38 to see how the car upshifts when under part-throttle.

Now that's exactly what I mean with fully functioning automatics 👍, it even has kickdown, and this was done on a PS2 game years ago.
Apparantly PD hired one of the physics guys from Enthusia, so they must be aware of this aspect too.
Hoperfully we'll see this appear in a GT-game some day.

GT Auto is a great place to start implementing "easy features"

A livery editor can go here....This is a very desired feature. It's 2012....

Open garage here. Multiple cars can be painted, washed, RM'ed, etc.

A place to fix damage could go here (if GT wants to make damage a real factor in the series. But first, the damage model has to be greatly improved.)

More wheel options seems basic.....

Engine swap option could go here perhaps.

More aerodynamic options (side view mirrors for example)

Back