8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
Ah well, alright. And yes, the next race will be in 2 weeks time because of all the shenanigans, much like what we did when christmas was around. :)

The video is being put together as we speak, the parts have been encoded during the past hours. It could be up tomorrow by this time, if we're lucky!

Edit: upload running, approx. time left: 500 minutes.

Last edited:
start_monaco_2011_3-1024x682.jpg

Monaco Grand Prix

Qualifying

1 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari
2 -
Germany.png
Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing
3 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams
4 -
United%20States.png
socom_killer - Force India
5 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing
6 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams
7 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP

Race

1 -
Germany.png
Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing
2 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari
3 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams
4 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams
5 -
United%20States.png
socom_killer - Force India
DNF -
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP
DSQ -
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing

Standings

1 -
Australia.png
PAWEL17 - AT&T Williams - 116 points
2 -
Germany.png
Baumi27 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 111 points
3 -
Canada.png
BlacqueJacques - AT&T Williams - 72 points
4 -
Poland.png
bazylfox - Scuderia Ferrari - 65 points
5 -
Canada.png
jcm - Team Lotus - 55 points
6 -
United%20States.png
socom_killer - Force India - 32 points
7 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
davybrowndog10 - Red Bull Racing - 28 points
8 -
Northern%20Ireland.png
delimitri - Lotus Renault GP - 24 points
9 -
Poland.png
V12Engine - Team Lotus - 17 points
10 -
Antarctica.png
Jerry 786 - Scuderia Ferrari - 15 points
11 -
Germany.png
Mr.S - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points

1 - AT&T Williams - 188 points
2 - Marussia Virgin Racing - 111 points
3 - Scuderia Ferrari - 80 points
4 - Team Lotus - 72 points
5 - Force India - 32 points
6 - Red Bull Racing - 30 points
7 - Lotus Renault GP - 26 points
8 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - 14 points

A pause for Easter.

I will be more competitive at Montreal; I just wanted to survive Monaco.

I managed to stay off the armco all race, but overly cautious as my fastest lap reveals :)

I think the race will be tighter in Montreal :crazy:

I hope I'll finally be able to make it to the race in Montreal, really need to get some laps in the RB in before. :)

Yep, everything for me is behind, i see 1 step backwards. That at the end with bazyl, on my screen, i was side by side, and he pushed me into the wall. But here it clearly shows it wasn't the case.
It seems, because of it, i can't do any actual races.

Yep, everything for me is behind, i see 1 step backwards. That at the end with bazyl, on my screen, i was side by side, and he pushed me into the wall. But here it clearly shows it wasn't the case.

PAWEL i would NEVER push you into wall in purpose ! I saw you spinning at last corner so i took the inside. If i knew that i would hit you, i would surely slow down to avoid it.

PAWEL17

I wouldn't say that you couldn't do any more races, just to be more cautious and give more room online then offline.

Just curious, do you feel the force feedback of hitting another car in real time, or is it lag affected aswell. Because that sounds like it be really bad if the lag affected the feedback :(

jcm
I wouldn't say that you couldn't do any more races, just to be more cautious and give more room online then offline.

Just curious, do you feel the force feedback of hitting another car in real time, or is it lag affected aswell. Because that sounds like it be really bad if the lag affected the feedback :(

Good question, yes, i do feel getting hit.
And yes, i do have to be more careful, but this is racing, and in the heat of hte moment, you rarely think about that as you want to keep your position, and of course, race, like i did with Baumi in turkey.

And Bazyl, i know, i'm not saying anything against you, i know you're a fair racer, it's just that on my screen, unfortunately, that's the case.
Just like with Baumi.

Canada is going to be interesting, as there are many places where these things can happen. So, when i see someone close to me(by seeingg the marker) i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Better safe than sorry.

I'll be racing online this long weekend (Easter).

Just curious; what assists and views, and info (e.g. course map, proximity arrows/indicators, etc.) do each of you use?

For myself:

I use 'T' cam (I use to use driver view-my favourite but hard to avoid collisions when racing is close) because I can see some more of the area around the front of my car; checking rear view often when a car is closing

No course map, proximity arrows, etc. just use the tire temp, tire wear and fuel/lap info when needed.

No assists except for driving line for those unfamiliar, not often raced online, circuits; enjoy no assists at all, but few such races online .

I enjoy the online racing the most; especially with clean drivers like yourselves 👍

Last edited:
canadian-flag.jpg

SUNDAY - 8:30pm UK time (9:30pm CET) - Please inform me in advance (message me!) if you can't make it!

Pressure is on to make the podium at the 'home' track :nervous: :)

I have actually walked on the circuit in the mid 80's, and collected bits of carbon fibre :)

BlacqueJacques
Pressure is on to make the podium at the 'home' track :nervous: :)

I have actually walked on the circuit in the mid 80's, and collected bits of carbon fibre :)

Haha, That sounds pretty awesome. You still have those pieces? Good luck by the way.

A few hours left! :P

Random question: does the Steam version of F1 2011 download updates on it's own or do I have to install them manually? I purchased it on Steam a few days ago but there's no version number visible in the main or options menu. F1_2011.exe is listed as version 1.2.0.0, so it should be the same version that's running in our league races, right?

Mr. S
A few hours left! :P

Random question: does the Steam version of F1 2011 download updates on it's own or do I have to install them manually? I purchased it on Steam a few days ago but there's no version number visible in the main or options menu. F1_2011.exe is listed as version 1.2.0.0, so it should be the same version that's running in our league races, right?

I'm guessing it updates through the Steam Client itself. Whenever you start up Steam it'll probably do a check of Updates. Then I'm guessing you have to click "update/install/download" or something like that for the updates.

Yeah, it didn't update itself - yet, I've bought it months after the last patch has been released, so it might've installed the most current version right away.

To answer you're question, would require me lying and pretending I had an understanding of how computer gaming works :)

I do know that the Ipod app version of this game is incredibly diffcult. I can't do a five lap race without getting some kind of penalty on that game! It's crazy!

I'm still not sure what pit strategy to use. 2,3,4? They all seem pretty equal right now. I'm not sure I can pull off a 2-stop and I'm not sure that a 3-stop is faster then a 4-stop.

If it's dry I feel like I have a good shot at pole; been getting a few 1:09.1s. Leading from the front makes it easier to improvise a pit strategy, right? If it's wet then it'll be completely improvisation, except for the wet setup which is installed.

Should be exciting, I need to do well for the home crowd, get back into championship contention, and hopefully share the podium with my other fellow Canadian eh :)

It'll also be my first online race with my new G27 👍

Well, you have a stronger driver in Baumi to contend with, he will be pumped with Germany winning today.
I will get no where near 1:09.xxx's
I'm hoping for a podium...that is, if Bazyl hasn't improved even more from last race.

I'll go for the 4 stop, if I'm in the mood and join instead of recording it. :P

Also, grats on the G27! 👍

I always liked Canadian GP, last night i did some testing with new setup and finished with 1:08:6xx in TT.

Don't know how i'm gonna make in tonights race, but since last race i feel hunger for podium :)

@jcm - with new wheel your gonna win for sure.

My goal is top 5 as usually.

PS. i will record our race like last time.

Went to download Windows Movie Maker, Nek minute..... Blue screen.
Now i can't get on my PC. Even safe mode failed. I'll wait a bit, and hopefully record my version of the race, in case of conflict. I have a back up camera. So i'll try that.

🤬, I thought we were going on GMT time, not BST! Okay, I've 12 minutes to get on my PS3, and join the lobby. I'll only do 1 quali run if I can, so that I have time to eat breakfest :lol:.
🤬, I should've paid more attention to the OP.

Back