• Thread starter MSTER232
  • 342 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MSTER232
PS3 =/= Xbox 360
:) Wheel Only Drifting Tournament :)
-- News / Notices --​

- The season has started. It is to last 5 rounds.
- Judges are needed!
- Credit goes to SalmanBH for this idea of a wheel only drifting tournament. Original Thread
- MonsterGAUZ takes the win for round 1!

-- Rules and Regulations --

Maximum BHP is 600
Minimum weight is 1100kg
As the title suggests, wheel users only (you will be tested for steering smoothness)
Aftermarket Aerodynamic Parts are allowed
Rear Wheel drive cars only (FR, MR, RR)
Comfort Medium Tyres
Grip Reduction Loss is set to Real
Tyre Wear is turned off
You are required to keep your car until the end of the tournament, so choose wisely

-- Banned Cars List --

ALL Race Cars and Race Modded Cars
RX-7 Spirit R Type A
Jay Leno Tank Car
Chevrolet Corvette (all models)
Ferrari (all models)
Dodge Viper (all models)
Lexus LFA
Ford GT
Jaguar XK, XXR Coupe
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, SLR, SL 55 AMG

--------------------------------------------------------

Competition Judging and Format
Since I know nothing about judging talented drifters (since I'm not a judge), I will leave this to the judges who wish to help me out with this tournament. But I do know the 4 basic things to drifting; speed, line, overall impression and angle. Speed is how fast you are able to take a corner while drifting it, and different cars will be faster than others. Line is taking the correct line as decided by me and the judges before the round begins. Drivers are judged for line by how close they get their car to the clipping points (which may be on the inside or the outside of the course). Angle is how much angle you can pull off without spinning out.

Qualifying (Solo Run)

For the qualifier, which is usually held a day before the main event, drivers will be judged on the section of track that the main event will be held on their own. When they have finished, the judges will rate their run out of 100 with 100 points being a perfectly executed run. The driver will also get two chances to get the highest score possible but large deductions in points will be caused by understeer, tyres dropping off the track or spin-outs.

Depending on how many judges are available on the day of the qualifier (3 is best), all the judges will rate the run, and the points actually given to the driver for their run will be the average of all the judges' ratings.

Main Event (Tandem Run)

For the main event, the 16 top drifters will be picked to attend and a tournament bracket is usually set up beforehand and two cars will be drifting together at the same time 16 drifters will become 8 drifters, then 4 drifters and then 2 finalists in the tournament grid. A very crucial and important rule here is that no intentional reverse entries are to be performed by either car, as they cause huge speed differences between the two cars which causes accidents. One car (the leading car) will start which will be followed by the car behind (the following car). The leading car drifts to the best of their ability while the following car tries to mimic the leading car and get as close as possible to their door. If the trailing car manages to hold a good line, speed and angle while still being right behind their opponent, they will be given an advantage. If they fail to keep up with their opponent and they seem to struggle in the corners then the leading car will be awarded the point. At the end of the run, 10 points are split between the two cars depending on their performance (10:0, 9:1, 8:2, 7:3 and so forth...).

There are two heats in a tandem run, while sudden death heats will be used when necessary. The heats are best out of 3. During the second heat, the leading car will switch to become the following car and vice-versa. If the following car (which was once the leading car) was to win again for instance, they would advance into the next place on the bracket. If the leading car was to win the point in the second heat, then the score between the two cars would be 1 - 1 and the event will continue for the next point.

-- Point Standings --

Round [1] - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

1st MonsterGAUZ - 50 points

2nd Onomatopeja - 40 points

3rd SixSpeedGearBox (:sly:) - 30 points

4th MSTER232 - 20 points

5th Olegonic - 10 points

6th NuttaWithAGun - 10 points

7th Dworks - 10 points

Everyone else - 10 points also because Round 1 was a little on the unorganized side :ouch:

-- Judges --

monsterGAUZ

More judges are needed!

-- Points System (Championship) --

1st - 50
2nd - 40
3rd - 30
4th - 20
5th - 10
6th - 10
7th - 10
8th - 7
9th - 7
10th - 7
11th - 7
12th - 7
13th - 5
14th - 5
15th - 3
16th - 1

-- Sign-ups --

When you sign up, please sign up in the following format:

(Picture of your car here in 300x400 format)

GTPlanet ID/PSN Name:
Team (if any):
Wheel:
Car:
-----------------------------------------------------

Round 1 - Autumn Ring

Visual Line Explanation:

vra61j.jpg

- Date Diary -

Qualifying (Europe):
Qualifying cancelled; less than 16 sign ups.
Qualifying (United States): Qualifying cancelled; less than 16 sign ups.
Main Event: 19th May 2012 @ 6pm BST

Round 2 - Monza

Visual Line Explanation:

24wej49.jpg

Qualifiying (Europe): Cancelled
Qualifying (United States): Cancelled
Main Event: Friday 1st June 2012 @ 7pm BST, GMT +1(Just turn up for this, if you are the unlucky 17th player then I will send you a message when you are needed)

*I will be unable to host the qualifying room for America because I will be very tired at 2 am in the morning :crazy: .
-----------------------------------------------------

-- List of Participants --

MSTER232 / MSTER232 / Toyota Supra RZ / 590 bhp

2#

7058242077_7b843ac2ec.jpg

3#

6912450316_c9113388ff.jpg

4#

kyotoshorenin4.jpg

5# DriftZz | ( No Drift Team) | G27 | Aristo V300 | 500 bhp

6#

6941758008_d9670dc79a.jpg

7#

FT-86Banner-1.jpg

8# NismoNinja23 / PeacefulSamurai | (No Drift Team) | G27 | TOM'S Chaser X540 | ? bhp

9# riverfiver / Dr-Driftman | (No Drift Team | G27 | To Be Determined |

10# Lspredator / Lsopredator | Team DriftMonkey | G27 | Toyota Supra RZ | 524 bhp

11#

suprawheel.png

12#

Dworks / MLD_DriftWorks / Lexus SC430 / G27 / ? bhp

13#

DriftShiro / Prodigy-ShiroJP / Dai Sai Lexus SC430 / 570 bhp

14#

eigernordwandshorttrackw.jpg

15#

7236173196_66d7398def_z.jpg

16#

NuttaWithAGun / NuttaWithAGun / 540X Chaser / DFGT / 500bhp

17#

iEatRadBagels / OsakaHQ-Chillum / OsakaHQ / G25 / 370Z / 550hp

Last edited:
Dang it, a Comfort Medium tournament and it's wheel only... :indiff: :banghead:

You remember the Comfort Medium revolution suggested by monsterGAUZ? I guess fellow drifters aren't really liking the rules and regs so under special conditions I might change it.

EDIT: I just remembered you don't have a wheel maveric :( .

You remember the Comfort Medium revolution suggested by monsterGAUZ? I guess fellow drifters aren't really liking the rules and regs so under special conditions I might change it.

No, i love Comfort Mediums, it just sucks that I can't join this. Sorry if it looked like I meant that I hated them. By the way, I support the revolution.

Just out of interest, how come the Spirit R & M3 GTR are banned?

Just out of interest, how come the Spirit R & M3 GTR are banned?

Spirit R is the fastest drifting RX-7 that gives a huge advantage over others (many professional drift comps ban the Spirit R anyway) and the M3? Hmmm, let's think about that shall we :embarrassed: ?

EDIT: Lowering weight to 1100kg and lifting the ban on the M3 GTR.

No need for a the cocky answer, it was a simple question. And the M3 GTR is a street car isn't it? Nothing to think about really.

No need for a the cocky answer, it was a simple question. And the M3 GTR is a street car isn't it? Nothing to think about really.

I wasn't giving a cocky answer. But I don't want to start an argument so let's just forget about it.

Forgot to sign up:

GTPlanet ID/PSN Name: powellx235/powellx234
Team (if any): BURST - ILLUSION DORIFUTO
Wheel: G27
Car: TBD

comfort medium .... ill give it a go

GTPlanet ID/PSN Name: Drift_Monkey/MLD_DriftMonkey
Team (if any): Major League Drifting
Wheel: DFGT
Car: Mustang Cobra R 600hp

I forgot to say, don't we also need proof of the person having a wheel?

Yes, proof of the person having a wheel is needed. I know Powell has a wheel because I've seen him drift before, and his drifting is really smooth so I will add him to the list. Plus team burst are wheel users only...

Why RX-7 banned?
How about ReAmemiya?

Only the Spirit R is banned. All other models are allowed though so it shouldn't be too bad for RX-7 lovers ;) .

EDIT: I've also seen Drift_Monkey drift (:lol:) and he is very smooth so adding to list as well.

MSTER232
Yes, proof of the person having a wheel is needed. I know Powell has a wheel because I've seen him drift before, and his drifting is really smooth so I will add him to the list. Plus team burst are wheel users only...

Only the Spirit R is banned. All other models are allowed though so it shouldn't be too bad for RX-7 lovers ;) .

EDIT: I've also seen Drift_Monkey drift (:lol:) and he is very smooth so adding to list as well.

Cheers for the kind words! 👍

GTPlanet ID/PSN Name: monsterGAUZ/=
Team (if any): BURST
Wheel: G25
Car: Ford Mustang Mach1 (575HP)

👍 for CM limit

Last edited:
Hey Mster, could you tell me why are all the Chevrolet Corvette banned? What's wrong with the C3 and C2 and C4? I know all hate the C5 and so on but I think the other ones should be allowed.

Hey Mster, could you tell me why are all the Chevrolet Corvette banned? What's wrong with the C3 and C2 and C4? I know all hate the C5 and so on but I think the other ones should be allowed.

I wasn't thinking of the older corvettes when I wrote that... sorry :indiff: ...

EDIT:

GTPlanet ID/PSN Name: monsterGAUZ/=
Team (if any): BURST
Wheel: G25
Car: Ford Mustang Mach1 (575HP)

👍 for CM limit

I didn't think you would join this lukas... welcome to GTP's first CM drifting tournament 👍 .

GTPlanet ID/PSN Name: xdriftzzinc/LR-L2L-xDriFtZz
Team (if any): None
Wheel: G27
Car: 350z '06 (549hp)

Back