Seasonal Tuning Challenge 2 :It's over. Thanks for coming :D

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 709 comments
I am running mine in the practice grip on real, not in a race.

How do I get a video on youtube, can I do it with my phone?
Ah okay haven't tried mine in practice mode so have no idea what I'd run there.:odd:

Ah okay haven't tried mine in practice mode so have no idea what I'd run there.:odd:

I'm running fairly consistent times there as well, difference being a 0.020 of a second. And I'm still playing around when I drive it. The Marshmallow Pug might not be the fastest thing in the world, but it's just so damn good fun I don't care. :D

GeeBaby
I am running mine in the practice grip on real, not in a race.

How do I get a video on youtube, can I do it with my phone?

You can record by tellphone and cope it to your pc and after that upload it to youtup that if you have sign in youtup then copy url to message place in gtp . Open advanced message click on youtup key it will show like this. (youtup)(youtup) then put the copy url between them like this (youtup)4577lhfdgg(youtup) . Sory for my english not native langage.

Surely it should only be clean air times that count, since getting a draft can be inconsistent?

Eh, we're running by the full length of the race I think, not just individual laps, but yea, it should be taken into consideration I guess.

Eh, we're running by the full length of the race I think, not just individual laps, but yea, it should be taken into consideration I guess.
Problem with full length race times is that the field of AI cars changes which can cause slowdowns due to where you catch the AI cars at. I've had a lot of races that I've cleared the field by midway through the third lap. then there have been the ones with that 🤬 DC5 on the poll who jackrabbits and I don't catch it till near the end of the 4th lap.:drool:

I have two cars ready, one running 1.56.0xx but could go faster I think, and the other running 1.55.5xx, both in clean air. Now to choose between them...

Onboy123
Is it by any chance a Prius/CRZ TC with some combination of ballast and powerlimiter? :lol:

Mazda Kusabi Concept at 380PP would do that. I get 1:59 at 360PP. But detuned with ballast. I have no idea how the times thrown about here are possible.

Umm... Race cars are allowed?!

I see no rule against it. Are there any FF race cars below 380PP that are worth using? All I can think of is the Spoon Fit but it only has rear downforce so you're just penalizing yourself with that one.

Umm... Race cars are allowed?!

Yea…old Krenk and us lot forgot about the "no race car/concepts" rule, it seems. Eh, screw that though. :lol:

I see no rule against it. Are there any FF race cars below 380PP that are worth using? All I can think of is the Spoon Fit but it only has rear downforce so you're just penalizing yourself with that one.

The lowest I think it can go is the Micra MM-R thing, but that's over the limit as well. The closest cars with front downforce are the Gathers Driders and the Mugen Motul Civics.

The lowest I think it can go is the Micra MM-R thing, but that's over the limit as well. The closest cars with front downforce are the Gathers Driders and the Mugen Motul Civics.

No, all 3 are over 400PP.

I only found the Spoon and the Lupo Cup car that might get under the limit and as you said with only rear aero I doubt either one would prove to be worth the time to run especially on the SH tires and no real power upgrades.

Got down to two cars yesterday before I apparently forgot how to drive and called it quits. The first one just squeezes in after an engine overhaul, had 379PP and window weight reduction took that to 380, any power adders took it over the limit which is why I did the windows. It was one of my dirty dozen from last years FF Shootout and was the car that surprised me with how well it did here. The other is even more of an oddball and at the risk of giving it away, at least for some here, was a car that krenkme considered using in another recent Shootout before settling on a different choice...I think he picked the wrong one then although it was a fun car and I'm hoping he doesn't decide to use this one now!:lol: unless of course I go with my first car.:crazy:

The first one is very smooth and easy to get good lines with but isn't as fast in acceleration and top end. The second one is quicker in a straight line but a bit wilder to get around corners in. So do I go for smooth and easy or the wild child? Al's Nirvana or the Crossdresser?:crazy::lol:

Spoon Fit is lowest stock PP I believe of an FF race car.

The Lupos are lower though, aren't they?

Also, I might have found a "Marshmallow Justice" ver. II…peaky powerband, but I'm hoping for good things from the handling. *fingers really, really crossed*

I only found the Spoon and the Lupo Cup car that might get under the limit and as you said with only rear aero I doubt either one would prove to be worth the time to run especially on the SH tires and no real power upgrades.
Yeah the Lupo only has around 120bhp. :crazy:
I meant the lowest FF race-spec car. :P

Oh. :P

And the Lupo has 378PP or so stock.

The times submitted by the testers will be the total race time.

Concepts and racers are aloud (if you can find one at 380pp)

@Harvey, I have yet to try that shootout reject, but it is on my to do list :dopey:

I also tried th PT Cruiser, and was saddened that it could not be competitive, neither is the Ford Ka :(. Oh well, still need to do more testing. I'll be away from my PS3 and my computer for the next few days, but I'll try and stay on top of things using the phone app.

Have a great weekend everybody! :dopey:

The Lupos are lower though, aren't they?

Also, I might have found a "Marshmallow Justice" ver. II…peaky powerband, but I'm hoping for good things from the handling. *fingers really, really crossed*
Nope the Spoon has lower PP than the Lupos, at least the one in my garage does and since I've not touched either the Fit or the Lupos since I bought them that's the most I can say. Maybe after an engine rebuild they would be the same or close? Don't know and they are only a few PP different as is.

The Lupo GTI Cup Car has 375PP with 1300 miles on the clock. No front downforce and comes on RH. Though depending on what you use you might have SH on your Lupo Cup Car from the B-Spec Lupo Cup.

The times submitted by the testers will be the total race time.

Concepts and racers are aloud (if you can find one at 380pp)

@Harvey, I have yet to try that shootout reject, but it is on my to do list :dopey:

I also tried th PT Cruiser, and was saddened that it could not be competitive, neither is the Ford Ka :(. Oh well, still need to do more testing. I'll be away from my PS3 and my computer for the next few days, but I'll try and stay on top of things using the phone app.

Have a great weekend everybody! :dopey:
I still think it would have been more competitive than the car you used and almost as much of a surprise since I bet a lot of people don't even know it exists.:lol:

Happy Memorial Day and a safe one for you and the family.👍👍

XDesperado67
I still think it would have been more competitive than the car you used and almost as much of a surprise since I bet a lot of people don't even know it exists.:lol:

Happy Memorial Day and a safe one for you and the family.👍👍

You're probably right, but a mini-van going around the Nurburgring in 8:40's was cool :cool::dopey:

You enjoy the Holiday too. It is a good day to honor my grandfather, uncle, and fellow soldiers that were lost fighting for there country.
Have a great weekend!

Eh, I has exams from tomorrow onwards for a week, so I'll just leave this here:

Marshmallow Justice- Peugeot 106 S16

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 99
2)Set Final Gear to 2.620
1st=3.360
2nd=2.598
3rd=2.106
4th=1.768
5th=1.520
6th=1.329

Should display an indicated top speed of 144 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 30
Braking: 25

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.7/1.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.30
Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 10.4/3.5
Dampers (Extension): 8/8
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7

Brakes
2/6

*If the car stops accelerating after 4th, don't worry, it does this. :lol: But then, you really shouldn't be worried about straight line pace.

And yea, gutter run ftw. :dopey:

Edit: One thing, remember this is the S16 when testing, not the Rallye. There are 2 on share, the one you want is the one with the white wheels.

Last edited:
"If the car stops accelerating after 4th, don't worry, it does this."

That's usually a sign that you've set your gears too tall. ;)

Latest Posts

Back