#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
driftmunkey
New to the forum, diggin this thread, gonna try out a few of your guys' tunes this evening. Been wanting to give some of these touge style races a try, looks pretty fun!

you'll be hooked!

I was getting 8:50's consistently buy thee was already room for faster times. It's so agile that you can take her through some sections without even pressing the brakes (which I tried, but ultimately was afraid at times cause I run with full damage haha)

I know what you mean! I kept thinking, "I should be tapping on the brakes!". I have only took her around once at exactly 9:00. But I didn't adjust the transmission and thus kept topping out. I'm going to adjust that to see where I can get her to.

Stuke Sowle
I know what you mean! I kept thinking, "I should be tapping on the brakes!". I have only took her around once at exactly 9:00. But I didn't adjust the transmission and thus kept topping out. I'm going to adjust that to see where I can get her to.

She's a joy to drive. I wish I doesn't more time on her, though. It was for the tuner shootout from a few months back and I didn't take as much time on it as it deserved

I switched over to your settings and really enjoyed her handling. More so than mine. I'm gonna keep working with her as I can't get enough of this little car!

Stuke Sowle
I switched over to your settings and really enjoyed her handling. More so than mine. I'm gonna keep working with her as I can't get enough of this little car!

She's not called the Pocket Rocket for nothing :lol:

Spawn of LeMans:

New setlist of setups being worked on for all you speed freaks out there looking for something a bit faster from ya boy Snake:

Ferrari Enzo (yes, this one can actually turn.. initially tuned at Spa-Francorchamps)
Ford GT (The Yankees are at it again)
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (Legend of the Silver Arrow.. with a big wing!)
Audu R8 5.2 Chrome Line (Championship Heritage)
Jaguar JX220* (because it looks so damn cool)

*Will only be included if it can keep up with the others. Average 3:50 lap time.

CircuitdelaSarthe2009-1.jpg

BNR33 'LM Silhouette'
Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95

GT Auto:
Engine Restore : Chassis Restore

Tale of the Tape:
584PP
550hp/7300rpm | 412ft-lb/5300rpm
1285kg
Model: Standard
Type: Grip/Track

Upgrades:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: F/C
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: Hard - Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.985
2nd: 2.670
3rd: 1.950
4th: 1.490
5th: 1.200
6th: 1.010
Final: 4.100
Max Speed: 199Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
0 - 15
0 - 17
0 - 10

Suspension:
Height: -35/-35
Spring Rate: 12.1/10.5
Damper Extension: 10/9
Damper Compression: 8/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 1.8/1.2
Tow: 0.02/0.08

Downforce
F - 35 : R - 60

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

This car has been on my 'Must Tune' list for quite some time now, Now tuned it is hard to see why i never see it used.

Last edited:
Ahrweiler-TownSquare.jpg

SSX Racing Concept
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

GT Auto:
Rays VR.G2 in Black : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Rear A : GT Auto Wing B

Tale of the Tape:
505PP
426hp/6000rpm | 419ft-lb/4500rpm
1752kg
Model: Premium
Type: Replica

Upgrades:
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Air Filter
Transmission: F/C
Semi Racing Flywheel
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.011
2nd: 2.071
3rd: 1.531
4th: 1.151
5th: 0.851
6th: 0.671
Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 217Mph
(Set Max Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
Stock

Suspension:
Height: -17/-17
Spring Rate: 8.0/10.0
Damper Extension: 8/7
Damper Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 2.5/2.5
Tow: 0.00/0.00

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 20

Brakes:
6 - 5

Ballast:
7kg at +/-0

My second replica car build to be made on GT5.

Last edited:
2ufslev.jpg

GT Auto:
Full Restore
(factory Paint)
BBS LM-R
3,977.5 miles

ABS OFF

20z8yzc.jpg

SWAG on a hundred thousand million!
It's purple and the engine's in the back. It's twin-turbocharged and rear-wheel drive.
It doesn't even have ABS... It's pure madness!!
Bronson... has a Deathwish.

Last edited:
1zfiq9e.jpg

GT Auto:
Bleu Non Metallise
Full Restore
11,857.5 miles

33kepfb.jpg

It's got power and a LOT of torque... oh, and it's very front-heavy. 60/40.
But with smooth dampening and stiff springs it knows its place. In the right hands, though... it's an incredible force!

124d53o.jpg

GT Auto:
AMG Alubeam Silver
Enkei RPF01 (Graphite Metallic)
Oil Change
315.6 miles

o6d4xf.jpg

The legend lives!! Will easily set a sub 4-minute lap around Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (w/ chicanes). Very user friendly with mountains of torque and eyeballs-deep-in-your-sockets acceleration.

2ufslev.jpg

GT Auto:
Full Restore
(factory Paint)
BBS LM-R
3,977.5 miles

Will try to give this a try tonight after work, I have just tuned one to 500pp aswell, so will so how they stack up against each other.

Mine is tuned on sports softs though so will test yours on the softer compound too.

Jackthalad
Will try to give this a try tonight after work, I have just tuned one to 500pp aswell, so will so how they stack up against each other.

Mine is tuned on sports softs though so will test yours on the softer compound too.

Sweet!
It's so much fun if you're familiar with RR's handling dynamics. I would appreciate any feedback 👍

I just updated my shared cars:

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Lexus IF F Racing Concept
RUF RGT
Toyota Supra RZ
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo​

After 3 laps
RUF BTR - Cardboardbox Tuning - Nurburgring GP/D - 1:39.615
RUF BTR - Top Performance Tuning - Nurburgring GP/D - 1:39.634

Your setup was very nice, a bit more predictable than mine but I still need to do some finishing touches. Your setup handled the curbs much better too.

Cant really find any faults so a job well done 👍

Edit: Just ran a 1:39.211 after 3 laps with a stock BTR at 500pp :scared:
Maybe we both need to go back to the drawing board.:dunce:

Last edited:
Jackthalad
Edit: Just ran a 1:39.211 after 3 laps with a stock BTR at 500pp :scared:
Maybe we both need to go back to the drawing board.:dunce:

Hahaha!
maybe, though I feel as though the setup is more about maintaining the car's predictability and reducing the danger of a mad turbo! Which would take your head off without notice :lol:

I'm going to try yours out later today and comment on it

Kyoto-Shoren-in_1.jpg

(MCR) R35GT-R
Nissan GT-R '07

GT Auto:
RAYS VOLK RE30 in Silver

Tale of the Tape:
561PP
600hp/6600rpm | 513ft-lb/5000rpm
1740kg
Model: Premium
Type: Replica

Upgrades:
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Semi-Racing Exhaust
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Soft

Power Limiter:
98.6%

Transmission:
Stock

L.S.D.:
Stock

Drivetrain:
Stock

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 14.0/12.0
Damper Extension: 4/5
Damper Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Tow: 0.00/0.00

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
7 - 5

Ballast:
0kg

Replica Car number three, The (MCR) Matchless Crowd Racing R35...

Last edited:
Shadow Update IV
After releasing three Time Attack cars as well as the BNR33 LM tune I came to working on a track tune for the R390 GT1 Road Car which is still in progress.
I have also been working on a fair few replica's of real cars like the Camaro SSX Racing Concept & MCR R35. I have two replica Z34's which I'm thinking on releasing.
These Z34's are:
MCR 370Z & ZELE 370Z

Are those Z's gonna be far apart performance-wise? I could really use a track Z34. I've only been using my Z's for dorifto!

That being said, I'm working on perfecting the gearbox on my Dori Z before I release my first drift setups. As well as an Aristo.

Are those Z's gonna be far apart performance-wise? I could really use a track Z34. I've only been using my Z's for dorifto!

That being said, I'm working on perfecting the gearbox on my Dori Z before I release my first drift setups. As well as an Aristo.

They are street machines tuned as close as i could to the real thing 👍

Review on the S2300 GT-1 Turbo

First Drive
I tried out the car at Deep Forest Raceway(which is Ebisu East IMO), I tried them out on S-Tires(Sports Soft) and after took it out for the RE-01R(Sports Hard)

My thoughts
The car was actually giving some good response to the driver. Felt pretty safe while driving a car with faster speed then the brother R1. On S-tires, I felt the car was gripping firmly and handle perfectly on the road. When I tried them out on the Street Radials, the car felt pretty scary due to the hugh amount of power coming from the rear wheels, I was getting a bit of understeer and oversteer(due to the late braking and early accel). Maybe the rear suspension was little to stiff, the power didn't match well. The car did corner well on the Street Radials though, drifting was a package for this car(which was fun :D)

End Result of the Car​
The tune itself is perfect and is a good for those who want a high power car to drift/race with. In ratings, I give it a 105, the S2k did pretty good. Hope some Snake Magic will be added to have the Street Radial setup pampered bit more. Overall, good car!

Review by:
TakumiFuji01 from ASVG(All Star Version Garage)

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it. That cat is somewhat of a secret weapon of mine online hehe. I consider myself an expert S2K driver, especially handling that car's turbo lag/spike. It's not called Zeus for nothing :sly:

I'm working oon an amuse Street Version but it's nowhere near ready. I don't want to simply carry over the AP2's setup to it, I want it to be a completely different animal!!

I'm sure you, of all people, would appreciate the final product. Thank you for your review. In exchange, I'll release for you the Amuse SV Takumi edition :D
Unless you desire another car..?

ToscanaTarmac-5.jpg

R1 Titan
Amuse S2000 R1 '04

GT Auto:
Oil Change : Chassis Restore

Tale of the Tape:
500PP
324hp/8200rpm | 209ft-lb/6900rpm
1120kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge
Mileage: 1,694.7

Upgrades:
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Racing Exhaust
Transmission: Close Ratio 6 Speed
F/C LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
96.1%

Transmission:
6 Speed Close Ratio

L.S.D.:
0 - 7
0 - 10
0 - 8

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 12.0/14.0
Damper Extension: 6/5
Damper Compression: 7/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.2/2.5
Tow: -0.10/0.23

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
7 - 6

Ballast:
0kg

The Amuse R1 is the car that i used in my unbeaten run in Legend of the Streets Season 3. I feel this car is much more stable than before and can be easily controlled if the rear does step out.

Last edited:
For those looking for a fast setup with which to run the new Lancer Evolution-themed Seasonals

And those with the bollocks for a more aggressive setup

Back