GTP WRS-Online : Special IV - Laguna Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 29

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 665 comments
You are almost there and being my favorite QB I'll give you some instructions. :sly: Our sign ups are completely automated, but do require a few things setup up front.

First you need to fill out the 3D3 Racing Form to get yourself listed in our automated system. Then you need to send FR to the lounges. You won't have to do that again.

Second, you use the form in the registration post of this event (or any event) to sign up for that event. That you have to do for every event.

See post #3 to sign up for the enduro and post #4 to sign up for the Saturday support races. Follow the instructions and it'll be done in about 2 minutes.

It a lot easier then memorizing the playbook written by your offensive coordinator.

PS> It wasn't your fault you didn't win the Superbowl. You should have 5 rings by now.

Thanks. Do I have to sign up for both support races? I can only make race #2. I have a meeting with Bill Belichick that day so I can't make the 2pm slot. We're trying to figure out how to get the other 2 superbowl rings we should already have.

My team did their best but there was a lot of passes they should have had. Especially Hernandez on the last drive, he never misses catches like that and I threw it perfectly. What a moron huh? Maybe next year.

:(

After what happened with Aderrrm's enduro today, even though we suspect it was a PSN/GT5 server issue, I urge you to do a test with 14 to 16 people at Laguna before the actual race to see if there are any bugs present or if people get dc'd. It may have just been a one-off but I wouldn't chance it.

Yea, I hear you Biffy.
It's just that apart from the actual room crash, I had other glith related problems.. One beeing that my tyres and fuel did not wear at all, even tho Adam had the lobby set up for it.. And the race before that, I coud'nt pit for 8 laps straight.. Car just kept on doing drive thrus.. I am, and always will be sceptic about Seca. So I decided after what happened to day to never race it again.. It's an easy choice though, cause I hate that track either way.

I'm not frustrated or mad, I've played GT5 too much to be surprised. So I see it as I'm just beeing rational.

Thanks. Do I have to sign up for both support races? I can only make race #2. I have a meeting with Bill Belichick that day so I can't make the 2pm slot. We're trying to figure out how to get the other 2 superbowl rings we should already have.

My team did their best but there was a lot of passes they should have had. Especially Hernandez on the last drive, he never misses catches like that and I threw it perfectly. What a moron huh? Maybe next year.

You don't have to sign up for both. They are optional. Since you are new to this series it's highly recommended you make one just to get to know the other drivers and visa versa before the enduro. Also, we've got the "simulated driver change" and those of you who didn't participate in the last enduro get a practice for that on saturday as well.

I would say that Welker had the most important "drop". It wasn't an easy catch, but was definitely catchable and would have made the last drive a non issue. One catch or lack of cost you a ring. That's twice it comes down to a single play.

Note: Guys are in the main lounge now if anyone wants to drop in for practice.

Also note we've added a few additional qualifying stewards to help with coverage:
  • GTP_mcfizzle US
  • GTP_jtv90069 AU
  • GTP_ealirendur AU
  • GTP_w-g-e NL
Any of the above are approved to observe qualifying runs for this event. Be sure to save any replays even if there are no close calls as we may need them for the podium videos. Thanks Guys!

I've updated the OP so the full list of stewards can be referenced there.

My GT Tune -

Aero = Max

RH 0/3
Springs 8.4/10.5
Damp Ext 5/7
DampComp 4/5
ARB 5/2
Camber 2.0/1.5
To 0.0/0.05
LSD 9/18/9

Brakes 3/5

Transmission

Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Set These

Final 3277

Last edited:
You don't have to sign up for both. They are optional. Since you are new to this series it's highly recommended you make one just to get to know the other drivers and visa versa before the enduro. Also, we've got the "simulated driver change" and those of you who didn't participate in the last enduro get a practice for that on saturday as well.

I would say that Welker had the most important "drop". It wasn't an easy catch, but was definitely catchable and would have made the last drive a non issue. One catch or lack of cost you a ring. That's twice it comes down to a single play.

Note: Guys are in the main lounge now if anyone wants to drop in for practice.

Also note we've added a few additional qualifying stewards to help with coverage:
  • GTP_mcfizzle US
  • GTP_jtv90069 AU
  • GTP_ealirendur AU
  • GTP_w-g-e NL
Any of the above are approved to observe qualifying runs for this event. Be sure to save any replays even if there are no close calls as we may need them for the podium videos. Thanks Guys!

I've updated the OP so the full list of stewards can be referenced there.

I definitely plan on the second supporting race. It will be great practice because like you said, I'm new to this series.

Welker's drop was very costly, but I'd at least say it was somewhat excusable. It's not like him to drop those but that's only because his hands are so good. Hernandez's drop was just ridiculous though and I think I'm forgetting a few others.

If only Gronk was healthy. I know we would've won that game easily if Gronk wasn't hurt. Bernard Pollard strikes again. I hate that guy. It was good talking to you man. I look forward to seeing you on the track.

Here is my RX-7 TC tune (DS3):

LSD: 8 / 11 / 7

RH: 13 / 10
SR: 12.0 / 14.0
DE: 6 / 5
DC: 5 / 4
ARB: 4 / 6

CA: 1.5 / 1.0
TA: 0.00 / 0.11

BB: 4 / 5

Transmission (if you don't follow the steps, the values will be wrong):
1- default
2- final gear 5500
3- max speed 180kmh (maximum on the left)

1st- 2.885
2nd- 2.138
3rd- 1.680
4th- 1.430
5th- 1.250
6th- 1.107

Final gear- 3.400

Hope it helps.

:cheers:

Big day for Croup C tomorrow ;)

Gonna practice as much as I can and qualify around 4 or 5 PMPDT

Big day for Croup C tomorrow ;)

Gonna practice as much as I can and qualify around 4 or 5 PMPDT

The majority of the LMP (Group C :sly:) class has already qualified. The following are yet to qualify for LMP and I assume are qualifying tomorrow:
  • GTP_Welsh-Bain (primary class is GT)
  • GTP_Wardez
  • GTP_Vagabond
  • GTP_EDK
  • GTP_HugoSTIGlitz

Currently practising in the main lounge. (GTP_3D3Racing)

Last edited:
I should be available for qualifying most of the day today if I'm needed. I'll be checking this thread every 15 minutes or so in case the main stewards aren't available.

Main lounge is closed for qualifying, do not enter until I update this message.

Update: Lounge is now open.

Just had a 1'23.573 in my lounge, by far my best to date. But like most of my best laps, it's an "outlier", meaning I've had no other lap that even comes close to it. Still a lot of work ahead of me if I want to be able to be this fast in quali! I'm using Kevin's tune.

My 787B and RX-7 TC setups:

787B

DF 60/85

Transmission
final gear to 3.500 , then max speed 240km/h (all the way to left)
and then the gears as follows:
F2.500

LSD 13/18/16

Suspension
10/15
17.5/20.0
4/8
3/1
6/1

2.4/1.9
-0.05/-0.20

Brakes 5/6 ABS 3

Racing Hard tyres

Best lap : 1'16.5

RX-7 TC

DF 35/60

Transmission
final gear to 2.500 and the max speed 260 km/h (161-162 mph)
and then set gears as follows:
F2.500

LSD 15/20/13

Suspension
15/20
14.9/15.1
3/8
3/1
7/1

1.9/1.5
-0.05/-0.14

Brakes 3/6 ABS 3

Racing Hard tyres

Best lap 1'21.929 x2

Last edited:
Lounge is closed for qualifying. Do not enter until I update this post.

EDIT: Lounge is now open.

Last edited:
I'm out I'm afraid guys - won't have the time to spare for the race. Is the support race still an option without having qualified?

I'm out I'm afraid guys - won't have the time to spare for the race. Is the support race still an option without having qualified?

Yes. If you are running support only, you can qualify late.

Just had a 1'23.573 in my lounge, by far my best to date. But like most of my best laps, it's an "outlier", meaning I've had no other lap that even comes close to it. Still a lot of work ahead of me if I want to be able to be this fast in quali! I'm using Kevin's tune.

i know what you mean, Daniel. I had a 1"25.700 earlier in the week in my lounge and a 1'27.xxx is the best I can do since in 3D3. :ouch:

EDK
Yes. If you are running support only, you can qualify late.

Late qualifiers are also allowed for the enduro, however they will start behind any drivers who qualified before the deadline (implying they will also be in the B lounge).

At this point it looks very thin for the LMP class as far as race B. :scared:

Revised GT Tune, best lap now 1:23.525.

Aero = Max

RH 0/0
Springs 11.0/15.5
Damp Ext 4/5
DampComp 3/4
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.0/1.5
To 0.0/0.05
LSD 9/17/9

Brakes 3/6

Transmission

Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left

Set These

Final 3277

Is there a pattern of DCs from Seca?

The last two times I have been DC'd form the 3D3 room, today the second time. DCs from my lounge has not been a problem.

Is there a pattern of DCs from Seca?

The last two times I have been DC'd form the 3D3 room, today the second time. DCs from my lounge has not been a problem.

May have just been a compatibility issue, as I believe I was hosting at the time. I have DMZ setup, but my connection is wireless.

Thanks, Kevin.....Since no one else seems to be having the same problem, probably just on my end.....having some bad weather down here today. Glad I was able to do some vids for study before the DC. :)

Oh, BTW, thanks for tunes.

After a few more LMP cancels we are down to just two left to qualify:
  • GTP_Wardez
  • GTP_HugoSTIGlitz
Eddie (Wardez) is in the lounge now warming up for his run. 👍

Mr. TomBrady will be the last man standing it appears. You've got exactly 4 hours and 32 minutes.

Kevin (EDK) and myself are in the lounge now, but both of us have to go away between ~5:45 PM Pacific and ~7:30 PM Pacific. If you want to qualify between these times tonight you will need to post here and see if another quali steward is available.

Ok. So I assume Qualifying is in the 3d3 main lounge? If I see anyone in there I'll just join and see if a stewards in there (unless I shouldn't for some reason).

I'm available now but I can wait until you guys get back if none of the other stewards are available. I'll check back in 10minutes.

I can be available during that time Tim. I will be watching here and join the lobby and check in on it every 15 or so.

Edit: Tom I will be available to qualify you. Take as much time as you need for pratice/warm-up.

Last edited:
Ok. So I assume Qualifying is in the 3d3 main lounge? If I see anyone in there I'll just join and see if a stewards in there (unless I shouldn't for some reason).

I'm available now but I can wait until you guys get back if none of the other stewards are available. I'll check back in 10minutes.

We are in here (GTP_3D3Racing) right now. If you come in now Wardez is warming up and you can get some laps in at the same time. I'm going to post shortly and close the lounge just before Wardez starts his quali race so check the thread right before entering.

***Qualifying in Progress***

Please do not enter the main lounge until I update this post.

Edit: Lounge Open.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back