Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
Ok then, I'm not doubting anymore. :lol:

Running high 44's with my GT300 class car, consistent low 45's. Now I just need to tighten up the transmission and run the car so it doesn't keep gaining HP. After all that's done, I'll post. Oh and, I freed up tons of space of my friends list. Testers, Add me.

I'll give one clue about my car of choice, It's running around 360 ft/lb of torque with a turbo attached :)

Sent off the friend requests! Except RoJJieE, who is apparently too popular. :D

What did you expect from the guy owner of a famous tuning garage with OVER 9000 replies? *DBZ Reference*

Cous-Cous [Co.] Scoobie

** Not for bumpy tracks **

Stats:
300 HP/5100 rpm
373 ft-lb/4000 rpm
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: 529
Distance: Who knows..

Body:
Tires: Racing Hard

Power Upgrades Medium RPM Turbo

Transmission: Settings posted below

Drivetrain:
Twin Plate Clutch / Semi Racing Flywheel / Carbon Drive Shaft
LSD: Buy - Settings below
Torque Split: 45/55

Suspension:
Ride Height: 10/-20
Spring Rates: 14.8/14.8
Dampers Extension: 9/6
Dampers Compression: 10/8
Anti Roll Bars: 5/4

Camber Angle: 2.4/1.0
Toe Angle: 0.05/-0.15

Brakes: 6/4

LSD: Stock

Torque Split: 45/55

Transmission Settings:

Fuji F

Reset to Default
Set Top Speed Slider to 162 MPH - DONE!

Laptimes:
1:44.8XX - 1:45.2XX

A pure point and squirt car. Just stab the throttle and go.

What did you expect from the guy owner of a famous tuning garage with OVER 9000 replies? *DBZ Reference*

It's mostly spam unfortunately though, oh which reminds me, is there a tune for a trans cammer in that garage somewhere?

Also I will enter a 300hp tune too please. The tune is written up in the same post as my 500hp tune a few pages back.

Do I post my tune here, or PM it, or just have the car on share? Tweaked my Takata to run 1:35.9xx on Fuji F in offline mode.

Still confused why you wern't on my friends list (maybe got deleated :(...:lol: ) but FR set doc. Oh could you check this lump I have on my TVR?
Can't remember...... you didn't play for a while?

I'll accept the FR later when I'm at home.

Do I post my tune here, or PM it, or just have the car on share? Tweaked my Takata to run 1:35.9xx on Fuji F in offline mode.

Oh no.

No.

NO.

That's it guys, shootout over, Adrenaline's NSX made it through. Having driven its online counterpart…I've got a feeling he's going to run away with this one…

But anyway, to answer your question, a post here or a link to your garage with the tune is good enough.

That's it guys, shootout over, Adrenaline's NSX made it through. Having driven its online counterpart…I've got a feeling he's going to run away with this one…

I highly doubt it. It was just a last minute thing I did, after my league race tonight. Spent less than 45 minutes on the entire thing. I just looked for CSL's 'target time' and once I hit it, I was done. Not proud of my lack of effort, but offline tuning just seems pointless to me, I dislike Racing Hards and Fuji isn't on my list of enjoyable tracks. I'll go turn my PS3 back on and snap a picture of the tune sheet.

I highly doubt it. It was just a last minute thing I did, after my league race tonight. Spent less than 45 minutes on the entire thing. I just looked for CSL's 'target time' and once I hit it, I was done. Not proud of my lack of effort, but offline tuning just seems pointless to me, I dislike Racing Hards and Fuji isn't on my list of enjoyable tracks. I'll go turn my PS3 back on and snap a picture of the tune sheet.

Well, a good "base" tune takes, what, 15-30 minutes to make, so 45 minutes seems about right for a tune. We just suffer from a bad case of OCD so we keep tuning the odd detail until the deadline.

Also, just a note about your Takata NSX tune though this really should be going in your thread, if the offline car is half of what that is, we really should be worried. That thing is damn perfection…though it does have an unexpected lightness to the steering at first. Kicks SRF noob racer's arse day and night at the 'Ring. Ran something like a 6:24 with a standing start in a 650PP room. And I was using 615PP…safe to say, the tune stays on that car.

And now, on a less cheery note, I have to announce some bad news. I'm not pulling out, but my laptop is being a 🤬, so I lost the tune template. My dad took the spare laptop so this is done with my phone, but until I get hold of it, both cars will be on share but there's no tune to be posted until…tomorrow, I think. I've finished them though, so there's no need to worry about that.

I still hate my Raybrig though, why won't it drive like I want it to! :grumpy:

Well, a good "base" tune takes, what, 15-30 minutes to make, so 45 minutes seems about right for a tune. We just suffer from a bad case of OCD so we keep tuning the odd detail until the deadline.

A 'base' tune for me, usually takes about 1 week worth of testing.

But that's just part of my process, of testing every pre-existing tune of that car, or similar cars before I even begin to make any personal adjustments. For the Takata, I tested every single GT500 NSX tune that existed, as well as a few RM and LM tunes too. Then another week of swapping 'pieces' of tunes and frankenstein'ing things and keeping notes on all of them. Then I mix and match until I've found the best 'base' to begin my personal tweaks, which I perform methodically 1 by 1 documenting lap times and notes for each change, keeping track of my favorite 3 and my fastest 3 (not always the same) then moving on the the next component and doing the same thing. Then After each 'piece' of a tune has 3-5 'favorites, I begin trying to find the best combination of those favorites to create the end result. Then after all that, I do my tire tests and adjust accordingly to make the tires wear as evenly as possible. And lastly... I race the car in online lounges for weeks on end, at all sorts of different PP levels and tracks, and make sure I can't find a weak spot in the tune. So... while I'm sure overkill is an understatement, that's just how I tune and it's extremely time intensive.

Long story short, the 45 minutes spent are somewhat of an insult to myself.

Sent off the friend requests! Except RoJJieE, who is apparently too popular. :D
Too popular for my own good. :dunce::dopey:
It's mostly spam unfortunately though, oh which reminds me, is there a tune for a trans cammer in that garage somewhere?

Blame Onboy for the spam and yeah there's a Trans-Cammer in there. It's linked on the first post.

Blame Onboy for the spam and yeah there's a Trans-Cammer in there. It's linked on the first post.

Oi! I've stopped with it! :grumpy:

@Adrenaline…1 week. 1 🤬 week for a base. You're insane. :lol: But then again, that's why the cars turn out so good, eh?

Also, Raybrig murderer is shared. Please do not feed it, it bites off every limb of your body. Damn thing still won't listen. :mad:

img20120516045404.jpg

I'm expecting a lot of complaints about Turn 1, but it was a calculated risk/reward for the rest of the track.
Automatic Tranny users will appreciate the focus put into the 2nd gear ratio.

Transmission: (Kept it simple for ease)
Rest to Default
Top Speed to 211mph
Final to 4.000
Set Individuals

Power:
No Turbo
Stage 3 Engine
88.6% Power Limiter (is exactly 500hp for my mileage)

Chassis Re-Inforcement is installed.

Everything else is self explanitory in the picture.

Last edited:
Hey Onboy, do you know if Harv is going to make it to this shootout? I was hoping for another side bet with our Lambos :dopey:

Hey Onboy, do you know if Harv is going to make it to this shootout? I was hoping for another side bet with our Lambos :dopey:

Eh, I've not heard from him since…well, since the start, really. I assume he's busy with GT Academy or just lost the will to get the Lambo around. :lol: Go hassle him, that'll get him back here. We all missed the deadline anyway, it's the 16th already. :lol:

Onboy123
Eh, I've not heard from him since…well, since the start, really. I assume he's busy with GT Academy or just lost the will to get the Lambo around. :lol: Go hassle him, that'll get him back here. We all missed the deadline anyway, it's the 16th already. :lol:

I'll try to bug him a little :D

My tunes were posted on time :P

I should have the Diablo tune posted in the next couple hours if it's not to late.

As for side bets krenkme sorry but not this time. I'll be lucky if the testers don't come looking to linch me with this sorry excuse of a tune. Way I had it originally was pretty safe and easy to drive with only a little throttle control needed, unfortunately it was also very slow.:drool: New setup should be faster, but is liable to kill you...

I should have the Diablo tune posted in the next couple hours if it's not to late.

As for side bets krenkme sorry but not this time. I'll be lucky if the testers don't come looking to linch me with this sorry excuse of a tune. Way I had it originally was pretty safe and easy to drive with only a little throttle control needed, unfortunately it was also very slow.:drool: New setup should be faster, but is liable to kill you...

Same here with my Raybrig. It's had a change of heart sometime during last night, doesn't like anyone now, it's gone antisocial and I've given it a blade by accident…

Hmm…new side bet, who kills the most testers the quickest? :lol:

XDesperado67

Oh, alright. I'll get my a** kicked later then :D

Onboy123
Same here with my Raybrig. It's had a change of heart sometime during last night, doesn't like anyone now, it's gone antisocial and I've given it a blade by accident…

Hmm…new side bet, who kills the most testers the quickest? :lol:

Mine will kill the testers out of boredom :dopey:

Back