Seasonal Tuning Challenge 2 :It's over. Thanks for coming :D

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 709 comments
Just one more question, how do I get the cars to test and and how do I post my results? Only reason I'm asking is because I have never done anything like this before so I would rather ask and do everything properly than not. Sorry if I'm being noobish :(

Check either the 2nd or the 3rd post on the first page, it will have the PSN tags of all the tuners. You add them, all of them, and when they have accepted it, we'll (somehow) notify you…or you'd have found out already regardless.

To use the cars, you have to go to the profile tab on the GTLife screen, find the PSN name of the tuner, select it, and then borrow the car in question. As for posting results? Make a post with all your…results in them, use the edit function for posts to fit them in. 👍

iDesTroY
Just one more question, how do I get the cars to test and and how do I post my results? Only reason I'm asking is because I have never done anything like this before so I would rather ask and do everything properly than not. Sorry if I'm being noobish :(

Add a tuner and the tuner share the car online and you borrow it and test it and the results,you can put your time in this thread

@Onboy I thought you were going to post a blank copy of madmyk's results post from a few Shootouts ago in your initial F.I.T.T. post so people could copy and use it in later events like now?:odd:

@Onboy I thought you were going to post a blank copy of madmyk's results post from a few Shootouts ago in your initial F.I.T.T. post so people could copy and use it in later events like now?:odd:

I was? :confused: Eh, find it for me, I'll edit it in when you let me know where it is. :lol:

I was? :confused: Eh, find it for me, I'll edit it in when you let me know where it is. :lol:
Well I thought it was madmyk but now I can't find it myself so it may have been someone else. All I recall was that it was a clean easy to read and edit format that many of the testers copied and used for a couple Shootout's in a row. I'll look for it later when I feel up to rereading the older Shootout threads.:drool: (maybe it was DigitalBaka who did it first...:confused:)

Three cars to go Mazda2'03 , Mini one '02 and Civic 1500 3 door 25i'83 all 380 pp ready to test :-) dont put me down pls sorry for my english not my native langage

NEWDRIVER2
Three cars to go Mazda2'03 , Mini one '02 and Civic 1500 3 door 25i'83 all 380 pp ready to test :-) dont put me down pls sorry for my english not my native langage

I have you down as a tuner already, do you want to be a tester as well?

Well I was right about one of the cars I wanted to test being a real rocket. Just turned a 1:37.396 in it using a rough tune and driving a far from perfect lap. Oh and was driving it with an automatic transmission but its better suited for a manual if your not lousy using one in game like me. Thinking I might be able to get this car into the 1:55.xxx range with Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here at the controls!:crazy::D:gtpflag:

Edit: Got it down to 1:56.224 and still have plenty of room for improvement.
Amazing what difference a year of tuning and driving experience can make. This same car last year felt like it lacked grip on SS tires albeit that was at 500PP on Grand Valley, but still feels much better now then then.:odd:

Last edited:
Still trying to get old Kermit to drive well, eh? :P Have to say, France is getting quite a good showing this time round, and with you posting such close times to our cars, this is definitely going to be a close one. :D

Still trying to get old Kermit to drive well, eh? :P Have to say, France is getting quite a good showing this time round, and with you posting such close times to our cars, this is definitely going to be a close one. :D
Nope Kermit sits this one out.:sly:

Just placed a Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 on share. Not my entry for this but its still fun getting those skinny little doughnuts squealing as you tear up the track. Best lap I managed with this rough tune was a 1:57.457 which makes it a little over a second slower than my probable entry but still not bad considering its almost as old as the Wallbanger here!:lol:

Last edited:
Tested some cars and I am a fool for being a tester :crazy: I have one car that is at 1:59.356, but given my AWESOME driving that may not be so bad :dopey:

Eh? So…ah, I see now. :dunce: You planned on entering this mystery car in the FF shootout but it was beaten by the C4…duh. :lol:

And its now become a fight to the 1:54s, hasn't it? I know Roj is stuck somewhere in the 55.2s, I'm a 55.3, and you could be at a 55.5 for all we know…getting quite close between us lot, eh?

I'm definitely stuck right now. It'd take a miracle lap for me to do 54's right now. Everything I do to that Atenza makes it worse so I think I've got a good setup going right now. Still going to experiment a bit though.

krenkme
I have you down as a tuner already, do you want to be a tester as well?

You know m8 i tune my car well and i can do 1:57:.... Last . But when you and another tester drive it you will break this time sure because you all faster and being long time in GT5 fan . But me long time NFS fan . And there is differnt between the two game .so i stay only tuner thanks m8. I sen you ( frn req ) two days ago ? . :-)

Just placed a Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 on share. Not my entry for this but its still fun getting those skinny little doughnuts squealing as you tear up the track. Best lap I managed with this rough tune was a 1:57.457 which makes it a little over a second slower than my probable entry but still not bad considering its almost as old as the Wallbanger here!:lol:

I found the same Honda 1300 today and started playing with the tune. I thought if XD doesn't enter one I'll give this car a shot. Funny that I knew the king of finding fast oddball cars might be looking at this same car. I think it will be a little off the pace of the fastest cars here but still a bit of a sleeper for sure. I'm at a 1:56.915 with mine.

Eh? So…ah, I see now. :dunce: You planned on entering this mystery car in the FF shootout but it was beaten by the C4…duh. :lol:

And its now become a fight to the 1:54s, hasn't it? I know Roj is stuck somewhere in the 55.2s, I'm a 55.3, and you could be at a 55.5 for all we know…getting quite close between us lot, eh?

Did a testdrive with your car.Could clock a 1:57 on CS tyres in clean air. 👍

raVer

I found the same Honda 1300 today and started playing with the tune. I thought if XD doesn't enter one I'll give this car a shot. Funny that I knew the king of finding fast oddball cars might be looking at this same car. I think it will be a little off the pace of the fastest cars here but still a bit of a sleeper for sure. I'm at a 1:56.915 with mine.
Considering its specs its very quick in acceleration and has one of if not the fastest top speeds down the front straight there on Cape Ring. That said I was really struggling to find grip in some of the corners. Tail end wanted to be a bit looser than even I like in an FF.

If its not asking to much could you give the one I shared a run and let me know your time with it and thoughts?:embarrassed:

Did a testdrive with your car.Could clock a 1:57 on CS tyres in clean air. 👍

raVer

Oh? Ah crap, I must have left it on share last night after trying to rope Ripper into repaying his debt in the SuperGT Shootout, forgot to take it off share. :ouch:

That said, it's not too bad, eh? add the grippier tyres on and give it a car to draft for that straight and it'll just about get to 54s, I reckon.

Oh? Ah crap, I must have left it on share last night after trying to rope Ripper into repaying his debt in the SuperGT Shootout, forgot to take it off share. :ouch:

That said, it's not too bad, eh? add the grippier tyres on and give it a car to draft for that straight and it'll just about get to 54s, I reckon.

It does a bit better than 54 with the grippier tyres :P

raVer

Okay all I can say is that PD really messed up the PT Cruiser. According to the specs the car weighs exactly the same as the one I'll most likely use and yet it gets over 20 more HP and nearly 40 more ft-lb torque at the same PP. I figured hey with 182HP and 191ft-lb torque it should be a real screamer at this PP but no it has lousy acceleration, low top speed on the straight and doesn't corner worth a 🤬.:(

Oh well one or two more cars to check out then I'll settle on my final choice for this Shootout.:drool:

Ok confession, I have 1 cars down to 54.4 and 2 @ 54.8 and 1 down to 53.9 but the 53.9 is a one shot deal. Only did it once and only got back as close as 54.2. Needless to say I won't enter that car.

If I learn how to do a video I will upload it.

Last edited:
Okay question for all of you that are running 1:55s and below. Are those laps where you catch a draft off the AI or are they in clean air running by yourself? I've got two cars now in the low 1:56s but most of those laps that quick have been running by myself after passing the AI.

Okay question for all of you that are running 1:55s and below. Are those laps where you catch a draft off the AI or are they in clean air running by yourself? I've got two cars now in the low 1:56s but most of those laps that quick have been running by myself after passing the AI.

I am running mine in the practice grip on real, not in a race.

How do I get a video on youtube, can I do it with my phone?

Back