◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
I haven't checked the forum in a while and I just noticed all this color talk as well. I've looked back over the posts about it, and I'm still slightly confused. Is choosing a color mandatory? I always drive silver cars, but I never bother to make sure they're all the same shade...

It is completely optional. Here is the list so far. Though, it does seem a bit out of date.

Thanks everyone for making it out! figured out my issue too. My ds3 was face down in a chair. oops.

On the schedule for tonight for anyone that is interested will be the parity racing. Just to give a little run down on how this will work:

We will use one car all evening, the S2000 '06. We will have tuning prohibited. Everyone will use engine limiting for the first race to bring their PP level down to 415. After the first race, those that finish well will have their PP cap lowered. Those that finish poorly will have their PP cap raised. The lowest your PP allowance will ever go is 405. The highest is 430.

We will run through all three tracks, adjusting PP caps after each race. We will then go back through the three tracks again. Hopefully, as we go along, the racing will get tighter and tighter, and who will win each race will be come less and less predictable.

Mind you, I tend to keep losing because I keep wrecking. Unlike boost events, this parity device won't help make up for an off. It is more important to go slower and don't wreck.

Should be able to make it. If I can get everything done and back home by 7:20 I'll be good. If not I'll let you know as well.

Machine.

On the schedule for tonight for anyone that is interested will be the parity racing.

I'll be on tonight and I've talked to a few other snails who said they would be as well. Hopefully, both groups combined will result in a healthy grid size.

And I've warned people in the other thread that they need to add SNAIL_Division2, so expect some friend requests.

I haven't received any friend requests to the SNAIL_Division2 account at all. Would it be easier if I just sent your usual parity group friend requests so that they could just accept it or reject it depending if they can participate tonight? I'd like to avoid a situation (like last night during Monday Mayhem) where I had to log out of the races that were already going on in order to accept a late friend request sent to the divisional account we were in.

I think that chyuler1 and nic-KL are the only ones that haven't been involved in SNAIL.

I think that chyuler1 and nic-KL are the only ones that haven't been involved in SNAIL.

Also miata_1, maybe GTP_esh, and GTP_pyxen.

I was planning to participate in tonight's parity race but now I am out. I won't be done until after 10pm central time

You can drop in any time. It isn't a big problem if you are a little late.

1GTRchallenge.png

*banner courtesy of dudeondacouch*
Date and Time:
Saturday Nights starting April 14th
10:00pm to approx. 11:30pm EDT

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01

Practice/Qualifying:
30 minutes will be allotted to qualifying. Practice may be done at anytime, but seeing as there are events and practice taking up the other nights of the week, there will be no official practice sessions. This is why I extended practice/qualifying to 30 min. Please feel free though to practice anytime, but focus on Sunday night, as that is more important to the overall league.
Race:
American Tour:
Race 1:

Laguna Seca - 48 laps(approx. 1hr.)
250px-Laguna_Seca.svg.png

Race 2:

Daytona International Speedway(Road Course) - 40 Laps
Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg

Japanese Tour:
Race 3:

Suzuka Circuit - 30 Laps
circuit_diagram-japan.png

Race 4:
Fuji Speedway F - 40 Laps
Fuji.svg

GT Original Tour:
Race 5:

Grand Valley Speedway - 40 Laps
800px-GT5_Circuit_Grand_Valley_Speedway.svg.png

Race 6:
Trial Mountain Circuit - 40 Laps
800px-GT5_circuit_Trial_Mountain.svg.png

European Tour:
Race 7:

Spa Francorchamps(provided everyone has dlc) - 30 Laps
spa.jpg

Race 8:

Nurburgring 24HR - 6 Laps
nurburgring-nord24_map.gif

Regulations:

Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run)
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard and Racing Medium * Special rules listed below.*
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed

Special Rules:
Due to some confusion I have decided to outline the tire restrictions to hopefully get everyone on the same level.

* You can choose which tires to start the race on, either racing hard or racing medium
* There is a mandatory pit stop during the race
* At this pit stop you should change to which ever tire you did not start on. Example: You start on Racing Hard, at the pit stop you would change to Racing Medium or vice versa
* There is no limit to how many pit stops you take, so long as you make one to change tire compoud
* Also there is no limit to how many laps you may take on a set of tires before pitting. If you would like to run one lap and change tires, then that is perfectly fine
* All qualifying should be done on Racing Mediums, but if you think you are faster on Racing Hards then by all means qualify on them.

Driver List
*As of May 19*
GTP - PSN
#1 - AJKVail - AJK-VAIL - 199pts.
#2 - fzappa - tcrash15 - 184pts.
#4 - sharkie - M1SS-D3V10US - 148pts.
#3 - cmbeal317 - cmbeal317 - 167pts.
#5 -kcheeb - kcheeb - 96 pts.
#6 - zer05ive - zer05ive - 84pts.
#7 - dabneyd - dabneyd - 76pts.
#8 - unrealanthony - unrealanthony - 28pts.
#9 - GTP-esh -GTP-esh - 26pts.
#8 - irmopars - Mighty_mopar - 20pts.
#9 - dvddoughboy - dvddoughboy - 20pts.
#10 - dudeondacouch - dudeondacouch 9pts.
#11 - tezgm99 - tezgm99 - 9pts.

*Please let me know if I missed anyone, I'll keep this updated with new drivers and this is where I'll track points, so the order will change after the start of the races on Saturday April 14th.*

Points System:

The points system will be as follows:
1st - 28 Points
2nd - 26 Points
3rd- 24 Points
4th - 22 Points
5th - 20 Points
6th - 18 Points
7th - 16 Points
8th - 14 Points
9th - 12 Points
10th - 10 Points
11th - 8 Points
12th - 6 Points
13th - 4 Points
14th- 2 Points

I'm doubling the points, as opposed to the league counts points on Sunday night. This is to account for if someone would be disconnected during the race. They would then be given half points for starting the race. As usual there will be 1 point awarded to the pole position.

Prizes:
These will be the prizes for the top 3 finishers this season.
BMW M3 GTS

bmwm3gts000_opt.jpg

BMW 1M
bmw-1m-coupe.jpg

Alpina BMW 2002 Turbo
1974_BMW_2002_Turbo_Front_1.jpg

Thanks again for joining me last Saturday and I am hoping that everyone will be able to race for the next few weeks. If this does well enough, I'll probably start a second season at the end of this one, with a different car of course. Also please remember to refer to here, as I'll be updating this post with the number of laps for the future races, as soon as I get some laps in.

Thanks again!:)
cmbeal317

Last edited:
* You can choose which tires to start the race on, either racing hard or racing medium
* At this pit stop you should change to which ever tire you did not start on. Example: You start on Racing Hard, at the pit stop you would change to Racing Medium or vice versa
* There is no limit to how many pit stops you take, so long as you make one to change tire compoud
* All qualifying should be done on Racing Mediums, but if you think you are faster on Racing Hards then by all means qualify on them.

Is there a minimum number of laps you have to put on a set of tires, or is pitting to change to hards, and then pitting again on the next lap to put on mediums ok?

cmbeal, great job with this post! I've updated the schedule so that it links to this new and improved layout. 👍
Thank you zer05ive!:)

Is there a minimum number of laps you have to put on a set of tires, or is pitting to change to hards, and then pitting again on the next lap to put on mediums ok?
There is no limit to how many laps you must do on a set of tires, or how many times you change tires. I'll update the post above to reflect this.

Thanks to everyone that turned out for the little parity test. If you have any suggestions for making it better, let me know. Do you think it is something worth doing here every week?

As to the results (6 races total):

1. Diabolicwyvern - 47 points
  2. dabneyd - 43
  3. spooble - 37
  4. Psycho-Tuber - 37
  5. zer05ive - 35
  6. ADR_BRONCO - 31 (4 races)
  7. a_garris - 28
  8. ChuthuluGoat - 26 (5 races)
  9. aubdogg - 21 (4 races)
  10. g-MachineREX - 15 (5 races)
  11. Apmoddock - 7 (3 races)
  12. Handlebar-Man - 3 (2 races)
  13. DjX2391 - 1 (1 race)

And for anyone interested, here is the spreadsheet.

M3 GTR Race Car Challenge

M3GTR Challenge by cmbeal317, on Flickr
Date and Time:
Saturday Nights
10:00pm to approx. 11:30pm EDT

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01

Practice/Qualifying:
30 minutes will be allotted to qualifying. Practice may be done at anytime, but seeing as there are events and practice taking up the other nights of the week, there will be no official practice sessions. This is why I extended practice/qualifying to 30 min. Please feel free though to practice anytime, but focus on Sunday night, as that is more important to the overall league.
Race:
American Tour:
Race 1:

Laguna Seca - 48 laps(approx. 1hr.)
250px-Laguna_Seca.svg.png

Race 2:

Daytona International Speedway(Road Course) - Laps to be determined
Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg

Japanese Tour:
Race 3:

Suzuka Circuit - Laps to be determined
Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg

Race 4:
Fuji International Speedway - Laps to be determined
Fuji.svg

GT Original Tour:
Race 5:

Grand Valley Speedway - Laps to be determined
800px-GT5_Circuit_Grand_Valley_Speedway.svg.png

Race 6:
Trial Mountain Circuit - Laps to be determined
800px-GT5_circuit_Trial_Mountain.svg.png

European Tour:
Race 7:

Spa Francorchamps(provided everyone has dlc) - 28 Laps
spa.jpg

Race 8:

Nurburgring 24HR - Laps to be determined
nurburgring-nord24_map.gif

Regulations:

*Copied from Zer05ive's original post, with modifications to the section on tires.*
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run)
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard and Racing Medium * Special rules listed below.*
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed

Special Rules:
Due to some confusion I have decided to outline the tire restrictions to hopefully get everyone on the same level.

* Also there is no limit to how many laps you may take on a set of tires before pitting. If you would like to run one lap and change tires, then that is perfectly fine

Points System:

The points system will be as follows:
1st - 28 Points
2nd - 26 Points
3rd- 24 Points
4th - 22 Points
5th - 20 Points
6th - 18 Points
7th - 16 Points
8th - 14 Points
9th - 12 Points
10th - 10 Points
11th - 8 Points
12th - 6 Points
13th - 4 Points
14th- 2 Points

I'm doubling the points, as opposed to the league counts points on Sunday night. This is to account for if someone would be disconnected during the race. They would then be given half points for starting the race. As usual there will be 1 point awarded to the pole position.

Prizes:
At the end of the season I was planning to give away BMW themed prizes to the top three drivers. I'm still working out the details, and they will most likely be replicas of cars not available in the game.

Thanks again for joining me last Saturday and I am hoping that everyone will be able to race for the next few weeks. If this does well enough, I'll probably start a second season at the end of this one, with a different car of course. Also please remember to refer to here, as I'll be updating this post with the number of laps for the future races, as soon as I get some laps in.

Thanks again!:)
cmbeal317

There is 1 piece of info missing from that post. What date does the series race start?

Thanks to everyone that turned out for the little parity test. If you have any suggestions for making it better, let me know. Do you think it is something worth doing here every week?

As to the results (6 races total):

1. Diabolicwyvern - 47 points
  2. dabneyd - 43
  3. spooble - 37
  4. Psycho-Tuber - 37
  5. zer05ive - 35
  6. ADR_BRONCO - 31 (4 races)
  7. a_garris - 28
  8. ChuthuluGoat - 26 (5 races)
  9. aubdogg - 21 (4 races)
  10. g-MachineREX - 15 (5 races)
  11. Apmoddock - 7 (3 races)
  12. Handlebar-Man - 3 (2 races)
  13. DjX2391 - 1 (1 race)

And for anyone interested, here is the spreadsheet.

Tonight's parity racing was a blast! Really tight and competitive action. You know the racing's good when you spend more time watching the replays of the races than you do actually racing in the races! :lol:

Speaking of which, I checked out the two overtaking maneuvers that you were involved with at the swimming pool section. Very nice racecraft indeed! 👍

which nights/events need bannerz? i'll be back at work this week, so i need something to do.

Hey Dude,

Tuesday Parity racing, Wednesday practice and the Saturday M3 GTR Challenge don't have banners. As long as the coordinators of the series would like a banner, that'd be cool!

If garris is willing to continue hosting his Tuesday Parity Racing here, then it'd definitely be cool if you worked with him on a banner. This is where you guys left off the conversation last week.

As for the remaining events, I not sure Wednesday's practice needs a dedicated post/banner but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Also, Saturday's M3 GTR Challenge post already looks pretty sweet as it is, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if cmbeal wants anything else added to the look.

Back