◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
Quick question for you, Bowler; what do you consider an 'acceptable use of power limiter'...90%, 95%?

It's really going to depend on how many different model cars are availiable that meet the requirements without using the limiter. As a general rule, I'm thinking 90%. If we get to a combo where there are very few cars that can meet the requirement, I may allow more use of the limiter. I will also take the weight of the car into consideration. I am more likely to allow a car to run at 85% power if it's 400kg over the minimum for the race than one that is right on the minimum. Not every car in the race is going to be able to run right at the minimum. I did this intentionally to see how creative people can get within the rules.

Basically, the use of the power limiter will be on a case by case basis dependant upon the field of cars availiable. I have only found a couple for the first race that I won't allow. Those are the Z4 coupe and the newest 350Z from the dealership. If you pick either of these models, there are alternatives that do fit without use of the limiter.

Would that not be a given? It would be impossible to declare a winner (and their selected combo choice) before ruling the results as official.

Yes it would have to be done rather quickly. I can have it done by mid-morning on Monday. If someone else needed to look at it, it would have to be done in the same timeframe and then shoot Zero a message that everything is OK.

Saturday Night S.N.A.I.L. Endurance Racing

Qualifying laps for race one: Each driver must run a qualifying race in the lobby with the race director present. This race will be four laps at Suzuka using the ’07 GTR from the recommended list on racing soft tires. This must be done by April 14.

When will this qualifying race be held?

Schedule:
4/21/12 FR 1500kg 276hp Grand Valley

5/12/12 MR 800kg 177hp Tsukuba

6/9/12 AWD 1500kg 404hp Deep Forest

6/16/12 MR 1300kg 384hp Indy Road Course

7/28/12 FF 900kg 207hp Cape Ring Inside

8/18/12 FR 1500kg 433hp Fuji F

9/15/12 FF 1400kg 305hp Nurburgring GP/D

10/13/12 AWD 1200kg 276hp Laguna Seca

10/20/12 MR 1300kg 502hp Daytona Road

11/10/12 FR 900kg 207hp Cote d’ Azur

Grand Valley Speedway

or

Grand Valley East

Well since everyone else is plugging their own individual series on the thread today, I'm going to plug mine! :D

Thursday Night Team Battles are tonight!!

featuring a new and improved... Roller Derby!!

Here are the rules: Everyone will divided into two teams (Red Team and Blue Team) and each team will designate one of their drivers as their "jammer", while everyone else on the team will be a "blocker".

All of the "blockers" will then go to the recommended garage and choose the same car. All of the "blockers" on the Red Team will select the red version of that car while all of the "blockers" on the blue team will get in the blue version.

Meanwhile, the "jammer" on each team will get in a slightly lighter and quicker car. Obviously, they'll choose a color to match their team color.

We will then all get on a custom oval that tezgm99 has created for this event and then start a race for 10 laps. The winning team will be the one whose "jammer" finishes the race first. Because of the nature of this game, skill, strategy, and teamwork will all be rewarded. The winning team will be the one that is the most organized and able to swiftly transition from offense to defense. All of the blockers will want to assist and also protect their jammer, but they'll also want to try to impede or take out the opposing jammer as well.

NOTE: This a "no holds barred" event so pretty much anything goes. However, the one thing you can not do is go backwards on the track (either facing backwards or going in reverse). If a spin causes you to face backwards, you must immediately turn around and face forwards. The only time using reverse is allowed is when you are stuck against a wall and using reverse is the only way to get back onto the track.

In accordance with our divisional lounge system, tonight's festivities will be held in the SNAIL_Division3 lounge. If you want to join us tonight, please send a friend request to "SNAIL_Division3" if you haven't done so already. Anyone who wants to practice for Sunday night can hang out in the Division1 lounge, but since we once again had 15+ drivers in the practice session last night, I'm hoping that some of you will take a break from practice and give this idea a shot just for fun.. Don't knock it till you try it!!

Last edited:
I had actually been kicking around an idea in my head to run a roller derby event. Sounds like you have a good start. I would jump in and join you but I have to umpire tonight and then I have AAU basketball practice after that.

TYPO ALERT ON ENDURANCE SCHEDULE

The first event should have the KG at 1300 kg not 1500. It has been changed on the schedule in the thread.

Just a question, do any of you take part in the Seasonal Event Time Trials? The SS5 stage, is running Lambo's right now, quite fun if you ask me, and its easy 1 million (with 200%) for a few minutes time.

The seasonals are my cash flow, kinda feel like its a sponsor required event if you will. Its the only non online thing I do in the game, and only cause it pays out so well for so little time spent.

TYPO ALERT ON ENDURANCE SCHEDULE

The first event should have the KG at 1300 kg not 1500. It has been changed on the schedule in the thread.

And I'd been practicing with my 1500kg cars too! :ouch:

Just a question, do any of you take part in the Seasonal Event Time Trials? The SS5 stage, is running Lambo's right now, quite fun if you ask me, and its easy 1 million (with 200%) for a few minutes time.

The TT's yes, but not the drifting ones :)

In unrelated news, I might be able to turn up Sunday due to my parents going away and calling me a day later than normal :sly:

Ah. Very well, then. Hopefully he gets back to you soon.

Otherwise you can follow one of us to Roller Derby. ;)

Ah. Very well, then. Hopefully he gets back to you soon.

Otherwise you can follow one of us to Roller Derby. ;)

If the game is in a private lounge, then no, I cannot join you if it's in SNAIL_Division3 until SD3 & I are friends. =(

guys i'm going to MIA for a few weeks on account of my new partner in crime being born today. 9lbs. 2oz. at 2:06pm. I'm not requesting that my spot be saved or anything because I don't know when I'll have nights free again. Later.

ImToLegitToQuit
guys i'm going to MIA for a few weeks on account of my new partner in crime being born today. 9lbs. 2oz. at 2:06pm. I'm not requesting that my spot be saved or anything because I don't know when I'll have nights free again. Later.

Congrats legit! Awesome news.

whoa! that's a big baby!! congrats on the awesome news!

Congrats on the new racer in your family!!
👍👍

Well since everyone else is plugging their own individual series on the thread today, I'm going to plug mine! :D

Thursday Night Team Battles are tonight!!

featuring the debut of... Roller Derby!!

Okay, I'm going to keep this short and sweet because it's late.

👍

This was a LOT of fun, and I will be happy to do this again. In fact, this would be even more fun with a full room of 16!

Props to you Zero!

👍

This was a LOT of fun, and I will be happy to do this again. In fact, this would be even more fun with a full room of 16!

I enjoyed it too, but I agree that it would have been more fun with a full room. Only eight people showed up, so that meant there were only three blockers on each team. When you consider that there's usually one blocker on offense and one on defense, that led to a bunch of one-on-one tactical situation. There simply weren't enough cars on the track to get the "full" effect of team strategy that I was hoping for. Hopefully we'll have more drivers the next time we try this.

I had actually been kicking around an idea in my head to run a roller derby event. Sounds like you have a good start.

Bowler, did you have any specific ideas or rules in mind? Maybe we can integrate them into what we did last night. We started doing continuous laps and letting the jammers just keep going non-stop until they scored five points, but then we decided to have the jammers reset at the start/finish line each time one of them scored a point so that we could restart each "jam". Also, at first we had everyone using the same car, but that didn't work at all because the blockers couldn't catch back up to the jammers if they tried to do any tactical offensive or defensive driving. Therefore, we decided to put the jammers in slower cars and that worked out much better.

Back