F1 Caption Game - Archive ThreadFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops :embarrassed: Sorry about that.

The last pic was pretty tricky given the similarity to the previous round. I want to keep the similarities to a minimum, though, so I'll make sure that next week is something a bit more different.

ROUND FOUR - RESULT

bahrain2010.jpg

1st: Furinkazen - 25 pts
2nd: LewyOs - 18 pts
3rd: akmuq - 15 pts
4th=: Touring Mars, Flex0r - 11 pts
6th: Famine - 8 pts
7th: Liquid - 6 pts
8th: Stiggy - 4 pts

(Min votes to score: 3)

Winning Entry

197068.jpg

Furinkazen
"I would like to thank the people of Bahrain for being able to give me and the stewards another chance to blame Hamilton for an incident"

Standings (after Round Four)

1st: prisonermonkeys - 41 pts •
2nd: Touring Mars - 36 pts •
3rd: DK - 33 pts •

4th: Furinkazen - 25 pts •
5th: chromatic9 - 23 pts
6th: Stiggy - 22 pts
7th=: RACECAR, LewyOs, akmuq - 18 pts
10th=: tribolik, Liquid - 17 pts

12th: livemusic - 16 pts
13th: gorsad - 15 pts
14th: Flex0r - 14 pts
15th=: Ferrari_458, FCB-Rizla-TML - 12 pts
17th=: lemansfanatic, Famine - 11 pts
19th=: Jimlaad43, Omnis, LMSCorvetteGT2 - 8 pts
22nd=: haitch40, Sach, dhandes, pezzarinho17, funkyducks, - 3 pts

Congratulations to Furinkazen on winning Round Four :cheers:

winnerd.jpg

2012 Previous Round Winners

22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Round 1 - DK

22px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Round 2 - Touring Mars

22px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
Round 3 - prisonermonkeys

22px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png
Round 4 - Furinkazen

spaind.jpg

Round Five will follow next week

Should've known the podium was gonna be a one hit wonder.

4 races, 4 different winners. I see a resemblance here.

Hope my team bring some major upgrades for Spain, after the podium in China the pace seems to have disappeared.

If I go any lower down the standings, I'll need to pre-qualify my humor (which is probably a good idea).

Unfortunately my funny failed at turn 8 sending me into the wall of sadness and boredom.

My team has failed to unload the trailer each race. Actually, Touring Mars helped me unload one race but the car broke down upon starting.

If all the people who lolled at my caption gave me two votes, I'd have won. Bloody stay-at-home voters.

Oddly, I haven't voted yet this year because I genuinely haven't laughed at a single caption yet... Literally, not a one.

Oddly, I haven't voted yet this year because I genuinely haven't laughed at a single caption yet... Literally, not a one.

I don't think I have either. I don't keep track. I just vote for the ones I like the most.

If all the people who lolled at my caption gave me two votes, I'd have won. Bloody stay-at-home voters.

Same.

But I'm not fishing for votes (!)

I'll just leave this here, for educational purposes. And sulking.

👎

One raised a smile last week - can't remember which - but since we have to share votes across more than one caption I couldn't give it a point.

I haven't laughed at a one. Even one of my own was too crap to make me smile at it when I looked at it again in the voting thread - I even lost my own caption when scanning through the entries. Last year, not a problem. There were often three or four chucklers in there and it was an issue who to leave out...

Interesting spread of votes and winners so far though...

Last edited:
From the rules.

You are expected to vote if you have entered that round. Failure to vote in a round that you have entered will result in the loss of 1 championship point from your total. This penalty will increase by 1 additional point for every further failure to vote.

Ehem administer the punishment TM. Thats 10 points by my judgement.

Last edited:
From the rules.

Helpfully permanently stuck in post #1, so we're all aware of it already.

I cannot vote in a funny caption competition if I don't find a caption that is funny. That's not to say the captions are not funny, but that I haven't found them funny. I wouldn't vote a for a dog I thought was cute in an ugly dog competition, so I'm not going to vote for a caption I don't find funny in a funny caption competition.

That's how things are. I'm submitting captions I find funny not to score points but to make more funny. One week I failed when I didn't even find my own caption funny...

From the rules.

You are expected to vote if you have entered that round. Failure to vote in a round that you have entered will result in the loss of 1 championship point from your total. This penalty will increase by 1 additional point for every further failure to vote.

Ehem administer the punishment TM.

Well spotted, haitch... I forgot about that.

I haven't been operating that rule, to be honest, mainly because it gives me an unfair advantage since I always vote (even if it isn't posted in the voting thread). Also, I appreciate that it's not always possible to vote, and sometimes it just slips your mind.

The rule was put there to encourage voting when there wasn't quite enough people voting - but fortunately that hasn't been an issue this year.

Helpfully permanently stuck in post #1, so we're all aware of it already.

I cannot vote in a funny caption competition if I don't find a caption that is funny. That's not to say the captions are not funny, but that I haven't found them funny. I wouldn't vote a for a dog I thought was cute in an ugly dog competition, so I'm not going to vote for a caption I don't find funny in a funny caption competition.

That's how things are. I'm submitting captions I find funny not to score points but to make more funny. One week I failed when I didn't even find my own caption funny...

I usually find one caption funny or maybe one is funny and one makes me smille and I vote in those... but there was one round that I didnt find any one particulary funny so I voted for the least bad ones... but I voted because of the rules...

BTW I did give you a vote in this last one...

I didn't realise I won round 3 until about ten minutes ago. I only just found out, because I was curious as to when the next round would begin. I've submitted a photo to TM, so hopefully the next round can begin soon.

I didn't realise I won round 3 until about ten minutes ago. I only just found out, because I was curious as to when the next round would begin. I've submitted a photo to TM, so hopefully the next round can begin soon.

Im now confused.

I thought it was the round 4 winner choosing this one and you were supposed to choose the Bahrain picture.

Last edited:
Im now confused.

I thought it was the round 4 winner choosing this one and you were supposed to chose the Bahrain picture.

When there are two races back to back (which has happened twice already this season), I have to choose the picture myself since the winner of the previous round is not known... prisonermonkeys didn't get to choose a pic for R4 so he got to choose one for this round - Furinkazen has one in the bank ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back