*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
Also it shows the course maker can be used to create point to point courses.

I was not under the impression it is point-to-point, for me it always seemed like a closed circuit.

And point-to-point Course Maker courses are legally available in the game under the Gran Turismo Rally races (Special Events).

I was bored so decided to map the original track out using the map on that video. It's very nearly a circuit, but not quite. I double checked but this is basically right, I always made sure each piece I cut had a part of the last bit on it to line them up.

toscana.png

Filter online lobbies by any/all of the following:

Tires
HP/PP Range
Car Types
Number of people in room
Rooms with PSN Friends

Some easy point to PD:

More online filters please! Country, year, manufacturers, pick specific cars +++

Tuning forbidden should also forbid use of power limiter and ballast

Shuffle race race classes: Clasic Cars, GT500, LeMans ++++

Possibility to set up race series online. Extra Experience point to top 3?(Like ToCA RD series)

Decrease tire wear on medium and hard tires to make these more competitive to soft tires. (Comfort, Sport and Racing) .

+1

^ a good idea. Would definitely like to see my cars filling up the whole screen.

Give us an optional playlist of old gt songs.

Contact Isamu Ohira and tell her to get off her butt and make more songs!

Increase rotation speed when in gt auto, garage etc.

Also, arcade mode view for the ucd as well.

(I think you missed this) When a car is bought in simulation mode, you can use it forever on arcade mode.

Last edited:
I can totally understand the idea that you can't see what your car will look like until once it is actually painted... but give us a bigger paint chip viewer... That paint chip car is so small. I have a 60 inch tv that im playing on.. and i am still complaining.
Make it larger
Let us rotate it our selves
Let us view this when we go to items to see our paint chips that we currently have... the paint bucket that is in the current place of what you may think would be a viewer of the pain chip is pointless...

Also I hope someone (with proper progamming knowledge) makes a list of the truly easy to implement ideas. I'd say more than 50% require putting a big effort, therefore dismissed.
Agreed. I'm no expert, so please go ahead.

Also, many "strange" things of the game are design choices (lack of the paint preview, unskippable animations, etc.) so we shouldn't expect too much.

Oh, that. My mistake.

Nothing wrong with the current difference. Arcade "view" was always different than Garage one. Current one is only development of the standard introduced with GT2.

Legacy *thing*, pretty much deliberate.

Yeah, I really wish we could search for a room buy what driving aids are allowed more in depth or when your cursor is over a room, it showed what driving aids are allowed and what aren't. I'm really tired of going into a seemingly good room and having to leave right away for not being able to use my preferred driving aids.

I would like to be able to swap cars within practice mode rather than having to quit practice and return to garage, this is so time consuming and surely is an easy fix?

I would like to be able to swap cars within practice mode rather than having to quit practice and return to garage, this is so time consuming and surely is an easy fix?

Go to your Private Lounge and test everything you want in matter of seconds. Solution exist since Day 1, but gets oversighted by many.

Go to your Private Lounge and test everything you want in matter of seconds. Solution exist since Day 1, but gets oversighted by many.
While there is no disputing that this works, it is a prerequisite that you have to be online to do so. What we need is a lounge area that works offline in the way it does online.

It also does not take into the account the fact that some people will want to quickly change cars when doing time-trials, drift trials, practice laps, without having to trawl all the way back to the garage. Currently, no such solution exists to quickly change cars, and it is very irritating.

Something simple to help improve the clunky interface - display the last tab and view that was selected on the previous entry into the garage. I want the favorites tab and the grid view every time I enter the garage, so I'm forced to navigate and click and click every gosh darn time I go in. Come on PD, help me out a little bit.

Super Easy:
-A.I. Difficulty setting from Arcade in GT Life
-Tire Wear/Fuel Depletion on/off setting from Arcade in GT Life
-Grip on wet/off track Low/Real setting from Arcade in GT Life
-Mechanical and Visual Damage off/light/heavy settings from Arcade in GT Life
-Slipstream Strength setting from Online in GT Life

Doable:
-Sound Adjustment sliders for each instrument of the symphony
(Engine bay, Exhaust note, Wind Noise, Road/Tires, Crashes, Crowd Noise, Music..)
-Adjustable Field-of-View from pause menu. We should have the ability to zoom in/out, move up/down/left/right in analog fashion, like in photomode. This could easily give each driver a perfect view in the cockpit, from the chasecam, or even turn that awful ROOFTOP view into a lovely hood cam to race with.

(and of course, let us use all of these in the new Event Creator/Generator/Synthesizer)

:)

Last edited:
Some easy point to PD:

More online filters please! Country, year, manufacturers, pick specific cars +++

Tuning forbidden should also forbid use of power limiter and ballast

Shuffle race race classes: Clasic Cars, GT500, LeMans ++++

Possibility to set up race series online. Extra Experience point to top 3?(Like ToCA RD series)

Decrease tire wear on medium and hard tires to make these more competitive to soft tires. (Comfort, Sport and Racing) .

👍 👍

Importing all tracks from GT4 directly into GT5. That should be simple enough, no need to re-model them, just directly importing the wiremesh and textures, maybe upsizing the textures.

Especially Costa Di Amalfi.

Importing all tracks from GT4 directly into GT5. That should be simple enough, no need to re-model them, just directly importing the wiremesh and textures, maybe upsizing the textures.

Especially Costa Di Amalfi.

Costa Di Amalfi for the win. Citta Di Aria is great too.

I play them in the PSP and always wonder how cool it would be to have them in GT5. Cote D'azur looks like kind of a GT4 port, with just GT5 lighting...

I wouldn't care to have it that way.

1. Fix how automatic transmissions work in the game. They should change a LOT smoother than presented. Same with DCTs.

2. Cars with automatic transmissions/DCTs shouldn't react to the H-shifter and clutch from the G25/G27/T500 RS wheels.

3. For the sake of authenticity, cars with automatics can only be driven as an automatic; can't change gears on your own.

4. Automatics should change gear depending on how fast you're going, not only when the engine reaches redline.

5. The ability to do a transmission swap. (i.e. auto -> manual)

6. Include cars with a different transmission type. (i.e. Evo X with 6spd DCT and 5spd MT)

How hard can it be?

I can imagine only a ton of jaggies if they imported GT4 tracks into GT5. :crazy:
Didn't stop PD importing other GT4 tracks.

And even if they do look bad, who cares? The game is already wildly inconsistent with premium/standard cars and tracks that the addition of extra GT4 tracks isn't going suddenly change anything. Just get them all in the game.

The reason we haven't seen most of the older tracks is likely due to DLC purposes.

I just hope we see some soon! I mean, damn...GT5 is well over a year old.

Yeah. I just popped GT4 back into the PS2 and had such fun at all those MISSING tracks.

For a company that creates racing "sims," you have to wonder why they bother at all with the rather horrible city tracks. I'd rather PD put more time on real life tracks.

What? PD imported GT4 tracks into GT5? Which ones?
It's not obvious?

Suzuka
Laguna Sega
Trial Mountain
Deep Forest
La Sarthe
Chamonix
Autumn Ring
Côte d’Azur

Now some of them have been tweaked and have added new assets added to them, but they're all GT4 tracks.

HIbzl.jpg

Whoa. Never realized that. I never even begun to think that PD would just import tracks into GT5. At least it doesn't bother me as much as the Standard/Premium car thing.

1. Fix how automatic transmissions work in the game. They should change a LOT smoother than presented. Same with DCTs.

2. Cars with automatic transmissions/DCTs shouldn't react to the H-shifter and clutch from the G25/G27/T500 RS wheels.

3. For the sake of authenticity, cars with automatics can only be driven as an automatic; can't change gears on your own.

4. Automatics should change gear depending on how fast you're going, not only when the engine reaches redline.

5. The ability to do a transmission swap. (i.e. auto -> manual)

6. Include cars with a different transmission type. (i.e. Evo X with 6spd DCT and 5spd MT)

How hard can it be?

Great suggestions! The only ones that I found these transmissions work correctly are the ones on the Mercedes SL55, Jaguar S-Type R, Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac, Nissan GT-R Concept...

And these cars are really fun to drive because they mimick the real transmissions.

Whoa. Never realized that. I never even begun to think that PD would just import tracks into GT5. At least it doesn't bother me as much as the Standard/Premium car thing.

They look terrible but it would still beat not having them in imo.

Back