Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Its so easy to control round trial mountain. I normally have problems running on that track but in this it seems smooth and collected. Drifts pretty good too ;) As for the 'holy grail', Did you tune that on ice? It really doesnt like straight lines :D
I had a drive with the Holy Handgrenade a while back. Quite crazy, I must say.:crazy: It's like an Elise with plenty of ilegal substances in the engine. Did I mention it was crazy?:dopey:
Believe it or not the "Holy Handgrenade" is a grip monster if you compare it to a G4 that's been similarly modified but left a stock settings. If you don't believe me try it...just don't try to stick me with the resultant hospital bills.:crazy::lol:

Personally I think the car is a great learning tool as it teaches you the importance of throttle and brake control as well as forcing you to find the best line possible around the track. Take what you learn driving this insane beast and use it with another car and you should see an improvement in your time unless your already a great driver.:D

i have a G4 thats fully modded and i just tried it. You are right. I nearly died. Yours grips like that Cusco Impreza compared to the stock setting G4 :D

It's amazing the things you find...

When you surf the web!:crazy:

i_love_harvey_wallbanger_tshirt-p235107340381353828bv4ww_400.jpg

:bowdown::gtpflag::D

It looks like you are going to be keeping the Holy Handgrenade.:ouch: The offical results of the shootout have yet to be posted by Ryangt. But here are the...

:dunce:Unoffical Clueless Tunes vs Outlaws 490pp Japanese Celebration Shootout Statistics:dunce:

Outlaws(XDesperado67, Oniboy123, ACSR421)
Combined group total time: 2431.862 seconds
Tsukuba group lap average: 62.006 seconds
Suzuka group lap average: 140.649 seconds

Clueless(Krenkme, Dadog, Theo777)
Combined group total time: 2442.416 seconds
Tsukuba group lap average: 62.376 seconds
Suzuka group lap average: 141.158 seconds

Looks like you win by ten and a half seconds in what turned out to be a very close shootout. Congratulations Outlaws!:( :) :dopey:

*mumbles to self*

Good job Outlaws. It seems I will be employed by you for a little while ... *mumbles to self*
... just kidding, great job to you all, and I wouldn't want to be beaten by any other group then you. :cheers::dopey:

And to Dog and Theo... sorry guys, next time it will be ours 👍

*mumbles to self*

Good job Outlaws. It seems I will be employed by you for a little while ... *mumbles to self*
... just kidding, great job to you all, and I wouldn't want to be beaten by any other group then you. :cheers::dopey:

And to Dog and Theo... sorry guys, next time it will be ours 👍

Thanks Krenk, it was a fun side bet for the shootout and a very close one at that 👍

If this means I get a car tuned by one of the clueless team then I have my choice ready, a supercharged Pontiac Solstace :dopey: I have a stock one I can send to be tuned if needed.... Thanks again :sly:

Thanks Krenk, it was a fun side bet for the shootout and a very close one at that 👍

If this means I get a car tuned by one of the clueless team then I have my choice ready, a supercharged Pontiac Solstace :dopey: I have a stock one I can send to be tuned if needed.... Thanks again :sly:

Super solstice huh? I'll get right to work. :D

ACSR421

It was very fun, and it looks like our two garages have the two fastest cars (too bad my times really hurt our overall time :dunce: )

It looks as though Theo has taken up your request 👍

Theo777
Super solstice huh? I'll get right to work. :D

Thanks for helping me out Theo :dopey:

Hello everyone!

I'm new to my DFGT. I probably have 4-5 hours on it total right now. I started by playing around with my favorite car, the Caterham Fireblade, cruising around on a custom track. That helped me understand the big differences between a DS3 and the wheel. It was fun and relaxing. GT5 is a new game with a wheel, and my arthritic hands are blissfully pain free for the most part.

Then I met Desperado. As quick as I could I grabbed the Golden Skateboard and headed to Trial Mountain (a short drive from both my house and Desperados').

Holy Golden Arches! Batman. So much for the relaxing part. Yesterday, an hour of driving later and my best time was around 1:42.3xx or so. I'm giving it another go now and within three laps I cut it down to 1:41.176. Still $h!t I know, but I'll keep at it.

Update: 1:40.283. Ahhh, hitting an apex helps. The more I relax the faster I get. To get 1:38.500 I'll have to become pudding.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I'm new to my DFGT. I probably have 4-5 hours on it total right now. I started by playing around with my favorite car, the Caterham Fireblade, cruising around on a custom track. That helped me understand the big differences between a DS3 and the wheel. It was fun and relaxing. GT5 is a new game with a wheel, and my arthritic hands are blissfully pain free for the most part.

Then I met Desperado. As quick as I could I grabbed the Golden Skateboard and headed to Trial Mountain (a short drive from both my house and Desperados').

Holy Golden Arches! Batman. So much for the relaxing part. Yesterday, an hour of driving later and my best time was around 1:42.3xx or so. I'm giving it another go now and within three laps I cut it down to 1:41.176. Still $h!t I know, but I'll keep at it.

Update: 1:40.283. Ahhh, hitting an apex helps. The more I relax the faster I get. To get 1:38.500 I'll have to become pudding.
Welcome to the Café Ronald.👍👍
Good to see that your ride along with Ol' Harvey Wallbanger the other morning didn't give you a heart attack!:lol:
Hope we can get together again sometime soon and good luck with the "Holy Handgrenade".:cheers:

In other news the Chief Parrothead krenkme informed me that we've had 100,000 views recently, so I'll look to get something special up for it soon.:gtpflag:

Last for those of you who may be interested. The Budget Car Challenge is starting a new season with a slightly revised format. This season is a celebration of the 80s. Budget is 45,000Cr for your car and all tuning parts. See the last couple pages of the BCC thread for details on the changes made to format, they're mainly regarding the posting of results and scoring. So everyone crank up your Wham, Falco and Cindy Lauper and get back into the 80s!:crazy::D

XDesperado67
So everyone crank up your Wham, Falco and Cindy Lauper and get back into the 80s!:crazy::D

What? No love for Frankie Goes to Hollywood?

Desperado, your driving was relaxing. Its the untrained morons (read: just about everyone else on the road) who scare the p!ss out if me. The drive with you was fun and I'd do it again, but next week I work early (5:00am early, not 1:30am early) on Monday. So how about the week after? I'll buy the gas this time.

I'm down to 1:39.747. I keep tensing up and wham! Harvey Jr. I rekon I can get 1:38.500 by tomorrow night (it is 1:38.500 and not 1:35.800, right?). Even if I have to spend 14 hours at it. Oh, the sacrifices I make for the sport.

I'm really liking this little Golden Ferret. Once you understand its attitudes it's quite a blast. Just behave as if it's two cars: one while breaking and one while accelerating. Goldie is teaching me more about my wheel than the Fireblade.

What's your best time with this car on Deep Forest?

@Ronald6 haven't a clue as to a time on Deep Forest with the "Holy Handgrenade". Maybe krenkme will choose that track for our next "Holy Grail" quest.

Yes the main target time is 1:38.500. There is a secondary target time of 1:35.000 that earns the title of Champion and gets to set the peramiters of future challenges with the "Holy Handgrenade".:D:crazy:

Happy to have you along whenever so a week from Monday sounds good.👍👍

Note: why are you using the brakes?:crazy::lol: Seriously though there should only be a couple of spots on the track that require more than backing off the throttle.:drool:

XDesperado67
@Ronald6 haven't a clue as to a time on Deep Forest with the "Holy Handgrenade". Maybe krenkme will choose that track for our next "Holy Grail" quest.

Yes the main target time is 1:38.500. There is a secondary target time of 1:35.000 that earns the title of Champion and gets to set the peramiters of future challenges with the "Holy Handgrenade".:D:crazy:

Happy to have you along whenever so a week from Monday sounds good.👍👍

Note: why are you using the brakes?:crazy::lol: Seriously though there should only be a couple of spots on the track that require more than backing off the throttle.:drool:

1: 1:35.000? Has anyone hit this target? I'm only on page six of this thread, 112 to go.

2: Cool.

3: You try this with a wheel!
But seriously, you should try it. There's no way I'm taking the post-tunnel lefthander without at least a little breaks. And the lefthander at the end of the last downhill complex.

1: 1:35.000? Has anyone hit this target? I'm only on page six of this thread, 112 to go.

2: Cool.

3: You try this with a wheel!
But seriously, you should try it. There's no way I'm taking the post-tunnel lefthander without at least a little breaks. And the lefthander at the end of the last downhill complex.
Try looking in Harvey Wallbanger's Quest for the Holy Grail.:sly:
That's the actual challenge thread, this is my Café/Tuning garage.:lol:
First page of the challenge thread has details of the challenge in the OP and the second post is the list of all who have successfully completed it along with their times. So far we have one Champion who has gone under 1:35.:drool:
Krenkme's 10 year old daughter has also beaten the target time of 1:38.500.:gtpflag: (krenkme hasn't been able to drive lately because of a hand injury that's hopefully healing quickly.)

Sorry about that. I noticed I posted in the wrong thread just before I saw your post. :headsmack:

10 years old, that's impressive. DS3 or wheel? My 6 year old daughter has gotten three of the liscenses with a DS3. She's enjoying the DFGT but she can't seem to get the hang of the Golden Loafer (it does kinda look like a shoe, right?). It takes me so long to load a friends car (about half an hour, if it doesn't freeze up on me) that I haven't let her drive anything else, and for some reason she doesn't want to use her own account.

Before I finished typing and sending this she selects she own account. Kids...

Yah, she knows how to drive :D. She also loves seeing her name on the "Leader" board.

Driving now with a padded glove on my hand for work, but it may be too trouble some for playing. I hope to give your car a go in the next few days. :scared:

Sorry about that. I noticed I posted in the wrong thread just before I saw your post. :headsmack:

10 years old, that's impressive. DS3 or wheel? My 6 year old daughter has gotten three of the liscenses with a DS3. She's enjoying the DFGT but she can't seem to get the hang of the Golden Loafer (it does kinda look like a shoe, right?). It takes me so long to load a friends car (about half an hour, if it doesn't freeze up on me) that I haven't let her drive anything else, and for some reason she doesn't want to use her own account.

Before I finished typing and sending this she selects she own account. Kids...

She uses a DS3 (as do I). It took her awhile to get the time she did, but it made her an even better driver now (so now she can really kick my a** :grumpy: ). It is a great driving tool (so I've been told), so I can't wait to be able to drive it.

I agree. Kids :rolleyes::lol::dopey:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Volkswagen Schwimmagen Typ166 '42 "Cthulhus last Ride"

This is where the Outlaws type up something interesting about the car, but for this car there isn't much left to tell. I made a bet with the head Outlaw, The Harvey Wallbanger, and he wanted my birds ride. Sad to make it public (I'm kinda selfish :dopey: ) and Cthulhu didn't want to see it go, but know it can be yours.

sangalganoabbey4.jpg

sangalganoabbey.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Funeral Black :(
Wheels: N/A
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: No
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Yes
Catalytic Converter: Yes
Exhaust: Racing
Turbo Kit: - High RPM
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: - Adjustable
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Med.

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: -
Power Limiter: -
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Top Speed to 62mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.430,
2nd=1.820,
3rd=1.390,
4th=1.075,
5th=0.855
5) Set Final gear to 3.500
Should display an indicated top speed of ???mph in upper right corner.(sorry didn't write that down)
LSD Front - Initial 15, Acceleration 22, Braking 5
LSD Rear - Initial 12, Acceleration 18, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.3, Rear 2.6
Toe Angle Front -0.15, Rear 0.10
Ride Height Front -5, Rear 0
Spring Rate Front 2.0, Rear 3.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 6, Rear 6
Dampers (Compression) Front 8, Rear 8
Anti-Roll Bars Front 5, Rear 4
Brakes Front 4, Rear 2

The car has 397PP, weighs 819Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 121HP and produces 163ft-lb torque@3,900rpm with a ?,???rpm redline.

Note: Best if used with a manual transmission. Keep the revs up between 3500-4200 RPM at all times, or else it will "bog" down

Note 2: Go easy on the brakes, and the sharp stearing.
Note 3: Once you get use to how this car handles, you too will enjoy it. :dopey:
Note 4: Do NOT use grippy tires, or you may tip over!!! (You've been warned)

sangalganoabbey2.jpg

-Edit- Sorry Harv, but this car is untradable... it is on share though :dopey:

@ACSR421 Your Super Solstice should be arriving to your garage shortly.:) It was certainly a fun car to tune.👍

Thanks Theo for tuning it and getting the car to me so quickly. I haven't played much GT5 lately but I did get a chance to try it at my test track some. A very fun car to toss around with good balance. :cheers:

Okay guys sorry I've not been more active the past few days. Been taking a bit of a break from GT5 to recharge my batteries as I got rather burned out after the Japanese shootout.

Working on a few projects currently that should hopefully be good when they finally see the light of day.:embarrassed:

In the meantime I'm most likely going to publish "tunes" for my BCC cars in the next few days. These cars are about doing more for less and finding the fun in the game using a tight budget. My first one will be a very low investment high return car that's perfect for winning the 500PP seasonal events with. Nothing like being able to earn several hundred thousand credits while smoking the competition in a car that costed less than 30,000 credits complete with all upgrades.:D Obviously it won't have much of the tuning options we've grown accustomed to but it should appeal to those who like driving "realistic" street tuned cars as opposed to track day monsters that would probably be less comfortable as daily drivers in the real world.

Okay guys sorry I've not been more active the past few days. Been taking a bit of a break from GT5 to recharge my batteries as I got rather burned out after the Japanese shootout.

Working on a few projects currently that should hopefully be good when they finally see the light of day.:embarrassed:

In the meantime I'm most likely going to publish "tunes" for my BCC cars in the next few days. These cars are about doing more for less and finding the fun in the game using a tight budget. My first one will be a very low investment high return car that's perfect for winning the 500PP seasonal events with. Nothing like being able to earn several hundred thousand credits while smoking the competition in a car that costed less than 30,000 credits complete with all upgrades.:D Obviously it won't have much of the tuning options we've grown accustomed to but it should appeal to those who like driving "realistic" street tuned cars as opposed to track day monsters that would probably be less comfortable as daily drivers in the real world.

That is great, look foward to it! Now that is a reasonable priced car...:crazy:

LanceVance
Best use for it since hitler :P

(Funeral Black , real name?)

I will try tomorrow :D

(I like this car)

:lol: no it's not the real name for the paint, I just called it that because it is his "last ride" :lol:

I hope you enjoy it. It has treated my very well, but it may take you awhile to get used to it's characteristics 👍

:lol: no it's not the real name for the paint, I just called it that because it is his "last ride" :lol:

I hope you enjoy it. It has treated my very well, but it may take you awhile to get used to it's characteristics 👍

How can you not get used and have fun on a tubb with wheels ? :mischievous:

One of the things I like but no one notices is when I'm at top gear track , I "drag" and 50 meters before wall I hit the brakes and the back gets up while the front goes to ground (Reverse of wheelie) , only car that dos it online :drool:

(Try)

Back