Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments

Click here for Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA '01

This car just looks perfect for drift. It is crazy looking and looks great flying around the track. Pretty easy to drift as well with the capability to get some big drifts. Which is surprising since the power is not very high.

P.S. The pictures were taken by driftinziggy for the main pic and The Car Tuner got the banner.

Last edited:
shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69241069@N06/6406674217/
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 drift by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept 2010
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 376HP/7900rpm
Torque: 264 ft-lb/6400rpm
Weight: 910 kg
Miles: 19.0
Performance Points: 516

PARTS:
All parts, stage 2 turbo. I'm using comfort hard tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 4.395
2nd: 3.275
3rd: 2.628
4th: 2.146
5th: 1.790
6th: 1.517
Final: 3.224
Top Speed: 112

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/60
Accel: xx/60
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 13.4/7.7
Extension: 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll: 3/4
Camber: 2.9/0.7
Toe: -0.35/-0.60

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

TUNER COMMENTS:
This car definitely looks badass. I liked it, but really think it's cool now after taking pictures of it and got to see all the small detail that went into this car. They really put the work in on this one. One thing that is so dumb is it has a spoiler on it which you can not use for downforce or instal a working spoiler. The car it's self is pretty low weight, but I kind of wish it had more power. It can drift fine and looks cool, but even with all the upgrades it didn't go up that much HP. Fun and looks cool tho.

Ahhh. The car I requested. I'm going to try it tonight.

shmogt
Lol couldn't see the car at all but it's all good cause it looked like you were doing great. I have the same wheel actually only I think the previous model.

I know I'm recording from my computers webcam so thats why it so bright

BMW 2002 turbo '73

This thing is sweet. Had a lot of people ask about this car and it is here. It's old school box BMW looks just look so cool drifting around the track. I also like the blue and red stripes on the side because when you paint the car the stripes just set it off. Not much power in this one, but it's so light that it can blast around the track with ease.

P.S. the pics were taken by Andy Voong

Last edited:
darthprimer
the new beetle rsi its so easy to drift and funny as hell

Oh ya that car I thought would be so dumb but than I drove it and was blown away. Doesn't even feel like 4WD it drifts so well.

i'm really new to drifting also and that car took it from being completely frustrating to an intense amount of fun its so controlable even for someone with pretty well no skill

Car: Nissan GT-R 2007
Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 329HP/3900rpm
Torque: 475 ft-lb/3600rpm
Weight: 1486 kg
Miles: 239.1
Performance Points: 500

PARTS:
All suspension, transmission as well as any LSD things and ONLY performance part is engine tuning stage 3 and all lightening parts. I'm using snow tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 2/7
Weight Balance: 65/50
Power Level: 59.8% (until you hit 500pp)

Transmission
1st: 4.372
2nd: 3.144
3rd: 2.385
4th: 1.919
5th: 1.589
6th: 1.341
Final: 3.445
Top Speed: 137mph/220kmph

Torque Split
30/70

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: 16/33
Accel: 34/50
Braking: 23/15

Suspension
Ride Height: -12/-10
Spring Rate: 12.5/11.1
Extension: 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll: 5/5
Camber: 3.1/2.3
Toe: -0.17/-0.06

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/6

TUNER COMMENTS:

This car is for the new seasonal in the snow at 500pp cars. I had a hard time winning this until I made this tune which I won no problem. I have a hard time doing rally events because they are always tricky and the slightest touch of the wall and your screwed. Best advice is stick to the inside corners as best you can and drive like you are on the road and do not worrying about drifting around the corners too much. I am not the most perfect rally person or spent hours perfecting this tune, but if you are good I think this tune should be able to get pretty good times and if you suck this tune will take off a few seconds from your current time as long as you drive carefully and don't hit the walls.

Indeed they did. I have tons of request and can only do them so fast

Try the other skyline tune I have on that car i would assume it should work pretty good

doesnt work to bad only the gears seem a tad off all good though ill experiment a tad

just made the seasonals with the gtr with under half a second to spare i was stuck for ages using a wrx but made it first go with gtr top tuning

darthprimer
just made the seasonals with the gtr with under half a second to spare i was stuck for ages using a wrx but made it first go with gtr top tuning

Nice that's why I posted it. I didn't spend hours and hours trying to get it to be the fastest times but I did notice I could shave off quite a few seconds just watching how I drive it.

i have been mucking around with a tune for the 70 gt celica working around the same sort of suspension setup as your ae86 tune if i post it would you be keen to give me a few transmission tips as i have tried a few that you have on lower powered cars and nothing really seems to fit very well so im using a very long individual gear with short final and have no idea how to go about making transmission work well
also the car looks pretty mad sideways

i have been mucking around with a tune for the 70 gt celica working around the same sort of suspension setup as your ae86 tune if i post it would you be keen to give me a few transmission tips as i have tried a few that you have on lower powered cars and nothing really seems to fit very well so im using a very long individual gear with short final and have no idea how to go about making transmission work well
also the car looks pretty mad sideways
Low powered cars and transmissions are by far the toughest. However first rule is slam that final gear all the way to the left. Than start changing gears a little bit, pretty much try to keep the space between them even and finally adjust the final gear to where you want it. Drive it around and if you need more power and acceleration you set the final gear a bit lower or high if you need less. This all has to be make a change drive see how you like it than adjust until you feel it's good.

65kg/ ballast position 50

This

Back