8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
So I've now done exactly 9hotlaps with all of the cars in GP mode. None of the laps posted had and influence from traffic. I checked, and whether it's sunny or cloudy makes basically no difference to the laptime. I'll do another test at some point, spending a larger amount of time on each car. I couldn't try the online car yet sadly, but hopefully soon. Apperently they are not all equal, but regardless I'm loyal to Caterham in this series, so I won't worry about it :)

Brazil Practice1 - Sunny - GP mode:
McLaren 1:06.672
Red Bull 1:07.068
Ferrari 1:07.211
Sauber 1:07.469
Mercedes 1:07.599
Lotus-Renault 1:08.377
Williams 1:08.539
Toro Rosso 1:08.544
Force India 1:08.620
Marussia 1:10.570
HRT 1:10.751
Caterham 1:10.900

If I had done 3more laps on each car, I think most times would go up by .05-.15seconds, with exceptions. Probably .2s in the Mercedes, and .3+ from the Caterham, Lotus-Renault, and Force India if I could get a better lap in. I struggle to get fast times in cars with understeer, so 3more laps might not be enough to get the time out of those cars.

As I only did 9laps, don't consider this the fastest you can go in these cars, focus on the differences between the cars.

I'm not so sure I can do it here. Not enough practice, you will probably have this one. Those are some pretty solid times. I hope I can equal or better them on clean laps, but I still can't even manage to do a clean lap.

Baumi27
ha I was just faster like I will be later :lol:

:lol: no that will be your only win today :)

Championship is mine, and more importantly, Caterham will be 2nd in constructors, ahead of the stupid Marussia Cosworth! :lol:

jcm
:lol: no that will be your only win today :)

Championship is mine, and more importantly, Caterham will be 2nd in constructors, ahead of the stupid Marussia Cosworth! :lol:

I think I am very fast at this track!

My online races were all fantastic

Gone be hard for you I think ;)

Baumi27
I think I am very fast at this track!

My online races were all fantastic

Gone be hard for you I think ;)

We'll be alongside on the main straight, and you'll go across to ram me into the pitwall, then back off at the last second because it shows my nationality as Finnish and you'll be too confused to drive, so you'll ram yourself into the pitwall! :lol:

Or it'll be a totally fair race with no incidents whatsoever :P

jcm
We'll be alongside on the main straight, and you'll go across to ram me into the pitwall, then back off at the last second because it shows my nationality as Finnish and you'll be too confused to drive, so you'll ram yourself into the pitwall! :lol:

Or it'll be a totally fair race with no incidents whatsoever :P

In one race an idiot did exactly that to me :ouch:

Baumi27
In one race an idiot did exactly that to me :ouch:

:lol: In all seriousness though, I have a feeling it'll be decided by a puncture or hitting the pit lane entrence :( Also, first few corners could be bad, have to give enough room that the guy doesn't crash, not so much he gets past you. Should be exciting :)

jcm
:lol: In all seriousness though, I have a feeling it'll be decided by a puncture or hitting the pit lane entrence :( Also, first few corners could be bad, have to give enough room that the guy doesn't crash, not so much he gets past you. Should be exciting :)

I hope I can do better than the germans in the olympics

They are just dreadful 👎

Well, what an ending to the finale, with Baumi coming out on top, to be crowned the 8th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Champion. Congratulations.

After i was shocked at the pace of the leaders, i decided to just go all out, and see what i can achieve, after quickly passing Sandman(Which by the way, thanks for showing up, much appreciated), i was being dropped by Baumi, who disappeared into the distance to catch the poles sitter, i had massive tyre wear, and was only thinking about if i could make the 3 stop work.

My second stop was awesome, as i was able to make ground, on the fighting duo at the front, i pitted first, and was able to do the under cut, which didn't last very long, as baumi quickly caught me and passed me, then JCM caught me, but struggled to pass me.

I ran wide into the first corner, as did jcm, hitting me in the process, with awesome sportsmanship, he gave me back the place, and continued behind me for another lap, by which then Baumi had gained a massive advantage.

My highlight of this Championship has got to be Turkey, because i had an incredible battle with Baumi for many laps. to take the win. He was handicapped so it was a fair fight.

Last edited:
Congragulations Baumi on becoming season 8's Drivers Champion 👍 :cheers:

Qualifying
I got my 11th pole of the season, but I was a bit nervous, as Peter and Baumi were also quick, but both made mistakes on their final lap.

1. jcm 1:07.140
2. Peter 1:07.424
3. Baumi 1:07.704
4. EnterSandman 1:08.423
5. Pawel 1:09.933

Race
Got off to a good start, and built a 3second lead over Baumi. Pawel and EnterSandman were further back, and Peter had a miserable race which resulted in a DNF. Baumi slowly gained on me, as I was still trying to figure out the tyre strategy. We both pit for primes, and I was still in front, though only by a very small margain. In the second stint we battled for position while still saving fuel (this track is very thirsty). Lots of position changes, often 2 overtakes a lap. Sadly it wasn't as fun as it could've been due to the lag. It would show me as being in front when on the timing screens Baumi was 2tenths ahead? Meant that we each had to be careful not to cause the other to crash. This happened for a while, and I saw Baumi lose control a bit, I could've passed him, but I thought it might have been my fault, so I let him stay in front, as we continued to battle for 1st. All the while Pawel closed in...

Baumi pit for primes on lap 24, I stayed out. Looking back, my next lap was quick, and had I pit that lap, I probably would've been ahead of Baumi, and possibly ahead of Pawel. Sadly, I waited 1 extra lap and my tyres got quite bad. I lost a over a second on that lap while Pawel and Baumi got faster. I came out on fresh options, a bit behind both of them.

Baumi got past Pawel into the lead, and I stayed behind for a little while, thinking Pawel would make a pitstop. As it happened, he'd already made his 2nd pitstop, and a few laps later I was right behind him, unable to pass. I got a chance with a few laps left when he locked up, but I locked up too and Maldonadoed past him. So I slowed down and let him re-pass, and that was it for me. I got past a lap or two after, and tried to catch Baumi, but he was too far ahead. I only had 4laps left, and he was 5+seconds ahead. In the end he crossed the line in first, claiming the drivers championship. 👍 It was a fun year and hopefully next year will be just as good, except with the Canadians winning more eh :)

1. Baumi 43:14.028
2. jcm +1.292 (1:08.256)
3. Pawel +7.559
4. EnterSandman +44.787
5. Peter DNF

7671923700_45ab386920_b.jpg

I think that's right.

Last edited:
Sandman(Which by the way, thanks for showing up, much appreciated)

No problem, Peter invited me so i raced for fun :).

My aim was to not get lapped seeing that that was my first race on brazil in ages! plus no practice. The race started and i just wanted to avoid all contact on first lap, giving plenty of room to others. i was running with Peter but he looked like he had tough control of his car, he was spinning off quite alot so i managed to create a pitstop length gap before he crashed, i then saw no cars for the rest of the race :lol:

well done to the top three for the close finish. 👍

Yeah I guess around then? I won't be able to host this championship as I'm way too busy in this half of the year, but hopefully I can make it to most races eh :)

Despite wanting to get it for the PC, i decided to get this game for PS3 as i enjoy playing on the bigger screen. I was wondering if we will get a 9th installment, because i'm very keen to race again. and i'm very curious if they've fixed some connection issues.

Game appears to be better; worth buying but I will wait quite a while after release before buying a F1 2013 PS3 version again :grumpy:

I like my big screen too :)

I am enjoying the online racing more so now 👍 after finally receiving the patch here in Canada (North America; Poland too from what I read in posts:)):grumpy:

Patch release has been an issue this PS3 version; PC gets patches quickly; next is XBox; PS3 (Sony Entertainment) last in line :crazy:

Good to hear. Now someone just has to setup and organize the 9th season, if there are any willing drivers for it, at least 8-10 regular drivers will do, better than last season.

I signed up for a F! 2012 series on another thread - shaggy alonzo I beleive, and I messaged him recently but no news on that front (yet)

BlacqueJacques
I signed up for a F! 2012 series on another thread - shaggy alonzo I beleive, and I messaged him recently but no news on that front (yet)

That's a different shaggy :P

I still haven't got this game, and I probably won't either, but if I did get it I'd still be too busy to host/participate this series. It might be different in the spring, but for now I can't. If the rest of you guys want to set up a league on GTP, feel free to use this thread to get prepared before you officially setup the series. Running the series isn't too hard, the only really hard part is creating and managing the OP, which last series I didn't do :lol:

Good luck to everyone in the 9th GTP F1 series 👍

Latest Posts

Back