*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
Again, A livery editor is not something someone would call "easy" to implement.

This is mostly true, but....

...considering it's never been featured in a GT game, I would think 5 installments later would make it....easier. It's a practical feature and it would make GT more current. đź‘Ť

...considering it's never been featured in a GT game, I would think 5 installments later would make it....easier. It's a practical feature and it would make GT more current. đź‘Ť

The easiest scenario possible for a "livery editor" would be something based on what PC sims have.

An import/export button that save a jpg/png/tga/whatever file on the XMB, then you copy to usb drive, edit on the pc and import it back from XMB to GT5. Apparently GT5 already "save" those textures. When you paint a car, it probably modifies the car texture with the color that it's applied.

That's not actually an editor but for me it'll already do a good job. But it'll be useless for people without the right knowledge :nervous:

Last edited:

I agree that they should've had some form of a livery editor within the 5 installments but this is the type of thing that should/would be saved for GT6 and not be implemented through a update on a almost 2 year old game. That's just my opinion.

this is the type of thing that should/would be saved for GT6 and not be implemented through a update on a almost 2 year old game. That's just my opinion.
I disagree. While it's obviously unlikely they'd ever patch a full editor for GT5, just a basic editor with stickers and a better paint system would be enough to tide me over until this theoretical editor turns up in GT6.

That is something that will not be too challenging to do, and would be infinitely more useful and relevant than some of the features that have appeared in recent updates i.e. Remote Racing Graph Display.

wut

The easiest scenario possible for a "livery editor" would be something based on what PC sims have.

An import/export button that save a jpg/png/tga/whatever file on the XMB, then you copy to usb drive, edit on the pc and import it back from XMB to GT5. Apparently GT5 already "save" those textures. When you paint a car, it probably modifies the car texture with the color that it's applied.

That's not actually an editor but for me it'll already do a good job. But it'll be useless for people without the right knowledge :nervous:

That would be great.Skate 3 has a feauture similar.You just link your psn to the EA site and make your own graphics.... well sort of, you cant import an image from your computer to the site its just a few categories like shapes brands numbers and letters.
It might not be an easy feature.But it could be a unconventional way for PD to implement a livery editor to gt5 through their site.
Link your game to the gt site.Make a livery for which ever car on the site.Click export to game.Turn on the game get a custom paint chip or something .

Last edited:
- Ability to lock the lobby once you are satisfied with people in it.
- Ability to set a password to enter lobby.
- Ability to freely turn on/off any HUD screen (like only speedo, not REVmeter or G-meter). And freely move them around the screen (like NFS 5 from '00)
- Ability to set depth of view in cockpit.
- When making an own championship ability to set point scoring system.

Sorry if its been said already.

UPGRADED BRAKES! Has PD not thought of how important this is?! The better the brakes are, the less time you spend slowing down which could be worth SEVERAL seconds and could be a great, cheaper alternative to help smaller cars compensate for their relative lack of power.
This has been explained already somewhere here.

Last edited:
The effects of upgraded brakes will be similar to setting the brake balance at a higher "value". Not to mention that GT5 doesn't have any brake fade, so there's no point in having carbon ceramic brakes.

Another easy thing to implement should be the ability to see how our car looks when choosing a paint chip before we actually you it, rather than see it on the small little clay model or whatever that is. Also, how about the actual Top Gear camera angles?

That would be great.Skate 3 has a feauture similar.You just link your psn to the EA site and make your own graphics.... well sort of, you cant import an image from your computer to the site its just a few categories like shapes brands numbers and letters.
It might not be an easy feature.But it could be a unconventional way for PD to implement a livery editor to gt5 through their site.
Link your game to the gt site.Make a livery for which ever car on the site.Click export to game.Turn on the game get a custom paint chip or something .

Yeah, this would be a great way to implement the livery editor. More simple than implementing a full editor in-game. đź‘Ť

PD could do all the paintjob sharing in the site... outside GT5. Easier!

An 'easy' alternative to a full livery editor could be a system with premade patterns/templates or generated templates (or just let them be created by us ourselves for a change) which could be 'coloured in' using paint chips.
These templates could be devided into sectors (basically 'paint by number') which makes them able to be creatively manipulated by for example choosing the same chip for certain parts next to each other instead of creating a contrast which in effect changes the whole pattern.
So you could use only 2 paintchips or, say hypothetically, 300 plus if you want a really colourful car (only using one chip for several parts in the same colour).
Add some decals/numbers which size can be altered and I guess most here, at least me, will be happy.

Another easy thing to implement should be the ability to see how our car looks when choosing a paint chip before we actually you it, rather than see it on the small little clay model or whatever that is.
Agreed, this is pretty easy (just think when we are in the Premium dealership choosing the paint of the car, switching between colors in real time), but this could also be one of those things I marked as "PD design choices" (or Kaz choices) because... in real life you can't have a preview for paint-jobs.

Sounds strange, but that's probably why we don't have some sort of preview when painting a car.

Probably unrelated, but I hope that the recent notice regarding the postponed update has something to do with this thread :D

EDIT:
-Option to export GT5 videos to the XMB (not sure if this is possible though)
Nope, video rendering is not easy. You can still export the replay file through USB, but no video file

Add more camera options,, it feels as if the new photo editor both stepped forward, and back in some areas, while pictures come out with absolute stunning quality, there seems to be somethings that could be easily added, like a vibrancy, or saturation adjuster.

EDIT: and a day and night cycle for at least MOST of the tracks.

Last edited:
I am not sure how easy this is, but I would love to see all tracks have a night version.

This is not to be confused with a day-night transition version; simply a night version.

Imagine Trial Mountain at night! Or Deep Forest? Apricot Hill?

- ability to turn off vehicle preview in garage. I have almost 1500 cars in garage and around 1200 of standards. It takes too much time to load and i think its because of that.

Night version would be enough for me, but weather changeability is a must; for lets say GT8 :-)

- Standard Cars in Photo Travel

Sometimes when you're "changed into" a car, you can see the standard cars in Photo Travel locations on GT5's start-up screen. A lot of them still look really good so I hope they'll change that.

More "wear and tear" on track surfaces. I don't know if this'd be an "easy fix" per se but sometimes I feel that certain tracks like HSR and CR look too "fresh". You know, they could add some...not "pot holes" exactly, but some imperfections, some cracks here and there.

- ability to turn off vehicle preview in garage. I have almost 1500 cars in garage and around 1200 of standards. It takes too much time to load and i think its because of that.
I believe you can do that by pressing square button...?
IIRC it should change the thumbnail to medium > Big > no thumbnail.

But you will need a while to load that not needed thumbnails (it takes approx 5-20 seconds in my case) and then eventually for only ONE time invisible them. And they still be in the memory i could say.
I was saying about "preset" option to not never show any thumbnail, only car name like it was in GT1/2/3/4. And its power, drivetrain etc. by my order. Every time the same.

More rim selections.

I was playing GT4 over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the great variety in companies and wheel colors.

Only thing i can complain about in GT5 is the sound other than that its not really a big deal to me.

Hmm dirt stay in your car after race? But I have some cars like the 2J 70's still stuck white dirt. Because dirt build up after race.

- Add a supercharger "whine" sound... works almost in the same way as turbo sounds, just need to replace the sound sample...

- Folders to better organize the car selection, then I can make a folder for racing cars, other for street cars, 450pp cars, 500pp cars, etc... etc... everyone will be able to organize the cars in the better way for each one.

- Option to "nickname" the cars, taking the car collection organization to an even better level... I can nickname my RUF as: "trackday RUF", "Yellowbird for 550pp", etc...

- Get back from GT4, the option to select the ammount of fuel the car will go to the track. With this, real fuel tank capacities for the cars. A Peugeot 106 doesn't have a 100 liter fuel tank.

Nickname the car would be very nice! You would be able to rename cars to their tunes and see the difference in the timing lists đź‘Ť

Thank you all, OP updated.

I really hope that the recently postponed patch has something to do with this thread. I wouldn't mind a Spec 3.0 with half of the things listed here ^^

clutch slip to occur if car is too powerful.

so for example if you have a supra with max power (~720bhp i think) but you haven't upgraded the clutch, the clutch will not be able to transfer 720bhp to the wheels so it will slip.

Fix the mclaren mp4-12c and ferrari enzo understeer problems if it hasn't been fixed already.

More "wear and tear" on track surfaces. I don't know if this'd be an "easy fix" per se but sometimes I feel that certain tracks like HSR and CR look too "fresh". You know, they could add some...not "pot holes" exactly, but some imperfections, some cracks here and there.

Absolutely! For some reason PD (Kaz) believes that the entire world is a pristine fantasy of perfection. Racing is NOT pristine! It's filthy! Cars get absolutely covered with grime around the bottom, and many racetracks do not resemble the Malaysian F1 Circuit in all of it's perfectly-paved glory.

Anybody see that Sebring race? How about the Indycar opener in St. Petersburg, Fla? Those surfaces are NASTY. We need to, at least partially, experience some of that feeling in Gran Turismo.

Racing is not a clean, smooth endeavor, Mr. Kaz. You should know this by now. Give us filth. Put a little nasty in your next recipe. It would do the virtual racing world a lot of good.

I don't know if it was mentioned before (I didn't find it on the list) but I have 2 more changes, that I belive are very easy to implement.

1. Add more (way more) stock cars to the Recommended tab in online lobby.

2. Add more car sorting options in the garage in online lobby (like in the GT Live garage).

Back