Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

After a bit of a break from GT5. The latest seasonal has re-charged my batteries and got me back to tuning. I have a Focus ST170 and copen on share for anyone to try out. the Focus can win all of them at 400pp and the little Copen isn't very fast so keep it away from Daytona but 'boy does it corner well in the other events. Enjoy -AC

Good to see that you recharged your batteries, AC, I hope those cars are quite the rides...

Anyway, let's share a few thoughts on the:

Lack of power doesn't mean lack of fun: ARTA Garaya by Onboy

Ok, so after the Blue Storm NSX, we deal with Onboy's GT300 entry, the unique ARTA Garaya. I like this car, I really do. In road guise, it's quite the sleeper. And in racing guise, it's quite good. But not good enough to take on its bigger rivals, the RE RX-7 and the Cusco Scoobie. But Onboy made sure this unsung hero would tramp them both after he got the job done.

Of course, being this a shootout car, Onboy limited the power to fit this car's class. But this time around, I drove it without the limiter! I mean, I needed to see for myself if this car had finally come out of its Autobacs shell. And to no surprise of mine, it has improved quite a lot... It might not be the most powerful Super GT car in history, but like a Lotus, it has a even better weapon. Light, nimble handling. Compared to this, the Blue Storm feels like a truck. I'm amazed at how light this car feels around a corner! You chuck it in, and it just grips and grips and grips. Oh, and it also grips. It manages to feel as light as its MR-S brother, which is no mean feat. You can swipe a more powerful GT500 car, without the other guy noticing he's getting a tail full of Autobacs finest.

What a racing car this one is. It's a orange Miata, except no one will call you a hairdresser when they see you driving. It is indeed one of the best GT300 cars I have ever driven. Congrats Onboy, for you have done quite the ride.

Niku , I know your the Test Driver of this cafe ...

I own a :
Premium - Ford Focus ST'06 , Mini Cooper S and S Countryman '11 and a Leaf all stock

Standard - 2CV Z act , Yaris , Kusabi .

What do you recomend for the FF challenge for a agressive driver that likes to drive n' have fun ?

Thanks

Niku , I know your the Test Driver of this cafe ...

I own a :
Premium - Ford Focus ST'06 , Mini Cooper S and S Countryman '11 and a Leaf all stock

Standard - 2CV Z act , Yaris , Kusabi .

What do you recomend for the FF challenge for a agressive driver that likes to drive n' have fun ?

Thanks

I'd say the Focus and the Cooper S are the ones for you. The Countryman is way too fat to be fun, the Leaf is a hybrid, the 2CV and the Z are too slow, and the Kusabi and the Yaris are somewhat reserved.

I'd say the Focus and the Cooper S are the ones for you. The Countryman is way too fat to be fun, the Leaf is a hybrid, the 2CV and the Z are too slow, and the Kusabi and the Yaris are somewhat reserved.

Okay good to know :D

Where there any new tunes for the FF challenge ?

Soo since I got the permition to do it .. :P

My first tune ..

Subaru Impreza "Firefighter" TC - 500 PP

7297332468_9d1c7cda24_c.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Subaru Impreza TC
Buy from: DLC Car Racing Pack ?
Paintjob: Competizione Red
Wheels: Enkei RP05
Aerodynamic Kit:

Weight Reduction: --
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Low RPM

Transmission: Fully Customisable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 10/20
Ballast: 200 (Position +50)
Power Limiter: 69.1%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set to 155
2)Set Final Gear to 3.900
1st=4.400
2nd=3.140
3rd=2.240
4th=1.796
5th=1.350
6th=1.100
Should display an indicated top speed of 162 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: F - 30 ; R- 30
Acceleration: F- 30 ; R-20
Braking: F -16 ; R- 10

Suspension
Camber Angle: 1.5/1.2
Toe Angle: -0.09/0.10
Ride Height: -10/-15
Spring Rate: 9.8/8.3
Dampers (Extension): 4/8
Dampers (Compression): 4/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4

Brakes
8/3

Have fun ! :D

I would like to get some feed back.
Also a thanks to XDesperado67 for giving me this opportunity.

Last edited:
Soo since I got the permition to do it .. :P

My first tune ..

Subaru Impreza "Firefighter" TC - 500 PP

Eh?!! WHAT IS THIS!? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS NEW ARRIVAL!? :mad: Glad to have you here mate. :D Now…2 things, up the PP limit for the car to 550PP…and do a road car some time as well. :P

Also…about that TOCA5 Focus, I'll handle this one, I think. Just one thing, about the terms I used in the PMs, "+/- 1.5" means plus or minus 1.5 on the adjuster. :P Same goes for the gearbox or whatever it was you were confused with. :P

And Niku, thanks for the review, didn't see it until now. :ouch:

LanceVance asked if he could be another barfly similar to Commanderando who occasionally posted a tune. Of course being the old grouch that I am, I told him in no uncertain terms that as long as he didn't spit on the floor (well not to much anyways) and kept up with his bar tab he was welcome to.:crazy::gtpflag:

Note at some point in the next day or two I'll update the index with the new tunes.👍👍

Okay good to know :D

Where there any new tunes for the FF challenge ?

You might try my CRX del sol thingy, but as I haven't tried it myself I may be leading you up the garden path.

And welcome aboard.

Sorry I haven't been round much recently. Work over the last couple of months has been an absolute biatch. More time up my sleeve in the next little while though.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Toyota, Celica GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91, "Pretty in Pink"
So krenkme decided to run a mini Shootout based on the current FF Seasonal event. The track was selected, Cape Ring Periphery, and PP set at 380 with no use of ballast or power limiter allowed and engine rebuild/oil change mandatory. Now since Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here was busy planning his second annual FF Shootout this was a great warmup event. Looking in his garage Ol'Harvey spotted a couple likely suspects and took them out for a few races. While performance was okay they just didn't quite have the zing that the Wallbanger was looking for. Then way back in the dusty recesses of his packed garage complex Ol'Harvey spotted this wallflower. Purchased during some long ago buying spree and surviving the subsequent purges of extra inventory this lone example sat there providing nothing but a home to the spiders as it waited to be noticed. Pulling it out into the light and cleaning it up improved its appearance but the numbers didn't really look promising. Still the Wallbanger decided to give her at least one dance despite memories from his younger years that still wanted to laugh at it and call it a girls car, you know looks cute has nice accessories and the performance of your grandparents Nash Rambler. Giving her a Sports exhaust after the engine rebuild brought her to 380PP exactly and produced 178HP which is good for the PP but at over 1,300kg she was going to need all the help she could get. Not calling her fat you understand just full figured see. Anyways some work on the drivetrain, transmission and suspension and the Wallbanger was ready to take her on their date. Well forget the numbers cause this girl has legs! She'll top 115mph down the front straight with no draft and take the loop at very close to 100mph the whole way actually catching air over the jump unlike most of the other cars Ol'Harvey tested for this event. While you may feel the heft in her a bit more in the tighter corners she has very good agility and that killer acceleration to keep you pumped. Well needless to say Ol'Harvey decided to make her his date for this dance and even went so far as to buy another LFA just to give her a sweet new dress. Now that she's no longer a forgotten wallflower but "Pretty in Pink" why don't you take her out on a dance yourself. I guarantee you'll have fun and since she'll more than pay for it all its one date that your not likely to forget anytime soon!:cheers:
Cape_2520Ring_2520Periphery.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Passionate Pink (paint from Lexus LFA)
Wheels: Enkei JS+M (Chrome finish)
Aerodynamic Kit: -
Weight Reduction: -
Window Weight Reduction: -
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: -
ECU Tuning: Stock
Engine Tuning: -
Intake Manifold: Stock
Air Filter: Stock
Exhaust Manifold: Stock
Catalytic Converter: Stock
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: -
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.475,
2nd=1.925,
3rd=1.535,
4th=1.265,
5th=1.065,
6th=0.915
5) Set Final gear to 4.600
Should display an indicated top speed of 129mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 30, Acceleration 15, Braking 60
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.6, Rear 1.4
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front -5, Rear -30
Spring Rate Front 13.2, Rear 13.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 2, Rear 4
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 6
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 380PP, weighs 1310Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 178HP and produces 151ft-lb torque@5,100rpm with a 7,600rpm redline.

Notes: The power band on this car is nearly perfect for driving with an automatic transmission as peak horsepower isn't reached until just 500rpm short of redline.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos
Cape_2520Ring_2520Periphery-1.jpg

I was about to tell to move your lazy arse, but it seems you already read it. :lol:

I did, I just couldn't be bothered to respond. :lol:

And Niku, I've got a fluffy Marshmallow on share, its yellow, so help yourself. Try the Cape Ring seasonal for some quick and fun cash. :D

I did, I just couldn't be bothered to respond. :lol:

And Niku, I've got a fluffy Marshmallow on share, its yellow, so help yourself. Try the Cape Ring seasonal for some quick and fun cash. :D

Hum, a marshmallow? Never ate one. :dopey: Well, there is a time for everything. Does it work anywhere else or it is made for the Cape Ring?

XDesperado67
LanceVance asked if he could be another barfly similar to Commanderando who occasionally posted a tune. Of course being the old grouch that I am, I told him in no uncertain terms that as long as he didn't spit on the floor (well not to much anyways) and kept up with his bar tab he was welcome to.:crazy::gtpflag:

Another Outlaw for me to bother in the Cafe :dopey:. Welcome Lance :cheers:

Hum, a marshmallow? Never ate one. :dopey: Well, there is a time for everything. Does it work anywhere else or it is made for the Cape Ring?

I've not driven it elsewhere, if I'm honest. Just do the new seasonal at Cape Ring, it's almost guaranteed to drive like a fluffy marshmallow there. In a very good way. :dopey:

Hey Niku if your going to give Onboys marshmello a run you might as well dance with "Pretty in Pink".:D

Hey Niku if your going to give Onboys marshmello a run you might as well dance with "Pretty in Pink".:D

.... and use the Firefighter please !!! ?

Aight, y'all can rest easy and assured, I'll have a go with all three in due time.:) I really wonder how that Celica goes, though. Now, to avoid that wild pink body...:dopey:

Quick report: Had a few laps with Onboy's marshmellow, up next is Harvey's Pink Celica!

Last edited:
Well now that my bird isn't talking to me for giving up his ride, a new... urm..."cat?" has come around. I hope the Cafe takes in pets :dopey:
kyotogion1zr.jpg

Last edited:
Marshmallow Justice- Peugeot 106 S16

Power isn't everything. Speed isn't everything. If you ever need proof of this, then really, take this for a spin. A meager 140hp, yes, but the way it corners will more than make up.

Built to do Peugeot hot hatches some justice, this mellow yellow fluffy marshmallow certainly won't be the fastest car in this side of the garage, but is definitely among the most fun.

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Peugeot 106 S16 '03
Buy from: UCD

Paintjob: Saffron Yellow
Wheels: Enkei JS+M
Aerodynamic Kit: -

Weight Reduction: -
Window Weight Reduction: -
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: -

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: ----

Intake Manifold: Sport
Air Filter: ----

Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Exhaust: ----

Turbo Kit: ----

Transmission: Fully Customisable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: Fully Customisable

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission- process as follows;
1)Set Final Gear to 3.585
2)Set to 99
2)Set Final Gear to 2.500
1st=3.6191
2nd=2.766
3rd=2.268
4th=1.910
5th=1.650
6th=1.460

Should display an indicated top speed of 137 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 30
Braking: 25

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.7/1.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.30
Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 10.4/3.5
Dampers (Extension): 8/8
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7

Brakes
2/6

This car has 380PP, weighs 950kg, a 6x/xx front/rear weight distribution, has 139hp and 124lb-ft of torque@----rpm with a ----rpm redline.

Last edited:
Onboy123
Thanks mate. :) And it's pretty much getting to the end of the day here, but I did enjoy it. :D

Here's to another year of kicking Clueless arse friendly competition. :lol: :cheers:

Good to hear.

That's what I'm here for. Somebody has to be slow :dopey:

EDIT-what car did you get? My b-day was the 28th and I got a Spitfire :D

Last edited:
Good to hear.

That's what I'm here for. Somebody has to be slow :dopey:

EDIT-what car did you get? My b-day was the 28th and I got a Spitfire :D

Don't worry, you always have Theo to help. :dopey:

Eh, I used my dad's age and birthday, got a classy Datsun 510…might do a race/Nismo version for it here. :D

Jenkins looks like he's in the middle of rolling his eyes in that pic. I had one particular pic of him, made him look all surprised lol.

Another happy bday to you Onboy. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Cheers overload here. :lol:

What did you get for your bday present on GT5 and everything? Missed the above post. 510 is Bluebird, innit?

I set my bday to 1982 - one Audi quattro every year. :lol: (What's funny is Praiano released his quattro tune on my bday as well :lol:)

Another happy bday to you Onboy. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Cheers overload here. :lol:

What did you get for your bday present on GT5 and everything? Missed the above post. 510 is Bluebird, innit?

You can never have one too many beers. :lol:

Yup. Probably quite a lot of chance for rolling over if I'm not careful. :lol:

Don't worry, you always have Theo to help. :dopey:

Eh, I used my dad's age and birthday, got a classy Datsun 510…might do a race/Nismo version for it here. :D

Look at that. I'm in the market for a 510 tune and you plan on making one. :D

Back