Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
Darn you crazy Celsius using folk! You made me do math! If it were 15 degrees here I wouldn't go outside by choice until it was 60...which ironically is the temp today, here and there.:dopey:

Use Fahrenheit...because the American said so and VW made some sweet cars with that tag. :D:tup:

Strangely, only England and USA use Fahrenheit, the rest of the world use Celsius. :lol:

That's the reason I used Celsius over Fahrenheit. :lol:

Strangely, only England and USA use Fahrenheit, the rest of the world use Celsius. :lol:

I say make them all switch to Kelvin and really mess people up.:D:crazy::lol:

By the way has anyone braved my Lambo yet?:embarrassed:

Oh, I am truly sorry for you. :yuck:

Ehh, it's not so bad, just subtract 273 from all the Kelvin values to get Celsius :P

Unless its physics homework on the characteristics of materials and their properties once they near absolute zero...

Back on topic... :lol:

DOUBLE POST :grumpy: :dunce:

:banghead: make the thinking stop! :banghead:...:lol:. *showing my age* when did they stop calling it centigrade?

Did you know helium turns into a superfluid at 2K (-271C) and has no viscosity? :P It can climb up the sides of containers and overflow :lol:

And never, isn't centigrade = Celsius?

Finished the physic homework in 5 minutes. It was merely just using a certain formula (math accounts) to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius or to Kelvin. Nothing too complicated.

trackripper123
Did you know helium turns into a superfluid at 2K (-271C) and has no viscosity? :P It can climb up the sides of containers and overflow :lol:

And never, isn't centigrade = Celsius?

Aaaaaahhhhhhh *head explodes*.... R.I.P krenkme.
:D. Yes, but no one calls it centigrade anymore. Just wondering why :dopey:

krenkme
Aaaaaahhhhhhh *head explodes*.... R.I.P krenkme.
:D. Yes, but no one calls it centigrade anymore. Just wondering why :dopey:

Don't worry, I'm sure some testers will soon be heading your way too. :P :lol:

Yeah, I think it may be to do with political correctness (which is massively overrated) but I'm not sure.

I generally favor the metric system because of it's higher accuracy, so in this same spirit, I declare the world should join and all use the metric system, but F over C for increased precision. :P

I'll have my cars up soon.👍

Well the Ol' Wallbanger here has his "Little Red Wagon" turning mid 1:46s so should have a tune for the GT300 class posted in the next hour or so...:drool:

Sorry Nascar but I'm going to have to withdraw from the tuner and the tester list. Business is just crazy lately and I have zero time for GT5 the last few weeks and in the near future as well. Looks like it's going to be a good contest and I'll follow along as best I can. My apologies:nervous:

Sorry Nascar but I'm going to have to withdraw from the tuner and the tester list. Business is just crazy lately and I have zero time for GT5 the last few weeks and in the near future as well. Looks like it's going to be a good contest and I'll follow along as best I can. My apologies:nervous:

No problem!

Nissan Calsonic GTR '08
supergt-rd9-sunday-002.JPG

Stage 2 Turbo - Limit to 500HP.

Aero:
40/65

Transmission:
Set final to 3.200
Set top speed slider to minimum
Set Final to minimum.(2.000)

LSD:
8/15/9

Suspension:
5/10
15.5/13.3
7/7
7/6
5/5

Camber/Toe:
2.6/1.8
-0.05/0.00

BB: 5/5
ABS: 1

Last edited:
Toyota Weddsport Celica '03
wedssport_celica.jpg

Stock - Limit to 300HP.(93.5%)

Aero:
35/60

Transmission:
Set final to 3.730
Set top speed slider to minimum
Set Final to minimum.(2.500)

LSD:
8/15/9

Suspension:
-20/-15
14.4/12.2
3/6
8/4
4/4

Camber/Toe:
2.4/1.3
-0.01/-0.10

BB: 4/5
ABS: 1

Last edited:
The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Autobacs, ARTA Garaiya '03, "Little Red Wagon"
Tuned for the GT300 class of NascarManiaco's GT Shootout, this diminutive car proved to be a fast fun ride. While some drivers may find it a bit loose, the Wallbanger loves the responsiveness of it and the gocart like handling that makes it not only look like a miniature LMP but handle like one as well, albeit at a much more restrained pace. This isn't to say that Ol' Harvey's "Little Red Wagon", as he dubbed it, is slow, a 1:46.464 on Fuji Speedway F with the Wallbanger at the controls proves it is plenty quick.
Fuji_2520Speedway_2520F-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: Stock (Livery)
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: -
Weight Reduction: -
Window Weight Reduction: -
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: -
ECU Tuning: -
Engine Tuning: -
Intake Manifold: -
Air Filter: -
Exhaust Manifold: -
Catalytic Converter: -
Exhaust: -
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: -
Flywheel: -
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Tires: Racing Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 15, Rear 30
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 84.2%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.800,
2nd=2.170,
3rd=1.730,
4th=1.420,
5th=1.190,
6th=0.990
5) Set Final gear to 3.500
Should display an indicated top speed of 173mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 15, Acceleration 20, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.4, Rear 2.0
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.20
Ride Height Front -30, Rear -26
Spring Rate Front 15.4, Rear 15.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 4
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 6
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 3, Rear 6

The car has 509PP, weighs 1125Kg with a 45/55 front/rear weight distribution, has 300HP and produces 366ft-lb torque@4,400rpm with a 7,500rpm redline.

Notes: While it is okay when driven with an automatic transmission, for best performance use a manual.

Note 2: I've left the car a little loose deliberately as I feel this helps improve the feeling of driving a real race car the way they are meant to be driven, i.e. 50% driver skill, 40% good engineering, and 10% sheer chutzpah!:crazy: Because I tune with a DS3 sensitivity set to 7, some wheel drivers may find it overly loose and difficult to handle. While it doesn't give that always glued to the track feeling that a higher downforce setting would provide I think most will find it has more than enough grip in most situations and that edgy feel to the handling serves to keep the driver alert and fully engaged with the car and track.:gtpflag:

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

My "Little Red Wagon" is on share now. Hope you all enjoy driving it as much as I have while tuning it.:D

Just a word of caution wheel drivers may find it overly loose as I set it up to be a drivers car and not just a another low powered car with a ton of downforce glueing it to the track. It has plenty of grip but some, especially wheel users might find it a bit disconcerting to drive when compared to some of the other cars in its class that are pancaked to the road by their aerodynamics.:odd:

Back