Michelin Reviews - 13/05 - Porsche 911 GT3RS Replica

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 55 comments
@NascarManiaco99 as you may have noticed by now the big Hemi has quite a few fans.:bowdown::gtpflag::D

@NascarManiaco99 as you may have noticed by now the big Hemi has quite a few fans.:bowdown::gtpflag::D

I believe every major garage up in the tuning forum has done a Challenger of some kind. I have one, you have one, Clueless has one, MFT has one and I think Praiano has one too. I'm not sure if we're all big fans of the Hemi or it's just a great tuning platform. :D

I have four Challengers to test (to say the truth, there's only one left...), I could add some more to the challenge, the more the merrier!

PART 1/3

It was 7AM at the track. Recently constructed, it took over 4 million of dollars and a year and a half for this to be ready. And now, after all this time, a car would hit a track. In the parking area, 7 trailers are parked there. But then you think, weren't only 2 cars to be tested? Yes, there we're only two, but another five entered as last minutes entries... Two being from the Wallbanger Gang, one being the heaviest one and another being a prototype, one from my fellow countryman Praiano, then one from Clueless and another one from the MFT crew. That's what I call a powerful competition!

Well, let's hit the track, shall we?

Real Replica Tunes Petty SRT8:

RRT Petty SRT8 por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

A Challenger, being old or new, will always be imposing. And this one, even with the French Blue around it, it still is imposing. Being told that under the hood was a V8 with 600HP of pure American power, that did scare me, indeed.

RRT Petty SRT8 (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

On the long 3km straight that starts on the last sector and goes all the way to the end of the second sector, the car is able to reach 300km/h with ease, but only using 4 gears... it seems to me that the 5th gear is more like a cruising gear.. Coming to the fast set of medium speed corners, the car holds quite well, but since all those 600HP is going into the rear wheels, you know that the back end will kick out and try to overtake the front of the car. Holding the car or not, is due to the drivers ability. In the slow speed corners, the problem of all power and torque of the V8 going to the rear wheels gets accentuated, because the corners turn into a drifting playground. Point to the suspensions, that makes the job of holding a drift easier.

RRT Petty SRT8 (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Another problem that I find are the brakes, you need to brake at a huge distance to make the turn.. Apart from that, a very good car.

RRT Petty SRT8 (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

RKM Motorsports Challenger GTS:

RKM Challenger GTS por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

When the trailer opened, and the pit crew put the car out of it, I was impressed. It had some scary looks, an all black car.. Like I said before, the Challenger is imposing, but this one if one of those that even a Lamborghini driver would think twice before racing against that thing.

RKM Challenger GTS (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

The long straight. Using a totally different gearbox from the original one, that the Petty SRT8 uses, the beast inside of the V8 is shown. 320km/h at the end of it on 6th gear!!! That was incredible! Using all the knowledge that RKM had, this car takes turns with ease. The back does not kick out a lot, giving room to a much better time. The handling is superb for its weight. Thru mid speed corners it holds very well, and on the slow one it can hold well, with the back end kicking out, due to the high torque going only to those rear wheels.

RKM Challenger GTS (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

This car surpassed my expectations, because what I expected was a drift car, but what I got was a handling car, with a huge power of 710HP. RKM does the job again of turning the impossible into possible.

RKM Challenger GTS (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

PART 2/3

Wallbanger Outlaw Isabella:

Wallbanger Isabella por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

To say the truth, itss the 1st tune from XDesperado that I'll be testing, so I don't have a idea of what he has done to “Isabella”.. Being a 730HP tune with 2026kg, I don't seriously know what to expect from it on track...

Wallbanger Isabella (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Being with that much weight, I expected it to be slower than the Petty SRT8 on the track. But boy, I was so wrong! It almost beat the Challenger GTS time on the track. Having 612kg more than it! This one I can say that it feels like both the Petty SRT8 and the Challenger GTS did some kind of fusion and Isabella was born, because this car have the back happy, which can make this car some kind of drift car, just like the Petty one, but at the same time, it can be very fast on the straights and very quick thru the turns like the GTS.

Wallbanger Isabella (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

I don’t know if this tune did fit my style of driving, I don’t know. But this, what Isabella has done is beyond my understanding!

Wallbanger Isabella (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Wallbanger Outlaw Onboi Prototype:

Wallbanger Onboi Prototype por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

This fellow goof has gained some reputation around GTP. First reviewing tunes in each brand thread, then by creating his own company and now by taking his hand at tuning. What's left for him? A fan-fic story? Why not?

Wallbanger Onboi Prototype (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Letting this talk go by, let's put the show on the road and see what Onboi can produce.This is a 90% prototype tune that Onboy has done and asked me to test, taking advantage of the Challengers Challenge. And boy, it was a good surprise.

Going around GTP, I had being listening good things about Onboy tunes, but when going around Wallbanger, nothing from his list ever attracted my attention. So it was quite a surprise for me when he asked me to test his Challenger Prototype.

Wallbanger Onboi Prototype (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

A nice handling, constant car, nice turn in. If you have a heavy foot, the back will kick out, but not that much, which is good on my case. But constantly “punching” the gas pedal to keep the rear stable, the car went very quickly thru the turns with its weight.

This one is the car with less horsepower so far I’ve tested of all of them, and it still hit 300km/h, showing that he did a great job with the transmission, even being down by 70HP from the Petty SRT8 (which has 600HP) and by 170HP from the others.

Onboi, fellow goof, I don’t think you should try to fix something in this car. Just release it! Supreme job, goof!

Wallbanger Onboi Prototype (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

MFT Dodge Challenger R/T8:

MFT Challenger RT8 por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

I have once tested a tune from the MFT crew, that was the NISMO Skyline GT-R R-Tune R32, which was a great tune from them. Downforce was missing on it, but the car was pretty fun to drive around! Now, moving on to the Challenger...

MFT Challenger RT8 (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

It doesn't have the superb handling that I found in some of the cars that I've tested, but the handling was very good. It just takes you from the start of the turn to the end of it the quickest it can. Transmission was made to make the car gets a sudden boost of acceleration, to get to the next corners even quicker then it can make the corners. A really track eater, I must say.

MFT Challenger RT8 (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

The back stayed quietly for the most of the test, it was rare the moment it kicked out, but a hit in the gas pedal and everything was back on normal again. Another excellent job from MFT, always making their clients happy.

MFT Challenger RT8 (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Praiano’s Challenger SRT8:

Praiano's Challenger SRT8 por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Praiano is known by not nicknaming its tunes (at least when he posts them), by fully tuning up their vehicles and by using Racing Tires in his tunes. Myself uses one of his tunes, the BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ’97 without the turbo because when fully broken in, the F1 hits exactly 650PP, thus making it acceptable at the 650PP seasonals we have seen for some time now.

Praiano's Challenger SRT8 (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Praiano has a large list of clients. But can the brazilian from the state of Ceará make a Paulistano (who is born on a city other than the principal city of the state of São Paulo) happy? We're gonna discover soon enough.

Praiano’s Challenger has a huge amount of grip, but that is thanks to the Racing Hard tires installed. For the comparison, every other car tested here is using Sports Soft tires.
Its transmission is really hard worked, as you can hit 330km/h pushing the V8 engine to its limit, and the countless grip helps it get quicker than anyone else can do on the track. What would happen if his tune was made for Sports Soft? It would have the same amount of grip it has? Could the car reach the same speed it has reached? Questions that might be answered later, for now, I'm just testing the cars like the tuner has released them.

Praiano's Challenger SRT8 (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

The car is very well adjusted, the back will kick out if you want, which is normal due to the high amount of horsepower this car has added to the fact of the rear traction. An great job by Praiano once more!

Praiano's Challenger SRT8 (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Clueless Tunes Big Brother:

Clueless Tunes Big Brother por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

I have never stayed around Clueless tunes nor I have tested a tune from them. So when krenkme appeared on my thread talking that his tune “still haven't got a date”, the others had to explain me that he was talking about his Hemi V8 tune, Big Brother. Who has watched Persona 4: The Animation, knows that the main character, Yu Narukami, is called by his cousin, Nanako Onii-chan (which means Big Brother in japanese). So I should call this Narukami :lol: Jokes aside...

Clueless Tunes Big Brother (1) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

The car is good, but I find the 1st two gears way too short for it and then the car its limited at 296km/h? Well, anyway, the back likes to goes around a lot, it likes to drift around the turns.. But if you can control the gas pedal, the car will go around the corners rather nice, and it boosts thru the short straights. It likes courses that doesn't have big straightways, it seems to me that the favorite tracks for the Big Brother is something like Touge.

Clueless Tunes Big Brother (2) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Anyway, krenkme did an amazing job with this, its really an amazing drive, it can go around corners rather nicely or by doing drifts (depends on who's commanding this beast) and it suddenly boosts thru short straights. I liked it.

Clueless Tunes Big Brother (3) por GTP_Michelin9960, no Flickr

Now, to the notes:

Petty SRT8: 8/10
Challenger GTS: 9/10
Isabella: 9,5/10
Onboi Prototype: 9/10
MFT RT/8: 9/10
Praiano’s SRT8: 9/10
Clueless Onii-chan: 8,5/10

Good stuff NascarManiaco99.👍👍

Of course if you would have dressed "Isabella" in her GT FLUORESCENCE 008-W samba dress she wore in the Tons of Fun year end shootout and given her the custom heels she would have been at least a second faster and gotten a 10/10!:lol::crazy::lol:

Great reviews man! Congratulations... and XDesperado67... Isabella it's a pretty delicate and very cute name for a Challenger... but I like it! If you look at it you can smell her "femme fatale" personality.

Looks like our friend up there is in love with Isabella. :sly:

RRT Petty Challenger looks sweeet in French Blue and RKM Challenger looks damn scary! All others don't look bad either!

So many great tunes. I think my GT3RS replica may have a lot to learn from all of you.

Great reviews man! Congratulations... and XDesperado67... Isabella it's a pretty delicate and very cute name for a Challenger... but I like it! If you look at it you can smell her "femme fatale" personality.

Looks like our friend up there is in love with Isabella. :sly:

RRT Petty Challenger looks sweeet in French Blue and RKM Challenger looks damn scary! All others don't look bad either!

So many great tunes. I think my GT3RS replica may have a lot to learn from all of you.
It's named for my 83 year old mother who picked it as my entry for the Tons of Fun Year End Shootout in the tuning forum where she was a finalist.:D

You can check out some photos of her on the tune in my garage and also in the Outlaw Motorsports Garage Showcase Catalog photo gallery. (See my signature for links to both the garage and photo gallery.👍👍)
Here's a couple of my favorite photos of her taken by Tris_73.
clubmanstageroute54y.jpg

clubmanstageroute53.jpg

And here is a direct link to her tune.
Dodge, Challenger SRT8 '08, "Isabella"

Last edited:
"It's named for my 83 year old mother..." :ill:

Now I feel ashamed by the stuff I said... Respect and all the best for your mother 👍

LOL and I'll check the tune!

I like how intimately you referred to me as a goof in that review. :lol: It's alright though, since we all know how nice and not-insane I am. :lol:

As for the car itself, yea, pretty much as you described, tame for the 1.8 ton barge that it is, only loosening up a bit when you've stepped pass the line by quite a margin.

I see that someone saw that RKM Challenger looked damn scary, so goal achieved. :lol:

Good stuff NascarManiaco99.👍👍

Of course if you would have dressed "Isabella" in her GT FLUORESCENCE 008-W samba dress she wore in the Tons of Fun year end shootout and given her the custom heels she would have been at least a second faster and gotten a 10/10!:lol::crazy::lol:

Of course if I had bought the DLC I would have painted her the right way! But I didn't, so yeah. :lol:

A second faster because of a paint?! Bloody Hell! Then it would be the fastest on SS tires!

Very nice reviews. I have changed the gearing and got rid of some of the enormous oversteer, but of course I have yet to update the post :dunce:. Still, thank you for taking the time to tune it and run it. I am very happy with the outcome. :cheers:

Thanks Again. :dopey:

EDIT - Also, would you mind if I use your review in the post, when I get around to updating the tune?

Last edited:
@NascarManiaco99 if you have some spare time could you please outfit "Isabella" with a set of Race hard tires and give her a run. You can just PM me the results but I'm interested in how her time would compare to praiano's and if the better tires would hurt her driving feel. Think that just moving up one tire grade shouldn't have any real negative impact on the car.

Very good review Michelin! 2nd fastest on sports softs and 3rd overall isn't too shabby for the GTS. :D

Very nice reviews. I have changed the gearing and got rid of some of the enormous oversteer, but of course I have yet to update the post :dunce:. Still, thank you for taking the time to tune it and run it. I am very happy with the outcome. :cheers:

Thanks Again. :dopey:

EDIT - Also, would you mind if I use your review in the post, when I get around to updating the tune?

Sure, why not!

@NascarManiaco99 if you have some spare time could you please outfit "Isabella" with a set of Race hard tires and give her a run. You can just PM me the results but I'm interested in how her time would compare to praiano's and if the better tires would hurt her driving feel. Think that just moving up one tire grade shouldn't have any real negative impact on the car.

I could do it, just need to turn on the PS3 to do it (and get the daily bonus :lol:)

Very good review Michelin! 2nd fastest on sports softs and 3rd overall isn't too shabby for the GTS. :D

Yeah. I though it was going to be the fastest on SS tires until MFT came and get a little faster than the GTS.

Praiano’s Challenger SRT8:

Praiano is known by not nicknaming its tunes (at least when he posts them), by fully tuning up their vehicles and by using Racing Tires in his tunes. Myself uses one of his tunes, the BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ’97 without the turbo because when fully broken in, the F1 hits exactly 650PP, thus making it acceptable at the 650PP seasonals we have seen for some time now.

Praiano has a large list of clients. But can the brazilian from the state of Ceará make a Paulistano (who is born on a city other than the principal city of the state of São Paulo) happy? We're gonna discover soon enough.

Praiano’s Challenger has a huge amount of grip, but that is thanks to the Racing Hard tires installed. For the comparison, every other car tested here is using Sports Soft tires.
Its transmission is really hard worked, as you can hit 330km/h pushing the V8 engine to its limit, and the countless grip helps it get quicker than anyone else can do on the track. What would happen if his tune was made for Sports Soft? It would have the same amount of grip it has? Could the car reach the same speed it has reached? Questions that might be answered later, for now, I'm just testing the cars like the tuner has released them.
Hi thanks for the this. I agree with your comments but not on 2 points. I don´t fully tuned cars since a long time and not always road cars with racing tires. I tune by Peformance points and over 550PP sometimes with racing tires because 80% of onlines room are racing like this.
Thank for the review, have a good sunday in São Paulo.:)

Hi thanks for the this. I agree with your comments but not on 2 points. I don´t fully tuned cars since a long time and not always road cars with racing tires. I tune by Peformance points and over 550PP sometimes with racing tires because 80% of onlines room are racing like this.
Thank for the review, have a good sunday in São Paulo.:)

:lol: Thanks, good sunday to you too amigo!

I see. But for some time you did :lol:

Just to say, the next batch of reviews will be a Japanese batch. Probably up to 5 to 10 cars.

Porsche 911 GT3RS (997)

Wait, Porsche? In GT5? Not this time, folks. This is a replica made by diegorborges, a fellow brazilian who runs the DSpeedFactory, which is famous for their Porsche 911 GT3RS replicas, of the 996 and 997 generations. And right now, I'll be reviewing the 997 generation. What I could expect from it?

7192292270_930cc620e1.jpg

The replica is based on the RUF RGT '00. Being the base car and the replica being both from Germany, then I should and will take it to the heaven track, the Nürburgring Nordschleife, located in Germany.

7192292530_d780fcde78.jpg

Right of the bat, I feel the car sudden boost of acceleration. The suspension working very well adjusted with the transmission succeeds in taking you the fastest way to the next corner. The car feels very resposive to make the turn, and doesn't give a hint of understeer, and some little oversteer.

7192292786_b0b375bcd9.jpg

Being a RR (rear engine, rear drive) car, I expected it to have to correct the car countless time during the test, but, boy, I was so much wrong. Diego took his time perfecting the machine, making the rear stay stable during all time.

7192293218_4541bb971f.jpg

It felt like the car was made for me. Very forgiving, I could attack the curbs with no fear, no understeer, little oversteer. Overall, the car was so good, that I only did a mistake after the Bilstein sign in the 2km long straight, where I tried to brake with two wheels on the grass. Still, I made a 360, and after I pointed it in the right way, just had to press the accelerator and the car went, without any hesitation.

7192294390_b829bcded2.jpg

A time of 7:08.883 was reached due to the mistake. The rating of the replica is a 9.75/10!

Finally!!! I was waiting for this review. The factory is getting warmed again for the production run 003. :)

Thanks for the great feedback. All feedback I receive is valuable information in the development process. Thanks a lot man!

The GT3RS is known for its great handling and for the multi-purpose character. A car that you can use on both road and track. That's what I wanted for it and I think I got it in the right path, because you can use it for cruise, for a more relaxing road driving and throw it on the track right away. :D

Finally!!! I was waiting for this review. The factory is getting warmed again for the production run 003. :)

Thanks for the great feedback. All feedback I receive is valuable information in the development process. Thanks a lot man!

The GT3RS is known for its great handling and for the multi-purpose character. A car that you can use on both road and track. That's what I wanted for it and I think I got it in the right path, because you can use it for cruise, for a more relaxing road driving and throw it on the track right away. :D

The handling was superb, it answered every input I gave it without any hesitation. I'm in love with it!

Always glad to help!

Back