5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
Very nice change in seasonals. I'd like to have harder AI though to have heated events with cars close together.

Honda 1300 coupe 9 S '70
148hp 1000kg 370pp
200kg @ -50
-28, -30
10.5, 8.7
7, 6
5, 5
3, 3
1.5, 1.2
-0.07, 0.07

lsd 10, 40, 20

easy golds - only just upgraded to g27 from a driving force wireless, still getting used to manual transmission and 900 steering. Plenty of room to drop the pp on this car

Finally got the daytona used a integra type r dcs rm 04 I already had the prize car took one to get it lol.

Did the Cape Ring with Honda CRZ at 350pp, won by over 2 seconds at 10minutes 18 seconds, this is the easiest of all 5 races.... got over 1 million credits :) fun

And now we finally get to see how the “Performance Difference Adjustment” works...

Here is how Performance Difference Adjustment works:

For every 1PP you are below the limit, you get a bonus after your login bonus equivalent to 6.6% of the race's base prize money/XP for your position.

I'll assume it remains the same for positions other than winning, but I haven't not won yet to report back. I've not worked out the XP because I'm 40/40 and don't presently care, but I'd guess it's similar (Edit: Yes, XP is identical). I've tested multiple cars in multiple races at all the tracks and, for winning at least, that's exactly how it works.

Using one example from this thread and one of my own:

420PP FTO @ Tsukuba
Base prize: 166,100cr
170% login bonus: 282,370cr
6.6% of base prize (10,962) x 10PP = 109,626cr

282,370cr + 109,626cr = 391,996cr

305PP Polo @ Cape Ring
Base prize: 181,600cr
200% login bonus: 363,200cr
6.6% of base prize (11,985) x 125PP = 1,498,200cr

363,200cr + 1,498,200cr = 1,861,400cr

Last edited:
Famine

For every 1PP you are below the limit, you get a bonus after your login bonus equivalent to 6.6% of the race's base prize money/XP for your position.

I'll assume it remains the same for positions other than winning, but I haven't not won yet to report back. I've not worked out the XP because I'm 40/40 and don't presently care, but I'd guess it's similar (Edit: Yes, XP is identical). I've tested multiple cars in multiple races at all the tracks and, for winning at least, that's exactly how it works.

Using one example from this thread and one of my own:

420PP FTO @ Tsukuba
Base prize: 166,100cr
170% login bonus: 282,370cr
6.6% of base prize (10,962) x 10PP = 109,626cr

282,370cr + 109,626cr = 391,996cr

305PP Polo @ Cape Ring
Base prize: 181,600cr
200% login bonus: 363,200cr
6.6% of base prize (11,985) x 125PP = 1,498,200cr

363,200cr + 1,498,200cr = 1,861,400cr

Same goes for losing got the bonus for 6th on daytona.

Edit: OCD update:
Eagle Talon ESI '97
Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74
Toyota (Toybota? :P) Tacoma X-Runner '04
Marcos Moni Marcos GT '70
Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79
Ginetta G4 '64
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74
Callaway C12 '03
Spyker C8 Laviolette '01
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 (FINALLY!!!)
Saleen S7 '02
Dome DOME-ZERO Concept '78
DMC Delorean S2 '04
Cizeta V16T '94
Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vertigo Race Car '04
And the usuall: Formula Gran Turismo

Looks promising. Definitely a few that I'm buying.

Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32

drooooooling (:

Looking for a car that would win, but not have 430PP all the way, so you will receive more credits due to the recent update.

I forget one detail:

For every 1PP you are below the limit AFTER THE RACE, you get a bonus after your login bonus equivalent to 6.6% of the race's base prize money/XP for your position.

Cool. I like this new flavor of A-Spec event. Hope this carries over to B-spec. Would be nice to see something other that a 2J used in 650PP events.

Motor City Hami
Cool. I like this new flavor of A-Spec event. Hope this carries over to B-spec. Would be nice to see something other that a 2J used in 650PP events.

I don't know man, B-Spec is too much of a crap shoot. Even expert Bozo's are prone to random acts of extreme stupidity!

SiCkOnE87
@MuoNiuLa - Can you update your original post with any of the tunes our fellow GTP members post. So if someone comes looking for a car to use in this event their able to find it rather quickly. Thanks.

Good idea. Will do. 👍

Looking for a car that would win, but not have 430PP all the way, so you will receive more credits due to the recent update.

I started with the Daytona race and thought that I need a car that has the best aerodynamics in order to achieve the fastest possible top speed with the least possible power. And so it struck me that the hybrids and the electric cars must be outstanding in that respect. I bought a Honda CR-Z, tuned the engine a bit until it got 400pp, then added 200 kg ballast to bring it down to 390pp and it worked like a charm. Overtook the top 5 cars in the very last corner :)

Then I tried Tsukuba and it was definitely the most fun race. The Honda felt almost like a touring car, some brilliant overtakes there! I guess GT Academy has helped me to polish my racing line a bit... Overtook the leader on the straight before the last corner on the last lap!

Clubman stage gave me some more problem. I had to adjust the ballast, instead of having it in the middle I tried putting it in the back to make the weight balance more equal between the front and rear. I also changed the brake balance to 5 -7 in an effort to promote oversteer. That improved my lap times quite a lot, although it made the car a bit harder to drive. On my third attempt I finally won the race after two attempts finishing 3rd.

Eiger Kart. No fan of that track. It's narrow and although it has a lot of corners there's no corner where you can really gain a lot on the other cars. It took four attempts and a lot of foul words to learn the track in the first place. It's also quite unfair that you're the only one who has to drive 7 laps around the track, while the leader only needs to drive 6,5 laps. You're half a minute behind even before the start signal - in a 7 minute race! Altogether this provoked me so much that I decided to skip the 390 pp deal and tuned the car upp to the full 430. Then I found a really good corner to shortcut (just a bit...) and whenever I could I deliberately used the other cars as cushions on the track because if they're cheating (only driving 6,5 laps) then I'm cheating too! This strategy was not only successfull but also very satisfying when I passed the leader after only 6 laps and in the end had a very clear win. The prize money was worse than what I got when I finished 7th in the 390 pp version, but sometimes there are more to life than money. Like revenge, for instance.

Edit: Oh, and cape ring was easy as pie. Could probably downtune the car quite a lot there, like 350-360 pp to have a closer race and more money :)

Last edited:
Daytona is hard, but finally managed it with a 0.155s win.

Honda Civic Type R '08
PP 403
BHP 200
Car Stock out if garage with only SH tyres purchased and not a thing more.

Has anyone achieved better?

Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus on comfort softs at Daytona, with low PP 400ish got to first at end of 4th lap and got to the line with a 3 second advantage. BHP was in high 180's/low 190's iirc. Ran this three times, the cash varied between 520K and 544K. Going to keep dialling it back to barest of PP ratings to get slimmest win margin.

Civic Type R (EK) is a sleeper in the 380s, a few suspension mods and tweaks to bring closer to 400 so gives huge extra points and cash.

So guys. Not got my wheel for doing this tonight. What car is looking the best for it? I want a bit of a challenge on the old DS3!

Sorry PD but though these have more reward for 'challenging' yourself, I still find them pretty dull overall. I want an actual race.

These are far too predictable. Start at the back of the pack, chase down a queue/train of cars, pull up alongside each one, beep your horn (this step is optional), they back down, you get a place, you try not to yawn.

Of course for the pro racers you have to add "keep them behind you on a straight by blocking in a way that would get you kicked online" when you choose a severely underpowered car but that's hardly exciting or realistic either. Nor does it encourage good racing habits for online or any other form of racing against a human opponent.

If I want to race bots I'd rather race Arcade at least they /sort of/ fight for position. Or at least they don't move over quite so readily.

All I want to see is one AI car actually defend a place - you know, deviate from the driving line and actually give a crap that his sporty 'teg is being overtaken by a beige Ford Ka shopping trolley.

Polsixe
Civic Type R (EK) is a sleeper in the 380s, a few suspension mods and tweaks to bring closer to 400 so gives huge extra points and cash.

How much cash are we looking at

The Eifel track is amazing so much fun, won it with my Ford Ka 368pp, received DC5 RM ticket

Hopefully PD will start to give us these Seasonal's once again, all it needed was the Nurburgring or London in place of the Cape Ring.

I have a question. If you win the race with a 430 PP car and get however much money, can you try again with a lower PP car and get more money for first? Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

im going to try this out in a while..looks good!👍

but before i do ive just got two questions about the PDA..

1) does the PDA only work for this seasonal and not the previous seasonals we have had in recent weeks??

2) and does the PDA work in events away from the seasonals..like the ones in a-spec and b-spec??

thanks in advance:)

I have a question. If you win the race with a 430 PP car and get however much money, can you try again with a lower PP car and get more money for first? Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

Yes.

im going to try this out in a while..looks good!👍

but before i do ive just got two questions about the PDA..

1) does the PDA only work for this seasonal and not the previous seasonals we have had in recent weeks??

Yes.

2) and does the PDA work in events away from the seasonals..like the ones in a-spec and b-spec??

thanks in advance:)

No.

Back