*EASY* things for PD to implement in GT5

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 550 comments
Change every car tuned by the player to the flag of the player who tuned it.
Nice idea, especially if there was a marketplace (and possibly some sort of livery editor lol) to sell cars tuned by users 👍

But I fear that players who like to tune all their cars would end by having cars from only one region, and that could cause troubles with the filtering option (if I understand correctly your post)

Nice idea, especially if there was a marketplace (and possibly some sort of livery editor lol) to sell cars tuned by users 👍

But I fear that players who like to tune all their cars would end by having cars from only one region, and that could cause troubles with the filtering option (if I understand correctly your post)

If the car is tuned the flag changes and in the filters it could become ''tuned''

How about an ability to see how much miles you've done in total on the settings screen? This could be useful if you're breaking in the engine, and don't want to keep going back to the garage to see your total distance.

1) Add in an option for A.I. to appear in an online multiplayer race to fill the empty racing slots. Great for creating a "2 vs 14" scenario. Also have the ability to set the difficulty of the AI individually, or altogether.
2) More paintable cars like the Honda ELEMENT and Hyundai Clix concept. Want to race my ELEMENT, but HATE the big grey plastic fenders.
3) Changeable wheels on the NSX RM, Ferrari F430, and Mercedes 300SL Coupe. Seriously PD? You could change the wheels on the 300SL in GT4, why not GT5?
4) Add in a Track Meet option in the practice menu. Similar to GT4, cars from the same class run around a chosen course endlessly, attempting to earn the best lap.
5) Add in a Family Cup Option in the practice menu. I know there's a similar option in the Custom Course section of GT Life, but I'd like to race on real GT tracks like Route X and Grand Valley without having to wear a stupid A.I. manufacturer's suit.
6) New helmet design perhaps? Like maybe the Pit Crew's helmets? Or even some classic racing helmets like the ones NASCAR used in the 1960s and 70s.
7) Add ability to drive a Premium convertible with either the top up or down, or even allow us to retract the top mid-race.
8) Add all wheel options for all Premium cars, and add some new ones for Standard cars.

1) Add in an option for A.I. to appear in an online multiplayer race to fill the empty racing slots. Great for creating a "2 vs 14" scenario. Also have the ability to set the difficulty of the AI individually, or altogether.
2) More paintable cars like the Honda ELEMENT and Hyundai Clix concept. Want to race my ELEMENT, but HATE the big grey plastic fenders.
3) Changeable wheels on the NSX RM, Ferrari F430, and Mercedes 300SL Coupe. Seriously PD? You could change the wheels on the 300SL in GT4, why not GT5?
4) Add in a Track Meet option in the practice menu. Similar to GT4, cars from the same class run around a chosen course endlessly, attempting to earn the best lap.
5) Add in a Family Cup Option in the practice menu. I know there's a similar option in the Custom Course section of GT Life, but I'd like to race on real GT tracks like Route X and Grand Valley without having to wear a stupid A.I. manufacturer's suit.
6) New helmet design perhaps? Like maybe the Pit Crew's helmets? Or even some classic racing helmets like the ones NASCAR used in the 1960s and 70s.
7) Add ability to drive a Premium convertible with either the top up or down, or even allow us to retract the top mid-race.
8) Add all wheel options for all Premium cars, and add some new ones for Standard cars.

Great ideas buddy. Specialy the Track Meet & Family Cup. Those already existed in GT4! 👍

Easy track layouts
- Reverse layouts for Cape Ring and for the weather change versions of High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand
- Reverse layouts for Course Maker Tracks
- Suzuka West (+ weather?)
- Tsukuba Short
- Full use of the Top Gear runway
- Nurburgring GP/F D with weather and/or day-night cycle
- Bring back the original "Grand Tour Toscana Night" course
- Weather for the no-chicanes versions of Monza and day-night cycle for Le Mans 2009
There are no weather change versions of HSR and Eiger.

It should be this, instead.
"- Reverse layouts of Cape Ring
- Reverse with weather layouts of High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand"

There are High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand weather change versions. They're deep inside the Original section of the Courses.

How about an ability to see how much miles you've done in total on the settings screen? This could be useful if you're breaking in the engine, and don't want to keep going back to the garage to see your total distance.

I remember having theese at REVmeter or speedo in GT3/4.

There are High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand weather change versions. They're deep inside the Original section of the Courses.
I know. What's missing are the Reverse layouts WITH the Weather. There's only Weather on the Normal layouts. This is bad because there's no possibility of having a legitimate race on those track variations. My problem is that I can't rewind/fast-forward replays and the wrong way indicator bothers me.

I'm not too sure, but I think it's the same for the snow tracks. The Reverse layouts, I THINK, don't have the option for Weather.

There are no weather change versions of HSR and Eiger.

It should be this, instead.
"- Reverse layouts of Cape Ring
- Reverse with weather layouts of High Speed Ring and Eiger Nordwand"

I know. What's missing are the Reverse layouts WITH the Weather. There's only Weather on the Normal layouts. This is bad because there's no possibility of having a legitimate race on those track variations. My problem is that I can't rewind/fast-forward replays and the wrong way indicator bothers me.

I'm not too sure, but I think it's the same for the snow tracks. The Reverse layouts, I THINK, don't have the option for Weather.
So... what's the problem in my list? I don't follow you.

I listed those two tracks with weather change because they should be easy to implement since PD should just "reverse" the starting grid.

Scrap the GT Auto area, combine it with the Tuning Garage and provide the option of a parts checklist, where we only need check off a list of improvements we want on the car and they can all get done at once. Most of my street cars that go racing for example I add custom transmission, certain tires, drivetrain upgrades etc. There should be a one page checklist where I can hit all the improvements I want without having to go into each element separately. Would save tons of time in tuning over the long haul.

Within the tuning garage you could have a separate shop for paint, rims and aero. You obviously can't checklist 2000 paints and rims and aero have a visual component that doesn't work well with a checklist either. The engine rebuild and chassis refresh should be part of the main tuning garage. A checktab when you are finished adding your tuning elements from the checklist that says, "Finish and go to Paint Shop" would be spectacular.

As well, instead of the useless two step car delivery system, directly deposit a car into my garage while skipping the pointless video that comes with every car delivery or at least give me the option of doing so. Or alternately, offer me a checktab to deposit the car into my garage or on the delivery truck. Along with that, allow the delivery of multiple DLC cars, again with just a checktab, directly into my garage.

The amount of time we hardcore users waste on car deliveries, and poorly constructed tuning procedures with silly graphics and excessive button pushing is ridiculous. In 2012 we are no longer impressed with silly, endlessly repeating graphics. In 2001 maybe, not today. What appeals to us today is speed, efficiency and options. Get with the program Kaz!!

Try buy tuning parts or cars in GT1, its very quick, but it can be faster though. Once you are in the tuning menu, the PS1 has almost nothing to load.

GT2 was much worse at this, that horrible sound of CD mechanic loading after every buy will hunt me forever :-)

But in every GT the button pressing in menus is way over the limit.

Worst is tuning menu in prerace, where setting up transmission or suspension takes so much time that i don't want tune my cars. No quick forwarding like it was in GT1/2. Dont understand their way of thinking.

So... what's the problem in my list? I don't follow you.

I listed those two tracks with weather change because they should be easy to implement since PD should just "reverse" the starting grid.
I was being a bit anal, since there are already Reverse layouts of those tracks. I see what you mean, and that was the way I viewed it before I mentioned it the first time. I THINK I was being too picky because it read weird to me the first time. My bad. :dopey:

Hello Guys, I do not know if you've already said but ...

Possiblity to impose cockpit view in online races
Possibility to impose "off" HUD

Excellent initiative;)

sorry for my english (google translate)

Hello Guys, I do not know if you've already said but ...

Possiblity to impose cockpit view in online races
Possibility to impose "off" HUD

Excellent initiative;)

sorry for my english (google translate)

other great restriction would be driving wheels only.

Clutch+H shifter might be a bit too elitist though, but that's still "a very easy thing for PD to implement in GT5" that would make the game much better.

other great restriction would be driving wheels only.

Clutch+H shifter might be a bit too elitist though, but that's still "a very easy thing for PD to implement in GT5" that would make the game much better.

Yeah, but that would also split the online community.
BUT PD could add these things for private lobbies only (just like they did with the ABS: OFF thing)

Welcome to GTplanet Fabris, love the italian avatar :D

Rolling start for all tracks. Drivers name and country on car. Used premium cars in UCD for the poor. No money cap or lower prices on certain cars. Just some quick ideas.

All of what Johnnypenso said (I've posted similar ideas myself.)

I also think they should let you add/remove aero parts, engine upgrades and restore full weight. Then add those to the tuning sheet. Then you wouldn't need so many copies of each car filling your garage. All cars could be eligible for "stock" restricted races.

Paging or fast scrolling through the list of cars would help. Would also be nice to have a "jump to my selected car" button as well as a "jump to the cars nearest the current pp limit". (Why is the frigging scrolling so slow?? Scrolling 1000 items should not be this slow even on 2006 console hardware!) Of course that could be fixed with a better organizational system, but if not then at least consider paging & jump-to buttons.

And for the love of God, please stop telling me that I cannot have more than 20000000 credits! Then making me click through a dialog giving me 0 credits!! Then another dialog that says I can't get any more experience!!! Why do we have to acknowledge those anyway???? ARGHHHHH

Okay, ranting again. I better stop.

Adding more search options for online lobbies like:
-pp/hp/weight restrictions
-lobby name
-tyre restrictions
-drivetrain restrictions
-tuning restrictions

And also any other lobby settings which I haven't named.

-Also being able to select multiple options at one go under search would be great too :) (e.g Searching for both Suzuka and monza rooms at one go instead of searching one by one)

-Allowing easy access to some gtauto services (oil change, chassis and engine rebuild) from the online lobbies would be nice too

Emman1984
Free Roam and call it GT City that would be cool if we could not only control the cars but control the driver too :)

No I don't think that's considered as 'EASY' to implement... As much as it sounds awesome:D, I'd say PD should focus on other more important stuff first, and save this for perhaps GT6

Last edited:
Basically everything from OP's post 👍 :)

A few more ideas from me (sorry if reposted/repeated):

- "Facelift" more cars like the DB9, XKR, Volvo C30, (NC) MX5 and the Mazda 6.

- Add animation for activating reverse gear in automatic/auto-clutch cars.

- Adjustable rear spoilers like the R34 GTR's and RX7 Spirit-R's could visually tilt when set as such in tuning.

- Adding front aero parts can contribute to aero points (PP).

- Pedal animation for cars/non-karts.

- 900-degree steering animation.

- Use the standard CVT mode on the premo Vitz/Yaris instead of the simulated gears.

- Add new and somewhat easy to implement premos like an 1.8 (NA) MX5 or even something like a Miura SV or Gallardo V.Balboni.

- Add ability to convert certain cars like the Mini Countryman to 4WD or the Gallardo to RWD.

- Add turbos to higher-end cars like the Gallardo.

- Add more factory colours to cars like the Gallardo or XKR. (I'm pretty sure the former is available in Verde Ithaca and the latter in Polaris White.)

- Steal engine sound samples from youtube. (Lol, jk :lol:)

- Tinker with existing premo models that have some 'flaws'.

For example:

+ Fix the non-working clocks / hybrid or electric power meters / boost gauges / odometers / oil pressure gauges in the majority of premos.

+ Certain ride heights like the Viper GTS as mentioned, maybe Mazda 6 (too high) and Toyota 86 GT (too low at the rear).

+ Not perfectly positioned wheels like the M5, S15 Silvia, Alfa 8C, Camaro SS and '08 Civic Type-R. (Insufficient 'track width' or 'wheelbase' or too close to front or rear bumper etc)

+ Clock on the Camaro Z28 being 1 hour off. (Cannot remember if it was fast or slow.)

+ Active rear spoiler on Gallardo not working and interior shade of black seems too 'bright'.

+ Not perfectly modeled wheel 'offsets' like the fronts of the R35 GTR Spec-V, rears of the XKR, Fairlady 370Z, Alfa 8C, Gallardo or all 4 wheels of the Infiniti G35, STi Spec-C RA, Evo 9 GSR and DB9.

+ Slightly insufficient wheel diameter like the TVRs, 350Z, RX8, DB9, Brera, Volvo C30, Audi RS6 and R8 V10.

+ Occasionally 'wrong looking' amounts of tyre profile. (Sometimes related to wheel diameter problems.) Or tyres that don't seem to fit well with wheels like the SLS AMG and 300ZX.

+ Lack of adjustable aero or suspension settings from factory like the Viper SRT-10 ACR.

+ It appears that final-drive ratios are too 'short' on cars like the V12 Vantage, Aventador, Gallardo and McMerc SLR. (Cannot reach sufficiently high speeds or seems wrong when compared with Road&Track magazine's 'rpm to real speed' estimates per gear.)
(Could it be related to improper tyre diameter?)

Finally, if you don't notice the problem, maybe you guys could remind me to re-install or something. :)

Maybe use for the turn signals and emergency flasher I see the lights in the car but you can't operate nothing but the windshield wipers

Back