Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Very well, I'll see what I can do, I haven't driven a RX-7 for a while, so I'm happy to oblige.

And yes, you seemed very happy with the victory...:dopey:

Do tell us your findings. I'm not arsed to sift through my friend list just for a Mazda. :lol:

I've screwed up these shootouts for more times than I have succeeded. I think the ratio is 3:2, so every time I make something work and work as well as I feel it can on the limits, it makes me happy. More so when others feel the same about it as well. :D

Do tell us your findings. I'm not arsed to sift through my friend list just for a Mazda. :lol:

I've screwed up these shootouts for more times than I have succeeded. I think the ratio is 3:2, so every time I make something work and work as well as I feel it can on the limits, it makes me happy. More so when others feel the same about it as well. :D

Learn by mistakes. That is obvious. But anyway, it's good that others feel that your car has done well for the limits.:)

I never expected the "DMWGs" to win. I did expect them to be competitive though and so far they have been more than holding their own so I'm happy.👍👍

I never expected the "DMWGs" to win. I did expect them to be competitive though and so far they have been more than holding their own so I'm happy.👍👍

Well, they did win something, actually. The "I didn't expect that to show up!" award, awarded to the car which shocked all testers the most when they rocked up and saw the car list. :lol:

That's good.👍 They're good cars as is, so I know at the very least that are good enough to keep up with tough rivals.

They will also be crowned as the fastest car to run all three classes since I was the only one crazy enough to roll with just one car for all three classes.:D:crazy:

If I had been serious about trying to win something though I would have gone with either a '99 or '00 Lan Evo VI TM edition as they have a great blend of power and weight for their PP and handle beautifully even before you start really tuning them. Was shocked that with all the Scoobie luv there weren't more Evos entered.:odd:

They will also be crowned as the fastest car to run all three classes since I was the only one crazy enough to roll with just one car for all three classes.:D:crazy:

If I had been serious about trying to win something though I would have gone with either a '99 or '00 Lan Evo VI TM edition as they have a great blend of power and weight for their PP and handle beautifully even before you start really tuning them. Was shocked that with all the Scoobie luv there weren't more Evos entered.:odd:

That is surprising that there weren't many LanEvo's or Skylines. Why would anyone ignore a Evo?:yuck:

That is surprising that there weren't many LanEvo's or Skylines. Why would anyone ignore a Evo?:yuck:
Main reason other than wanting a crazy fast wagon that I didn't use one was I figured that there would be a ton of them. Nothing against the Scoobies but think the Mitsus have the edge performance wise.

Because they are ugly, boring, dull, understeering pieces of bull****.

Well, not all of them, really.

Main reason other than wanting a crazy fast wagon that I didn't use one was I figured that there would be a ton of them. Nothing against the Scoobies but think the Mitsus have the edge performance wise.

Just by a small margin, they're pretty similar cars. It hard to pick the better one because of that. But someone gotta use the Caldina for something, so it's good that you went for it.

Onboy123
Oh yea…:D You can tell I'm happy with it, can't you? :lol:

Clueless, EAT OUR 🤬 DUST!! :lol:

:P... I may have bitten off more then I can chew :dunce:

Sorry I have not tested anyones cars. Sliced my hand open and had to get 18 stitches :grumpy:. Once the pain and tenderness goes away I'll get to driving, and working on some Outlaw tunes :grumpy:

:P... I may have bitten off more then I can chew :dunce:

Sorry I have not tested anyones cars. Sliced my hand open and had to get 18 stitches :grumpy:. Once the pain and tenderness goes away I'll get to driving, and working on some Outlaw tunes :grumpy:

Indeed you have. :P

Ouch…how the hell did you manage that? :crazy: No no no, don't rush yourself, wait till it's actually better before you get going, I don't want you driving, driving, feeling nothing but the nice feelings of either our cars or yours, and then suddenly the DS3 vibrates and it's suddenly half covered in blood.

Onboy123
Indeed you have. :P

Ouch…how the hell did you manage that? :crazy: No no no, don't rush yourself, wait till it's actually better before you get going, I don't want you driving, driving, feeling nothing but the nice feelings of either our cars or yours, and then suddenly the DS3 vibrates and it's suddenly half covered in blood.

Helping a buddy hang some siding. It slipped and I tried to catch it, and slice :dunce:

I forgot about the vibrations. Is there a way to turn it off? Trust me I'll take my time getting back. Thanks. :dopey:

Helping a buddy hang some siding. It slipped and I tried to catch it, and slice :dunce:

I forgot about the vibrations. Is there a way to turn it off? Trust me I'll take my time getting back. Thanks. :dopey:

Ouch……sounds nasty……think of it this way, no fingers were lost.

Yea, hold the PS button until a black menu pops up, select controller settings, there's an option for turning it off in there. 👍 No problems, until then, get your daughter to drive, train her into a GT Pro! :dopey:

Onboy123
Ouch……sounds nasty……think of it this way, no fingers were lost.

Yea, hold the PS button until a black menu pops up, select controller settings, there's an option for turning it off in there. 👍 No problems, until then, get your daughter to drive, train her into a GT Pro! :dopey:

Yep, all fingers are fine :lol:

Thanks, I'll try that in a couple of days (maybe ).

I'll see if she can master Harveys "Holy Grail" challenge :dopey: (she's already a better driver then me :sly: )

Yep, all fingers are fine :lol:

Thanks, I'll try that in a couple of days (maybe ).

I'll see if she can master Harveys "Holy Grail" challenge :dopey: (she's already a better driver then me :sly: )
Hope you heal up fast krenkme. Forget driving in the game, real life work is going to be 🤬 H E double hockey sticks for you, and you can't turn off the vibration for that.:ill::(

By the way you and your young Stig get to pick the next track, tire type and target time in the Quest for the Holy Grail since it is the "Clueless Outlaw Trophy Car" that is the weapon of choice in this quest.:D:tup:👍:gtpflag:

XDesperado67
Hope you heal up fast krenkme. Forget driving in the game, real life work is going to be 🤬 H E double hockey sticks for you, and you can't turn off the vibration for that.:ill::(

By the way you and your young Stig get to pick the next track, tire type and target time in the Quest for the Holy Grail since it is the "Clueless Outlaw Trophy Car" that is the weapon of choice in this quest.:D:tup:👍:gtpflag:

Well I am a little lucky on the work side. My brother drives truck as well, so he took a week off of his job to drive for me. Now I just get to do office work :yuck:

Very cool. She is at a friends house right now (spring break) but when she gets home I'll let her know there is a challenge waiting for her 👍:dopey:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Ginetta, G4 '64, "Holy Handgrenade"
So Harvey Wallbanger's Café & Motorsports Garage recently had its 2,000th visit of note. To celebrate this milestone and to help foster the spirit of friendly competition between the Outlaws and other tuners on GTPlanets garage row, ol' Harvey announced that he was building a special Trophy Car.
The Ginetta G4 has always been the kind of offbeat car that the Wallbanger likes to roll out in, but its also been an endless source of frustration for him. According to the PD braintrust and its specifications on paper this Kit car, which is actually older than ol' Harvey, should be a screaming rocket that easily devours tracks and other cars. Unfortunately this promise of high performance is destined to always be nothing more than a dream as the car seems determined to go in any direction except the desired one creating a billowing smoke screen from its tires as it does so.
Yes it was time for the Wallbanger to give this bit of British insanity a real purpose, so with a fresh Gold Chrome finish applied to the car and its custom wheels, ol' Harvey set about creating the "Clueless Outlaw Trophy Car" which would be given for safekeeping to the founder of any garage that could win a challenge against the Outlaws in either a F.I.T.T. sponsored event or a Tuner Wars battle. However cars are meant to be driven and not left to collect dust in the murky corners of some garage, so Harvey Wallbanger's Quest for the Holy Grail was created where this car now known as the "Holy Handgrenade" would be the weapon of choice. Not for the faint of heart this car can be an invaluable weapon in the arsenal of any who seek the Holy Grail known as the perfect lap. It will never be mistaken for a high performance exotic supercar, but what this ancient bombshell will do is provide a unique driving experience which will give the driver countless thrills while honeing their knowledge of the track and driving skills. While this car is destined to see a career as the "Clueless Outlaw Trophy Car", we are happy to share the specifications so you can own your own "Holy Handgrenade".:cheers:
Trial20Mountain20Circuit-6.jpg

Trial20Mountain20Circuit-1-2.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Gold Chrome(Paint by Gran Turismo)
Wheels: Rays Volk Triniti V (Pained Gold Chrome by Gran Turismo)
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.445,
2nd=1.875,
3rd=1.485,
4th=1.195,
5th=0.885
5) Set Final gear to 4.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 155mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 12, Acceleration 8, Braking 6
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.2, Rear 2.6
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear +0.20
Ride Height Front -16, Rear -2
Spring Rate Front 10.6, Rear 10.7
Dampers (Extension) Front 6, Rear 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 7, Rear 2
Anti-Roll Bars Front 5, Rear 1
Brakes Front 3, Rear 4

The car has 605PP, weighs 416Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 277HP and produces 270ft-lb torque@5,400rpm with a 8,400rpm redline.

Note: While okay to drive with an automatic transmission the car should get much better performance with a manual transmission.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Ok, off topic-ish, but just an announcement regarding how much stuff will be coming from me in the near future.

My PS3 is starting to develop overheating issues, today being the first time it has properly been burnt out. I'm worried now that this is going to become something of a common practice for it. So I'd be very surprised if it makes it to…say…the next FF shootout?

Anyway, onto the point. In hopes of me not going from rising "hero" (hardly) back to a Zero, I need to back things up. Thing is…I don't know how. So does anyone know how to back up your GT5 save and whether a 40GB USB is enough to do the job? Current save is at 2805KB.

Ok, off topic-ish, but just an announcement regarding how much stuff will be coming from me in the near future.

My PS3 is starting to develop overheating issues, today being the first time it has properly been burnt out. I'm worried now that this is going to become something of a common practice for it. So I'd be very surprised if it makes it to…say…the next FF shootout?

Anyway, onto the point. In hopes of me not going from rising "hero" (hardly) back to a Zero, I need to back things up. Thing is…I don't know how. So does anyone know how to back up your GT5 save and whether a 40GB USB is enough to do the job? Current save is at 2805KB.

Use the Backup Utility (the USB HDD needs to be as big or greater than the HDD in your PS3) or Data Transfer Utility (if you have a new PS3) in the System Settings.

raVer

Use the Backup Utility (the USB HDD needs to be as big or greater than the HDD in your PS3) or Data Transfer Utility (if you have a new PS3) in the System Settings.

raVer

Thanks. 👍 Now gonna hurry to back up the game save before the damn thing overheats again…:nervous:

Well, I have tested AC's RX-7 and his LanEvo on Tsukuba. They did pretty well. And I have also tested the Holy Handgrenade. Holy sh..., more like...:scared:

Sorry for the double post, but I also have to continue with the:

The dangerous Caldina trilogy: part 2

Phase 2

Well, after Phase 1, we move on with the Caldina trilogy into phase 2. This Caldina has very little differences over phase 1, but they do afect the car's speed and handling. I do like the colour of the car, looks like a Clio Williams...

The biggest addition to the car's specs is the turbo, a high spec one, which amps up the power to a very healthy 463 hp, along with a deep weight reduction to a impressive 1294 kg. At least it's not fat anymore... So, as I've said, the biggest differences are in speed and accel.

Driving the car 'round HSR shows how much the car got from adding a turbo. The car now can top about 270 km\h, and the 4WD keeps the car gripping, even in bad moments. Like Phase 1, it feels sharp and more lively than, let's say, a Airtrek, so you can take this thing into races against R35 and shock your friends! It's like a japanese RS6. And I love the RS6! So I like this car too. The gearbox is set to keep the car revs in the high district, so if you're driving with MT, keep the car revving high or you're losing the best part of this car.

Phase 2 is a good improvement over phase 1, with the extra power helping the great handling. Of course, it will get smoked by other cars of the competition, but drive this for the sake of fun and joy. That is the best way of driving this car.

Well, I have tested AC's RX-7 and his LanEvo on Tsukuba. They did pretty well. And I have also tested the Holy Handgrenade. Holy sh..., more like...:scared:

And where's the review for…pretty much all the cars you've tested yet not reviewed, including the Imprezas? :P The Banana is scary, right? I just did the FGT race on Fuji Speedway and thought "This ain't that bad, I need more skill to drive that Banana than I do with this SOB!" :lol:

Well, I will post all of the reviews, one at the time, like this one...

AC's spinning engine: Mazda RX-7 by ACSR421

Ok, so we have another shootout car, this time from AC. This one is the 490 entry, and it should be more competitive than Harvey's Caldina, but that is obvious, it's a RX-7! Since it's a 490 pp car, it should be pretty limited in terms of specs, so I'll focus on the driving.

RX-7's are great handling cars, with a near perfect weight distribuition, a good engine and a great suspension. But all cars deserve improvement, so AC upgraded a few things here and there to make the car even more competitive than before. Just by reducing weight in level 1, the car now weighs about 11xx kg, which is great for a sports car. The engine got some extra thingies, which amped up power to 328 hp, along with a great sound, rotary style. But what 'bout driving?

To find the answer, I went to Tsukuba to see for myself how good this thing is. And it did very well in the laps I've done around the track. I mean, it's kinda slidey in low-speed corners, but everywhere else it was near perfection. The car's balance is perfect, so corners are dealt with in a manner that only RX-7's can do. Speed shows up when you need it, with no delay in between gears. No under or oversteer shows up when you drive it, which only helps. It is a impressive car, for sure, but not the best of the 490 pp cars. That honor has to go to someone else...

The Scoobie of 490: Subie Impreza 490pp edition by Onboy

And then we have Onboy's car... A car which already proved popular with a few testers in the shootout. And a great Impreza, too, if you care. A hommage to a white Impreza on a YT video. All of that, and more.

This white monster doesn't seem that impressive when you look at the specs. I mean, the only big mod in the engine is a ECU! But power is not everything, as you should know. And when it comes to driving, this thing is as impressive as it should.

Grip? Always, with this car. Speed? Pretty good. The rally heritage of this car shows itself pretty well. It never goes wrong in corners, the 4WD system keeps the wheels on the right place. I bet that this thing could be the fastest car in Tsukuba in my leaderboard. Yep, it's that good. Traction is great, speed is great and the overall car is great. It can give AC's Mazda a run for its money. And since there are no LanEvo's in the class, it can smoke just about everything else. You want a good under 500 pp car? Get this one. You won't be sad...

Inspired by a legend: the HKS wanna-be

And then we have another Scoobie by Onboy. This one is the 550 pp car, inspired by the infamous HKS Evo, a car that Onboy adores quite a lot. So he made a Scoobie with a big wing and a improved engine that should grip like it can't do anything else in its life. So, can it do that?

Maybe... No, wait, it does. Very well. If Onboi wanted a HKS Impreza, he did pretty well. The grip is everywhere in this car, in every corner. In Eiger, the car never had a bad moment, just good ones. There isn't a corner this car can't grip itself into. So you can carry amazing speeds through corners, while keeping a good look doing it. Speeds come and go in a smooth way, and there is enough go-juice to keep up with rivals. Such a great Scoobie, this car. Grip, speed and power. A real HKS Scoobie. And you should know that is too good to pass up...

Quadruple posts FTW! :lol: Anyway, yes, as you found out with the two, they do like to grip. The way they drive is:
Off Throttle = Rotation
On Throttle = Grip

Works for some people, others not as much. Glad you liked them though. 👍 Now…about the Prius… :sly:

Quadruple posts FTW! :lol: Anyway, yes, as you found out with the two, they do like to grip. The way they drive is:
Off Throttle = Rotation
On Throttle = Grip

Works for some people, others not as much. Glad you liked them though. 👍 Now…about the Prius… :sly:

Oh no, not that...:nervous::dopey: Er, what do you like to do?

Hope the short and quick reviews please you, even though I quad posted. :dopey:

Back